Notices

Old 2008-11-30, 15:03   Link #321
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't mind Naruto dying in order to save Konoha (from a somehow released Kyuubi; froma future Akatsuki member; from a PMSing Sakura), but Naruto dying to save Sasuke...I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
Neither does his current obsession with bringing Sasuke back. I would say that this is quite plausible.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 15:11   Link #322
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Neither does his current obsession with bringing Sasuke back. I would say that this is quite plausible.
His obssession with bringing Sasuke back ties into Naruto's dream of becoming Hokage. Specifically, Naruto views the the title of Hokage as being the strongest shinobi that protects and helps all those he or she cares about. So, when Sasuke defected, it could be said that Naruto viewed the matter as being a case of Naruto failing to help Sasuke (if Naruto cannot save/help his own "brother", why would he ever think that he can help a village?). So, by 'saving' Sasuke, Naruto will have proved his idealogy concerning what it means to be a Hokage, and consequently be one step closer to achieving his dream.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 07:01   Link #323
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
His obssession with bringing Sasuke back ties into Naruto's dream of becoming Hokage. Specifically, Naruto views the the title of Hokage as being the strongest shinobi that protects and helps all those he or she cares about. So, when Sasuke defected, it could be said that Naruto viewed the matter as being a case of Naruto failing to help Sasuke (if Naruto cannot save/help his own "brother", why would he ever think that he can help a village?). So, by 'saving' Sasuke, Naruto will have proved his idealogy concerning what it means to be a Hokage, and consequently be one step closer to achieving his dream.
Of course, everything I write here is based on wild speculations, so don't mark my words.

That's a nice interpretation and it obviously means the next step for both Sasuke and Naruto. I agree with you that bringing back Sasuke for Naruto is something he must do for a variety of reasons.
He made his lifetime promise, he wants to prove that he's worthy to become Hokage, he wants to keep up the bond between Sasuke and him, he wants to impress his generation, he wants to follow his way of the ninja and thus never give up, it's some kind of final examination for him and so on.
Old 2008-12-01, 11:51   Link #324
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Wouldn't this scenario fall under the constant complaint that Sasuke "receives" power-ups, etc. Specifically, wouldn't this just be another case of Sasuke getting a "Get out of Jail Free Card" when there is no reason for him to necessarily have such a card. There is an old saying, "You made your own bed, now lay in it" (or soemthing to that effect). Why should Naruto have to die just so Sasuke can feel better about himself?

I don't mind Naruto dying in order to save Konoha (from a somehow released Kyuubi; froma future Akatsuki member; from a PMSing Sakura), but Naruto dying to save Sasuke...I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
I'm sorry was that ramble your attempt to allude to comments you think I made in another thread? If so, you've confused my words with someone else's entirely. Hence why I'm choosing to ignore them.

I suppose the fact that Sasuke is the first friend Naruto ever had (in his words the first "connection" he ever made) means nothing at this point?

While bringing Sasuke back into the fold will certainly prove to Naruto he has what it takes to be Hokage, that is not his sole reason for wanting to bring Sasuke back to Konoha, nor is it the primary one.

Sasuke's "friendship" and the connection they have has always, and will continue to be, the driving force of Naruto's desire to bring him home. The reason he's getting stronger isn't so he can kill Sasuke. He doesn't want to defeat him that way. He only wants to be strong enough, equal enough in power to Sasuke, so that he gives him the time of day to listen.

The last time Naruto tried to stop Sasuke at the Valley of the End he was too weak and that was why Sasuke didn't listen (hence the constant flashbacks to the "you won't put a single scratch on my forehead protector" scene). Thus in Naruto's limited logic, he thinks that if he gets strong enough to overpower Sasuke he can force him to listen to reason.

Naruto will die to achieve this end. It will be his ultimate victory because it is the one thing that will force Sasuke to see past all his bitterness and hatred and spare Konoha. So yes, in the end Naruto will be dying to save Konoha. He will also be dying to save his friend and with that death he will achieve what he thinks is the ultimate role of Hokage.
Old 2008-12-01, 14:20   Link #325
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Naruto will die to achieve this end. It will be his ultimate victory because it is the one thing that will force Sasuke to see past all his bitterness and hatred and spare Konoha. So yes, in the end Naruto will be dying to save Konoha. He will also be dying to save his friend and with that death he will achieve what he thinks is the ultimate role of Hokage.
That's a little bleak. Yondaime died, Sandaime died...

Spoiler:

Besides, I'm thinking if Gaara wasn't permanently killed off, Naruto isn't going to die either. Maybe if this was a seinen

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 14:56   Link #326
Langus
Optimus Prime

Gaara only survived because of the sacrifice of one of the elders of Sand country. I somehow don't see the elders of Konoha making the same sacrifice to save Naruto. Who knows, I could be wrong though.

Bleak though it is, that ending seems the most realistic to me. It's bittersweet - Naruto gains everything he ever wanted and then spends the rest of eternity looking out for Konoha.

I'd be happy with it.
Old 2008-12-01, 18:31   Link #327
james0246

Quote:
I'm sorry was that ramble your attempt to allude to comments you think I made in another thread? If so, you've confused my words with someone elses entirely. Hence why I'm choosing to ignore them.
I did not confuse anything. I mentioned that a Sasuke-hater would dislike this ending, I never said anything to indicate that you were a Sasuke-hater. So, unless you have started to identify yourself as a Sasuke-hater, I am not sure why you are even addressing this point.

To clarify my initial point, though, both a Sasuke-hater and a Sasuke-lover would dislike your ending. Specifically, a Sasuke-hater would see the ending as yet another occurrence of Sasuke receiving an award even if he had done nothing to earn it, and a Sasuke-lover would dislike the ending because it would be yet another occurrence where Sasuke's decisions were made for him (this time, by Naruto of all people), rather than Sasuke deciding his own course of action (to give a brief example: Sasuke-lovers like the end of the VotE fight because Sasuke decided his own fate, but hate Madara's manipulation of Sasuke after the Itachi fight). So, no matter what, Sasuke (as an independent character) is screwed with your ending .

That being said, you must really love the ending of the X anime series to be pushing for the same ending to occur in Naruto .

Spoiler for Many Manga Spoilers...:

Last edited by james0246; 2008-12-01 at 19:54.
Old 2008-12-01, 20:00   Link #328
Langus
Optimus Prime

You make it seem as though I'm saying Naruto is on a suicide mission. He isn't.

He's also not going into this with the intention of dying for Sasuke or necessarily at Sasuke's hand. I didn't even say that Sasuke would be responsible for the killing blow.

What I DID say was that before the series is over, Naruto will die, his death will be what brings Sasuke back into the fold of Konoha (effectively saving Konoha) and that he will live on in the memories of those he left behind - achieving his greatest dream.

For me at least, from the tone of how Naruto has been written, its been fairly obvious since the beginning that Naruto's ultimate destiny is to die before the end of the series but it won't be death in vain. Through that death he will achieve all the things he wanted to in life and thus, he will die happy/satisfied and those who risked their lives to save his won't have been in vain either.

Isn't the ultimate fate of most Konoha shinobi to die out of their duty to protect Konoha? Why should Naruto be any different? Or any of the others for that matter? There is a reason why lasting relationships between shinobi are few and far between in Narutoverse and that's because all of the shinobi are soldiers - at any moment they are expected to put their life on the line for the sake of Konoha and they do (Asuma being a prime example of this philosophy being played out).

Ugh and again with the Sasuke. I can't say I agree with you. Sasuke won't gain much by Naruto's death, in fact, I would wager he'd be deeply affected by it. So I'm not sure where this idea of a "power up" is coming from. What power up?

Also, Sasuke haters would likely be somewhat satisfied knowing that Sasuke paid the ultimate price for his arrogance - the life of his best friend. In either case, it's a lose lose situation for Sasuke. He gains nothing, except maybe being allowed back into Konoha, and loses everything left that's important to him.

And for the record, I've never seen X so I haven't a clue what you're talking about.
Old 2008-12-01, 20:57   Link #329
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
For me at least, from the tone of how Naruto has been written, its been fairly obvious since the beginning that Naruto's ultimate destiny is to die before the end of the series but it won't be death in vain. Through that death he will achieve all the things he wanted to in life and thus, he will die happy/satisfied and those who risked their lives to save his won't have been in vain either.

Isn't the ultimate fate of most Konoha shinobi to die out of their duty to protect Konoha? Why should Naruto be any different? Or any of the others for that matter? There is a reason why lasting relationships between shinobi are few and far between in Narutoverse and that's because all of the shinobi are soldiers - at any moment they are expected to put their life on the line for the sake of Konoha and they do (Asuma being a prime example of this philosophy being played out).
Well yeah, sacrifice for the village has been one theme but there's also the further underlying theme of the "new generation" of shinobi that will soon inherit the world. That's why neither Neji and Chouji were killed despite the seriousness of their injuries in the Sasuke Rescue Arc. And that's why Gaara was brought back to life. Were any of these characters to die, it would be like their era was over before it even started. With Naruto being at the forefront of the new generation, I think the chances of him dying are pretty slim. Despite all the deaths, I still think the tone of the manga is still too optimistic to have the main character killed in his prime.

Quote:
Also, Sasuke haters would likely be somewhat satisfied knowing that Sasuke paid the ultimate price for his arrogance - the life of his best friend. In either case, it's a lose lose situation for Sasuke. He gains nothing, except maybe being allowed back into Konoha, and loses everything left that's important to him.
You underestimate the power of anti-fandom. Sasuke-haters would scream out bloody murder that Sasuke was allowed to live while the main character was killed.

Quote:
That being said, you must really love the ending of the X anime series to be pushing for the same ending to occur in Naruto
Yeah, I'm confused too. You aren't talking about Samurai X i.e. Rurouni Kenshin are you? I mean the hero dies at the end of that anime (in epilogue OVA), though not in battle.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 21:41   Link #330
james0246

Quote:
You make it seem as though I'm saying Naruto is on a suicide mission. He isn't.
Um, I am not the one predicting Naruto's death at every turn. If you are constantly predicting his death, pardon me for thinking you are, more or less, assigning Naruto a suicide mission.

Quote:
He's also not going into this with the intention of dying for Sasuke or necessarily at Sasuke's hand. I didn't even say that Sasuke would be responsible for the killing blow.
So...Naruto can die at an old age on his bed and that will be enough to 'convince' Sasuke?

Okay, even I will admit that statement is too silly/sarcastic .

So, Naruto is going to die in front of Sasuke, but Sasuke will have nothing to do with the death, and this will convince Sasuke that Naruto is correct. I can see no really story paths that could lead to such a situation that would then result in Naruto attaining his ideal of being/acting like a Hokage.

Specifically, if Sasuke is not the one killing Naruto, then it must be Madara or Danzou (since these are the only characters that would actually potentially kill Naruto) that kill Naruto (they probably tried to kill Sasuke, but Naruto intervened, taking the fatal blow). So, if it is Madara/Danzou killing Naruto which causes Sasuke to freak out and kill Madara/Danzou, then Naruto would not be seen as a hero, instead Sasuke would be seen as a hero, since he would be the one that actually killed the big bad. Added to that, since Naruto would not actively be convincing Sasuke that he is wrong (a Shounen battle is the same as a philosophical discussion concerning ideology), even if Naruto's death may be the thing that causes Sasuke to change, it is not something Naruto intended to do (i.e. Naruto didn't necessarily get to give his 'heart-to-heart' talk to Sasuke). Rather Naruto dying is such a circumstance would mean that Naruto failed as a Hokage (he did not defeat the big bad, nor did he actively convince Sasuke of anything, rather Sasuke was convinced becuase of Naruto's death, not Naruto). Sasuke and Naruto fighting against each other is the only way to "wake" Sasuke up, and currently I do not think there are any realistic storylines that would result in Naruto dying.

Quote:
What I DID say was that before the series is over, Naruto will die, his death will be what brings Sasuke back into the fold of Konoha (effectively saving Konoha) and that he will live on in the memories of those he left behind - achieving his greatest dream.
I also believe that Naruto will die before the series ends, That Naruto will sacrifice his life for Konoha, but I see no reason to think that it will Sasuke that kills him, or that he dies in order to save Sasuke. No sacrificial Konoha-nin death in the entire series has ever been to change someone's opinions, rather they have all been for the betterment of the future generation (Sarutobi-the village; Asuma-his team/the village; Chouza and the other Pain victims-Naruto and the village), not the betterment of just a singular individual.

That being said, Naruto identified his greatest dream as becoming Hokage. Not acting like Hokage, not living life like a Hokage, but actually being a Hokage. So, I strongly doubt that Naruto would ever succumb to death before he had worn the old hat at least once .

Quote:
For me at least, from the tone of how Naruto has been written, it’s been fairly obvious since the beginning that Naruto's ultimate destiny is to die before the end of the series but it won't be death in vain. Through that death he will achieve all the things he wanted to in life and thus, he will die happy/satisfied and those who risked their lives to save his won't have been in vain either.
So, the only way that Naruto can be happy is if he died. This isn't Bleach, you don't get to enjoy your after-life. But, seriously, I am fine with Naruto dying, in fact I agree with you that Naruto will probably die, but I see no reason for Sasuke to be involved in any way shape or form with Naruto's death.

Quote:
And for the record, I've never seen X so I haven't a clue what you're talking about.
I would recommend seeing the anime (here is a link). It is fairly good, with some great character development, great fights, and lots of character death . I am a great fan of the ending which is similar to the ending you are subscribing to for Naruto.
Old 2008-12-01, 23:07   Link #331
Langus
Optimus Prime

... I didn't say he would be. I said it would impact him. Not going to repeat myself again.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out for sure when I get the time.
Old 2008-12-01, 23:43   Link #332
james0246

Quote:
... I didn't say he would be. I said it would impact him. Not going to repeat myself again.
Sasuke simply seeing Naruto again would impact him. Death need not be involved for anyone.

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out for sure when I get the time.
It is a better anime than the shitty description provided in the link indicates. To add to the pedigree of the title, X is the flagship title for Clamp, the creators of such series as Cardcaptor Sakura and Code Geass (I'm sure the majority of animesuki posters have heard of at least Code Geass ).
Old 2008-12-02, 00:24   Link #333
Langus
Optimus Prime

Heard of it, watched a couple eps and thought it sucked hard (Code Geass that is). I'll give this other one a shot though.
Old 2008-12-02, 00:38   Link #334
james0246

Quote:
Heard of it, watched a couple eps and thought it sucked hard (Code Geass that is). I'll give this other one a shot though.
I was never a big fan of Code Geass, either. X, if nothing else, is far more interesting of a series. Hopefully you will like it, but seeing the difference of opinion we have just within the realm of Naruto-fandom, who knows .
Old 2008-12-29, 15:31   Link #335
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
I wanna see a damn atom bomb [ or the jutsu equivilant of such ] blow up in the middle of Konoha, Eradicating the entire city and all of the Fire Country shinobi in one fell swoop.
*laughs*

i dont think that would be the end though

well... kishimoto seems to be a fan of character recycling in some aspects so....
i can see naruto finally being presented the title of Hokage and rejecting, thus achieving a title that becomes far greater a legacy.
then death! mwahahaha
Girl_who_cried_gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 18:24   Link #336
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Here is my outline for the general ending, hope you guys like it

naruto's kyuubi got extracted, akatsuki win, sasuke betrays akatsuki soon after the ultimate weapon is done, and use his chakra to perform some jutsu similar to the revival techique for gaara, died because of that. Naruto escape, swear revenge and goes to hiding for some time. madara's spirit transfered to sasuke's body and combine the eyes from itachi and his old EMS, and become ultra hax sharingan, rule over the entire world in the shadow along with the other surviving members of Akatsuki. Some time passed, the rookie nine + friends - sasuke form a resistant group and challenge the enforcing group where Akatsuki controls from the shadow, and win with a few key members die in the process. Naruto + friends form a new world order and restore the 5 great shinobi countries. While Akatsuki is still lurking in the shadow, while naruto + co continue to track down the movement of akatsuki. With little sucess, Akatsuki continue to cause destructions and despairs to the new world. Eventually, with great cause of many fallen allies, Naruto + friends found out the heart of Akatsuki, and form a special units consist of Naruto + friends to exterminate the Akatsuki once and for all. After series of bosses battles (individual Ak members ), most of naruto's friends are dead leaving only naruto and a few of his friends, Madara decents from the shadow and have a final confrontation, naruto and friends fights hard and somehow wins the battle with the rest dead. Akatsuki's based self destruct soon after and wipe out a huge area around it. People back home construct the stature in the memories of the heroes who save the world.

Somehow, kisame is alive and became rouge, and telling this story to some passing kids from his journey of the new shinobi world.

The End
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 18:45   Link #337
Mandrake

It ends with Konoha in complete ruins, and needing to be rebuilt from scratch
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 18:52   Link #338
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think Sasuke will ever return too Konoha, but I do think it that he will eventually make peace with Naruto and Konoha, but return never.

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2008-12-30 at 00:21.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:10   Link #339
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont think Sasuke will ever return too Konoha, but I do think it that he will eventually make peach with Naruto and Konoha, but return never.
Delicious, delicious peach...
In all seriousness, I could see that.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 21:51   Link #340
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Mmmh peach ^^ Isn't that Naruto's colour anyways? At least when Naruto gets a child with Sakura, it will definitely be peach ^^
So I wonder if Sasuke wants to make "peach" with Naruto... will it still be peach? xD

I think Naruto will become Hokage, Sasuke will never be happy, Sakura or Hinata will become Naruto's wife.. geez, I guess Hinata because she is more female and she always blushes... on the other hand, a guy like Shikamaru would take Sakura. I still wonder if Sakura is Naruto's sister. It would be possible. She looks almost the same and maybe she has been adopted, but Naruto was rejected because he was the Demon Kid and so on...