AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-20, 13:53   Link #321
Goggen

This was posted earlier in the thread although I believe there are other sources saying the same thing.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:06   Link #322
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
This was posted earlier in the thread although I believe there are other sources saying the same thing.
Thanks
I found this quote
http://twitter.com/akemi8py_kanaya/s...9039888240640#

"[K-Movie - release date / day ... March 12 is a new episode of the story while attending law pongee sole Mio!
I Nya Azu, she Solitude!"

and this which was the direct twiter page from the link you have me
http://twitter.com/nojitetsu/status/39232899760783360#
"Movie "K!" Will be released on December 3, 2011!
[] Presentation at a live event from the director Yamada Come_With_Me # # K_On # Keion"

where does it say before graduation? I want to find the quote that everyone is getting this from. Because so far from the sources that people found I dont see before the graduation Like all the english sources all say the same exact thing, but where are they getting this from?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-20 at 14:17.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:18   Link #323
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
where does it say before graduation? I want to find the quote that everyone is getting this from. Because so far from the sources that people found I dont see before the graduation
I assume it is from the very tweets you mention, only properly translated. "March 12 is a new episode of the story while attending law pongee sole Mio! I Nya Azu, she Solitude!" does not exactly have an obvious meaning, unless I am missing something here.

Last edited by Goggen; 2011-02-20 at 14:21. Reason: Clarification
Old 2011-02-20, 18:59   Link #324
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Nah, that means nothing. That is the original title of the franchise, after all. There's really no reason to put two exclamation points in the movie title just because the second season of the TV series did.
XD yeah,you got a point. XD even the manga has been sporting a single exclamation point.XD
Old 2011-02-20, 19:01   Link #325
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Hmm.. the sources said that "According to Naoko Yamada..." maybe she made an appearance in the live gig and made the announcement there?
Old 2011-02-20, 19:07   Link #326
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Hmm.. the sources said that "According to Naoko Yamada..." maybe she made an appearance in the live gig and made the announcement there?
That is exactly what happened, yes.
Old 2011-02-20, 21:39   Link #327
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

So we'll probably get the new manga chapters before the movie arrives.
Old 2011-02-20, 22:43   Link #328
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

we'll certainly get them before the movie. XD Anyway, if season 3 is probable, maybe we won't have it till late 2013 or earlier than that? i mean, kakifly needs to work for several chapters to accord a possible 1 cour adaptation. hmm..and then there might come season 4..XDD then the fans would grow sick of it..and the k-on fever dies..DX

ok,that's just my pessimistic side w/c i'm hoping wouldn't come true. xD
Old 2011-02-21, 01:45   Link #329
gowfan05

so March 12, 2011 (new ep.) and December 3, 2011 (movie) ???
Old 2011-02-21, 03:19   Link #330
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
so March 12, 2011 (new ep.) and December 3, 2011 (movie) ???
The new episode is still part of season 2 and is DVD/Blu-Ray only.

We'll get new manga chapters in April, the movie by the end of the year and beyond that, anything is possible.

I myself hope that KyoAni doesn't push this too far, because I fear that stuff will get old really fast if we keep on seeing the same old stuff, only in college.

In order for this series to maintain its novelty, what Kakifly should do is have the girls actively focus on their musical career together. They went to the same Uni together, because I got the impression that they had become very good friends and wished to continue to be a band (with or without Azusa). Heck, we see a few other characters (Ui and Jun) follow a similar road, so ending it all with graduation would, IMO, be a huge waste of potential.

If KyoAni wants to make a third season, they'll have to give Kakifly the time to develop his story (and the characters) into something new and refreshing. For example, do we really need another season with Ritsu bullying Mio in every possible way and Mio crawling into her little corner of despair again? Do we really need to see these girls get even more wasted with tea and sweets and accomplish practically nothing in the end? I think that routine would become old very fast and as much as I loved seeing that in the first two seasons, even I would like to see the story go beyond the standard and prove to all those heavy cynics/haters that this series IS worth milking for every last drop.

Anyway, the movie will be going deeper into parts of the original timeline, so at the very least, I hope they can pull this off well, especially since there's not much source material to go with.
Old 2011-02-21, 04:28   Link #331
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

@Lord of Fire i kind of agree to everything you said. but having ritsu stop bullying mio would somehow make the dynamic bland. DX i just like it when their relationship remains that way. ofc, character development was never a no-no,but for me,i'd like a few things to stay the same.XDD
Old 2011-02-22, 13:34   Link #332
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Okay, it's officially confirmed by TBS now, the movie is NOT a recap, it WILL be original material and it WILL take place during the time the girls spend in high school. And as if anyone was surprised, the main cast return for their respective roles, along with the staff from the series.
Old 2011-02-22, 18:31   Link #333
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, it'd just suck big time if even only a single one of the cast wouldn't reprise her role. DX but i'm very glad that everybody's returning. XD
Old 2011-02-23, 19:31   Link #334
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Maybe We'll see a Death Devil concert in the mix.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:38   Link #335
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

My question is, (well either way I don't really care) but will there even be a plot? or will it be just an hour and half of complete slice of life and Moe
Old 2011-02-23, 19:53   Link #336
Goggen

I'm sure there will be some kind of plot. I don't see how they can justify a feature film otherwise.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:53   Link #337
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
My question is, (well either way I don't really care) but will there even be a plot? or will it be just an hour and half of complete slice of life and Moe
I would hope that there would be some plot to it, I think that would defiantly make it more interesting to watch. But could you even make some kind of plot for the movie? Nothing comes to my mind when it comes to that but regardless I wouldn't care if it was just a random slice of life kinda deal.
Old 2011-02-23, 23:36   Link #338
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

hmm.. with or w/o plot is just fine with me. but it'd be better if there is. XD i wouldn't be able to stand k-on haters bashing the film just because it's plotless. >=(

in any case, i kinda want to see a movie-original character. XDD
Old 2011-02-23, 23:44   Link #339
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'd much prefer some sort of plot. If they were going to go for 1.5 - 2+ hours of the same exact thing from the show, they would have released it as a set of OVAs or something.

They've got something bigger planned, that's for sure.
Old 2011-02-23, 23:50   Link #340
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Somewhat disappointed it's not post-HS material. I think the second season ended that chapter in their lives with enough bang and pizzaz worthy of an actual concert.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life