Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Toy with the factions, raise their hopes, and then crush them --- rarrrr
Old 2012-04-11, 17:51   Link #962
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What I found funniest about Volume 10:

1. Seriously, Oka-san, can't siblings hold hands?
This also make me think on her overacting at that time he saw Kirino crying with the whole fake boyfriend situation. Makes me wonder on whether their mother had someone near her (like a pair of cousins or uncle and aunt) end up in a incest situation and things ending up badly making her react like that.

Also thanks for all the trans.
Old 2012-04-11, 18:00   Link #963
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah this has been the case for several volumes now. The next volume will most likely continue this and maybe add more bombs to the camp.
Maybe the psp game should include an alternative completely serious scenario concerning Kirino and Kyousuke. Even if it would look totally out of place for the series, I would like to see if Fushimi would be up to writing something like that.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:04   Link #964
Lisemer

Hey Sumeragi, what bet they're refering to?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:06   Link #965
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
No no, what i meant with that is that each time Kyou is thinking more and more in Kirino as a woman than a sister. [...] If both start to ignore the restrictions of the concept [of being siblings] then, well, the outcome is predictable.
Yup, I know what you meant, but I am only trying to say that -- even if we're not heading to a Kirino romantic ending -- you can expect the amount of Kirino "flags" to keep on increasing over the next while until it reaches the breaking point. It's basically the same reason Vexx explained:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The fact that Kyousuke is continuing to see Kirino more and more as a woman is foreshadowing for a development that has to happen anyway. That's part of the tease too. But I don't know that where they go from there is so clean-cut, though it could be.
Old 2012-04-11, 18:25   Link #966
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The fact that Kyousuke is continuing to see Kirino more and more as a woman is foreshadowing for a development that has to happen anyway. That's part of the tease too. But I don't know that where they go from there is so clean-cut, though it could be.
However, the fact that there's increasing resistance he's going to face (from his parents to start with) indicates to me that this will NOT have an incest-style ending. It will clearly NOT have a tacit blessing from the parents, but meets active counterfire. I think it's rather an indicator that in the end, Kyousuke and Kirino will have to realize that they ARE siblings. I expect this story to have a non-tragic ending, and I really can't see a "screw the world, we're gonna be together forever" resolution.

In fact, this is also one of the reasons why I remain an active Ayase shipper. While I don't mind incestual relationships in other shows, this one won't happen, since the story takes pains to maintain a certain degree of realism. And Kuroneko doesn't strike me as a good lasting match - Kyousuke is NO anime/manga/gaming nerd by disposition, he's only drawn in in order to be able to help out Kirino - Kuroneko is a cute and fine character, but simply living in a different world. Ayase is fundamentally normal like Kyousuke.

Well, we'll see
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:56   Link #967
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, frankly either one makes sense in the context of the story so far. The childhood friend just missed too many trains so to speak. Either Ayase or Ruri after all the smoke clears is my guesstimate for now.
Old 2012-04-11, 19:04   Link #968
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And Kuroneko doesn't strike me as a good lasting match - Kyousuke is NO anime/manga/gaming nerd by disposition, he's only drawn in in order to be able to help out Kirino - Kuroneko is a cute and fine character, but simply living in a different world. Ayase is fundamentally normal like Kyousuke.
Ayase is a fashion model. How is that normal? Sure, maybe a little more normal than Kuroneko considering how deep into the culture Kuroneko is and he may be used to it somewhat because of Kirino, but it's far from normal.

I'm leaning toward Kuroneko for two reasons. One, she set up foreshadowing, and foreshadowing makes for a better story than sudden plot twists (not that Ayase's relationship wasn't hinted at before, but still). Two, she's more popular than Ayase (though this may change after season 2 airs).

Though I agree with Vexx, it really works with either of them as of now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 19:09   Link #969
Sumeragi
Banned

Here's my analysis of the situation:

For anyone that read Volume 9, they will know that Kirino said this to Ruri: "I also used to think he was an invincible superhero."

Exactly what happened between the two of them? The rather dysfunctional relationship between the Kousaka siblings seem to stem from something that happened in the past, where Kirino at first was extremely cold towards Kyousuke but then warmed up quickly (combined with Kyousuke's trying to be the best brother he can be). In addition, we have the Ayase factor, who seems to have this kind of strange love for Kyousuke combined with attachment to Kirino. Basically, we're dealing with the Kyousuke-Kirino-Ayase Triangle.

Besides this look into the past, there's the image change Kirino has undergone. Why did she do this, and what will it do to Kyousuke? We already see Kyousuke going under emotional turmoil over this, and this would most likely grow stronger as the other girls start raising the stakes.

The way I see it, this arc will be a major turning point as we untangle the strings behind the initial relationship of Kyousuke and Kirino, and I expect many a tears to be spilled. May there be Sturm und Drang!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 19:17   Link #970
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Seems like you like to tease people so badly

Nnnng, I can't wait longer!!!

About TL:
Spoiler for Ch.1:

Edit:

Talking with a friend, and he said that that ^ is true
Really? I can't seem to find it at the usual places I go for that... =/ Guess I'll have to wait.

I haven't read the latest volume yet, but I'm still hoping for a Kuroneko end. She confessed first, it's just sad that she couldn't keep hold of her position after going that far.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 19:35   Link #971
sky black swordman

The things i want to know are Ayase relationship with him and kirino jealousy.

the whole Kyousuke-Kirino-Ayase love Triangle thing . and where are we now with it.
Old 2012-04-11, 19:35   Link #972
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The only problem I have with both Ayase and Kuroneko is that, to Kyousuke, they each represent the two halves of Kirino's personality and him falling in love with either of them is actually a misdirection for his love for Kirino. Now, that isn't by any means to say that it couldn't work out fantastically well between either of the possible pairings. The key point -- and they've shown it from both Kuroneko and now Ayase -- is that they have to accept Kyousuke for who he is, recognizing where his feelings also lie. So a relationship with either of them could certainly work out.

By the same token, neither of those actually feel like the "True End", because that's too hard to "unlock" in a lot of ways. If Kyousuke actually wanted his feelings for Kirino to go anywhere, he'd face no end of hurdles, and it would lead them both down a really dark path from which they may never recover, even if they can stay together. So, as Mentar said, is that really a happy ending? I'm not sure that we can expect things to magically work out somehow as they do in the games Kirino plays. That said, the numerous parallels are precisely why I do expect the story to head much further in that direction before ultimately arriving at whatever destination it wants to arrive at.
Old 2012-04-11, 19:58   Link #973
Maugomale

Let's not forget Kyousuke and Kirino have Kuroneko as an ally now. If they do decide to go down the forbidden road, having someone who can support and accept their love would be a sanctuary against society's discrimination. You might say a single ally is not much, but it's certainly better than having no one on your side
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:13   Link #974
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
If they do decide to go down the forbidden road, having someone who can support and accept their love would be a sanctuary against society's discrimination.
To be honest I would like a story like that with this series. I know it wouldn't be clever to turn it like that at this point, it wouldn't fit with the atmosphere the series has developed after all. But if there was the posibility for such an alternative route in any medium (psp game would be a highly unlikely choice though) I would gladly support it.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:22   Link #975
Sumeragi
Banned

I never felt Oreimo would go the forbidden route. As I said, the current relationship between Kyousuke and Kirino is dysfunctional. Once most of the conflicts of the past is worked out, things will probably stabilize into what we would consider to be a normal relationship. Until then, Kyousuke is probably going to be like Sora from Aki Sora.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:23   Link #976
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
However, the fact that there's increasing resistance he's going to face (from his parents to start with) indicates to me that this will NOT have an incest-style ending. It will clearly NOT have a tacit blessing from the parents, but meets active counterfire. I think it's rather an indicator that in the end, Kyousuke and Kirino will have to realize that they ARE siblings. I expect this story to have a non-tragic ending, and I really can't see a "screw the world, we're gonna be together forever" resolution.

In fact, this is also one of the reasons why I remain an active Ayase shipper. While I don't mind incestual relationships in other shows, this one won't happen, since the story takes pains to maintain a certain degree of realism. And Kuroneko doesn't strike me as a good lasting match - Kyousuke is NO anime/manga/gaming nerd by disposition, he's only drawn in in order to be able to help out Kirino - Kuroneko is a cute and fine character, but simply living in a different world. Ayase is fundamentally normal like Kyousuke.

Well, we'll see
While their parents may not approve of a relationship between the 2, their friends on the other hand would more than likely approve of it. Even though Kuroneko likes Kyousuke, from the way she's acted, it seems she wouldn't mind losing him to Kirino. Saori is on good terms with all of them, the Akagi siblings probably wouldn't mind themselves either. Heck, back in Volume 8, Mikagami misunderstood a situation and thought Kyousuke was dating Kirino as well. The only person I can see not wanting the both of them being in a relationship would be Ayase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Here's my analysis of the situation:

For anyone that read Volume 9, they will know that Kirino said this to Ruri: "I also used to think he was an invincible superhero."

Exactly what happened between the two of them? The rather dysfunctional relationship between the Kousaka siblings seem to stem from something that happened in the past, where Kirino at first was extremely cold towards Kyousuke but then warmed up quickly (combined with Kyousuke's trying to be the best brother he can be). In addition, we have the Ayase factor, who seems to have this kind of strange love for Kyousuke combined with attachment to Kirino. Basically, we're dealing with the Kyousuke-Kirino-Ayase Triangle.

Besides this look into the past, there's the image change Kirino has undergone. Why did she do this, and what will it do to Kyousuke? We already see Kyousuke going under emotional turmoil over this, and this would most likely grow stronger as the other girls start raising the stakes.

The way I see it, this arc will be a major turning point as we untangle the strings behind the initial relationship of Kyousuke and Kirino, and I expect many a tears to be spilled. May there be Sturm und Drang!
When Kirino said that, I think she was referring to when Kyousuke was emotionally hurt after his breakup with Kuroneko. He broke into tears in front of her and asked her for help. He even said at that time that he had revealed his weakness to Kirino.

Also, there's definitely something that happened in the past between the siblings. And judging from the interview Fushimi did, the next volume should reveal it. Personally, I think that...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Really? I can't seem to find it at the usual places I go for that... =/ Guess I'll have to wait.

I haven't read the latest volume yet, but I'm still hoping for a Kuroneko end. She confessed first, it's just sad that she couldn't keep hold of her position after going that far.
While she did confess first, she also had ulterior motives behind the confession/relationship that was revealed in Volume 8. But, she did admit that the "curse" she placed on him was still in effect. So she hasn't given up on him either.

And while everyone has a girl that they think deserves to be with Kyousuke, I think really the question should be, Who does Kyousuke want to be with? I'm of the belief that the person who does the most work, should get the prize at the end. And let's face it, throughout all of this, Kyousuke is the one that's worked the most. All you have to do is look back and see the things that he's done, AND put up with. From the way he's acted, and judging from his thoughts, he thinks about Kirino A LOT and is even beginning to see her as a woman, and not just his sister. BUT, the fact that she's his sister is the Wall that's blocking him from making any moves.

But, that doesn't say he doesn't feel anything for the others. He definitely has some feelings for Kuroneko from when they were in a relationship. And he seems to be more open about things whenever he's with Ayase. So really, it's going to come down to who he picks out of these 3 girls. And even though I'm rooting for Kirino, I'll be happy with whoever he picks, because he deserves whoever he chooses.

P.S. I just want to say I'm glad I finally have a place to talk Oreimo. Because man, I've been dying to talk about this series for over a year now since I became a fan.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:51   Link #977
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

One more reason I think Ayase's confession won't end good (for us KyouAya shipper ) is Kyousuke's vow on the end of v8 that he won't get a girlfriend before Kirino has a boyfriend first; and when he has girl that he loves, he'll be the one to confess first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Also, there's definitely something that happened in the past between the siblings. And judging from the interview Fushimi did, the next volume should reveal it. Personally, I think that...
Spoiler:
Have the same thought. The anime opening of true route also strengthen this assumption with the flashback scenes when they were playing together. I don't know if the anime (specifically that scenes on the opening) is supervised by Fushimi himself so he can granted permission for the anime staffs to use materials like that.

But I think it's Manami existence herself that made Kyousuke and Kirino distant. I remember when Manami played to Kousaka house and she met Kirino, Kirino asked who she is, in sarcastic tone, and Manami said that Kirino probably forgot her because she was still little the last time they played together, or something. Meaning that when they were little they've met and were a friend.

And I read here, or maybe on other board, that Fushimi-sensei used too many materials for future light novel plot back then on the PSP game (was it Manami route, or Ayase route?). I personally think what he meant, one of them, was when Kirino refer Manami as "Mana-chan", the nickname she used back then, hinting that they were a friend once.
Old 2012-04-12, 05:25   Link #978
Sumeragi
Banned

My theory:

Spoiler for Just a thought:
Old 2012-04-12, 07:48   Link #979
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

lol. A Kirino Fan Arrested for Threatening Ore no Imouto Writer because of favouring Kuroneko in the past volumes

PS. The site is a NSFW. Be careful if you're going to read it
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:42   Link #980
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Well, I didn't ask him for the site ('cause my Chinese is nearly 0%).

Seems like he will start the summaries after reading the whole volume at C.E TL.

------

Right now, I'm more aware of Manami. She hasn't make a move yet, but I think we shouldn't forget that she was (probably) the main reason for Kirino to started to be cold towards Kyouske.

She even looks like Kirino in the screen captures at the new Oreimo's web site

As for me, to hell with Kyouske. Let Kirino to him in order I can get Kuroneko + her little sisters, Ayase, Saori, Kana, chief editor (?) and the others
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings