AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 6 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 7.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 48.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-27, 09:26   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Vampire Knight Guilty - Episode 4 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vampire Knight Guilty, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-10-27, 14:35   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Is it my imagination, or are the episodes getting better? In any case, strong developments and sweet angst, even viewed in the small-size (but decent quality) version. And the next couple of episodes are going to be even better. I loved how they did the two pools of blood.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-29, 06:30   Link #3
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Pretty nice. Finally some plot. Yuki tries to find her memories but somehow is stopped whenever she gets close. And the hidden enemy slowly shows itself. And ugghhh...the return of that she-male (?) hunter leader. The hunter group is definitely up to something. Interesting indeed
Old 2008-10-29, 10:14   Link #4
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Episode Summary?
Old 2008-10-29, 12:18   Link #5
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

interesting stuff. ep summary:
Zero, Yuuki, Yagari-sensei, chairman visit hunter association headquarters
Shiki is introduced to his father
Yuuki sees strange things (possibly related to her past)
Ichijo visits his grandfather, sees "my lord"

basically it. the yuuki x zero moments are drawn out a little

manga readers know that the real fun is about to start soon.
Old 2008-10-29, 14:21   Link #6
LKK

Probably the best episode of the second season so far in my opinion. Zero is not being overly angsty although Yuuki makes up for that to a degree. Plot development plus some cliffhanger moments. (Athough I can guess their immediate resolutions. Disclaimer: The anime is ahead of where I am in the manga, so I don't know for sure the resolutions.) Nice involvement in the story by the minor characters as well as the major characters. They have real functions to fulfill in the episode. Best of all the animation stayed consistent. (Much relieved on that count.) I'll give the episode an 8.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-10-30, 05:55   Link #7
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This has been three episodes in a row that have been really good. This is no longer a coincidence. Guilty is exceeding all my expectations.

Although I rue to speculate what's going to happen next, but even the imagery in this episode was really evocative. Baths filled with blood, a room full of blood drenched tomes, pages from books spontaneously combusting, ghostly figures and a rose that blooms once every ten years. They're getting the atmosphere right in this season, which is a real improvement on the last where it was kinda inconsistent.
Old 2008-10-30, 22:01   Link #8
lightbringer
M9000

Things are moving pretty fast this season. That's a Good Thing (tm). Especially after how mediocre last season turned out on all fronts.

I'd say this episode was pretty good overall. They managed a decent cliffhanger, although some of the extra scenes were a bit superfluous. But that's how most people feel when their beloved manga gets adapted as anime, so I'm willing to cut them some slack here. Just a bit.
Old 2008-10-31, 07:21   Link #9
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
PLEASE MARK THIS SPOILER CORRECTLY THIS IS A GIANT SERIES SPOILER IT WILL RUIN THE ANIME FOR ANIME WATCHERS ONLY

Anyway decent episode the pacing isnt exactly to my liking but they are doing the best they can with limited episodes so its really not that bad. I love how the pieces are finally coming together. The real villain has finally reared his ugly head and its going to get wicked nasty soon. Yuuki is starting to recover bits and pieces of her memory but cant quite make out majority of things and its very obvious to her now that someone is trying to stop her from regaining those memories. The scene with her and Zero in her bedroom was touching as Yuuki showed some real weakness and leaned on Zero for a bit. Even after Zero begins to feed on her she does not resist much to the disappointment on Zero. I am still annoyed at Yuuki's indecisiveness but she does have the best intentions at heart she just cant see when she thinks shes helping Zero shes hurting him (correction she realized it this episode) but Kaname still rules her thoughts and she cant have it both ways.

8/10

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-01 at 07:03. Reason: True but quoting the spoiler doesn't help :)
Old 2008-11-01, 11:13   Link #10
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Great episode.

And we finally reached the villian!
We're surely getting to the juicy parts and I can't wait for the next few episodes. But I'm guessing there's going to be some fillers to stall it a bit or maybe it'll be afterwards after all the secrets are out. I always thought Vampire Knight's second part was way better than the first ( manga-wise and anime-wise ) That just shows great improvement of the series.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-08, 18:49   Link #11
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rondo Night IV. The Devil's Quickening ~Libido~

This was one of the most interesting episodes for the second season, since the plenty developments moved the plot's progress fairly quickly.

Remember the little vampire boy who tranced Yuuki at the ball party in the second episode....
Spoiler:

The main focus of the episode, however, is Yuuki's quest to search for her missing past. A cascade of memories which have been haunting her in dreams and cannot shake loose off.
Who was she before that fateful night? and why doesn't Yuuki recall at all any events before meeting Kaname that night?

I get a really bad feeling, because the more they shroud Yuukis' memories the more it builds within me a gut feeling that the revelation, which I'm already suspecting about, is going to be predictable and thus substracting suspense for the mood.

Last thing is about the curse of the twins, which has quite got on the nerves of Kaien and Zero's master. Why they should not be twins borned from vampire hunters?
And the Vampire's Association President is not shaking off the fact that Zero might turn at any moment into a level E.
Closed Thread