AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 00:35   Link #11581
Gravitas Free Zone

Another benefit of working nearly every single line: Easier to move on from nerfs.

Though nearly all of my TD crews have 100% camo skill all the way around, so at least that's covered.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 03:39   Link #11582
Blaat

I'm really glad about the TD nerf, had a tier x match yesterday with 10 TDs on both teams, that was fun!
Old 2014-01-17, 06:29   Link #11583
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

So far I havent encountered a ST-1 yet with my t25/2. That`s weird, I already know the weak spots of ST-1 and yet I still havent found one.

Got 50% repair skill in Churchill III(for ST-1 or an IS line tank)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 11:35   Link #11584
Gravitas Free Zone

The top-tier TD stuff doesn't bother me that much, my TD lines are currently mellow at Tier 8. I'm more curious to see if the camo changes cause chaos at the lower tiers, where I've seen battles that have anywhere from three to six (!!) Hellcats per team plus incidental StuGs, SU-100s, and whatnot.

ST-I: They don't seem too common when you're only nudging the bottom of Tier 9 games with a Tier 7, get a little more popular at Tier 8, and then I see them somewhat regularly at Tier 9. Though they're far less common than things like E-75s or, well, T-54s.

I like to really stand out on desert maps.
Images
I do not associate Japan with sandy deserts.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I apparently got a helluva lot of XP for blowing up a Tier 9 SPG with a Chaffee. Because I spent a lot of this match in a bush staring at the G8 ridgeline, where no one was.
Images
It didn't occur to me until later that the 304 didn't belong there.
Random funny: I set up on the eastern slope to detect the tanks returning to reset the cap; the FV304 came racing downhill at me and I set it on fire, first from the engine and then from the fuel tank; I got lucky and only took 5 HP of damage from a pointblank HE shot; the 304 continued barreling downhill on fire until it exploded. Chat message pops up "Great Balls of Fire."

They let me take the hill and keep it.
Images
I went a little crazy.

Shot all but two rounds of ammo.
Images
Almost had a Fadin's Medal...
I mean, I was trying to think of a way to disable the T-28 with the penultimate shot so that the final one would kill it, but someone else took the kill.
Old 2014-01-17, 12:27   Link #11585
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I'm more curious to see if the camo changes cause chaos at the lower tiers, where I've seen battles that have anywhere from three to six (!!) Hellcats per team plus incidental StuGs, SU-100s, and whatnot.
It's going to take more than a moderate camo nerf to make the Hellcat "balanced". It's still very mobile, quick to aim, it has amazing gun depression/elevation, and it bounces ridiculous shots off its mantlet. The sluggish ISU-152 and Rhm.-Borsig, on the other hand, could be nearly ruined by taking their camo advantage away.

Well, if nerfing TD camo gives new spotting advantages to mediums and lights, then it may be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Random funny: I set up on the eastern slope to detect the tanks returning to reset the cap; the FV304 came racing downhill at me and I set it on fire, first from the engine and then from the fuel tank; I got lucky and only took 5 HP of damage from a pointblank HE shot; the 304 continued barreling downhill on fire until it exploded. Chat message pops up "Great Balls of Fire."
This made a very funny scene in my head. Thank you.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 12:33   Link #11586
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The sluggish ISU-152 and Rhm.-Borsig, on the other hand, could be nearly ruined by taking their camo advantage away.
Then there's the 704, which people have to find in the Magic Forest by driving into it with their tanks...
Old 2014-01-17, 13:34   Link #11587
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
The sluggish ISU-152 and Rhm.-Borsig, on the other hand, could be nearly ruined by taking their camo advantage away.
That's only going from very good to relatively less good. It's not like they have nothing going for them besides the camo. In fact I think the camo nerf will hurt pew pew pew armorless TDs like the US tier 5s and the Hellcat more.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 16:54   Link #11588
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, got 2 of the 3 daily missions done quite fast.

Spoiler for Tiger 2:

Did my best to defend the base along with a waffle against a Piger, Tiger I, IS and IS-6. Got destroyed but bought precious time so my teammates in the other side of the map could cap the base.

Spoiler for IS-3:

Carried a bunch of cowards to victory. Near the end I was alone against the Warcrime Panther, FMC and SU-152. Survived thanks to the RNG (bounced 2 of the FMC shots) when I was at 150 hp.

Also I sense the 3000 crew xp mission is not working correctly. It says I already completed it 4 times but none of my crew advanced.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 23:31   Link #11589
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
That's only going from very good to relatively less good. It's not like they have nothing going for them besides the camo. In fact I think the camo nerf will hurt pew pew pew armorless TDs like the US tier 5s and the Hellcat more.
Fair point. They can still use the "nuke something and immediately GTFO" tactic, especially the waffle using its turret around corners.
Old 2014-01-18, 01:06   Link #11590
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Fair point. They can still use the "nuke something and immediately GTFO" tactic, especially the waffle using its turret around corners.
Yup. All waffles these days peekaboo against IS-3's anyway, with it's excessive HP requiring at least three 122mm shells to kill even if it had 0 camo for everyone to see.
Old 2014-01-18, 20:21   Link #11591
Gravitas Free Zone

"Firing into melee" is not a skill one should cultivate.

Images
Remind me why I'm doing this?

Incidentally, those three guys managed to get Lucky when there were only two enemy friendly fire kills because the Pz38nA rushed all the way across the field (Malinovka) and crashed into a clump of vehicles, right before the Valentine AT shot it in the back. So adding to the suiscouting and friendly fire failures we have the "not spread out fast enough" failure.
Old 2014-01-18, 22:38   Link #11592
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

It's seriously frustrating to see waffles in the enemy team cause they can 2 shot you if you aren't careful. Special mention goes for the waifutragger E-100, I find those on the enemy every 8-10 battles when driving my IS-8. However I noticed the waffle E-100's gun has a common tendency to break (or just I'm lucky that I always shot at them and break their guns.

Anyway, my wr dropped another .15%; now I'm seriously questioning myself if stop playing for the rest of the month.

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2014-01-18 at 22:58.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 00:58   Link #11593
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

New medals in 8.11

I just love the look of the Main Caliber medal. It's annoying to do a huge amount of damage but not get anything just because I didn't get 6 kills or an 85% hit rate. With this medal, high damage dealers get the reward they deserve.

Also:

- confirmed: T23 will be able to go back with the same speed as it can go forward with (SS: yes, this is historical, it was a type of transmission that allowed this), its maximum speed will be 56 km/h

This tank sounds extremely amusing to play. Can't wait for it to be re-introduced.

Last edited by Tempester; 2014-01-19 at 01:08.
Old 2014-01-19, 01:59   Link #11594
Gravitas Free Zone

I like how the new version of the old Sniper medal is arranged. Earlier today I basically did the "cheap" version of the Sniper medal by permatracking a much larger vehicle for zero actual damage over the course of about 20 shots (hey, it was all of it that I could see without getting my face blown off). At least the new way requires penetration on top of accuracy.
Old 2014-01-19, 04:39   Link #11595
Blaat

I had a great game yesterday in my IS-3, 1400 base xp, 7 kills (RNG screwed me over for the 8th one of course) and when I checked the replay folder the game wasn't there.

edit:
More
Images
T69

replay.

Last edited by Blaat; 2014-01-19 at 10:22.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:58   Link #11596
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Got the AMX M4. It's a very normal tank. What you see is what you get. Nothing more nothing less. Reminds me of the old Tiger I with the old L/71 (infinite aim time and excessive reload for 240 alpha but 200+ penetration). Not as bad as what people say.

...or maybe I just have been playing way too many underpowered tanks making this one actually look good.
Old 2014-01-20, 01:10   Link #11597
Gravitas Free Zone

Good for a chuckle: Getting a guy who is using a T18 with a HE/HEAT load to complain that you shot him with APCR from your H35.

I got shot by two derp T18s for 10 damage each.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:18   Link #11598
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Look at my potential damage received in this KV-220 game:

Images

Surely this was a brilliant distraction that allowed my team to win right?

Images
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:42   Link #11599
Gravitas Free Zone

It looks like they killed everyone else and then came after you.

So if you play the JPE100 On Track to completion for 570135 XP in two weeks to the JPE100, you get the wee tiny S35 premium.

Images
I borrowed someone else's math.

That's not exactly incentive to re-play any of those vehicles since I already have it, though. Also, that reward versus the grind makes the IS-6 mission look like a walk in the park.

Edited to add: Apparently there are also individual vehicle unlocking bonuses, like small and large repair/first aid kits, fire extinguishers, a camo net, etc. Better for people that don't already have a lot of them, though.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-01-21 at 02:42.
Old 2014-01-21, 02:06   Link #11600
Gravitas Free Zone

...speaking of outscoring, I just had a loss in my T20 where I did the most damage of anyone on either team, in a game that had multiple Roombas, T34s, and an AMX 50 100.

Though part of that is because instead of trying to run across the entire map to reset when the other flank collapsed, I decided to go score a moral victory and kill the enemy SPG...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks