AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-01, 22:24   Link #181
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well, they coulda included a Saber/Rider/Caster bath catfight =X...
Old 2007-05-03, 14:27   Link #182
sharingan0619

caster?! who the hell wanna see her? she is not even in the league
sharingan0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 15:39   Link #183
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Caster is attractive, but shes like evil. Evil is a major no, no for me.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 15:56   Link #184
sharingan0619

right on, plus, i think rider, rin, and saber is already enough for me, not good to have too many girls at a time...jk
Old 2007-05-03, 20:19   Link #185
mlai

Caster is tres hot if you're an older man. She's barely 30 but that's prolly already too old for some of yous.

And she's not psychotic evil. If you know her story you'd know why she's the way she is. Caster actually has a really deep backstory and her characterization in FSN is very appropriate. It's just that the anime doesn't go into it.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 20:36   Link #186
sharingan0619

from my information
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-03, 20:52   Link #187
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Yeah when I heard about that it kinda made me think she was evil, lol.
Old 2007-05-03, 21:18   Link #188
Demongod86

Caster vs. Rin? Umum? Caster=blows Rin outta the water on looks. And Medea being evil? Didn't she get backstabbed the whole way through, so wasn't she more of a tragic figure?

Anyway, Rider/Saber/Caster FTW.
Old 2007-05-03, 22:00   Link #189
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

I am sticking by Saber!
Old 2007-05-04, 05:04   Link #190
sharingan0619

whatever guys, saber all the way through for me, others are just extra. i mean just looking at her on my collector's edition vol.1 makes me drool all over the place.
Old 2007-05-04, 07:44   Link #191
mlai

Can we please keep the the Saber love confessions private?

God, even in RL, it's annoying to hear guys who talk about their GFs. Remember how annoying Tom Cruise was?

Anyways, Medea was a young princess of a non-Greek country. Her ppl has a high affinity to magic. Her family is descended from the nymph Circe (the immortal witch who imprisoned Odysseus), hence her elf ears. She is of mostly human blood, though.

Jason (a young hero patroned by Hera the queen of the Greek gods) and his Argonauts came to her country to get the golden fleece. She fell in love with him, and helped him steal the golden fleece from her father's possession. She also helped him escape the pursuit of her father's navy. Hence the flashback of her sailing on the Argo (Jason's ship). She killed her own brother to help Jason escape. Depending on who tells the story, it was either an act of desperation to save Jason, or a coldly calculated act to maximize Jason's chances. Either way, she did it.

If you watched that NBC TV mini-series "Jason And The Argonauts," you know the story.

So, she gave up her family, her birthright, and everything she knew, to be with a young hero who she loved. This was a young woman who believed in true love with all her heart and soul.

It's important to note that the fleece quest was do-or-die for Jason. His success in life was entirely dependent on Medea's help at a critical low point in his life.

Medea and Jason had 2 children. But Jason changed. Or he was never such a great man to begin with. He decided to marry another princess in order to gain political power, and to ditch Medea. Oh, and he wanted to keep the kids.

Medea would have nothing left. She didn't even have a home to go back to. She did confront Jason about his betrayal. He had the nerve to tell her "I don't owe you anything. I owe my success in life to love (the concept)."

So she killed her own kids, and flew away. This was a time before divorce lawyers. In the fury of a woman scorned and stripped of everything in life, she took her revenge the only way she had left.

She remarried somewhere else in some backwater kingdom. She was dumped AGAIN by that king, when his son (a young hero patroned by the Greek gods) from a previous marriage came back home (a power struggle thing). At that point, she went back to her own country.

Everything that was soft and light, died in her when her children died. Back in her own country, she helped her uncle retake the lost throne by killing the usurper who had stolen power from her royal family. She lived the rest of her life in relative peace. She never remarried.

Examining her life story, it is easy to see why she holds heroes and their talk of justice and righteousness in utter contempt, why she disdains morality. Medea is a woman betrayed by her heroic and romantic ideals of youth. Just the sight of someone righteous like Saber must give her the urge to pluck all their limbs off like an insect. It also explains why she is so devoted to someone like Souichiro, a man who is completely amoral, and because of it has no priorities higher than her.
Old 2007-05-04, 11:57   Link #192
Immunis
Saber Lover

^ Sorry but couldn't resist =P, Free speech and all that jazz. Don't like it just skip it since this is fair warning.

I'm personally completely in love with Saber. She's had all the characteristics of my previous long term relationships. Blonde, beautiful, strong, kind, understanding, dependant at times, and so many other qualities. I'll find my Saber for life one day.
Immunis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 12:12   Link #193
mlai

I just get annoyed at ppl who gush about Saber yet show so little understanding of who she is as a person.
Old 2007-05-04, 14:57   Link #194
sharingan0619

hey hey fellas fellas, don't fight about this. or else this thread will get cut or sumthing bad will happen. we can all keep our saber love confessions to ourselves at the moment with occasional references to her ok? please, saber isn't a good subject to bicker over.
Old 2007-05-04, 17:18   Link #195
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

* Couph * <3 Saber!
Old 2007-05-05, 07:49   Link #196
sharingan0619

yeah....*cough* cough *choke* saber..cough*
for those of u that want to see more of saber, type-moon's other work called tsukihime has awhat you're looking for, arcueid brunstud.....almost like a second saber to me..
Old 2007-05-05, 13:38   Link #197
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Still <3 Saber.
Old 2007-05-05, 16:09   Link #198
sharingan0619

@jamezterr
i know u love saber, but uve got to have to be open minded to the other works of TM, honestly, if u focus so much on saber, then u're considered a saber dimwit, arcueid from tsukihime seriously is closer to saber than u think, and that's coming from a saber fan also.
Old 2007-05-05, 17:30   Link #199
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Still <3 Saber..
Old 2007-05-05, 17:55   Link #200
Demongod86

Saber's a cutie, but Rider and Caster are just complete homegirls. And they look best in bikinis =O.