AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 12:07   Link #261
naruto89

there's a level 4 in the next chapter, its supposed to be more human like and its mini version of the combined akuma, ugly as hell
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:14   Link #262
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

u mean this chapter or next week
no spoilers for this week
Old 2008-01-25, 12:22   Link #263
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidLucifer View Post
It's a shounen manga, there isnt going to be any romance.
Sometimes too much action is a bad thing. Fusing in romance w/ it would make it better IMHO since it would affect the characters development; mindset in battle and inspiration etc...
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:19   Link #264
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
u mean this chapter or next week
no spoilers for this week
oh really!
Spoiler for title page + level-4:

guido, can do the honours !
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 18:25   Link #265
Scarlet

That's a Lvl 4? I was excepting more lol
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 19:34   Link #266
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
oh really!

Niccceee Thanks
Old 2008-01-25, 19:52   Link #267
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Geez, that thing is uglay!!! XD I wonder what it's capable of though...
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 00:39   Link #268
ser4

bahh i couldn't see anything ... how could you guys see that ?
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 02:20   Link #269
viperx116

Level 4 eh? It would kind of suck if it's stronger than the Noahs since I thought they were suppose to be the strongest next to the Earl.
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 02:30   Link #270
King Lycan
*IT Support

No no lvl 4 akuma aren't nearly as strong as noah's
Old 2008-01-26, 04:21   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidLucifer View Post
It's a shounen manga, there isnt going to be any romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
What a silly thing to say. Just because its shounen doesn't mean there isn't going to be any romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Sometimes too much action is a bad thing. Fusing in romance w/ it would make it better IMHO since it would affect the characters development; mindset in battle and inspiration etc...
Late, but what the heck...

The truth is though, while it's not totally impossible for shounen series to have romance (As in, relationships that actually exist, and not just a figment of fans' imagination), it is very, VERY, low on the priority list.

Meaning you'll see Allen pwning Noahs WAY before you'll him get any girl...

... Well, except maybe Road

Funny thing is though, despite the low importance of romance, it has always been the fans' greatest interest
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 11:15   Link #272
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Late, but what the heck...

The truth is though, while it's not totally impossible for shounen series to have romance (As in, relationships that actually exist, and not just a figment of fans' imagination), it is very, VERY, low on the priority list.

Meaning you'll see Allen pwning Noahs WAY before you'll him get any girl...

... Well, except maybe Road

Funny thing is though, despite the low importance of romance, it has always been the fans' greatest interest
Well; you pretty much sum up everything a shonen manga has to offer. Little to no romance at all and fanboys/girls eventually paring up each and every main characters out there on the series.

Though yeah; either the mangaka is blind or she's just the following the "taboo" of shonen manga. Though I'd would definitely be a breath of fresh air if Allen and Lenalee would hook up before the series "ever" ends.

Find it odd seems like no one did a full summary on chapter 145 here. Here are some spoilers for all.

Spoiler:

I just made a quick read on the manga though. I'm a little confused and all that. Guido or some other hardcore DGM reader might be able to do a more accurate summary.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 14:26   Link #273
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
oh really!

To naruto89 and everyone at this thread I apologize for being late to post my summary for this week's D.Gray-man manga chapter.

I do appreciate that someone besides me is posting some tidbits, sneak preview, or plainly spoil pic to let everyone know what will be going on in the next chapter.

However, naruto89 if you want to post a spoiler for next time please do so inside spoiler tags.

Ex:
[ SPOILER ]Write text here[/ SPOILER ]

Write the spoiler tags just like I have posted them above but be sure to remove the blank spaces, got it?

OK.

Let's move on with the summary for chapter 145.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2008-01-26 at 16:07.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 22:55   Link #274
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*After reading....*

Okay... Now that, is gross

Level 1s are weird, most them look like rotten hearts. Which is fine.

Level 2s are wild cards, they could look like anything, depending on their power if any.

Level 3s, in my opinion, have the coolest and most badass design. The Armor and all are great

...But the Level 4 Now that's one heck of a transformation. Like the giant Akumas, the Lv 4 are a fusion of several Akumas. In this case, several Lv 3 akumas.

I take back what I've said a few weeks ago, that perhaps... Just maybe, a Lv 4... might be equal or stronger than a Noah. And they could be a class of Akumas that don't take orders from them.

After all, unlike Noahs, Akumas can continuously evolve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S -More than anything though, I'm interested in what it said.

"4 is the number of despair"

Does anyone have any insight about that?

P.P.S - Could we consider the Lv 4 to be an 'Angel'? Perhaps like EVA ?

And that maybe, if it even exist, a Lv 5 would look perfectly human.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-01-26 at 23:08.
Old 2008-01-26, 23:52   Link #275
Tormenk

Quote:

...But the Level 4 Now that's one heck of a transformation. Like the giant Akumas, the Lv 4 are a fusion of several Akumas. In this case, several Lv 3 akumas.
I share the general opinion that the level 4 is just plain ugly for a angelic demon.

The level 4's evolution did take place under rather unique conditions. Unique enough that it might be a single case but unlikely for future developments. Too lazy to list them out but among them is the literal birth of a new Akuma from a supposedly dead one. Progression from one stage to another normally is marked by the number of lives the akuma has taken but in this case it's not.

Adding to Guido's 3.5 Mother Akuma, I would think the giant Akuma is the necessary stage 3.25 for level 3s to cross over into level 4.

Quote:
I take back what I've said a few weeks ago, that perhaps... Just maybe, a Lv 4... might be equal or stronger than a Noah. And they could be a class of Akumas that don't take orders from them.

Perhaps indeed. I had always thought the giant akumas were a waste of good material since all they do is shoot beams. Sure it's powerful and destructive but imagine the hundreds of level 3's unique abilities activated at once instead of beams. Discounting the "weaker" abilities like the trio in the recent anime episodes, manga level 3's like Eshi and Thread bring the pain. In both cases it took rather dire measures to take them down.

And why all the above? Once it's taken into account that several level 3's, all highly powerful and with their unique abilities, are used to form a level 4, it's a rather ugly picture. ()

For their evolution, I'm of the impression it's like the level bar in RPGs and such, that once you 'level up', you have to start clean again to level up. Meaning for the akuma to take even more lives than in all their previous stages, which I don't really see that happening much for level 4s.

Now for the real question: Can the level 4 Akuma seriously threaten Exorcists on the level of the Generals and Allen?

Quote:

The number of death in Mandarin after all. 4 sounds like si, which means death, for those not familiar with the connotation. Allen not counting, there are 4 Generals left in present time. 4 level 4's for one General each?

Quote:
P.P.S - Could we consider the Lv 4 to be an 'Angel'? Perhaps like EVA ?

And that maybe, if it even exist, a Lv 5 would look perfectly human.
As much as I would like to see the connection, there really isn't much to connect the level 4 akuma to Angels or EVA.

And for a totally human level 5 that would wicked.

And combining those two thoughts together, a level 5 befriending Allen later on?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:14   Link #276
Tworble

There are Shounen series that are specifically romance, but those don't tend to be action oriented. I don't think of D. Gray man as a "typical shounen", however so I wouldn't pigeon hole it.

Katsura Hoshina sounds quite mysterious, I mean no one has even seen her...are we sure she isn't Tim Burton in drag?
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 00:20   Link #277
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Adding to Guido's 3.5 Mother Akuma, I would think the giant Akuma is the necessary stage 3.25 for level 3s to cross over into level 4.
About that, I must say that the folks on Wiki sure update the site pretty fast

Quote:
Now for the real question: Can the level 4 Akuma seriously threaten Exorcists on the level of the Generals and Allen?
That is the half-million dollar question for this week.

Quote:
The number of death in Mandarin after all. 4 sounds like si, which means death, for those not familiar with the connotation. Allen not counting, there are 4 Generals left in present time. 4 level 4's for one General each?
Believe me, that was my first thought as well (being chinese and all), but it just doesn't seem right to me. And base on what (little) I know, I can't recalled any biblical demons using that number for that word.

So I tried my luck and went on wiki... And guess what I found?

The four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Conquest, War, Famine and Death.

Yup, plenty of despair there.

(Remember, this is just my best guess)

Quote:
As much as I would like to see the connection, there really isn't much to connect the level 4 akuma to Angels or EVA.

And for a totally human level 5 that would wicked.

And combining those two thoughts together, a level 5 befriending Allen later on?
- Well, I was just poking at the Lv 4 for being more organic than machine .

(Some lv 2s not counting...)

- Wicked... In every meaning of the word

- Come to think about it, if an Akuma evolves to the point when it has no soul, does it mean that Allen can't see it?

He might still detect it's presence, but could he still tell it apart from a human in the crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Katsura Hoshina sounds quite mysterious, I mean no one has even seen her...are we sure she isn't Tim Burton in drag?
*cough*

Reminds me of a certain writer of fanfiction...

*cough*

Masaka !
Old 2008-01-27, 01:04   Link #278
rimaa

Holy Crap, D-Gray hasn't slowed down a bit lately....Lvl 4 Akuma ehh?.....Wonder what kind of abilities It'll have. Allen's at critical so he sure wont be a pushover to the lvl 4 Akuma, even though he's been fighting for some time. But man, I have to agree with everyone else, that thing is one ugly ass creature!
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:28   Link #279
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post

Uhh, Holy.Shit.Man.

Quote:
*After reading....*

Okay... Now that, is gross

Level 1s are weird, most them look like rotten hearts. Which is fine.

Level 2s are wild cards, they could look like anything, depending on their power if any.

Level 3s, in my opinion, have the coolest and most badass design. The Armor and all are great

First of all, LOL@the rotting hearts, now that you mention it, they kinda do look like it...

Secondly, as to 4 being the number of despair, the easiest connection to draw is that the creation of a lvl. 4 Akuma means some real complications ahead for the Black Order.

Other things, though...

There are 4 Archangels in Islamic faith: Jibraeel (Gabriel), Mikaeel (Michael), Izraeel (Azrael), and Israfil (Raphael)

Death can be portrayed as an Angel, the name of which is Azrael, the Angel of Death, though the bible and Qu'ran don't say this, they use different names.

The Angel of Death, synonymous with the form of the most recent lvl. 4? (And quite frankly the only one so far)....

4 is also a homonym for the number of Death in Chinese lore, (I would know...I am Chinese....)

Death is also one of the FOUR horsemen of the apocalypse, as has already been said...

(Far out connection, but it was worth a decent shot)

Perhaps, as to the power level of a level 4, the upgrade from 2 to 3 is enormous, it took Lenalee's innocence pretty much all it had at the time to destroy Eshi, whereas she could take down lvl. 2's easily.

Perhaps, it would take a general or Allen an insane amount of effort and will to put a lvl 4. Akuma out of commission.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 04:11   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post

First of all, LOL@the rotting hearts, now that you mention it, they kinda do look like it...
I myself couldn't remember from where did I first heard them being described as that...

About the number 4... The thing is though, the title said that it is the number of despair, not death, thats why I didn't like the chinese word explaination, cause the two things aren't the same.

I didn't think about angels But again, it's not death they were talking about...

Not to sound bias or anything, but I do like my "Four Horsemen" explaination. Conquest, War, Famine and Death are 4 events that bring great despair.

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural