Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-23, 21:12   Link #281
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Alright, I still can't get my code, I've never been able to get any code lol.

This is the link for getting the code right?: http://banana236.maido3.com/~bs5114/a06/

It seems that my ip doesn't allow me to get the code.

I can only hope that my 1 vote isn't needed for Haruhi-sama.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-23, 21:17   Link #282
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I doubt it'll matter much.

The link takes you to a page where you have to click on the link at the top of the page - are you clicking on that one as well?
Old 2006-08-23, 21:21   Link #283
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I doubt it'll matter much.

The link takes you to a page where you have to click on the link at the top of the page - are you clicking on that one as well?
Yea, but I've been getting this from that link all the while:
Quote:
アニメ最萌トーナメント2006コード発行所 Ver 2006.08.22(A06-13)

コード発行時間は前日23:31~23:03です。コードは1日ごとに変わります。
23:04~23:30 にはその日に発行されたコードのリストが表示されます。
PROXYチェックをしています。接続ホスト等の情報は記録します。
本サーバーの現在時刻は11:20です。
このコードは24日のみ有効です

ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(18)。

ATTENTION
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-23, 21:21   Link #284
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
I think some people are taking this whole thing a little too seriously.
Amen to this. I really couldn't care less about what 'Moe' actually means or represents. I am simply voting for characters of shows I like.

Not doing any hate voting though.

Lets all get along and try to take this as a simple game.
Old 2006-08-23, 21:25   Link #285
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yea, but I've been getting this from that link all the while:
I think it's actually barfing on your proxy server.

EDIT: Let me correct that: it thinks it's barfing on your proxy server - are you actually using one?

EDIT 2: Arimfe has a good point - if you're behind a proxy at your ISP - you're kind of screwed. Though I could be off on the whole thing. Unfortunately my Japanese isn't strong enough to help you - I can never manage to figure out GiTS either.
But I do know that this is the relevant section with the problem:
Quote:
ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!
I just can't figure out what 規制 means.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-08-23 at 21:48.
Old 2006-08-23, 21:39   Link #286
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Alright, I still can't get my code, I've never been able to get any code lol.

This is the link for getting the code right?: http://banana236.maido3.com/~bs5114/a06/

It seems that my ip doesn't allow me to get the code.
Kinny put up some pictures in the 1st post so you can see what webpages you are supposed to get and how they look. It's possible that it's like you said with your IP, I also heard about others who couldn't vote because of their IP or because their ISP forced them behind a proxy. If you are behind a proxy you can disconnect from, try without it.

Quote:
I hate to venture this opinion, but I'm kind of glad about this. I know I would have had to have voted for Mikuru and Yuki against just about anyone. I'd rather see the top four come from different shows if possible. In the same way it's irritating when Duke and North Carolina (both ACC teams) get to the Final Four.
I do understand what you mean, and I also sort of agree that it can be a good thing to balance the endgame a little. It just makes me sad to think Mikuru and Yuki might not make it to the endgame.
Old 2006-08-23, 21:46   Link #287
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
I hate to venture this opinion, but I'm kind of glad about this. I know I would have had to have voted for Mikuru and Yuki against just about anyone. I'd rather see the top four come from different shows if possible. In the same way it's irritating when Duke and North Carolina (both ACC teams) get to the Final Four.

Though what'd be really interesting is if we had dedicated brackets - like a loli bracket, a tsundere bracket, etc, etc. The fourth bracket could be the misc bracket (for characters with slightly more obscure moe types). Though I guess a lot of characters would kind of blur the edges.

Anyway ... back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
I actually think the best way to do it would be to give a certain number of characters (say, 32) seedings based on their performance in the qualification rounds, and randomize the rest. Since seeded characters wouldn't have to meet each other until the final 32, it'd give a better indication of who truly are the most moe (read: popular) characters based on how far they progress, and a lot less clashes like Tsuruya v Eri in the first round.

Moe: Serious business.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:07   Link #288
ando

Actually Anime Ura-Saimoe Tournament(Another Anime Saimoe Tournament) is in progress. It's experimental and adopts the rules and ideas that are not adopted by Anime Saimoe Tournament. A seed system is adopted in Ura-Saimoe, so some of them may be adopted by next year's Saimoe Tournament.

Anime Ura-Saimoe Tournament Official Site:
http://tcode.sakura.ne.jp/uramoe/index.html
Old 2006-08-23, 22:21   Link #289
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I actually think the best way to do it would be to give a certain number of characters (say, 32) seedings based on their performance in the qualification rounds, and randomize the rest. Since seeded characters wouldn't have to meet each other until the final 32, it'd give a better indication of who truly are the most moe (read: popular) characters based on how far they progress, and a lot less clashes like Tsuruya v Eri in the first round.
Less upsets would be less interesting though. I've always liked the "groups of death" - makes everyone raise their game a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Moe: Serious business.
*LOL* This made my whole night - I'm going to stick it in my sig.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:24   Link #290
Furudanuki

Quote:
Yea, but I've been getting this from that link all the while: ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(18)。
If I'm reading this right, 規制 means traffic control or regulation, while 中 means inside or middle. So I would tend to agree with everyone else that the problem apparently lies in some restriction found on your proxy server, or at least what the link site thinks is a proxy server.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:25   Link #291
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)

Current voting thread for August 24th, round 111:

http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1156389408

General instructions for how to vote with pictures are in first post in page 1.
List of todays contestants translated by Kinny Riddle is in page 13.

(By the way, these voting threads can be found via the instructions in 4th post in page 1, in case no links are available or current linked voting threads are locked.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando
Actually Anime Ura-Saimoe Tournament(Another Anime Saimoe Tournament) is in progress. It's experimental and adopts the rules and ideas that are not adopted by Anime Saimoe Tournament. A seed system is adopted in Ura-Saimoe, so some of them may be adopted by next year's Saimoe Tournament.

Anime Ura-Saimoe Tournament Official Site:
http://tcode.sakura.ne.jp/uramoe/index.html

I like how their banner is Higurashi inspired. It would be funny if a Higurashi character won

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-08-24 at 04:27.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:36   Link #292
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Ura-saimoe has a massive roster though. The loser does have a chance to crawl their way back up. The top 16 from preliminary goes straight to the divisional quarterfinal. I am looking at that chart right now to make sense of it... Divisional quarterfinal stage is essentially the same as what we've seen in previous Saimoe thus far. Although divisional semifinal is now a 2 contestants duel. Division final is also 1 in 2.

The nomination round has been changed. 1 contestant mininum per show? Out of 16 groups, the 1st seed will automatically be given a seat in the divisional quarterfinal. Things get interesting here...

First seed (16) goes to divisional quarterfinal. 8 divisions like in Saimoe.
The 2nd to 9th seed (128) will head to qualifier.
The 10th seed onward (496) will enter a second preliminary. Out of 6 groups, the top 40 seeds will enter the qualifier.
Of the total wipeout, 1 contestant from each show will be selected to join qualifier

Qualifier will have 368 plus whoever picked out of the losers so far. Out of 20 gruops, 1-4th seed from each group will advance to divisional quarterfinal.
Divisional quarterfinal will have 96 participants. This sounds rather fair.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-08-23 at 22:57.
Old 2006-08-24, 01:41   Link #293
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshadow
Yes, yes, it is a farce, it is an outright lie, the name is misleading as it is indeed a popularity contest, "moe" isn't even a clear term, yes, you are probably right on pretty much everything you say, yes, yes, whatever. What do you expect? Trying to validly find the most "moe" or "best" character of the year is pretty much impossible. If you think this contest is doing a disservice to the "moe" term, so have tons of other random Japanese shows like Densha Otoko or something. It doesn't really matter much.

In the end, this whole tournament isn't meant to be taken that way. It's a mindless popularity contest. It doesn't have any real credibility. Just look at the way the brackets are set up; they're done completely randomly with no seeding at all, so even as a mindless popularity contest, some popular characters won't even get the credit they deserve (Last year, Fate got eliminated in the first round).

So what? This is all just for fun. I know I'm getting my share. ^_^
I feel like I'm the black sheep in this thread, and I know from my way of discourse that have probably alienated a lot of people here. You know, I am willing to be a fanboy once in a while, which is why I still partake in voting in this competition. But my first tendency and bias is to think critically. It is who I am, it is how I am taught, and it is what I have to offer. Please understand, all I wanted to say and prove is that there are characters that deserve better. I can't be the only one that carries this frustration, but then again, I see no supporters behind me. *Sigh*, I feel desolate. Apologies if my discussion is unwanted.
Old 2006-08-24, 01:49   Link #294
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Please understand, all I wanted to say and prove is that there are characters that deserve better. I can't be the only one that carries this frustration, but then again, I see no supporters behind me.
We all know this. All one can do, though, is accept the result and move on.
Old 2006-08-24, 01:56   Link #295
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
. Please understand, all I wanted to say and prove is that there are characters that deserve better.
Ultimately subjective.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:16   Link #296
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Since I can't vote, I can only watch For today's match, I'll be cheering for these characters:

Group 50 --> Alicia Florence - ARIA series : I've seen only a few of the episode. Her beauty is a moe factor to me

Group 51 --> Reinforce II - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's : Don't get me wrong here, MoSH fans I don't have anything against Haruhi. But I found that Reinforce II is more moe than Haruhi. WHY? I LOVE CHIBIS They turn me on

GO ALICIA! GO REINFORCE II!

P/S: What is moe to me? Well...for me it's something that will turn me on & go, "Kyaaa! How cute!" or "What a beauty" or "All right! Now I'm all fired up!" I personally find that Raging Heart's spirit is a moe factor to me. My memory is not very clear now But there's a scene where Nanoha feared that RH will got damage. But RH reassure Nanoha that it can still shot. That kind of spirit & determination turns me on & burns my spirit. For me, moe is not only about cuteness & beauty. It can be about various things.

I don't know how people consider Haman as being moe. Since I haven't seen the anime that she's in, I can't say now. But wasn't she the leader of something? Maybe her characteristics are the moe factors *shrug* Star Bride? Well...ever see a painting / statue etc in an art museum? Some of us who doesn't understand arts might say, "What a horrible looking picture!" or "What's this supposed to be?" While those who know better will say, "It's a beauty piece of work" I guess that how some other people consider a normal-looking horse as being moe But that's just my opinion though. I've seen people said something made out of junk to be a beauty Oh! I'm NOT talking about Suigintou here Suigintou is NOT a junk.

Last edited by rei; 2006-08-24 at 08:27.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:29   Link #297
Anime Online

The voting system in the moe tournament is clear. If your favorite character lost, I can only say "Take it like a man." Talking about how your favorite character deserve better and how a better system could have worked only make you look like a sore loser.
Old 2006-08-24, 09:19   Link #298
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The result on the 24th is exactly as predicted ...
Haruhi won though with a decent margin (49.8% of the total vote, but had 200 vote lead to 2nd place). Chibi Reinforce didn't embarass though. Gave a good fight.
Yakumo won in a landslide.
Alicia Florance also had a landslide victory.

We now turn to Kinny Riddle for extended Saimoe coverage.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-24, 09:46   Link #299
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Yakumo and Alicia won in landslides, but while Haruhi's win margin was relatively comfortable, her votes seems to have decreased from the qualifiers. (I pat myself on the back for warning Haruhi-ists in the SuzuHaru section against complacency, or the margin would have been even narrower. lol ......Just joking of course. The most I can pull to vote from ASuki is probably less than 10 people. xD )

It'll take some time before the SuzuHaru fanbase really establishes itself. Just wait till KyoAni makes the second series, I predict late 2007/early 2008 earliest, which would make SuzuHaru characters eligible for the Saimoe 2008. By then, not even the "anti-Haruhi-ists" can affect the outcome, because they'll be too busy having a backlash on some other new series.

Spoiler for Aug 24th results:

http://saimoe2006.hp.infoseek.co.jp/e.txt

Spoiler for Aug 25th entries:

I think I'd pick Miyu over Haruka anyday, kickass androids FTW.
And of course, everyone's favourite psycho lesbian - Shizuru.

Current voting thread
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1156425799/
Old 2006-08-24, 09:49   Link #300
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(don't laugh. 10 votes in Saimoe translates to something like the swing base of potentially 1-3% depending on how many voted. That kind of influence is on par with the best of lobbyists really.)
Although I like Etna, Disgaea the anime... I need to think about this one. Group 54 might see some strategic voting. Poor Taiga-nee. Today is an Otome day with Gokujou as sidedish.

Closed Thread