AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-09, 21:21   Link #1321
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

say what, there's an ova?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 21:27   Link #1322
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
say what, there's an ova?
ova = as in the "mini-anime specials" that comes with dvds/bds...
that's just 2nd ova/special preview.
Old 2011-03-09, 21:57   Link #1323
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont want to answer that in the anime thread. Id be happy to PM you the answer if you want.
Actually, that scene was shown in the anime in episode 9.

@Crimson Cloud: As for your question...

Spoiler for episode 09:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 00:58   Link #1324
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

Secondly, the next arc is going to fill up TWO volumes, and knowing many of the fan reactions who already read that arc, there won't be much positive reception. It won't be popular, that's for sure.
Atleast this "next" arc generates a good amount of discussion and is important to develop the characters, but now they changed a bit too much in the anime to make this next arc a bit enjoyable, if they ever animate the next arc i disagree it wont be popular, i think it has the possibility to be but not in a good way though ^^"
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 05:27   Link #1325
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Perhaps this show doesn't push the right buttons for its target audience, but I'm finding the angsty human relations quite satisfying. And the fighting works for me, even though I am not a huge fan of fighting, normally.

This is clearly in direct competition with Infinite Stratos, which most people apparently prefer. But for me that is a shallow show, with uninteresting characters and human relations. Freezing has a lot more real human passion.

I'm not saying it's a classic, but it has some great intense moments.
For me, it's a matter of overall package. Both shows are pretty lame on the plot and writing end. However, IS benefits from well processed art, good animation, and some outstanding staging during mecha scenes.

Also, each episode happens to be tightly paced and well balanced in terms of harem antics versus action. While some viewers (myself included; the show's Achilles' heel would definitely be the words that come out of each character's mouth, along with the lack of any decent plot) may cringe when seeing the former, there's enough quality action to impress.

OTOH, I find Freezing to be mediocre in all aspects. The character interactions don't annoy me as much, but the show also suffers from rough art, jerky animation, and horribly unimaginative storyboards (lots of close ups and tracking shots, not much else). To those who can't get into the characters and/or story, there's little redeeming value.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 11:50   Link #1326
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hm hmm well I guess this is perfect timing then. I confess I'm having a hard time getting myself to watch this series. It's really embarrassing where I left off, but really, I somehow can't seem to get... excited enough to watch it. I don't seem to be having this problem with other series on now, but it's just this series... I would cry "no time!" considering that's something I don't have much of these days, but as I mentioned earlier, other series tingle my spine except this one. By the way, I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice the odd handling of the storyboard, considering how much I loved that last spring

So someone please, give me 2 reasons that don't have the keywords "twintail", "Ganessa", "ponytail", and "Annette", 2 reasons that explain the drive I'm missing to continue watching

Here's a fun fact: I missed about 700 posts worth of fun discussion. Oh wait, that's not a fun fact at all...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:17   Link #1327
Seihai
スマイリウム

Satella? Rana? Cathy? Awesome fights (which start with episode 6)? And if you found the fanservice unjustified, you have the infamous episode 8 that makes up for it. And well, it has a plot and all (more of one compared to IS imo), it's just executed poorly, though Satella's past revelation and the recent episodes were really good imo. And the VA cast is also very enjoyable, or so I think.
Old 2011-03-10, 21:03   Link #1328
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
it has a plot and all (more of one compared to IS imo), it's just executed poorly...
IMO, IS doesn't really need to have a "solid" plot/whatever to sustain itself...
just like Strike Witches/Sky Girls, it's all about tha gi-- *cough* err, all about the characters and their interactions. With some flashy mecha-musume action here and there, and fanservice of course.
Hope ya don't watch Strike Witches for the "plot" ...

Freezing only started to show its true potential in ep9, but that's still not enough for me to enjoy this more than IS...
let's see if next ep will make me change my mind.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:03   Link #1329
mangatron

So basically, the latter eps is where it's at. Since I already knew about the plot and am definitely not watching it for that (har har), lets's say for example, if I were to jump to say, ep 7 or 8, I'm not really missing much, am I? Considering I have a strong feeling not much differed from the manga...
Old 2011-03-10, 22:10   Link #1330
Dahak86
Classics never age

I'd say: skip 7 and watch ep8
ep8 fanservice was nice and truly refreshing from the usual bullying... well, I laughed quite a bit watching it, mostly thanks to Attia.
but yeah, if you don't feel like watching the "outfit contest", feel free to skip it.
Old 2011-03-11, 00:35   Link #1331
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

I've always wondered in both the anime and the manga at this point is where are all the teachers and the pandoras from the past? Surely they would have quite a few of them instead of having to use completely inexperienced students?

Might be missing something major here so sorry if its a dumb question
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:58   Link #1332
kujoe
from head to heel

I think it would be interesting if Kazuya gets to meet his elder sister's limiter. Maybe he can even learn a new thing or two from the guy.

It's one of those things that one expects to happen in the story, but so far it hasn't even been hinted at yet.

Where indeed did all those previous pandoras and limiters go? They couldn't have all been killed in action, right?
Old 2011-03-11, 05:32   Link #1333
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I'd say: skip 7 and watch ep8
ep8 fanservice was nice and truly refreshing from the usual bullying... well, I laughed quite a bit watching it, mostly thanks to Attia.
but yeah, if you don't feel like watching the "outfit contest", feel free to skip it.
Thanks, I guess I'll do that. Fanservice always gets my hopes "up", I mean, you know,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Where indeed did all those previous pandoras and limiters go? They couldn't have all been killed in action, right?
Some are out in a obscure location in the countryside, in a log cabin pretending there is peace and quiet despite the ongoing wars.

No seriously, it's a good question. One of the irks of Dal Young works I never liked. On the question of Big sis's limiter, if I remember this correctly, we never saw him in that flashback way early in the series, did we? I wonder if she even had one at all, considering the partner relationship this series has going between Limit-Pando, you'd think Kaz at one point would also remember the guy if there ever is one, and either hate him (for taking big sis away) or admire him (for being big sis's Limit).

Oh well......I almost forgot, I'm not in this for the plot
Old 2011-03-11, 08:39   Link #1334
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wait, that an interesting question. Did Kazuha have a Limiter? And if she did, what happen to him? Not once since i read the manga did i think about this.
Old 2011-03-11, 10:38   Link #1335
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
IMO, IS doesn't really need to have a "solid" plot/whatever to sustain itself...
just like Strike Witches/Sky Girls, it's all about tha gi-- *cough* err, all about the characters and their interactions. With some flashy mecha-musume action here and there, and fanservice of course.
Hope ya don't watch Strike Witches for the "plot" ...

Freezing only started to show its true potential in ep9, but that's still not enough for me to enjoy this more than IS...
let's see if next ep will make me change my mind.
Yeah I only meant to say that it doesn't have one, which is okay because it isn't actually needed like you say. And yeah I don't want any plots in Sky Girls or Strike Witches, I want it as flat and small as possible.

I enjoy both in their own way. I'm probably too optimistic about this but I can simply forgive poor executions to an extend. As long as things don't keep getting worse and worse (fortunately it gets better in this case) I can accept it... well, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So basically, the latter eps is where it's at. Since I already knew about the plot and am definitely not watching it for that (har har), lets's say for example, if I were to jump to say, ep 7 or 8, I'm not really missing much, am I? Considering I have a strong feeling not much differed from the manga...
Just jump to episode 8 and start from there. If you have any questions, I'm sure people will be nice enough to tell you.
Old 2011-03-11, 12:53   Link #1336
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Wait, that an interesting question. Did Kazuha have a Limiter? And if she did, what happen to him? Not once since i read the manga did i think about this.
It certainly is interesting. If Kazuha did not have one, then I can see the strong resemblance of Satell not wanting one. Or maybe I'm thinking too much and it's all coincidental

Some day they're going to have to cover that, because that's one detail that would be embarrassing if it is not explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Just jump to episode 8 and start from there. If you have any questions, I'm sure people will be nice enough to tell you.
Sounds like a good idea. I also thought it'd be a good idea to watch the missed eps in their original aspect ratio instead of that cropped one. I'm still wondering if that Ganessa eyecatch hit the web in it's full size
Old 2011-03-11, 13:15   Link #1337
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can speculate that perhaps she didn't need a limiter. since having so many stigmas made her more "nova like," and novas can generate and break through freezing fields by themselves, it may not be necessary for her to have one.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:20   Link #1338
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Where are all the professional pandoras? What was it called the chevalier? Wouldn't they be the first ones to attack the Novas instead of pandoras still in training?
Old 2011-03-11, 13:23   Link #1339
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

3rd and 4th years are considered "reserves" in the event the Chevaliers don't get there. I would assume no one expects Novas to attack a school for pandoras, so they were stationed elsewhere.

Old 2011-03-11, 18:25   Link #1340
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i can speculate that perhaps she didn't need a limiter. since having so many stigmas made her more "nova like," and novas can generate and break through freezing fields by themselves, it may not be necessary for her to have one.
That's kind of hard to believe, seeing how seniors seem to all have one. At that point, it's probably difficult to operate as a senior with all the Novas and rivalry that goes on. Then again, you could be right.

Actually, I'm surprised that the question of Kazuha's limiter hasn't been asked yet.

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen