AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 15:33   Link #261
Bern-san

Is this the end? I thought it had 13 episodes

Megu was first introduced in chapter 12, the anime stopped at chapter 28 and Megu continued to pursue Yamato until her last appearance which was chapter 34. Just to give an idea on how her plot was rushed. And let's not talk about how nearly all of Kai's scenes weren't animated.

Despite that, I was pleased with how it turned out this episode.

Megu's new hair looked good although it's a shame that we didn't get to see Kai's haircut (and yes! Yamato's brother is his usual hairdresser).

Was totally excited to see Chiharu and Hirakawa even if it was only a couple of seconds (but I think anime-only viewers would be confused to see the guy who tried to sleep with Mei having a good girl like Chiharu as his gf) and totally loved the little interaction between Aiko and her bf (she's so tsundere).

I liked Suneohair's song at the end. Which song was it?
Old 2012-12-23, 15:43   Link #262
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I don't think this is the end, cause there is one more episode to go according to AniDB, MAL and syoboi. Episode 13 will air on the 29th.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 15:57   Link #263
Bern-san

Thanks MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
Now I wonder, what are they going to cover next episode?
Old 2012-12-23, 16:10   Link #264
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

The epilogue makes it seem like it's the end....perhaps next episode is a special? Summation of the entire story thus far in a single episode? I'm just guessing.

Old 2012-12-23, 19:41   Link #265
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to say I was surprised to find there was another episode as that had 'last episode' written all over it.

Oh my god, that insert song when Mei was in her yukata and trying to meet Yamato even though the festival was over, that gave me such massive Honey and Clover vibes. That was wonderfully well done.

After that, the thirteenth episode has a long way to go to not appear superfluous.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 06:03   Link #266
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Oh my god, that insert song when Mei was in her yukata and trying to meet Yamato even though the festival was over, that gave me such massive Honey and Clover vibes. That was wonderfully well done.
So I wasn't the only one who got the feeling. It reminded me SOOOO much of Honey and Clover and that scene actually made my heart melt. Although main couple pretty much ruined everythng, but seeing Kai and Megu together even for a brief moment was worth it.
Old 2012-12-25, 17:49   Link #267
ginger02

The show has one more episode right? But even so, it's gonna end this week. The saddest part of every season where all the animes and dramas end.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 13:54   Link #268
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Ep. 13.. funny episode full of alot of misunderstandings. Also, isn't Kai the garbage dude for the show? He seems to clear up alot of the messes others seem to leave...
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 14:15   Link #269
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this episode part of the manga?

A light-hearted episode full of lol moments. Not bad considering I need some comedy after the past few episodes. At least this episode is more "eventful" than Tonari's final episode.

Old 2012-12-29, 14:23   Link #270
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Ep. 13.. funny episode full of alot of misunderstandings. Also, isn't Kai the garbage dude for the show? He seems to clear up alot of the messes others seem to leave...
And don't forget Aiko, she is the one who always has to set things clear for Mei and Yamato too.

My question is, at the end of the episode 12 we saw Kai going to Daichi's (Yamato's brother) saloon (it looked like the scene in the manga where he complained Daichi's idea of having a mohawk because people were scared of him) but we didn't see his new look well I've always liked his mohawk.

Anyway so they finished the series with a filler episode. It was funny though misunderstandings make me nervous and wanted to punch Yamato and Mei

Happy to see Kakeru and Chiharu again, since they didn't animate their story and Chiharu lacked screentime the anime stuff used that to create more misunderstandings (don't know if slap or praise the anime team)

Surprised to see Nagi's boyfriend too! Lack of Yamato's brother made me sad

I will never be tired to say that Aiko and her bf are super cute, especially how in love he is with Aiko and she's always so tsundere. The last scene with all the couples and Kai (poor babe) was pretty.

Guess I'll give it an 8 thanks to the last 2 episodes
Old 2012-12-29, 14:47   Link #271
LKK

Mei and Yamato are going to make a really cute couple someday once they get over their uncertainty about their relationship issues and learn not to over analyze every wrinkle that life throws their way. I wish them the best and wouldn't mind watching a second season where they grow more confident. (Unlikely to happen, I know. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 14:48   Link #272
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

that was a funny end to it. Those misunderstandings were just great.
Old 2012-12-29, 16:12   Link #273
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I suppose it's a rather fitting way to end by highlighting the main aspect of this series: Forcing every last drop of painfully frustrating drama over a complete non issue. (Sorry if I'm being a bit of a killjoy, folks)

Though I am rather rather curious about the random phone call from an apparently redeemed Kakeru. I remember seeing his piece of shit face in the last episode and wondered what the hell he was doing there but now I know. Wonder what his story is though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:59   Link #274
ookamigirl

Nagi sure complicated things again.
Her little outburst really made a mess of things.
Jealousy and misunderstanding seem to go hand in hand.
Mei needs to be a little more courageous.
Lots of misunderstandings and insecurities in this episode.
This ending didn't feel like an ending at all.
I was kinda expecting more romance and sweetness.
To be completely honest, this final episode was disappointing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 17:47   Link #275
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Though I am rather rather curious about the random phone call from an apparently redeemed Kakeru. I remember seeing his piece of shit face in the last episode and wondered what the hell he was doing there but now I know. Wonder what his story is though...
His story (and Chiharu's) is covered in chapter 7 of the manga, right after he got punched by Yamato.

For those curious enough the group which translates the manga has been on a roll and these days 5 new chapters have been translated (hope they can catch up to Japan and translate my favorite story).
Old 2012-12-29, 19:41   Link #276
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

It seems the Kakeru popping up to this point is for fans of the manga, and even him being used as a plot forwarding device was a surprise to me. Nonetheless, his and Chiharu's story is pretty cute.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:45   Link #277
mistress_kisara

This last episode should have been inserted somewhere in the middle of the series Anyway this episode was cute. 9/10 for me overall
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:58   Link #278
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.13

so after mei & yamato have walk around next day yamato got cold with sister keep all watch on him with mei worry so everyone tell mei go visit yamato.

so mei go charge in try a call but denied by yamato's sister then retreat then got call from everyone with kai tell mei go charge so mei go again.

while yamato stuck with his sister got a call from lady stealer guy with said he find one girl to keep & also work in bakery with yamato in panic if tried going to steal mei?

yet mei try to knock still worry oh a boy with glasses come in for yamato's sister give also worry so mei help the boy charge in for have yamato's sister.

all good yet yamato to find mei yet did mei was there to see bakery & lady stealer guy had own female & not mei so all relax oh baker lady yikes then kai to rescue for yamato.

mei still worry more then yamato appear & etc everything all fine & kiss end.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:11   Link #279
felicitero

It's too bad though that the translators don't update a chapter often
felicitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:14   Link #280
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Awkwark teenage love and both Yamato and Mei freaked out at the end

7/10 Mei just got cuter by every episode