AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 19:11   Link #301
GyroidFanatic

Put all that stuff into a folder (make one) inside the Japanese version folder.
Old 2008-09-03, 19:48   Link #302
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

to expand on what GyroidFanatic said a little bit, what you need to do is place the contents of the RAR/ZIP file inside a subfolder in the original japanese game folder.

In a default CD install, the game installs to c:\Program Files\07th_Expansion\higurashi4 and creates subfolders like "music" and "wav". You need to create another subfolder ("english" often goes well, since its so damn descriptive) and place the contents of the RAR/ZIP inside of that folder. In effect, you would be extracting the files to c:\Program Files\07th_Expansion\higurashi4\english

Once that is done, you should be able to run the onscripter-en.exe with no issues.

(of course, if its the CD version, [dont know about the download version] you can also download the Installer that I put together for the girls, as that puts stuffs in the right places, and even creates a cute Rena icon on your desktop )
Old 2008-09-13, 21:38   Link #303
Jaymer

>_>;;
Could someone do me a favour and mediafire/megaupload the demo installer?
Parental Controls are ebil and not letting me get to the dl sites. ;—;
Old 2008-09-16, 15:39   Link #304
Drake Phoenix
oro :O?

I Just wanted to thank you for your hard work. Now I can play game, not only watching pictures and listening to music XD. So do your best :*.

There was only one problem, when I saved game in moment where K1 talk about funeral (a the very begining), after loading this save there was no sound. I played once again and saved game in various places after train monologue and there wasn't any problem with sound so everything is okay but I wanted that you knew that.

p.s Does anyone understand me (I mean, am i writing good/bad/horrrible?) because I'm very good with reading and not bad with listening in English but when it comes to writing or speaking -especialy speaking ;p- ......... I want just to know how good or bad I am ^^
Old 2008-09-16, 16:25   Link #305
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Phoenix View Post
There was only one problem, when I saved game in moment where K1 talk about funeral (a the very begining), after loading this save there was no sound. I played once again and saved game in various places after train monologue and there wasn't any problem with sound so everything is okay but I wanted that you knew that.
Wait... You can actually save whenever you want just like in Umineko?! If that's the case, I feel extremely stupid right now because I always waited for the day to end so I could save.

Quote:
p.s Does anyone understand me (I mean, am i writing good/bad/horrrible?) because I'm very good with reading and not bad with listening in English but when it comes to writing or speaking -especialy speaking ;p- ......... I want just to know how good or bad I am ^^
You're not that bad, I could read and understand all of what you said without a problem.
Old 2008-09-16, 16:41   Link #306
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Smile

Quote:
That's actually a "bug" that happens in the original game as well; annoying, but nothing we can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Wait... You can actually save whenever you want just like in Umineko?! If that's the case, I feel extremely stupid right now because I always waited for the day to end so I could save.
Yes, you can save anytime there's a "clickwait" cursor (the little jittery triangle or page icon) by right-clicking to get the selection menu and selecting "Save". Note that the very first (squishy) part of the game has no clickwaits, so you don't get to save there.

Technically, you can save during the TIPS as well, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-09-19, 10:21   Link #307
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Well done!

You said you were interested in non-windows results, so:

I used the demo version of Higu and ran the installer with Wine. (okay)

I used Higurashi_Demo_-_Onikakushi_Day14.zip and ONScripter version 20080121(2.82) and got error message
--------------
ONScripter version 20080121(2.82)
Initialize JOYSTICK
Display: 640 x 480 (32 bpp)
Audio: 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo
command [language] is not supported yet!!
*** can't find file [Bmp\Efe\uoncur.bmp] ***
*** can't find file [Bmp\Efe\uoffcur.bmp] ***
*** can't find file [Bmp\Efe\doncur.bmp] ***
*** can't find file [Bmp\Efe\doffcur.bmp] ***
command [linkcolor] is not supported yet!!
*** can't find file [uoncur.bmp] ***
*** can't find file [uoffcur.bmp] ***
--------------

I can run onscripter-en.exe with Wine or by rebooting, though.
Old 2008-09-19, 14:43   Link #308
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hi rogerpepitone,

You need to use Haeleth's build of ONScripter-EN, not one of Ogapee's ONScripter builds - Ogapee's code doesn't yet support our multiple-path feature, among other things.

You can get the latest ONScripter-EN version (source code, I'm afraid) here: http://dev.haeleth.net/onscripter.shtml

Old 2008-09-19, 18:15   Link #309
rogerpepitone

Ah. Ubuntu's apt-get repositories have the Ogapee build. And there's no biggie about a source download; I use Linux because I'm a programmer.

Side question: I didn't notice any mention of the date (1-5, 9-14) within your translation; where are you getting it?

Last edited by rogerpepitone; 2008-09-19 at 18:16. Reason: add question
Old 2008-09-19, 18:41   Link #310
tobiast88
No patience for fools

It's the name of the chapters in the menu: each chapter is named for the day it covers. (Unlike Umineko, for example, which has chapter names in the menu, time being indicated with a creepy ticking clock between chapters)
Old 2008-09-19, 20:05   Link #311
rogerpepitone

Is the menu only shown in the commercial version?
Old 2008-09-19, 20:10   Link #312
chronotrig

Yes, the menu only shows up after you get through the whole story (or use the scenario unlock) in the full version of the game.
Old 2008-09-19, 20:11   Link #313
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

The menu gets shown in both versions once you've "cleared" a scenario, allowing you to jump to a particular chapter within that finished arc. That's where we got the Day titles. (The commercial version allows you to unlock earlier scenarios.)

Old 2008-09-23, 23:24   Link #314
Keriaku
Thought Being

Not to be insulting, but I really don't like the way Rika's speaking was retranslated. Is there any particular reason for this? And does it continue throughout the series?
Old 2008-09-24, 09:55   Link #315
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Not to be insulting, but I really don't like the way Rika's speaking was retranslated. Is there any particular reason for this? And does it continue throughout the series?
I don't like it either but just do like me and replace ", yes." by "nano desu!" each time she says it.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:36   Link #316
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
I don't like it either but just do like me and replace ", yes." by "nano desu!" each time she says it.
Well why didn't they just keep some cute 'gibberish' phrase like that, instead of yes? Everytime I read it is seems like she's asking a question or something.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:54   Link #317
tobiast88
No patience for fools

And how would you propose it be translated ? I said it would be better to keep it intact, à la Rena's "hauu", but they like to anglicize a little more than me.
Old 2008-09-24, 17:43   Link #318
Keriaku
Thought Being

I think exactly what you said would've been better, they should've kept it intact. I know close to no japanese at the moment so I don't have a better way to 'translate it', but I don't think it needs to be.

All I'm saying is the 'yes' doesn't sound right at all
Old 2008-09-24, 17:51   Link #319
tobiast88
No patience for fools

Well, if you don't know japanese, I don't think you're qualified to judge. "nano desu" doesn't sound right AT ALL in japanese either.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:11   Link #320
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiast88 View Post
Well, if you don't know japanese, I don't think you're qualified to judge. "nano desu" doesn't sound right AT ALL in japanese either.
Yes but her "nano desu" is cute for that very same reason. "Yes"... not so much.

Anyway, I don't really mind about it. It's just that I prefer her original line.
Closed Thread