AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 12:46   Link #81
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sounds okay, I guess. Dropping it the minute they throw in something unnecessary like a culture festival.
When was the last time KyoAni did a show that didn't have a cultural festival?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:38   Link #82
rulfo

Whoah... What is that synopsis?

Old 2012-11-30, 14:03   Link #83
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Story from Animax:

At a certain shopping district in a town, you'll find a rice cake shop owner's daughter, Tamako, a loveable first year student in high school pressing rice cakes. Tamako spends her time enjoying the badminton club with her friends Midori and Kanna at school and developing new rice cakes as well as helping the shop at home.

On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochikura. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochikura and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochikura has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.

Tamako loves the other shopkeepers like they were her own family. She surrounds herself with a lot of people. Everyday is busy for the district, but the busiest time of the year is the end of the year. Oddly though, Tamako's birthday is New Years's Eve. Every year, the entire shopping district holds an event to congratulate her. The timing is awful for Mochikura, who wanted to give her a present up until now.

Mochikura is suddenly in high spirits. "This year I'll definitely do it!"
-At the same time that dazzling bird (cockatoo) suddenly appears in the shopping district. The shopping district is getting busier and busier for Tamako and pals. A different year than normal is about to begin.

Source (Thanks Ikari Gendo for pointing this out to me)

Edit: summary has been pulled from Animax's site. Yaraon and otaku.com have confirmation it was up.
Hmm... I don't know what to say. So far, the premise doesn't interested me at the moment, which is unusual when it comes to Kyoani. Although, I do realize that Kyoani enjoys adding some of their own feminine touches in most of their works which is actually a seinen, but this one really sounds like something coming from a typical shoujo manga which doesn’t really helps. I’ve nothing against shoujo materials, but not a huge fan of them. I really do hope there will be something that can change my impression eventually. Like many of Kyoani's previous works, I'm rooting for some interesting characters with great dynamics.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-11-30 at 14:18.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 14:36   Link #84
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
When was the last time KyoAni did a show that didn't have a cultural festival?
Nichijou, if I recall correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
A culture festival with an increased focus on visitors instead of students sounds like it could be fun.
Why does something like that need to be in a show about a market in the first place? Why would we need to focus on a school environment to begin with? It's a pointless crutch.
That's why I'd be annoyed here. It'd just be filler of the kind we've all seen a hundred times before, and all the worse in an original series.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-11-30 at 15:22.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 15:08   Link #85
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why does something like that need to be in a show about a market in the fist place? Why would we need to focus on a school environment to begin with? It's a pointless crutch.
That's why I'd be annoyed here. It'd just be filler of the kind we've all seen a hundred times before, and all the worse in an original series.
It doesn't need to. I'm just saying that, since the show doesn't seem to be focused on student life (although we don't really know enough to say for sure), a cultural festival would be interesting because it would involve more visitors than the usual culture festivals, which are usually centered on the students.

I'm not saying the show should have a culture festival or that you're wrong for thinking it's unneeded. I would like Tamako Market to stay mostly in a town-centric setting as well. I could still enjoy a culture festival if they included one though .

To be honest, I expect this series to be more like Working than Lucky Star. The only promo image we have is of her with an apron, after all.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2012-11-30 at 15:18.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:01   Link #86
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The girl featured in the 15 second PV reminds me of Chitanda. How awesome is this series going to be? I'm curious!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-01 at 00:22. Reason: Removed provocative "you're watching it wrong" response
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 18:06   Link #87
HosannaExcelsis

After Hyouka, KyoAni can make all the cultural festivals they want as far as I'm concerned.
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:47   Link #88
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HosannaExcelsis View Post
After Hyouka, KyoAni can make all the cultural festivals they want as far as I'm concerned.
True. Then there are those people that exist which I'm probably one of that actually like fillers, so if as said most culture festivals are filler than I'd enjoy it.

Except even after this synopsis it still doesn't interest me as much as Hyouka or Chuunibyo did at this point. But I can only wait and see.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 09:15   Link #89
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Aya Suzaki, a very new seiyuu, is playing Tamako Kitashirakawa and singing the opening/ending themes.

The OP/ED singles will go on sale 2013/01/25 for 1200 yen each. They are sold by Pony Canyon, so it looks like Tamako Market has a slightly different production company than Chuunibyou (no Lantis).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-01 at 12:10. Reason: Mis-spelled name due to being in a rush
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 09:25   Link #90
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Now we just need to hear a good sample of Aya's voice. It appears she was in ep. 5 of To Love-Ru Darkness but I don't watch that series.
Old 2012-12-01, 09:52   Link #91
Witheirate

Seems interesting... Would like to know how they handle this triangle love... Count me in.
Witheirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 11:46   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Now we just need to hear a good sample of Aya's voice. It appears she was in ep. 5 of To Love-Ru Darkness but I don't watch that series.
There's a sample here: http://www.imenterprise.jp/data.php?id=94

Sounds cute.
Old 2012-12-01, 18:03   Link #93
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There's a sample here: http://www.imenterprise.jp/data.php?id=94

Sounds cute.
Sounds like her voice fits the character's design pretty well. It's definitely cute.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 18:28   Link #94
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Sounds cutesy whilst being able to drift over to a serious side if necessary- good for KyoAni works.

And boy, it must be pretty awesome to have a Christmas birthday. :3
Old 2012-12-01, 20:51   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
A bit of a side-topic, but honestly most people I know who have birthdays in and around Christmas never liked it because any celebration just gets swallowed up and overshadowed by the holidays. As you get older, though, and you want people to not remember that you're getting older, then it's more acceptable...
Old 2012-12-01, 21:20   Link #96
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Well, Tamako's birthday is New Year Eve, so she's perfect for the role
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:50   Link #97
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Nagisa from Clannad had birthday on Christmas. And I could remember couple of other characters with the same case.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 09:00   Link #98
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Sounds cutesy whilst being able to drift over to a serious side if necessary- good for KyoAni works.

Also, you may only get one gift instead of two when people celebrate birthdays on days other than Xmas and Xmas.
Old 2012-12-02, 11:44   Link #99
tsunade666

having a birthday the same date of a family occasion will make your birthday and that occasion celebration the same. Its not a good thing. But at least it looks like the people from the market likes Tamako and they probably celebrate it at least even though its the same as celebrating the new years eve.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:30   Link #100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some people I know with late December birthdays had their celebration of it in June to keep it seperated from the Holidays.

Tags
comedy, seinen