AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-02, 01:21   Link #1
punnissher

Help Please

Hello this would be my first post on this forum. I just recently heard about it from a friend so i decided to ask for some anime suggestions.

The kind of animes i like consist of action/romance and comedy/romance. Some examples would be.

Spoiler for Examples:

So i would like some recommendations of animes like these or with action/romance or comedy/romance. It dosent have to have romance in it but endings are a big deal with me so could you only recommend me animes with a good ending. Such as the anime ending with the main couple falling in love and staying together forever.

Quick recommendations will be greatly apreciated since i have nothing to watch ATM.
Old 2008-02-02, 01:55   Link #2
GetBackers
Semper Fi

Hey man, wassup? Welcome to the site ^^. Alot of people will post here, people love to help others on this site . Anyways, here are some suggestions of action/romance animes or comedy/romance animes that I think are really good!

Effen Lied - I sure hope you seen this already, if you haven't go with it now! Best anime ever! action/romance

GetBackers - Sorta more comedy/action then comedy/romance, but it's good!

Princess Mononoke - VERY good action/romance.

Spirited Away - Another VERY good action/romance.

And that's all I really know , hopefully more people know some better ones xD. Anyways, welcome again to the site!
Old 2008-02-02, 02:02   Link #3
punnissher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuritereaction View Post
Hey man, wassup? Welcome to the site ^^. Alot of people will post here, people love to help others on this site . Anyways, here are some suggestions of action/romance animes or comedy/romance animes that I think are really good!

Effen Lied - I sure hope you seen this already, if you haven't go with it now! Best anime ever! action/romance

GetBackers - Sorta more comedy/action then comedy/romance, but it's good!

Princess Mononoke - VERY good action/romance.

Spirited Away - Another VERY good action/romance.

And that's all I really know , hopefully more people know some better ones xD. Anyways, welcome again to the site!
Thanks ive seen all of those excpt for Effen Lied can you tell me if it has a happy ending? Im only intrested in animes with happy endings i descriped above ^_^.
Old 2008-02-02, 02:02   Link #4
Sakurashope7
レイチェル

Send a message via MSN to Sakurashope7
I like the same anime genre :)

A few good ones that I watch are:

Marmalade Boy (definitely!)

Midori no Hibi

Card Captor Sakura (a cute "crush" romance

His and Her Circumstances (definitely romantic comedy) *great music too!*

School Rumble (more comedy than romantic, but there is some romance

hmmm cant think of anymore at the moment have fun!
Old 2008-02-02, 02:08   Link #5
GetBackers
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnissher View Post
Thanks ive seen all of those excpt for Effen Lied.

Woah man you need to go watch it right now! As for the ending, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's happy to some people and sad to others not really sure. I'll just say tho, this is the only anime i ever cried while watching.

Last edited by GetBackers; 2008-02-02 at 17:18.
Old 2008-02-02, 03:53   Link #6
punnissher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurashope7 View Post
A few good ones that I watch are:

Marmalade Boy (definitely!)

Midori no Hibi

Card Captor Sakura (a cute "crush" romance

His and Her Circumstances (definitely romantic comedy) *great music too!*

School Rumble (more comedy than romantic, but there is some romance

hmmm cant think of anymore at the moment have fun!

Does His and her circumstances and school rumble have a good ending? (meaning the main couple confess their feelings and get to stay together forever?)
Old 2008-02-02, 09:50   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The romances in School Rumble remain unresolved throughout the two seasons. That's the main comedic thread throughout the show -- unrequited love. Nevertheless it's often hilariously funny; one of my top-five comedies.

The ending to His and Her Circumstances is controversial to say the least. I liked it, but many people find it unsatisfying. Anything more gets into spoiler territory, not to mention I haven't watched it in a couple of years now.

One excellent show that will get you the ending you want is Planetes. There's a lot more going on in that show than just the romance, though. You might also try Nodame Cantabile, but again the ending is rather open. The characters in NC are definitely much closer emotionally by the end of the show, though.
Old 2008-02-02, 17:01   Link #8
gh0stmice
*Artist

haha...homie really liked elfen lied....thats wonderful...
now you should watch gurren lagann....thats my second pick after elfen lied....
its very very gar....with alot of manlyness in it...dont be deterred by the animation...it can get very sad....its the most epic anime next to elfen lied in my book

Last edited by gh0stmice; 2008-02-02 at 17:33.
Old 2008-02-02, 17:19   Link #9
GetBackers
Semper Fi

Huh, whatever do you mean? I don't see any URL , lol.

Oh and about gurren lagann, I was getting fooled by the animations lol. I looked it up on google and wiki and I was like, "Man this mess looks stupid, why do people like this so much"? I guess I'll take a look at episode 1 lol, hope I don't regret it >_<.

Last edited by GetBackers; 2008-02-02 at 17:36.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:13   Link #10
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

For romance anime, my picks are... (drumroll):

Asatte No Houkou. Atmospheric scenery, and more drama than comedy.
Nodame Cantabile. Great dramatic romantic comedy. Sort of like the Screwball Romantic Comedies of the '50s.
Lovely Complex. The long and the short of it is... (pun) GREAT ROMANTIC COMEDY DUO!!!
Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na - Crescent Love. A gentle comedic romance.

Edit: D'OH! Oh yeah! I forgot! Also on my list, is:
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru A bit of a gender-bender, but still, a great harem-style romantic comedy...

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2008-02-02 at 19:26.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:24   Link #11
Saber Cherry
Marionette

For action/comedy/romance, try Full Metal Panic. I can't think of anything else that blends the 3 so well. You might try Shugo Chara too, which is also action/comedy/romance, but also magical girl with young characters, so the romance and action both have strict limits.

Karin and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase are also action/comedy/romance, though Moon Phase is weaker on the comedy part.

And lastly... Zero no Tsukaima, Shakugan no Shana, and Keroro Gunso are action/comedy/romance, though each is a bit more focussed on 2 of the 3 areas.

I'll second the suggestion of School Rumble, too. That one is weaker on the action part, but very good for romance/comedy.
Old 2008-02-02, 19:18   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I second Cardcaptor Sakura and Elfen Lied. I can't really tell you about Elfen Lied's ending either, because saying anything would be major spoiler.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:37   Link #13
punnissher

thanks for all the help. More people help so my list to watch can get bigger!!!! Thanks a bunch guys!
Old 2008-02-04, 21:46   Link #14
punnissher

ok i just finished watching the ones that i havent seen. Could anyone recommend me some more like these?
Old 2008-02-04, 21:55   Link #15
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Really? Every one? Just browsing back over the list I see series whose total episode count must be well into the hundreds. Considering that the suggestions are as varied as Nodame Cantabile and Elfen Lied, perhaps you can tell us which of these dozens of suggestions you actually enjoyed before asking for more?
Old 2008-02-04, 22:20   Link #16
gh0stmice
*Artist

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora more romance than anything else...this sgort series is on the tops of many peoples lists.....6 episodes long....
takes place in a hospital....has a happy ending
Old 2008-02-10, 19:22   Link #17
punnissher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Really? Every one? Just browsing back over the list I see series whose total episode count must be well into the hundreds. Considering that the suggestions are as varied as Nodame Cantabile and Elfen Lied, perhaps you can tell us which of these dozens of suggestions you actually enjoyed before asking for more?
most the ones that was posted here ive already seen. i prefer the ones with romance and action or romance and comedy with a happy ending like i said in my first post.
Closed Thread