AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 98 65.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 18:01   Link #81
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm still confused as to what are people not understanding?
Old 2012-03-25, 18:22   Link #82
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so it's possible some answers for these have already been given.

But...

1) First of all, I don't get why over a thousand Flame Hazes and three Gods of the Earth had to go to Xanadu. Wasn't the new world created with the block in place against denizens consuming humans? So why do the Flame Hazes need to be there, unless its so they can't let go of their ages-old feud with denizens?

2) With 1 in mind, I was kind of hoping that this was it - The end of the ages-old Flame Haze/Denizens war. The Hatfields and McCoys were finally going to reach peace after thousands of years of warfare. 1 kinda throws this into serious doubt though.

3) There was some minor bits of in-universe lore/terminology that kind of escaped me, but this is no big deal and it doesn't bother me. If I ever get really curious about it, I'm sure some research will answer my questions. I'm thinking mostly about things like those big, long titles that every famous Flame Haze/denizen has, and what exactly those titles mean. That sort of in-universe trivia, really. It's nothing for anybody to worry about.

But truth be told, what I care most about is the Earth of Shana, and the core protagonist cast. The Earth of Shana has been helped immeasurably by so many denizens heading off to Xanadu. And Shana/Yuji get their happy end.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-03-25 at 18:36.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:39   Link #83
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
if people follows our discussion and Deathscyther's explanation since beginning of the series, I believe everything already clear enough now
Old 2012-03-25, 18:46   Link #84
Proto

1) My take on this is threefold:

- The Flame Hazes can't trust the denizens to save their lives so they feel the need to go and police them despite the new rule (God forbids they find a new way to disrupt t3h balance)
- Much like Kamshim, they have developed a codependant relationship with the Denizens such that they need them to feel a purpose. But really, they are not truly human themselves anymore, so they serve no purpose by staying in Earth
- The words of the God of Guidance.

2) It kind of puts the words of the God of guidance in perspective: You are headed to an end. And the existance of the heir of both worlds requires careful nurturing un preparation for hwatever is to come.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:06   Link #85
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Only thing that bothers me , Yoshida couldn't say goodbye to Shana & Sakai...
Anyway , the ending was quite good compared to ZnT...
Old 2012-03-25, 19:33   Link #86
virox

The second translation is finally out, and I'm glad it's much better than the first. It confirms the theory about Leanan-sidhe carving the spell to create an existence into the Anti-fire Ring Azure a long time ago and of course, it also confirms that Yuuji's not a human, like the first translation made it out to be, but rather an independent existence that can't really be labeled as anything other than "Sakai Yuuji".

The new world is a paradise for Tomogara, that is true, but Flame Hazes are also just humans contracted to Tomogara. Like the God of Guidance said, they way everything is like now, they are headed to an end. They have to learn to get along with each other. Also, many Flame Hazes are actually curious about this new world, there are many different reasons as for why they want to go over there. Of course, some Flame Hazes still can't forgive the Tomogara, but it will work out eventually. I'm sure. And Yuuji and Shana are there too, to work hard for the sake of the new world. Everything is fine. I love this ending so much, damn it.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:37   Link #87
Senshigeia

I think it would be OK if the tomogaras didn't want to interact with humans. This was explained before - I don't quite remmember who (Deathscyther probably)... For normal people Tomogaras are monsters, aliens. They would attach what they don't know...
Can you imagine how owr government would react if they found beings from Guze?
So Yuji wants to make them co-exist, live together and share the new world - that's one of the reasons Justus is so important... and also all the Flame Hazes. I mean, they just changed their reason to fight.

EDIT: I've also seen the second translation: good like always and much more in tune with the novels. Yuji is a strong being, non-human. So, he can live forever by Shana's side!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-25, 19:55   Link #88
taichi-kun

Thanks a lot, so he is not a normal human.I'm happy

The reiji mago is still inside Yuuji,right?

In the worst of cases he still has a lot of POE to live forever like a Mystess.....(johan lived so many years )
Old 2012-03-25, 19:58   Link #89
com_gwp

Oh god, this ending was beautiful. Who cares if they left plot points hanging with unanswered questions? This was a rare and beautiful conclusion to a series that started me on watching animes. All that emotion and nostalgia when Hishoku no Sora played left my eyes moist.

It like when FMA ended. It really felt like the end of an era when they sealed the deal with the kiss and walked into the horizon. Good bye, Shana, and thanks for all the years of memories

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-03-25 at 20:16.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:04   Link #90
Kristen
*Author

Wow, what a truly sad ending. Yuji and Yoshida, two lovers bound by the string of fate, separated in two separate worlds.

Anyways, what happened this episode? Yuji didn't feel like he had the right of Shana's assistance in the maintenance of that new world. He felt he had to go it alone, leaving both his love, Yoshida, and his friend, Shana, in the new world. After a battle, which Shana won, Yuji decided to agree to have her help him. Remembering that "A kiss between the lips is an oath", he sealed the contract to have her help him with it. He went with Shana then to do his duty, favoring it over his true love with Yoshida.

Yet even though they are in different world, the powers of their love are still connecting them.

Old 2012-03-25, 20:14   Link #91
drulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
The reiji mago is still inside Yuuji,right?
I remember Shana saying he is not a torch anymore so I dont think he still has the reiji mago
Old 2012-03-25, 20:22   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
But why did we need a fight in this episode? Shouldn't Sydonay and Margery feel like idiots getting drawn into this stupid Shana vs Yuji last fight? They could have just dropped the powers and just argued.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:32   Link #93
Proto

Sydonay himself wanted to die, and Margery only obliged.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:36   Link #94
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But why did we need a fight in this episode? Shouldn't Sydonay and Margery feel like idiots getting drawn into this stupid Shana vs Yuji last fight? They could have just dropped the powers and just argued.
Deciding who wore the pants in the relationship is srsbsnss.

As for Sydonay and Margery, well... they have their own relationship issues anyway.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-03-25, 21:07   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Sydonay vs. Margery fight didn't have the best motivation in the world, but I felt Shana vs. Yuji was clear enough

My impression is that Yuji wanted to break things off with Shana, as he felt he didn't deserve a happy ending with her (after all the morally questionable things he did while paired with Snake of the Festival). Shana strongly objected to that, so much so that she took the fight to Yuji to try to force him to follow his heart rather than his sense of guilt. Thankfully, Shana won.

Sydonay vs. Margery happened, in part, as an extension of Shana vs. Yuji. I was a bit surprised that Margery wanted to outright kill the guy, but I guess the grudges she's built up over time with Bal Masque weren't that easy to get over.

Also, thanks to Proto, virox, and Senshigeia for their thoughts on why all those Flame Hazes went to the new world. I guess it does make some sense at least. I myself would be curious to see this new world if I were in the shoes of a Flame Haze.
Old 2012-03-25, 22:31   Link #96
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Wow, what a truly sad ending. Yuji and Yoshida, two lovers bound by the string of fate, separated in two separate worlds.

Anyways, what happened this episode? Yuji didn't feel like he had the right of Shana's assistance in the maintenance of that new world. He felt he had to go it alone, leaving both his love, Yoshida, and his friend, Shana, in the new world. After a battle, which Shana won, Yuji decided to agree to have her help him. Remembering that "A kiss between the lips is an oath", he sealed the contract to have her help him with it. He went with Shana then to do his duty, favoring it over his true love with Yoshida.

Yet even though they are in different world, the powers of their love are still connecting them.

Spoiler for for Kristen:

glad to have you back here, Kristen....

I'm supporting Yoshida to claim Ike anyway.... just leave that Hirai Yukari alone...
Old 2012-03-25, 22:36   Link #97
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'm supporting Yoshida to claim Ike anyway.... just leave that Hirai Yukari alone...
yeah that bit at the end of weird when it showed yukari and ike in a pic on her bag, i was hoping ikexyoshida ending

Anyway awesome episode and a great finish to a great anime ^^ CHEERS!
Old 2012-03-25, 22:51   Link #98
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Amazing episode, and an amazing finale, both in plot and commedy. Finally, Yuji and Shana end up together after that small bit of ridiculous thought process. I mean, we all knew Yuji wouldn't possibly deny himself of what he wanted in front of that loli girl shouting urusai urusai urusai. There were some portions of the plot that I didn't understand, but I'm just going to let it slide and not dwell on it.

I thought that Sydonay staying with Yuji was odd enough. I guess he wanted to know Yuji's reason for doing all this, and more importantly, to die and be side to side with his obsession aka Hecate; couldn't believe he was done in for a moment. Pedophile to the end, that guy. Evangelion-like fight was funny to watch. Kudos for the screaming the VA had to do.

Getting to hear Hishoku no Sora at the final scene was amazing.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:24   Link #99
zergdramon
Proud to be Here

Shakugan no Shana will never be forgotten, I'll make sure that my children and grand children will know about this series and so on...

Another Great Anime Ended....but hey! Maybe JC Staff will do another one with the story of Mathilde, the first Flame Haze of Alastor.

Maybe...just maybe they will do the story of the Ancient War where Flame Haze defeats Snake of the Festival and the Great War where Azis is the enemy and Mathilde dies.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:29   Link #100
Proto

Quote:
yeah that bit at the end of weird when it showed yukari and ike in a pic on her bag, i was hoping ikexyoshida ending
Don't you remember? Back in season 1 episode 2 when they took that photo?
Closed Thread