Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 08:30   Link #1961
EroKing

Old 2012-09-10, 08:50   Link #1962
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Hmmm... Didn't expect Watase to the one in the pic (I expected perhaps Inaban x Taichi). I, for one, suspect Fujishima's involvement, why else would Watase be so happy about being tied up?!
That's probably the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Hmmm... For some reason I've been seeing similar images of this rather often these days...

Its like someone is trying to guilt me or something...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-10 at 09:01.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 08:59   Link #1963
Gohan78
Awakened One

Nice ending for the Kizu Random arc.
I only have a minor complaint about the lenght of Inaba's crying scene but I understand that she was letting out weeks of pent-up emotions.

Concerning her punch to Taichi, I interpreted it as "Taichi, you're too reckless! Do you realize how much I was worried?". It was an irrational but understandable act. I dislike female violence towards the MC when it's only motivated by petty jealousy or embarassment but in this case I can accept it.

I don't agree with those viewers who think that Taichi's character has not been explored enough.
It's true that he didn't do much in this arc's finale but we saw a lot of his ugly side in Kizu Random, when he scolded Inaba, fought with Aoki and even hurt Iori.
In episode 5 he already told us that the reason behind his White Knight persona is that he can't stand seeing people suffering. He'd rather take that suffering upon himself. Some viewers probably think that there must be some kind of trauma in Taichi's past that justifies his personality but that's not necessarily true.

Concerning the confession scene, I think that Taichi rejected Inaba like a true gentleman, saying that he appreciates her feelings but he's already in love with Iori. The "right now" part IMHO it's just a nuance of the Japanese language; it doesn't mean that he is unsure of his feelings for Iori.

Finally, for the people who were expecting a catfight between Iori and Inaba, I am glad that the writer didn't go that way. It would have left a bad taste in my mouth. I am aware that in real life it is next to impossible for two girls who are in love with the same guy to remain friends but I am willing to give the show some suspension of disbelief. Especially since Iori already showed a sign that she is not perfectly happy with the status quo.

Now, since Iori and Taichi's relationship has been put on hold until the resolution of the "unleashing of desires" situation, I am curious to see if they will officially become a couple next week. Of course I cheer for Inaban to triumph... Sawashiro-san is such a goddess.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 10:49   Link #1964
Nico87

First volume of the Japanese BD/DVD release has been delayed for a month, in all likelihood related to the drama. Release was supposed to be 26/9 but has now been pushed back. Good choice in my opinion.
Nico87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:55   Link #1965
Zeross

himeko was so cure this ep i wanted to hug her.

i specialy loved the part when her voice start to burst when she speak to herself and start laugthing near the end. i realy felt her emotional outburst that was so much she couldn't speak straight. kudo to the seiyu for this one.
Old 2012-09-10, 15:57   Link #1966
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... For some reason I've been seeing similar images of this rather often these days...

Its like someone is trying to guilt me or something...
*Sniff sniff*

"Chaos2Frozen no baka."

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 00:47   Link #1967
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
himeko was so cure this ep i wanted to hug her.

i specialy loved the part when her voice start to burst when she speak to herself and start laugthing near the end. i realy felt her emotional outburst that was so much she couldn't speak straight. kudo to the seiyu for this one.
Himeko's seiyuu is Sawashiro Miyuki 沢城みゆき. Age 27, but she has been a seiyuu since she was 14 and won an audition to play Petit Charat in Di Gi Charat.

She is one of the seiyuus people say is a "real ability" seiyuu, rather than an idol seiyuu or a seiyuu who depends on the cuteness of her voice. Yuuki Aoi, who played Murasaki to her Shinkuro in Kurenai, more or less worships her. They have both won the seiyuu award as top seiyuu in a given year.

Some of her other well-known roles are Shinku in Rozen Maiden, Lag Seeing in Letter Bee, Celty in Durarara, and Kanbaru in Bakemonogatari. Huge range, obviously, although you can just about always recognize her voice. She is also in a live theatre group. She is known to be smart and have a bit of a sharp tongue, so I can't help thinking she's perfect for Himeko, lol.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-09-11 at 01:10.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 02:17   Link #1968
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Cuties
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-11, 02:21   Link #1969
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Sweet ^

I would love a Celty, Kanbaru and Himeko line up together.

No wonder why Kanbaru voice was so appealing and Celty is a given (everyone preferences).
Old 2012-09-11, 02:41   Link #1970
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
She is known to be smart and have a bit of a sharp tongue, so I can't help thinking she's perfect for Himeko, lol.
She's the ideal choice to play the 'cool mature beauty' roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Cuties
I don't think there's a reference right ?
Old 2012-09-11, 10:50   Link #1971
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She's the ideal choice to play the 'cool mature beauty' roles.
? Kanbaru isn't a "cool mature beauty" and I would like to argue that neither is Himeko. You say it yourself. She is more otome than she lets on The Seiyuu on topic here is probably the one with the biggest range, at least among the ones I know of (and I don't know many because I don't care for voice acting for the most part as long as it's not awful).

Just logged in to say that Miyuki-San's best role (for me) was in a little-known (outside Japan, that is) video game by the name of Dangan Ronpa. There's a LP of it somewhere in somethingawful and I believe there is a thread in animesuki about it too. I can't say what her role is because that would spoil it ;_;. Please don't search for it either as the game is very easy to spoil and you will be spoiled if you look info about it. Just go read the LP (and/or play the game if you can). The LP has videos etc. linked and heed witness to her amazing performance. I can tell you that the antagonist of the game is the cutest teddy ever voiced by the old lady who voiced Doraemon for decades though!
Old 2012-09-11, 16:18   Link #1972
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
? Kanbaru isn't a "cool mature beauty" and I would like to argue that neither is Himeko. You say it yourself. She is more otome than she lets on The Seiyuu on topic here is probably the one with the biggest range, at least among the ones I know of (and I don't know many because I don't care for voice acting for the most part as long as it's not awful).
Just because I said she's ideal to play that certain role, doesn't mean she can't play anything else good- That includes lesbian basketball players that might be bisexuals.

Also, Himeko is that "cool mature beauty"; just because she's a young girl when in love doesn't change the fact that her usual personality is that calm and assertive character.

Which btw, even Celty had her otome moments when in love.
Old 2012-09-11, 16:20   Link #1973
Sumeragi
Banned

Inaban is an Ice Princess with a Hot Heart.
Old 2012-09-11, 16:30   Link #1974
Dawnstorm

However you classify her, she's the main attraction of Kokoro Connect. (Or so I say.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 16:49   Link #1975
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
However you classify her, she's the main attraction of Kokoro Connect. (Or so I say.)
So say we all.
Old 2012-09-11, 18:13   Link #1976
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So say we all.
Or not....
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 22:58   Link #1977
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Cry out, and have a good day.

Images
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:57   Link #1978
Ridwan

I'm completely fine with otome-mode Inaba But her pairing with Taichi has rendered the romantic pull between them meaningless to me, so I just watch for Inaba
Old 2012-09-12, 00:44   Link #1979
Sumeragi
Banned

An Otome Inaba is fine too.

But Iori has a better idea: Meganekko Inaban!

Old 2012-09-12, 01:04   Link #1980
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

cute pic of the girls

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life