AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 67 60.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 22.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-29, 21:44   Link #121
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2000k View Post
The foot rubbing the back incident is very indicative of the type of relationship that is going on. Especially concerning Ryuuji. I mean, how many peopel would you let put their feet on your back? The fact that while Taiga is doing so, illicenting no real response from Ryuuji, clearly shows the comfort level that has developed between the two. Though it is a bit dissapointing that he will probably pass up on Ami.
It seems so, I cannot even imagine what could happen if Ryuuji has fallen for Ami. Ami seems to be playing her cards well between Taiga and Ryuuji, but it also shows a disappointment on her, perhaps she is "falling" for Ryuuji. That would be reverse, because she wanted to take him away from Taiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You make it sound like he was looking for the aspects that was absent within his physical self, which is kinda interesting to think about. I wonder if the image he has of Minorin is one which he desires himself.
I never thought of that, Minorin is more outgoing then he is, and he is more the lay back "house-wife"......... OH MY GOD!!! I just thought of something.... Mirorin is always working, and doing school activities, she is more "masculine" then the average girl, taking more a "man" role. Ryuuji is more the "feminine", taking care others, cooking-cleaning(its not a big deal, but come on... its more then an obsession), making sure everything is right with everyone else, taking more a "women" role. Just maybe, Ryuuji x Mirorin is the yin-yang, the complete. Now that sound interesting....
Old 2008-11-30, 01:13   Link #122
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

You know, I've actually been a lurking follower of Toradora all this while (it's kinda hard to follow three threads on ASuki, as it is). I've kept this up for so long because Toradora has actually been a lot more entertaining than the average Fall anime....but it's this episode that brought me out of 'lurk' mode. So much development, and so much LULZ. ^_^

10/10. The stupid Chihuahua is like...boing, boing, and down there.....BOING!
Old 2008-11-30, 01:19   Link #123
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It is not even boing, it is more like "BUSHY!"
Old 2008-11-30, 01:27   Link #124
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerOsk View Post
I think a lot of people are getting too hung up on the end pairing. It's the execution that matters, the journey to it, not just the end. If we get a gradual, developed, and satisfying end with the two main characters, is that somehow worse then an ending out of left field to satisfy some fandom pairing, even though it's less "predictable"? This isn't some gag manga or soap opera.

Anyways, Ami is quickly becoming my favourite character. Someone did a great writeup here, too.
It shouldn't be out of left field, but it does add to my interest in a series if it isn't immediately obvious how the story is going to end.
Old 2008-11-30, 02:08   Link #125
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
It is not even boing, it is more like "BUSHY!"
lol I was expecting her to say something along them lines when her hands moved down but she still blurts out "boing"

its the little things like these that makes this show uber win
Old 2008-11-30, 03:20   Link #126
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
You make it sound like he was looking for the aspects that was absent within his physical self, which is kinda interesting to think about. I wonder if the image he has of Minorin is one which he desires himself.
I think it's more the aspects he sees as missing from himself, period - we're not even discussing physical aspects, although he DOES appreciate her looks. However, she's very outgoing, cheerful, and people like her... attributes which we do not associate with Ryuuji. He's not very outgoing and when he tries to talk to people, scares them shitless. But the way she's always seeming to be happy, energetic, and carefree are elements that draw him to her - perhaps because they're missing from his own obsessive-compulsive self, and he's somewhat more introverted. These are likely elements which are why Taiga associates with Minorin as well - she's not usually very cheerful or outgoing, but is instead withdrawn and very private... which Ryuuji isn't, not exactly. But her physical charms aren't her primary draw - not to Ryuuji.

Basically, Minorin enjoys life to the fullest and has a 'joie de vivre' which is infectious - Taiga and Ryuuji can't, being more self-conscious and having reputations for being dangerous, delinquent types that keep them from being able to interact with anyone in a positive manner. Except with each other. This is an experience rather unique for Taiga, to put it mildly, as she doesn't have to don any sort of mask with Ryuuji to be accepted, and he DOES accept her as she is - and more to the point, understands how she feels unlike the somewhat more dense Kitamura and (superficially) spaced out Minorin.

That's one reason Ami may not be making THAT much of an impression on him - sure, she's got a knockout body which makes even Minorin look somewhat plain and gives Taiga some serious self-image issues, but outside of initial hormone-driven responses Ryuuji doesn't react all that much to Ami's physical sexuality. Her personality, from what he's seen, is a tad interesting but at the same time isn't very attractive to him beyond a 'well, she could be fun to be around' sorta way. We can probably blame Yasuko for his indifference to a woman's looks, given that he's grown up around (and gotten used to) scantily-clad bombshells. Plus, he knows better than anyone that physical appearances can be deceiving - and resents his father somewhat for the one he inherited.
Old 2008-11-30, 09:59   Link #127
mavarek

wow this episode was great. hooray for minorin development!

as some have mentioned already, i don't think her comparison of ghosts to love was an attempt to let ryuuji down easy. from her speech, i feel like she does not really believe in love, or does not believe she can fall in love. thus her saying she's never felt that way about another person before.

and then again after ryuuji's counter argument, minorin pointed out a 'ufo' in the sky. i thought that meant that she wanted to start trying to believe in aliens/supernatural/etc. like ryuuji suggested.

last thing... i don't really understand the conversation between kitamura and ami. didn't kitamura have a student council meeting during their vacation? if he is chasing the student council president, shouldn't he be back home? so that means he actually likes someone in our group. taiga? minorin? ... ryuuji omgg?!?
Old 2008-11-30, 10:35   Link #128
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavarek View Post
wow this episode was great. hooray for minorin development!

as some have mentioned already, i don't think her comparison of ghosts to love was an attempt to let ryuuji down easy. from her speech, i feel like she does not really believe in love, or does not believe she can fall in love. thus her saying she's never felt that way about another person before.

and then again after ryuuji's counter argument, minorin pointed out a 'ufo' in the sky. i thought that meant that she wanted to start trying to believe in aliens/supernatural/etc. like ryuuji suggested.

last thing... i don't really understand the conversation between kitamura and ami. didn't kitamura have a student council meeting during their vacation? if he is chasing the student council president, shouldn't he be back home? so that means he actually likes someone in our group. taiga? minorin? ... ryuuji omgg?!?
In the novel there are hints that that he has the hots for the student President, it could also be that he really wants to make sure Taiga and Ryuuji go smoothly, and maybe keep an eye on Ami, so she does not "interfere" further. Another possibility, maybe he since he knows Ami better then anyone else, he could be there to keep the distance away from Ryuuji, maybe she is actually falling for him.
Old 2008-11-30, 15:12   Link #129
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
You know, I've actually been a lurking follower of Toradora all this while (it's kinda hard to follow three threads on ASuki, as it is). I've kept this up for so long because Toradora has actually been a lot more entertaining than the average Fall anime....but it's this episode that brought me out of 'lurk' mode. So much development, and so much LULZ. ^_^
Ditto, with the difference I'll continue in lurk mode. 10/10 for the group dynamics. Exploring character relationships in a diverse group of people is the aspect that I like the most about my fav anime series.
Old 2008-11-30, 15:40   Link #130
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
It shouldn't be out of left field, but it does add to my interest in a series if it isn't immediately obvious how the story is going to end.
Yes, but its fun watching everyone developing their relationship as they go along. I still like Mirorin reaction when the towel slip from Kitamura, that was priceless.
Old 2008-11-30, 16:07   Link #131
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavarek View Post
Maybe he's not the type to pass up a free trip to a swanky villa? I think he does have the hots for El Presidente, but he doesn't come across as the active pursuer type, at least not any more. He obviously was in the past, but maybe the fact that he got shot down by Taiga so bluntly altered the way he tries to get the ladies. So he's decided to take some down time from Operation Get the Pres with some fun in the sun. Besides, he's close friends with Ryujii, Minori AND Ami, so why not spend time with them?
Old 2008-11-30, 16:33   Link #132
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
Yes, but its fun watching everyone developing their relationship as they go along.
I'm not disagreeing on that point. It just makes it more fun when there's a bit of uncertainty on who ends up with who.

Quote:
I still like Mirorin reaction when the towel slip from Kitamura, that was priceless.
I agree. Minori's reaction was hilarious. I completely forgot she reacted that way in the novels. She catches me by surprise in the anime every time. She's much more memorable in the anime than the novels for some reason.
Old 2008-11-30, 17:46   Link #133
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I'm not disagreeing on that point. It just makes it more fun when there's a bit of uncertainty on who ends up with who.

I agree. Minori's reaction was hilarious. I completely forgot she reacted that way in the novels. She catches me by surprise in the anime every time. She's much more memorable in the anime than the novels for some reason.
True true... I was searching online what fans and other have to say, so far episode 8 and 9 is best out of Toradora!, and hopefully there will be a season 2. It's seems Mirorin is the favorite, and the most likable character. I love Mirorin, well I like Ryuuji to... its a girl thing I guess, but Mirorin is what most fans do talk about, specially how she shines in this episode.

I still love that reaction... cant get over it ^^

Poor Mirorin.... priceless ^^

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-11-30 at 19:05. Reason: Add pictures
Old 2008-11-30, 20:03   Link #134
SkoolRumble4Ya

This has to got to be the funniest episode I've seen in Toradora.
Old 2008-11-30, 21:45   Link #135
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Excellent episode. I actually laughed during the majority of the episode.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:34   Link #136
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
Minorin looks quite stack in that last pic >.>
Old 2008-12-01, 00:44   Link #137
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Minorin looks quite stack in that last pic >.>
Its seems bigger then Ami, buhahahahaha!!!!
Old 2008-12-01, 07:25   Link #138
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As it is, Toradora is one of the best anime of the year. I'm not kidding, too. (Crossposting from another thread, but please check out my analysis of the past two episodes here. Thanks!)
Old 2008-12-01, 09:48   Link #139
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
As it is, Toradora is one of the best anime of the year. I'm not kidding, too. (Crossposting from another thread, but please check out my analysis of the past two episodes here. Thanks!)
I read your analysis, it's very good and I love how you broke it down. Toradora! for me so far has become the best Anime. The reason is, ever since the last of Haruhi Suzumiya episodes, the ones that actually came out were mediocre anime. Nothing really special, it was boring ever since then, until Toradora!. I was hooked by the third episode, and ever since then, I never looked back. I couldn't believed that an anime, that is Character-Driven such as Toradora! was able to pull off the essence from the lightnovels. It was the best, ever since then, I've became a fan. Also do to baka tsuki site, even though I've read up to Volume 3 and some on Volume 4 of the translated novels, they are so well translated, it has given a more appreciation to Toradora! in general. Well, so far episode 8 and 9 are my favorite.
Old 2008-12-01, 10:33   Link #140
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Ami needs a hug. Hope to see another EP centered around her. I liked her. She can be a bitch yeah but at least she's the most normal out the 3. Taiga is just............ughhh and Minorin is sometimes weird.

/No I don't dislike Taiga, I just happen to like Ami more. ^^
Closed Thread