AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 08:27   Link #8201
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Good to know. I enjoy a good debate but too many people go for the "Shut up *Insert curse word here*" after they can't find a way to defend their side.

@ Meister - Boku wa Tomdachi ga Sakunai! Now all we need is a boy crossdressing as a maid and a loli nun and we're all set!
Old 2011-11-18, 08:30   Link #8202
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Has there been any female in IS canon who is more than just acquaintances but not quite lovers with Ichika and does not melt into a swooning puddle?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 08:32   Link #8203
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Said "cross-dresser" is a girl. Therefore, Kei.

And remember what Max said about a loli-sensei?

So the missing one was actually Miria all along!

*runs*
Old 2011-11-18, 08:34   Link #8204
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I wonder how IS shields work against blades and other energy weapons.
Since Houki was able to clip the Silver Gospel's wings with a single slash of her leg saber I imagined that when Inami combats against Type-1 Golems using the Proioxis, it would turn out something like this.

Only minimal/no explosions, just them Golems dropping dead.

Also that video is from Gundam Unicorn episode 4, so watch at your own risk!
Old 2011-11-18, 08:35   Link #8205
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Just friends? Pfffft~ Yeah right, as if any of those perverted females wouldn't try to jump his bones the minute he's willing.

@ Meister - Max is Kodaka Man, I feel for him, teaching a class of weirdo's and agents

Side note - You don't mind if I give them cameo appearances in shadow right? I'll have to lower their roles now since you're already releasing your own fic. That means no more Ikaron
Old 2011-11-18, 08:42   Link #8206
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Miria is a *joke* character. I have no real reason to have her there... unless I resort to She's an Isper! card.

Go right ahead!
Old 2011-11-18, 08:50   Link #8207
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Miria is a *joke* character. I have no real reason to have her there... unless I resort to She's an Isper! card.

Go right ahead!
I'm warning you now, Max is gonna be a butt monkey along with Irish whenever they deal with Class 1-2. Max trying to woo over Yamada will also be a running gag in the story since he'll always end up epicly failing (That, and the fact that Irish doesn't want to call him dad).

The st@rs will just be IS academy students/Idol singers. No supernatural stuff and no ISper abilities. Irish attends one of their concerts for a mission and is one of the "lucky" guys chosen to go backstage (not planned, it was just random). Too bad he pretty much exposes himself as more than being your regular fan when he gets attacked by a drone unit.

Are these changes okay?
Old 2011-11-18, 09:01   Link #8208
Eratas123

@ Yachi - Part of your fic re-write is on the previous page.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:15   Link #8209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Since Houki was able to clip the Silver Gospel's wings with a single slash of her leg saber I imagined that when Inami combats against Type-1 Golems using the Proioxis, it would turn out something like this.
Line of impact. Since the sword has little or no breadth, there is no area of impact, hence the shield can resist the blade. However, very quick swipes with ridiculously sharpened blades can penetrate shields.

Blind Horizon is a sword, but a nanosword because it is something like a small tube which a stream of nanites, encased in a magnetic field, erupts from. And the nanites are circulating around the field following the direction of the magnetic current, so once it touches a solid surface, it becomes a 300,000 rps chainsaw that has 100 microscopic serrated teeth (actually circulating nanites) per nanometre.

And the sword is about a metre long. And invisible to the naked eye (not to nightvision goggles due to slight blueshifting) - so technically speaking Riselle can slice off your tie before you can shout "Issen!". Also, that is the key for her to summon her IS.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:27   Link #8210
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's all good. I wonder why only now that multiple versons of the same character is accepted whereas the previous concept got flamed to hell in Nanoha...

Delaying ffnet debut to tmr. Not going to rush this. Must make as big impact as possible. Head asplode is a small bonus.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:41   Link #8211
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Has there been any female in IS canon who is more than just acquaintances but not quite lovers with Ichika and does not melt into a swooning puddle?
So far only Tatenashi, Chifuyu and Maya. Even then Tatenashi and Chifuyu is.....questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Only minimal/no explosions, just them Golems dropping dead.

Also that video is from Gundam Unicorn episode 4, so watch at your own risk!
I remember that at the time it's shield has been weakened, that aside, ShenLong also didn't activate it's shield when Laura fired her railgun. So I guess you can't use shield when your weapon fires....maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Line of impact. Since the sword has little or no breadth, there is no area of impact, hence the shield can resist the blade. However, very quick swipes with ridiculously sharpened blades can penetrate shields.

Blind Horizon is a sword, but a nanosword because it is something like a small tube which a stream of nanites, encased in a magnetic field, erupts from. And the nanites are circulating around the field following the direction of the magnetic current, so once it touches a solid surface, it becomes a 300,000 rps chainsaw that has 100 microscopic serrated teeth (actually circulating nanites) per nanometre.

And the sword is about a metre long. And invisible to the naked eye (not to nightvision goggles due to slight blueshifting) - so technically speaking Riselle can slice off your tie before you can shout "Issen!". Also, that is the key for her to summon her IS.
EDIT: 100 microscopic saw per NANOMETER? What kind of sub-atomic saw are we talking about?

That said, most physical sword used as primary weapon in my story is High-frequency micro-saw as well (though instead of thin tube we have hollowed edge and microscopic prismatic teeth that rush along those small trench), that's why both Ichika's Yukihira and Rin's Soutengagetsu has glowing edges when activated (Friction with air). They had less powerful shield penetration power than Beam blade but the additional mass makes it good parrying/ blocking tools.

(though Yukihira is cheating that most of the mass slides backward in beam blade form, forming a handguard)

Secondary weapon like small CQC blade possessed by Char and Cecilia is nothing but a slab of metal, after all they're meant for defense.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-18 at 19:34.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:23   Link #8212
Eratas123

@ Zero - Maya my ass, she was going on about being "Chifuyu's sister in law" when Ichika had her in a thanks for the mammaries.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:26   Link #8213
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Maya my ass, she was going on about being "Chifuyu's sister in law" when Ichika had her in a thanks for the mammaries.
LOL unlike the rest Maya wasn't seriously after Ichika, she can be like that WITH ANYONE, including Max. She's heavily on the M side.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:43   Link #8214
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
LOL unlike the rest Maya wasn't seriously after Ichika, she can be like that WITH ANYONE, including Max. She's heavily on the M side.
I'll probably have to tone that down considering she's raising a kid to be her son. Acting like that at the slightest intimate contact is just going to make Irish have a hard time trusting her as a good parental figure.

......Then again, that might add more humor.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:51   Link #8215
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I'll probably have to tone that down considering she's raising a kid to be her son. Acting like that at the slightest intimate contact is just going to make Irish have a hard time trusting her as a good parental figure.

......Then again, that might add more humor.
Maya: "I-irish-kun, don't you want a father?"

Irish: "Don't care"

Maya: "Umm, you see, there's this male teacher... we... we... we did it"

Irish: "Did what"

Maya: "Ahh, no, not that far! Just..."

Irish: "............"
Old 2011-11-18, 19:59   Link #8216
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Maya: "I-irish-kun, don't you want a father?"

Irish: "Don't care"

Maya: "Umm, you see, there's this male teacher... we... we... we did it"

Irish: "Did what"

Maya: "Ahh, no, not that far! Just..."

Irish: "............"
Hahahahahahaha! That's perfect! I wish I can write a scene like that

Note - Specifically, I meant she doesn't really get flustered if Irish does the same thing. She's smart enough to tell that he has no perverted intentions considering his past and mannerisms. That and he only does it either by accident or when he's in extreme turmoil (Like crying into her chest when he's breaking down).

Side note -

Irish: *Looks at Max* You have 5 seconds till I stab this knife up your ass.

Max: H-Hey! Calm down now!

Irish: What's wrong "Dad",feeling nervous? I'm just welcoming you to the family.

Max: Can't we talk about this!?

Irish: 5...4...3...2

Max: *Runs away as fast as he can*
Old 2011-11-18, 20:07   Link #8217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I heard that Akatsubaki got a gun at some point? Was it due to second shift or did someone just hand her the gun? Or did the Akatsubaki develop one on its own without going into second shift or getting outside help.

thanks in advance to those who answer
Old 2011-11-18, 20:07   Link #8218
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, Maya is a hypersensitive walking libido detector, only someone who has no libido whatsoever didn't arouse her.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:09   Link #8219
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - It's some kind of crossbow I think, she got it during the golem fight in volume 7 when she was in danger.

@ Zero - That, and fact that she's (probably) not a shotacon. Won't stop the rumors though. Rememver, this is IS academy we're talking about here.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:15   Link #8220
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so it just popped up? no dramatic development or "oh wait I had this gun all along" moment or "here take this"?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest