Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-11, 13:00   Link #461
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
melodrama haha...she does seem to have a taste in tragic stories i give you that ^^

well putting it that way the important thing would be to see who will be doing the dumping...
Yuumi will. Kouichi would never summon up the guts for that. My Mentysense tells me that almost out-of-the-blue Yuumi will strike down their couple chances, with some melodramatic reason. Hell, I even wouldn't be surprised if we'd get ~14 more episodes of sloooooooow development before Kouichi confesses - and gets rejected by Yuumi due to Very Important Reason [tm]

Quote:
so far mao still hasnt showed any interesting in kouichi but that can change if she decides to dump kai (id say give their relationship 2-3 more eps to see how he changes to be a better person).
Excuse me? You may want to rewatch the ending of ep6. That's what I meant with "smacking the viewers over the head with the flag"
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 13:22   Link #462
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*shrugs* there is still a chance if he realises the error of his ways

be he has to do it fast or even i will lose all patience

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:20   Link #463
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

The biggest strike against the couples is not their personalities or conflicting interests. It's how early they were developed in the series. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will tend to like this show less if there isn't even the slightest chance of "couple-hopping" within the next 4 months of content. Because afterall, romance is good, but drama is great
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:27   Link #464
Nvenya

Couldn't the ending of Episode 6 be interpreted in at least 3 different ways?

Spoiler:
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:28   Link #465
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I think Kouichi-Yuumi is doomed too, though for different reasons. I've seen relationships like theirs before, and while they seem workable, in the end a lack of any real connecting factors destroy it. When they talk in the library, I get the feeling more like they'd be comfortable as friends, which also tends to destroy love relationships.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 02:22   Link #466
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Don't think Mao is going to pull a Sekai on Yuumi-chan. But she does seem to feel a bit leftout or lonely after witnessing the progress between Kouichi and Yuumi.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 06:54   Link #467
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Yuumi will. Kouichi would never summon up the guts for that. My Mentysense tells me that almost out-of-the-blue Yuumi will strike down their couple chances, with some melodramatic reason. Hell, I even wouldn't be surprised if we'd get ~14 more episodes of sloooooooow development before Kouichi confesses - and gets rejected by Yuumi due to Very Important Reason [tm]
Actually.... that's exactly what I was thinking will happen. Or he finally does somehow work up the courage (unlikely) and gets shot down totally. Though being rejected for some mysterious important reason to me kind cements that they will eventually work out their problems. You have them building their relationship, the conflict and the resolution would be them getting together one would think.

I can see something with Mao though. Part of me thinks she has to get together with someone and another part thinks she might just continue to play her role as big sister to everyone. Possibly with her giving up on Kouichi (if she feels anything at all) for his and Yuumi's sake. But they put that scene @ the end of episode six for a reason, Not sure if she's jealous in a romantic way, but there is something brewing without a doubt. As for her love life... Mao x Kai to me is totally awkward after actually seeing them interact with each other. It's just almost painful to watch. Which is kind of strange since at first glance I thought I would totally love them together.

I can't imagine them not shaking up the couples somewhat anyway.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 08:03   Link #468
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Fair enough. Here's my reasoning why:

4) Remember her peculiar taste in romance (melo)drama? I consider this an indicator. Something "tragic" is going to happen to nix their couple chances. Maybe she's going to move overseas or something.
if it follows the game or novel...
Spoiler for major spoiler on Yuumi's probable "ending":
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 03:05   Link #469
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I really don't like Kai, he's a jackass. Mao is probably my favourite girls in this series so I definitely do not want that path. I wish they have an ending like the manga story...
Old 2007-11-14, 07:35   Link #470
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
I really don't like Kai, he's a jackass. Mao is probably my favourite girls in this series so I definitely do not want that path. I wish they have an ending like the manga story...
I completly agree with everything said.
Old 2007-11-14, 09:30   Link #471
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Watched the episode without translation late at night.
It seems that there's an improvement with Futami-san, she stopped playing dumb and is back to studies. This is a good sign. More than that she made coffee for herself and for Kazuki.
As a side note, in the chart Futami's followed by a Yamada Taro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name).
she didnt hang out with everyone else when asked to help with math so there's still a way to go. Now she has that "i owe you nothing you owe me nothing either' attitude.
Spoiler for game spoilers:

Eiji as I get it was trying to be sympathetic. If i understood correctly he said to Mao 'want advice? you better study instead of hanging around with me'.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 10:03   Link #472
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
As a side note, in the chart Futami's followed by a Yamada Taro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name).
hehe... yeah, noticed this too. There's also "Hanako" there... nothing else but common names.

Quote:
Spoiler for game spoilers:
I'm looking forward to a more, realistic and life-changing experience for Eriko. Which I believe we'll see if she gets to interact with the other characters in the show, particularly Asuka.

Quote:
Eiji as I get it was trying to be sympathetic. If i understood correctly he said to Mao 'want advice? you better study instead of hanging around with me'.
hmm... not really "you better study instead of hanging around with me", but rather "if you're having problems [in studies or what] and you still prefer hanging out with me, might as well confide me with your problems so both the time we spend together will be worthwhile"

And, Mao was the one who made it seem like everything was fine. Kai was indeed concerned about her studies, but she concealed the fact that she was having problems, despite spending much time with him.

Kai must have his own reasons for acting the way he is at this point, jackass as others might see him... I just hope we'll get to see him open up more. I believe episode 6 showed a little of that improvement. I'll reserve further judgments on Kai, as well as the Kai x Mao relationship until I get to see more episodes. The lack of common ground between the two poses a danger in their relationship, but things might just work out... depends on what direction they plan for the show.

The little spoiler summaries in Newtype doesn't say anything with regards to Kai and Mao, which makes me more uncertain about the future for these two... I just wonder what the title for episode 10 mean...

Spoiler:

And whoever wants to read my thoughts and blabbing about episode 6 can just check out my blog post: KimiKiss pure rouge 06 Commentary :3

hmm... do you guys want the "spoiler crumbs" (as Memento refers to it) from Newtype? I might just post the translation to the little summaries provided for episode 7-9... if you guys want o__o

Last edited by usagijen; 2007-11-14 at 10:18.
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 10:33   Link #473
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I don't really like Kai, but I have to go with usagijen on the whole study issue. I mean fair enough to Mao as she knows that Kai doesn't like talking about exams so she avoided antagonising him, but I liked the way Kai wanted Mao to confide in him even though the subject was one he doesn't like. Now the real meat of the pudding is how Mao and Kai will deal with their relationship now. If Kai goes all sulky, then I'll take back what I said and just put him as a cold childish ba****rd, and I'm pretty sure Mao won't let me down.

I see Mao as a catalyst to the whole show. She basically is helping everyone overcome something (including herself). With Kai I think it is his forced exile from student life, which is understandable with the way people treats his aspirations, but maybe some balance from his end would help him enjoy school life a little more.
Old 2007-11-14, 11:34   Link #474
ZODDGUTS

This series is alright but watching it after ef it comes out rather average...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 12:21   Link #475
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
hmm... do you guys want the "spoiler crumbs" (as Memento refers to it) from Newtype? I might just post the translation to the little summaries provided for episode 7-9... if you guys want o__o
I would love to see that if u dont mind

Oh man am i the only one feeling like this, i mean, surely we have 2 main hero (kazuki and kouichi) but in the game it was only kouichi, and given i also have played the game, i feel that the romance that kouichi has, isn't even as interesting as kazuki's (which has more drama plot futami vs asuka anyone?) its just too plain slow paced romance with yuumi, so here i am thinking.. maybe, well just maybe they will have some plot twist for kouichi later on.. (GO MAOOO)

and oh where did kai go.. meh don't have slightest love for that guy for now

but well i always seem to misfire my bullet (happen ini kimiga, C2, DC, honey and clover) so i won't hope too much now, have had too many bad experience with rooting for some couple and ended up with nothing in my hand
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:04   Link #476
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, Mao's changing facial expression at the end of episode six looks like we'll finally see more from her, in terms of character development and what comes after. It was nicely done though, great way to end such a great episode --- after all that one episode packed development.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-11-14 at 16:55.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:23   Link #477
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Oh man am i the only one feeling like this, i mean, surely we have 2 main hero (kazuki and kouichi) but in the game it was only kouichi, and given i also have played the game, i feel that the romance that kouichi has, isn't even as interesting as kazuki's (which has more drama plot futami vs asuka anyone?) its just too plain slow paced romance with yuumi, so here i am thinking.. maybe, well just maybe they will have some plot twist for kouichi later on.. (GO MAOOO)

and oh where did kai go.. meh don't have slightest love for that guy for now

but well i always seem to misfire my bullet (happen ini kimiga, C2, DC, honey and clover) so i won't hope too much now, have had too many bad experience with rooting for some couple and ended up with nothing in my hand
its not just you who finds kazuki's relationship more interesting

duno about the game but if it only focuses on kouichi then its natural for his story to be much more exciting, whereas the series features a few relationship plots at the same time. so far the problem is that yume and kouchi just seems too perfect for each other - and hence not much drama...maybe later if kouichi decides to have enough of her book fantasies but for now they are still progressing at a snails pace.

and i know that feeling too well about predicting the out come wrongly...though sometimes i manage to get a hit XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 16:34   Link #478
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good to see Kazuki patching up things with Asuka. She's a really likable character.

Was a bit confused on why he’d be apologizing after that incident in the library. Looks like Eriko felt the same asking him why. Not sure if it was Kazuki or simply Asuka who got her to give an effort again. I do understand Eriko not wanting to study with them all. I’m more comfortable working on my own.

Kazuki…he’ll need to keep working. He made a good leap to restart the experiment and talk with Asuka. But he’s got a long way to go. Needs to get things past being simply an experiment. Was something watching her try to trying to understand things. Like why her heart wasn’t racing. Emotions are going to be the key in all of this.

Mao just giving up like that was a surprise. I mean it’s hard when you fail, but it wasn’t even her fault. But everyone takes failing in their own way even if the result wasn't due to something she did wrong. Nice that Mao is going to get moving again. Is a bit frightening that she can be top 10 and in rehab….

The frogs just keep on coming….But anyways Mao at the end of the episode was interesting. Whether she feels a bit envious that her own love life isn’t going well or that Kouichi is moving away from her.
Old 2007-11-14, 20:13   Link #479
komichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The frogs just keep on coming….But anyways Mao at the end of the episode was interesting. Whether she feels a bit envious that her own love life isn’t going well or that Kouichi is moving away from her.
I was wondering about the same thing, well, KouichixHoshino is great and all but maybe it's time to add one more member to his harem and make it so that the saxophone guy have to chase after Mao. It seems like she's doing too much for him and he's just being pissy and difficult. One of my least fav character if I may add. He's like a worse copypasta version of that cool senpai from TokiMemo: Only Love. I think his name was Kou-something Inukai.
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 00:51   Link #480
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Good, Eriko told Kazuki to basically get lost, too bad everyone and his dog knows she will come around at some point, I just hope they come up with a good reason for that which does not tells us rather clearly "We know there is no reason for her to love him but he is one of the main characters, you know."

And Mao stopped bothering to study just because she got sick on the day of an important exam? Sounds quite silly, if understandable to an extent. But in a way it's nice to see she actually has flaws.

Quote:
Yuumi x Mao: It's slowly happening. Yuumi is just using Kyouichi to get info about Mao so that it'll be easy to make her move (after she makes Kyouichi suicide)....
This would be the greatest plot twist in the history of anime.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen