AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 14:15   Link #3641
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

The two people above me said it already, but here's my two cents anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
What is so damn apparent is that Green Bay are terribly fragile in defense. Rodgers is carrying them - but he does have receivers that are very perceptive and react well to pressure.
That's how it's been through the entire season; we've been 31st in defense for quite some time now. Every game, it's simply come down to, "This is going to be a game of offenses, and ours is better." Fact is, Rodgers can't be stopped, so it doesn't matter how our defense is. If the opposing QB isn't playing at Rodgers' level, they're not going to win.
Old 2011-12-05, 18:47   Link #3642
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Donovan Mcnabb or Brett Favre possible future Bear?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...o-bears-called

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-go-with-caleb
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 19:11   Link #3643
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
It'd be cool for McNabb to end his career as a Bear. It'd be funny if Favre does -- that's considering: it was the Bears who ended his career last year in the first place.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:13   Link #3644
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Okay, now for the weekly predictions, the Playoff projections will come friday when I have the time.
Sorry this is late.

Quote:
Philadelphia at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: Bye, bye Eagles playoffs hopes. Hello normal Seahawks.
I'm hoping that The Seahawks go 8-8.

Quote:
Tennessee at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: None, as I classify this under my "I don't give a flying fuck" category.
And I don't give a flying fuck about the result, though I will admit that The Flaming Thumbtacks have been rather persistent.

Quote:
Kansas City at Chicago, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: One of contrarian picks, largely for the irony.
Irony indeed.

Quote:
Oakland at Miami, Winner: Oakland. Justification: The Raiders are looking playoff bound, despite all the shit they've gone through while The Deadfish are barely alive.
Well that was a spectacular blow-up. Yet I think if the game had gone on for another quarter, The Raiders would've made a comeback.

Quote:
Denver at Los Angeles, Winner: Denver. Justification: Tebow delivers another spectacular win, this time against The Los Angeles Dons.
The strange saga of Tim Tebow goes on…

Quote:
Indianapolis at New England, Winner: New England. Justification: The Colts have officially become the man whores of the NFL.
The Colts looked cute in their loss to The Patriots.

Quote:
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: I hate Pittsburgh.
I. HATE. PITTSBURGH.

Quote:
Carolina at Tampa Bay, Winner: Carolina. Justification: This will be another hope spot for The Panthers, but it won't mean that much overall.
Hope spot indeed, Cam Newton's Panthers will be a real threat once the coaching staff gets a team around him.

Quote:
New York (Jets) at Washington, Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: The Jets just barely keep themselves in the playoff race for one more week.
I was right.

Quote:
Atlanta at Houston, Winner: Houston. This is probably a bit contrarian, but everything's been contrarian for The Texans this year.
The Texans take another step towards their impossible dream.

Quote:
Baltimore at Cleveland, Winner: Cleveland. Baltimore's tendency to fall apart against losing teams comes back to bite them in the ass.
Why don't The Ravens make sense for once?

Quote:
Green Bay at New York (Giants), Winner: Green Bay. Justification: The Giants are falling apart, and The Packers aren't scheduled to pick up a loss until next week.
Green Bay wins…

Quote:
Dallas at Arizona, Winner: Dallas. Justification: A cheap win for the slaaneshi Cowboys, even if Tony Romo throws loads of interceptions.
The Cowboy show how epically awesome they are at snatching defeat from certain victory.

Quote:
St. Louis at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. The Niners are mad as fuck from their loss to Baltimore, so expect them to pull all the stops against The Rams, leading to The Niners second 30+ point blowout victory of the season.
No 30 points, but it was a blowout and a shut out.

Quote:
Detroit at New Orleans, Winner: Tossup. Justification: The Lions are the new Cardiac kitties, and so may pull a surprise out of their asses against The Saints.
Damn it, Detroit!

[QOUTE]San Diego at Jacksonville, Winner: San Diego. Justification: Oh god this going to be a horrible game, but The Chargers win because they're facing a team under .500 for the first time in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

And this game was horrible.

Now for this weeks predictions:

Quote:
Quote:
Cleveland at Pittsburgh, Winner: Cleveland. Justification: I. HATE. PITTSBURGH.
Since this game has already ended, I'll just say what I said on the other forum I frequent about this game:

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCKFUCKFUCKUFKCUFKCUKFFUCFUICUJFUCJFUCXJYFIduvi sofgcgjvbhdfi0-l!

I'm sorry about that, I just really hate Pittsburgh.

Houston at Cincinnati, Winner: Houston. Justification: I've written off The Bengals playoff hopes at this point.

Los Angeles at Detroit, Winer: Detroit. Justification: One step closer to getting their asses kicked in by The Saints again in the wild card round of the playoff.

New Orleans at Tennessee, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: Obvious.

Philadelphia at Miami, Winner: Miami. Justification: Go Muppets! Save your coach's job!

Kansas City at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: Obvious.

New England at Washington, Winner: New England. Justification: And again, obvious, though closer than The Patriots would like.

Atlanta at Carolina, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: I said it was a hope spot for The Panthers.

Tampa Bay at Jacksonville, Winner: Tampa Bay. Justification: My weekly "I don't give a fuck" game.

Indianapolis at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: obvious.

Chicago at Denver, Winner: Denver. Justification: The Tebowism will reach epic levels during this game.

San Francisco at Arizona, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: Another obvious win for the winning team.

Oakland at Green Bay, Winner: Oakland. Justification: Contrarian pick of the week.

Buffalo at San Diego, Winner: San Diego. Justification: San Diego's facing a loosing team.

New York (Giants) at Dallas, Winner: Dallas. Justification: I'm going with what my gut's telling me.

St. Louis at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: And one more time, obvious.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 02:50   Link #3645
solomon

Can I ask why you think the Viks are most likely to move to LA rather than SD or Oakland?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 03:14   Link #3646
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Can I ask why you think the Viks are most likely to move to LA rather than SD or Oakland?
The Vikings stadium issue are somewhat larger at this point than any other team, so a move for them is quite likely after the end of the season. The Chargers are probably are going to move to LA as well (since it's obviously a market that can support two teams, though they might not play in the same stadium), it's not going to be until after 2012. The Raiders have their short, medium, and long stadium issues worked out just fine, though they aren't going to say a peep about it for fear of jinxing it.
Old 2011-12-09, 03:49   Link #3647
solomon

Hmm interesting points.

In this age of austerity it does seem like the Viks have the roughest go of it. Plus naturally the NFL will heavily weigh in the favor of LA vs. the Twin Cities in terms of potential money bins.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if North Star Country found some money at the LAST MINUTE to build some sort of stadium to not piss off constituents. (Americans hate spending public money except for schools and private sporting enterprises)
Old 2011-12-09, 11:06   Link #3648
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Hmm interesting points.

In this age of austerity it does seem like the Viks have the roughest go of it. Plus naturally the NFL will heavily weigh in the favor of LA vs. the Twin Cities in terms of potential money bins.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if North Star Country found some money at the LAST MINUTE to build some sort of stadium to not piss off constituents. (Americans hate spending public money except for schools and private sporting enterprises)
I was actually thinking the other way around: in that the trauma of The Vikings leaving is exactly what spurs people in the Twin Cities into getting funding in place for a new NFL stadium, similar to what happened in Cleveland. (A Cleveland Browns solution is probably what's going to end up happening, with The Vikings taking their players and staff but not their records or their name to LA)
Old 2011-12-09, 12:41   Link #3649
GDB

Quote:
(A Cleveland Browns solution is probably what's going to end up happening, with The Vikings taking their players and staff but not their records or their name to LA)
It's quite likely, but then you have to wonder what team would become the new Vikings? The only team I could see moving to a place other than LA (in other words, don't count on the Raiders or Chargers) would be the Jaguars. Can't really see any other teams raising anchor.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 15:05   Link #3650
solomon

Pfft. Trauma. I love me some football but frankly people in Cleveland don't have much else to look forward too from their city, Minny does. We sure love throwing money at the prospect of throwing money at something. But that's another story.

It could be a Browns type situation but the NFL is adamant on not expanding and I don't blame them. That being said, I don't want to see Minny loose it's team. Oakland or SD seem like easier fits.

The Jags have a lease on their stadium until the END OF DAYS.

They aren't going anywhere.

Frankly It will be interestng to see a team in LA. Especially if the Farmer's Field goes up, there will be NO PARKING!!!
Old 2011-12-09, 15:20   Link #3651
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
New York (Giants) at Dallas, Winner: Dallas. Justification: I'm going with what my gut's telling me.
Need this win so badly after that 4th quarter clusterfuck and Newman killing us in OT...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 15:25   Link #3652
Kyuu
=^^=

If Tebow beats da Bears... I'm totally throwing in the towel this year.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 19:56   Link #3653
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's quite likely, but then you have to wonder what team would become the new Vikings? The only team I could see moving to a place other than LA (in other words, don't count on the Raiders or Chargers) would be the Jaguars. Can't really see any other teams raising anchor.
The New Vikings will be an expansion team, just like the Browns effectively were in 1998.

Quote:
Pfft. Trauma. I love me some football but frankly people in Cleveland don't have much else to look forward too from their city, Minny does. We sure love throwing money at the prospect of throwing money at something. But that's another story.

It could be a Browns type situation but the NFL is adamant on not expanding and I don't blame them. That being said, I don't want to see Minny loose it's team. Oakland or SD seem like easier fits.
I see that policy on not expanding changing soon for pragmatic reasons. As for Oakland, their stadium issues are a in a lot better shape than what appears to be the case on the surface, and their likely future home in San Francisco at Hunter's Point will be a better fit than what most people think. And as I've said before, The Chargers are moving to LA too, though like The Vikings they won't be keeping their records or name when they move.

Quote:
The Jags have a lease on their stadium until the END OF DAYS.

They aren't going anywhere.
I concur here, though they won't be doing much of anything during those years…

Quote:
Frankly It will be interestng to see a team in LA. Especially if the Farmer's Field goes up, there will be NO PARKING!!!
There's some parking nearby, but the expectation is that people are going to be taking public transit there (There's a light rail stop close by that will OSR access to Santa Monica, Long Beach, East LA and Pasadena within a few years, and TSR access to a bunch more far flung places). I remember one part of the report for stadium talks about plans for upgrading the station to handle all of the traffic it's going to be handling. (In the long run, The Pico station will obviously have to be upgraded to a subway station with Spanish solution platforms, but in the short term simply switching to a split platform format and adding some pocket tracks for layovers near the station should do the trick.)
Old 2011-12-09, 20:22   Link #3654
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Expansion team? Doubt it, pragmatic reasons or not, the NFL has the perfect division alignment going right now; 32 teams in 8 divisions. Add another team and it will be ruined. They know that much. I think Minnesota will get their new stadium, the state government has gone from being dead-set against it to actively trying to find ways to fund it in a matter of months.

The only way they expand is if Goodell is dead set on having oversea teams and nobody is willing to relocate, which hopefully won't happen.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-12-09 at 20:33.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:38   Link #3655
GDB

Quote:
The New Vikings will be an expansion team, just like the Browns effectively were in 1998.
Wouldn't you need at least another 7 teams? To make another division per conference, or add one team per current division? And why would the current Vikings need to move if the NFL would be willing to just toss up an expansion team? Why couldn't LA get the expansion team?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 20:49   Link #3656
Cyanoctopus
I'm Stupid
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Cyanoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
If Tebow beats da Bears... I'm totally throwing in the towel this year.
If tebow beats the bears I'll have renewed faith in my favorite team.
Old 2011-12-09, 22:02   Link #3657
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wouldn't you need at least another 7 teams? To make another division per conference, or add one team per current division? And why would the current Vikings need to move if the NFL would be willing to just toss up an expansion team? Why couldn't LA get the expansion team?
I think that the one of the two expansion teams that the NFL might set up in the next few years might end up playing in Los Angeles if The Chargers don't move there. And I do think that 40 teams is what the NFL will eventually strive for, they won't be pursuing it all that rapidly.
Old 2011-12-10, 13:04   Link #3658
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Should be an interesting Army * Navy game today. Hopefully Navy can shuck their 9 game losing streak.

Endless "Go Navy! Soul
Old 2011-12-10, 13:27   Link #3659
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Go Army! Beat Navy!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 18:09   Link #3660
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Navy wins 27-21.