AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-04, 12:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 599 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, well, well.... we've got ourselves a nice early spoiler! Not much is known so far, but hey! Check out these sweet pics:

Spoiler:

BTW, about Zoro's scar, Oda admits that he made an error in the colorspread and had intended for the left eye to be scarred all along. Well, we all make mistakes, right.....?

Man.... I'm loving Franky's cyborg gorilla look right now. Anyways, will update the post once the full summary cpmes out.....

UPDATE: Okay, summary's here:

-Chapter title is "The Nine Pirates". It seems that Luffy's bounty has been raised past the 400 million mark. He fights against his impostor, who shoots at him with his gun. Luffy uses Mantra to dodge the bullets, and beats him with armor Haki. It also looks like he has a flashback about Hancock giving him his disguise, and she tells him that she won't say goodbye when he leaves.

-Franky meets up with Robin and shows off his new weapons, along with the Sunny. Meanwhile Chopper, who's still oblivious to the fakes, decides to rescue the faux Robin. We then see Zoro, who mistakenly wandered onto a ship that's about to depart for Merman Island. However, the swordsman slices the whole thing in half before he gets far. It also seems that he may be blind in his left eye, after all.....

-It's revealed that Bartholomew Kuma has been acting strange after losing his humanity, which is noticed by the marines and Sentoumaru. Meanwhile, the fake Luffy gathers his forces at the 46 grove, and the marines have the pacifistas assault that area. It also seems that the entire Straw-Hat crew is on the verge of reuniting.....

Neato, so it looks like Luffy's got a bounty raise after all (though I kinda expected it to be higher). Interesting that his "doppelganger" managed to survive an assault from him, which could imply that he is a bit on the strong side. Zoro cutting a ship in half sounds pretty cool (looks like he's channeling Mihawk, after all), and the bit about Kuma is quite interesting, as well. Perhaps he's having an internal struggle, with his humanity trying to resurface again.....?

Well, I certainly can't wait for the full chapter now!

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-10-05 at 03:47.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:06   Link #2
james0246

Personally, I love how the bits of Franky's legs that are still left are hairy, but the new Cyborg parts are smooth. There's just something very funny about that...

That being said, I don't like his arms. Hopefully they are replaceable (what with the vast majority of his body being cybernetic now), or they extensions, with his real arms underneath. (I'm still upset by the missing hair though...)
Old 2010-10-04, 13:09   Link #3
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Spoiler:

"He's more machine now than man." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

Seriously though, Franky is definetly the one with the most drastic changes to his design, but that'd make sense since he was practiclly destroyed in that explosion. =p

Interesting that Oda made an error, but even if it's a different eye it still doesn't change the fact he might be missing it.

Looking forward to more details.~
Old 2010-10-04, 13:14   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I don't like his arms. Hopefully they are replaceable (what with the vast majority of his body being cybernetic now), or they extensions, with his real arms underneath. (I'm still upset by the missing hair though...)

Personally, I love the arms precisely because they look so silly! But I also agree with the notion that they're probably interchangable.

As for Zoro..... I'm actually kinda disappointed that he hasn't lost his arm. If he had, he would have been another step closer to becoming a shonen Guts.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:18   Link #5
noktown

So does that mean that he lost his eye ?
Old 2010-10-04, 13:19   Link #6
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
So does that mean that he lost his eye ?
No, it means Zoro gained a Sharingan.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:21   Link #7
marvelB

^More like he's experienced the Eclipse.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:21   Link #8
noktown

Quote:
I assume that means he did

Unless you're not sure yourself ;o

I wonder he's wet also ;o
Old 2010-10-04, 13:22   Link #9
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Personally, I love the arms precisely because they look so silly! But I also agree with the notion that they're probably interchangable.
Franky's Popeye arms were already extreme (and comical) enough, he didn't need 7 foot long arms (larger than his actual body). When I look at Franky now, I just have pity for his destroyed body.

Still, I find it comical that he attached nipples to his cybernetic chest. Now that's dedication...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I assume that means he did

Unless you're not sure yourself ;o
You're looking at the glass half empty. I'm lookin gat it half-full. He didn't lose his eye, he gained a new one, a Sharingan one at that .

(And yes, I am joking around with you.)
Old 2010-10-04, 13:32   Link #10
ZeroForever

on franky... if he doesn't have a rocket punch i'll be disappointed.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:36   Link #11
marvelB

^Yeah, a Mazinger Franky would actually be pretty badass.....
Old 2010-10-04, 13:38   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
(I'm still upset by the missing hair though...)
Ah yea I'm gonna miss the hair as well, it was a suuuuppppaa look
Well at least he is still in trunks only

I wonder if he still works on 3 bottles of coke or has had an upgrade in that department as well but I'm guessing he should have.
With the hair we would know Franky is without juice so without it I guess it signifies that he has a better power source?

Just when you thought Zoro couldn't get more bad ass looking he gets a scar on his left eye, true mark of any bad ass swordmans
Reason why I don't think Mihawk is a true bad ass swordmans, cool yea but not bad ass.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:39   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's going to take me a while to get used to Franky's new look. I'm not really liking the fact he looks more like a machine than a man.

Quote:
He gained Mihawk's hawkeye (actually a rinnegan). You heard it here first.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:30   Link #14
Miccheru

OMG WHERES FRANKYS HAIR
he better has a good replacement or I will eat Oda alive
and woehoe zorro has is left arm
Old 2010-10-04, 14:39   Link #15
Darmill

Well Franky looks very inflexible right now and may have some trouble moving in & out of the ship unless he replaces the doors with some real huge gates

As for Zoro, I would say Hawkeye made a cyclops out of him. From now on he's called Cyclops Zoro

So Hawkeye Mihawk vs. Cyclops Zoro, which one sounds more badass?
Old 2010-10-04, 14:39   Link #16
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

From other spoiler pics, looks like fake!Luffy is going to come out of his confrontation with real!Luffy just fine.

Kizaru really must hold a grudge if he's on the scene this fast.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:39   Link #17
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Much thanks to MarvelB for the early spoiler!

My, my, Franky, what big shoulders you have!

I agree with James, interchangeable arms'd be nice.
OH! If his arms turn out to function like a Swiss army knife, I'd be delighted!!

I'm expecting Kizaru to come at them completely serious(hopefully), and the entire crew to fight him off as a display of their increase in strength and a sort of redemption after the whole Kuma incident.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:45   Link #18
Finre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

He gained Mihawk's hawkeye (actually a rinnegan). You heard it here first.

Hmm it seems Zoro lost his eye and took one of Mihawk's Hawkeyes . It seems he wıll use it when he is in great pinch
Old 2010-10-04, 14:48   Link #19
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
God i miss one piece
Old 2010-10-04, 15:07   Link #20
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, a Mazinger Franky would actually be pretty badass.....
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Franky! Garrr

Btw, something I remembered from last chapter that I don't know if anyone picked it up as well. Zorro was the first one to the island. Does that mean he overcame his fantasic ability to become lost down a one way street?
Closed Thread