Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-31, 23:28   Link #2161
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
Hmm... hard to imagine what that is like, is it as strong as the chimera ant king meruem from hunter x hunter
?
Izayoi could destroy the hunter x hunter verse with one hand. They operate on completely different scales. Meruem was killed by a nuke, while Izayoi can destroy a star (and fight people who can do just as much or more)
Old 2014-09-01, 00:10   Link #2162
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Izayoi could destroy the hunter x hunter verse with one hand. They operate on completely different scales. Meruem was killed by a nuke, while Izayoi can destroy a star (and fight people who can do just as much or more)
Okay I think we should first address this issue of izayoi destroying stars... I don't think they meant that literally, I mean sure he has his aurora pillar but I wouldn't say that's enough to destroy a star. Even his ability to destroy gifts is still quite sketchy cause he hasn't really destroyed any, more like just negating its effects kinda like IB cause if it were as they say that he can destroy gift then the users shouldn't be able to use them again kinda like what happened with kurousagi (although her case was different).

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 00:45   Link #2163
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Okay I think we should first address this issue of izayoi destroying stars... I don't think they meant that literally, I mean sure he has his aurora pillar but I wouldn't say that's enough to destroy a star. Even his ability to destroy gifts is still quite sketchy cause he hasn't really destroyed any, more like just negating its effects kinda like IB cause if it were as they say that he can destroy gift then the users shouldn't be able to use them again kinda like what happened with kurousagi (although her case was different).
Pretty sure it was meant literally. The Demon Lords (the "strongest species" versions anyway) all have had world affecting abilities. Algol could petrify the world, Pest could poison everything, etc.

Plus, t was brought up more than once that the strongest Demon Lords could destroy Little Garden, which is the size of a star. Izayoi equals them in power, so him being able to do it isn't that big of a leap.

Finally, the narration keeps bringing that part up over and over. Until we get actual author input saying "nope, that was a metaphor" or something equivalent in the LN, it counts as valid.
Old 2014-09-01, 01:05   Link #2164
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Yeaaaahhh, about his power... Well, while the claim of him busting a star is probably debatable, there is a feat of him destroying a dimension. I'm referring to his fight with Baron La Croix where he used Aurora Pillar to bust out of the death's god power.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 02:24   Link #2165
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Yeaaaahhh, about his power... Well, while the claim of him busting a star is probably debatable, there is a feat of him destroying a dimension. I'm referring to his fight with Baron La Croix where he used Aurora Pillar to bust out of the death's god power.
Well I personally think busting something that's incorporeal is at a higher rank than busting something physically there.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 03:56   Link #2166
Ivan A.

Izayoi´s [Aurora Pillar] belongs to the type of [Another Cosmology]. If I recall correctly(I can´t remember right now) it revolves around creating a small universe or something alike. IF this is correct(I might be horribly wrong, help me on this people) I don´t see how it wouldn´t have the power to destroy the stars.
Old 2014-09-01, 04:36   Link #2167
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan A. View Post
Izayoi´s [Aurora Pillar] belongs to the type of [Another Cosmology]. If I recall correctly(I can´t remember right now) it revolves around creating a small universe or something alike. IF this is correct(I might be horribly wrong, help me on this people) I don´t see how it wouldn´t have the power to destroy the stars.
In the Type Moon fandom, there was this misunderstanding going on for years that since Gilgamesh's Ea was an Anti-World Noble Phantasm it could destroy a planet, when the 'World' Nasu meant was actually the set of rules on the planet.

It could be that Izayoi being able to destroy stars is that kind of thing.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:41   Link #2168
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Exactly, i believe that is the same issue we have here.

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Old 2014-09-01, 07:35   Link #2169
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In the Type Moon fandom, there was this misunderstanding going on for years that since Gilgamesh's Ea was an Anti-World Noble Phantasm it could destroy a planet, when the 'World' Nasu meant was actually the set of rules on the planet.

Proof please. Also, in Fate/Zero, Gilgamesh's Ea destroyed Iskander's Noble Phantasm Ionoi Hetaroi - a bloody Reality Marble - suggesting that perhaps it's greater than planet busting.
Old 2014-09-01, 07:36   Link #2170
zerozeronine

I think Izayoi can actually destroy a star,he hasn't reached his 100% (not even sure if he has reached 50% of his full power) full potential yet and look what he can already do.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 09:34   Link #2171
dragon1412

he can destroy the star, the original word indicate "star" not "world" that's more on physical side of things in japanese, and Baron la Croix also hinted that if Izayoi used his full power Earth would go poof... which is why other dimension is involved in his game.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 09:41   Link #2172
XFire
150% done

Quote:

It can destroy the planet, by physically breaking apart Gaia's Reality Marble. Which is a dimensional field the size of the planet. Ergo, it can bust a planet.
Old 2014-09-01, 11:22   Link #2173
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
It can destroy the planet, by physically breaking apart Gaia's Reality Marble. Which is a dimensional field the size of the planet. Ergo, it can bust a planet.
I don't think that term applies in this case.

Old 2014-09-01, 13:32   Link #2174
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I don't think that term applies in this case.
Which one and why?

Gaia's Reality Marble is the planet, so destroying it is the same as destroying the worlds.
Old 2014-09-01, 17:53   Link #2175
dedecou

Quote:
Which one and why?

Gaia's Reality Marble is the planet, so destroying it is the same as destroying the worlds.
I think, it would be better if you don't bring Nasu...

About Izayoi destroying stars, wasn't it addressed in his fight against Azi Dahaka?

Quote:
Unable to determine the quality of the three-headed dragon, even Izayoi's fist which could destroy the stars did not stir the dragon up. The punches that were in the third cosmic speed kept hitting the belly of the three-headed dragon.
Though in the narration it always says how Izayoi strength "shatter mountains and cleave through rivers".
dedecou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:12   Link #2176
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's... not exactly how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedecou View Post
About Izayoi destroying stars, wasn't it addressed in his fight against Azi Dahaka?

Though in the narration it always says how Izayoi strength "shatter mountains and cleave through rivers".
The thing is, you see a lot of metaphors like this Japanese works, so you can't be sure it's an actual feat until the character actually does it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 21:27   Link #2177
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
The thing is, you see a lot of metaphors like this Japanese works, so you can't be sure it's an actual feat until the character actually does it.
Him cleaving a river sort of happens in the battles with Shirayukihime and with Kouryuu.
Old 2014-09-01, 21:57   Link #2178
iK@r0s

and in vol.1 the palace persues has a barrier equivalent to how hard a mountain or something and he destroy it...
Old 2014-09-01, 22:07   Link #2179
Valky
Radioactive

Spoiler for Volume 3:

He can, actually shatter the stars if he use his full power.
Old 2014-09-01, 22:36   Link #2180
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Planet-busting is classified as Anti-Planet, while something Anti-World may be similar, what it applies to is what was stated above, it can counteract rules of the universe, such as breaking through a dimension. The actual output of Ea is in fact somewhere around Excalibur's output, which was Anti-Fortress, but it's properties of destroying these unseen boundaries, which was what Gilgamesh claimed to be "the truth of the world", is what classified it as Anti-World.

Ergo, Ea cannot destroy planets. If you want to see an example of an Anti-planet Noble Phantasm, go look up Angra Mainyu/CCC: All the World's Desires.

Okay, time to get back to the topic at hand.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko