AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 20:30   Link #7561
Ermes Marana

Gray was pretty much in an impossible position due to one person only going after him.

Obviously he could have done much more to defend himself... but only by using magic that would have let everyone know where he was, thus making him everyone's target. And without using noticeable magic, what could he do? If it was one on one, no way would he let himself keep getting taken out like that.

Granted, he didn't even try anything interesting, but most of the characters didn't do anything interesting. Fights with lots of combatants tend to be dumbed down.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 05:48   Link #7562
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Gray was not in a impossible situation. He was at much disadvantage as Lyon or Juvia. What he had trouble with is the fact that Raven Tail member was sticking to him. But if he was better prepared he could have tried to counterattack him. You can all say how Nulpting was tough, but the fact that Eve landed a hit on him means that he wasn't untouchable. But even if Eve's power was better suited for this game and even if Gray couldn't track down and fight against Nulpting, he could have tried to at least land one hit on other opponents. It seems to me like he was on the defensive most of the time.

I do feel sorry for the outcome and Nulpting was cause of that, but Gray also takes the blame as he never showed wits and intellect during the competition ether.
Old 2012-02-14, 09:50   Link #7563
Slayerx

actually gray should have been able to take advantage of Eve's strategy. The tactic did not work on ice mages so they would not be exposed, but they would be able to find other by the way they shiver or by seeing their breath the same way Eve was able to find targets.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:57   Link #7564
immblueversion

Truth be told, I'm starting to feel a little worried about Gray. I mean, he looked pissed by the end. I don't blame him, considering how he's been made a laughingstock (though I can't say I can particularly hate Rufus for his win since neither Fairy Tail nor the readers knew what he was capable of before now). I just hope he doesn't do anything...regrettable.

Did Makarov say that the team to suffer a punishment game had to get less points than the other by the end of the game event, the end of the day, or the end of the whole tournament? Because if you ask me, it looks like Gray is gonna need a little alone time (here's looking at you, Juvia).

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 16:59   Link #7565
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Truth be told, I'm starting to feel a little worried about Gray. I mean, he looked pissed by the end. I don't blame him, considering how he's been made a laughingstock (though I can't say I can particularly hate Rufus for his win since neither Fairy Tail nor the readers knew what he was capable of before now). But if you ask me, he looks like he needs a little alone time (here's looking at you, Juvia). Besides, did Makarov say that the team to suffer a punishment game had to get less points than the other by the end of the game event, the end of the day, or the end of the whole tournament?
he should head out to the woods and look up Ultear for some comfort time
Old 2012-02-14, 18:18   Link #7566
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he should head out to the woods and look up Ultear for some comfort time
*nod nod* True, unless you know... if Ultear and Meredy are already in a relationship... he would be barking up on the wrong tree.
Old 2012-02-14, 19:53   Link #7567
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
*nod nod* True, unless you know... if Ultear and Meredy are already in a relationship... he would be barking up on the wrong tree.
I still see them as wee sister/big sister or mother/daughter relationship, meaning in the process of Gray hooking up with Ultear he gets a cho kawaii, daughter/wee sister!

And tbh I'm hoping Lucy puts up a good fight but loses in the end, gotta big up the RT and I want Flare to be the one to do so. Love her<3
Old 2012-02-14, 19:56   Link #7568
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I still see them as wee sister/big sister or mother/daughter relationship, meaning in the process of Gray hooking up with Ultear he gets a cho kawaii, daughter/wee sister!

And tbh I'm hoping Lucy puts up a good fight but loses in the end, gotta big up the RT and I want Flare to be the one to do so. Love her<3
just think of the fun form Meredy's power to share emotions
Old 2012-02-14, 23:07   Link #7569
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Did Makarov say that the team to suffer a punishment game had to get less points than the other by the end of the game event, the end of the day, or the end of the whole tournament? Because if you ask me, it looks like Gray is gonna need a little alone time (here's looking at you, Juvia).
Pretty sure the punishment game is for the whole tournament.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:51   Link #7570
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Gray was not in a impossible situation. He was at much disadvantage as Lyon or Juvia. What he had trouble with is the fact that Raven Tail member was sticking to him. But if he was better prepared he could have tried to counterattack him.

That wasn't my point. He could have counterattacked, and if it was one on one he would have. (Gray may have beaten him one on one)

The problem is counterattacking without giving away your position.

As an example, let's say he created an ice fortress around himself. Now everyone knows where he is and he gets attacked by every team at once. So what about making an ice fortress around a fake Gray and attacking the ones who go after the fake? Wouldn't work, because Nulpting always knows where the real one is.

Maybe there is something he could have done, but it was close to impossible because he couldn't figure out how he was being perfectly tracked, and he couldn't use any type of counterattack that would reveal his location (which is almost anything).
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 06:44   Link #7571
konart

Spoiler for 271:
Old 2012-02-17, 07:26   Link #7572
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 271:
Old 2012-02-17, 07:36   Link #7573
immblueversion

Spoiler for 271:

Old 2012-02-17, 07:47   Link #7574
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 271:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 08:16   Link #7575
Crimrui
Hollow

Spoiler for 271:
Old 2012-02-17, 08:27   Link #7576
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 271:
Old 2012-02-17, 08:37   Link #7577
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for 271:
Evidently the army of the Magic Council is called the "Rune Knights." The "Holy Knights" appear to be something else entirely. And even if Lucy doesn't win next week (hopefully the title isn't too much of a giveaway to a specific event), I still want her to at least walk away with a tie. I mean, she's fighting to "not lose," so even though she'd definitely act to keep her friends out of harm's way, would she really act to let her guild's reputation sink any deeper into the gutter? I suppose she doesn't have much of a choice, and it's still early in the event, but it still sucks that they have to go through this crap.

Old 2012-02-17, 08:47   Link #7578
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I agree with you 100% blue. Btw, using my BUH-RILLIANT powers of deduction, I figured out why Arcadias is doing what he's doing, ready?, HERE IT IS!
Spoiler for The truth:
Also, Did anyone else get like an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 vibe with Lucy's spirit summoning and attack tactics? Level 1 Hyper combo with Taurus delay into LEvel 1 Hyper combo with Scorpio, the Aldebaran attack, CROSS OVER...COMBINATION! Delay hyper combo into Cancer.
Old 2012-02-17, 09:07   Link #7579
Rahan

Spoiler for 271:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 09:10   Link #7580
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Chapter 271:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen