AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 00:11   Link #241
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's because he didn't think that he could save index. Correct me if i'm wrong, but everytime he use ars magna, he has to use details, he never use general terms like 'die', he had to describe how to die. He needs to be able to think.
Right, that's the core of Ars Manga. It's not an omnipotent ability that gives you God Like powers.

Their is no known way to remove the Johnpen mode on Index that's why Izzard has to deliberately trust that vampire exist for that is his only way or solution to the problem. But the problem too is he doesn't have a clue on a vampire that's why he can't just turn index into a vampire.

Accelerator is doomed if he can't make contact against that Alchemist. But if he did, Izzard is screwed up.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 10:41   Link #242
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
That's because he didn't think that he could save index. Correct me if i'm wrong, but everytime he use ars magna, he has to use details, he never use general terms like 'die', he had to describe how to die. He needs to be able to think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Right, that's the core of Ars Manga. It's not an omnipotent ability that gives you God Like powers.

Their is no known way to remove the Johnpen mode on Index that's why Izzard has to deliberately trust that vampire exist for that is his only way or solution to the problem. But the problem too is he doesn't have a clue on a vampire that's why he can't just turn index into a vampire.

Accelerator is doomed if he can't make contact against that Alchemist. But if he did, Izzard is screwed up.
Well, Aureolus once wanted to kill Touma with a simple "Die!" that Himegami Aisa stopped him (The first time he saw Touma). So my question is still there ...
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 11:04   Link #243
Miraluka
Banned

That time he saw Touma just like a normal human, but then ....
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 12:22   Link #244
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
Well, Aureolus once wanted to kill Touma with a simple "Die!" that Himegami Aisa stopped him (The first time he saw Touma). So my question is still there ...
I don't understand this question.... and too lazy to rewatch the scene. But if you elaborate I could remember it. Though I think Izzard did say to Aisa that die but it's more like her heart stop beating. So When touma touch her. it's been dispelled..... as for touma. I think suffocate... then touma put I.B. on his neck to dispelled it.

Well it actually interest me when you mentioned this. That it actually even hurt or manage to actually hit touma. Because it should have been distrupted already by I.B before reaching him but it still hit.

His I.B. still has many mysteries.
Old 2010-05-18, 17:35   Link #245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^ my theory was that after getting his arm chopped off, imagine breaker got the upgrade to dispell all minor ability/spell that affects his other body parts. Protecting him from stuff like psychic abilities or divine punishment. Or i could be wrong and that ars magna is really strong, either way we're off topic again
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 18:03   Link #246
tsunade666

Quote:
^ my theory was that after getting his arm chopped off, imagine breaker got the upgrade to dispell all minor ability/spell that affects his other body parts. Protecting him from stuff like psychic abilities or divine punishment. Or i could be wrong and that ars magna is really strong, either way we're off topic again
Nope, when his arm chopped that's the end for IB unless the author suddenly say their is. The only thing I know about that time is. Touma just figure out what's Ars Magna is and trying to scare Izzard until he wets his pants off.

And we really are always getting off topic. with too little character discussion thread but even if their is. It always gone astray.
Old 2010-05-18, 18:48   Link #247
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Nope, when his arm chopped that's the end for IB unless the author suddenly say their is. The only thing I know about that time is. Touma just figure out what's Ars Magna is and trying to scare Izzard until he wets his pants off.

And we really are always getting off topic. with too little character discussion thread but even if their is. It always gone astray.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=74615&page=18

About Touma keep the discussion here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=74615&page=18
Old 2010-05-19, 03:57   Link #248
LockeManuel

Quote:
From anime:
Aureoulus: "Shine"
Aisa *kaput*

He didn't talk much...
Old 2010-05-19, 10:45   Link #249
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
I don't understand this question.... and too lazy to rewatch the scene. But if you elaborate I could remember it. Though I think Izzard did say to Aisa that die but it's more like her heart stop beating. So When touma touch her. it's been dispelled..... as for touma. I think suffocate... then touma put I.B. on his neck to dispelled it.

Well it actually interest me when you mentioned this. That it actually even hurt or manage to actually hit touma. Because it should have been distrupted already by I.B before reaching him but it still hit.

His I.B. still has many mysteries.
Please answer me here (to avoid being off-topic ) http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=74615&page=19
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:29   Link #250
tsunade666

Quote:
It's not the ranking. I just use the numbers to replace the name.

The nature of misaka's ability is electricity and is within bounds by nature and physics.

The only one who could awaken are those who are not bound by the rules of nature and physics. Even if Accel and Kakine are espers their powers are replicate or rather has divine nature on them. Able them to create something from nothing and bend the rules of nature
on their own will.

Those two are specially made by Aleister. Though their is a plan behind those two and maybe he make two for a back up of each other. He did trick Kakine to make him full of anger towards accel.

Though if I say more it would be total off topic. we could continue this on accel's thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=90761&page=13
Aleister plan is to make Accel his new container or body and kakine is just a back up if accel would fail to meet is expectations. That's why their is a war occur on vol 15 inside academy city.
But that plan is a trick employ of Aleister for kakine to hate accel. (though I'm not sure if it's aleister is the one who said it or the professor but you could guess that the master mind is that guy in the test tube)

The war wages within academy city and that also serves as a training ground for accelerator. He did manage to awaken in vol 13 out of ... I don't know if anger or something or maybe of
wanting to save LO and all. But that's all, it's not perfect yet. So the ploy is to make Kakine who can has attain the level of partial awakening and accel that can also partially awaken. When the two clash and one is beaten. The one who's been left behind has the one who has full control of his awakening. Though kakine did manage to fully awaken and finally understand the nature of the awakening his been murdered right then and their at that time, so the secret isn't been revealed. well he did fight accel so you can imagine on what black wings mode accel did to seraphic wing mode kakine..... like a bird that's been ripped of its wings.
Old 2010-06-01, 10:48   Link #251
Miraluka
Banned

Kakine was a pawn for Aleister just to make growth Accelerator.
Old 2010-06-11, 05:52   Link #252
iceyfw

i'm not going to lie. i liked it more when accelerator was in the picture more than touma. in fact, seeing accelerators mini-arc was more enjoyable than probably half of the show. i loved how they showed his thoughts and him admitting that he was trying to have redemption for himself by saving little misaka.

the scene in episode 20 where accelerator was using all of his computation capacity to erase all traces of the virus while having a gun pointed at his head made me go "Holy shit. is he going to finish off killing the virus or save his own life?" when he thought about letting go. knowing accelerators personality at that point, it'd be pretty hard for a viewer to know what would happen next. what truly touched me though was his thoughts right as the bullet went for his head. it's been quite a while since i felt that when watching anime. i think the last one was FMA five years ago.

the rest of season one pretty much bored me after that arc was over.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 10:37   Link #253
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i'm not going to lie. i liked it more when accelerator was in the picture more than touma. in fact, seeing accelerators mini-arc was more enjoyable than probably half of the show. i loved how they showed his thoughts and him admitting that he was trying to have redemption for himself by saving little misaka.

the scene in episode 20 where accelerator was using all of his computation capacity to erase all traces of the virus while having a gun pointed at his head made me go "Holy shit. is he going to finish off killing the virus or save his own life?" when he thought about letting go. knowing accelerators personality at that point, it'd be pretty hard for a viewer to know what would happen next. what truly touched me though was his thoughts right as the bullet went for his head. it's been quite a while since i felt that when watching anime. i think the last one was FMA five years ago.

I won't disagree with you but....thats the thing that Touma always do every arc....-_-

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 07:37   Link #254
Sixth
Hu Tao

Don't you guys think that Accelerator is kinda a pitiful guy?

Despite that him being the strongest , he achieved nothing in his life.

No follower (fan clubs)
No money (I mean being rich)
No prestige (respect him instead of hate him)
No goal (He don't even know what he want to seek or fight for)

Even so, I still like him more than Touma as character...and I actually happy that his life become slightly better when he met LO but even so, the God (author) still think that Accelerator don't deserve to have happiness, thus LO robbed away from him...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 22:36   Link #255
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post

I also agree with you. Touma just seems mainly like a standard shounen protagonist who wants to protect everyone he comes across. Listening to his preaching gets tiring too. Touma does have his moments though, like in the Deep Blood arc, but mainly he's just predictable and kind of boring.

Compared to Touma, Accelerator is much more interesting because he appears as a villain everyone hates in the beginning. Then you begin to see how his dark and lonely past made him into that state, and how he himself decided to change after meeting the first one that would not treat him as a monster, but as a person. He gets stronger and stronger with every passing moment, and THAT is what makes him such a great character to watch.

Quote:
No follower (fan clubs)
No money (I mean being rich)
No prestige (respect him instead of hate him)
No goal (He don't even know what he want to seek or fight for)
Accelerator has tons of money since he's been in a LOT of experiments. He doesn't really have a use for money so it gets saved up. Although it's only been mentioned once in the light novels when
Spoiler for volume 12:

His goal is protecting Last Order.

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-06-16 at 22:45. Reason: various
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 00:22   Link #256
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Don't you guys think that Accelerator is kinda a pitiful guy?
Despite that him being the strongest , he achieved nothing in his life.
HE'S JUST A TEENAGER.
DON'T PUT SO MUCH STRESS ON HIM

*ahem*
After living a life where all people want to do is try to take out the strongest, the only thing he really cares for is for people to stop bothering him.

And, achieved nothing? I think it's quite the opposite!
He's been trying to set things straight by fighting scientists and stuff. (Shouldn't spoil more)
I mean, he may be getting into mischief, but those are definitely accomplishments.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 07:30   Link #257
tsunade666

but all his accomplishments lead to sacrifice and loneliness. Even taking on the dark path for himself he just couldn't even save a single girl..... poor guy.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:34   Link #258
Allexis

Accelerator, in general is interested in girls? Or he the impotent man...?
Allexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 08:24   Link #259
tsunade666

accelerator = lolicon
Old 2010-07-15, 08:42   Link #260
Allexis

He is excited by children???? ОО
I thought it imaginations of fans...
Allexis is offline   Reply With Quote