AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-06, 12:53   Link #3001
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Clearly that's really why I have an issue with it >_>

Has nothing to do with wanting a coherent narrative in which characters behave somewhat realistically...

The fact that you find no issues with text msg traitor girl and Girard just shows you either live in a bubble or you are just taking the opposite stance as me every time for the sake of arguing. Military personnel and their dependents have access to good healthcare, so to have a pilot become a spy to pay for healthcare is dumb and makes no sense.
Old 2012-09-06, 14:09   Link #3002
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

The feds are corrupt and wont pay out health insurance, hurrdurr subplot
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 14:20   Link #3003
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Clearly that's really why I have an issue with it >_>

Has nothing to do with wanting a coherent narrative in which characters behave somewhat realistically...

The fact that you find no issues with text msg traitor girl and Girard just shows you either live in a bubble or you are just taking the opposite stance as me every time for the sake of arguing. Military personnel and their dependents have access to good healthcare, so to have a pilot become a spy to pay for healthcare is dumb and makes no sense.
What's wrong with Girard? Crazy waifu wanting to get revenge in the name of her dead husband sounds plausible to me.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 16:09   Link #3004
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
What's wrong with Girard? Crazy waifu wanting to get revenge in the name of her dead husband sounds plausible to me.
She took the worst possible course of action which resulted in many deaths, including her own. That was very dumb and irrational when all she needed to do was go up the chain of command with the recording. She would eventually get up to the big shots, and even if they said the same thing as the base commander, which I seriously doubt Algreus would do, then she could always leak it to the media. Once they got involved, there would have to be a formal investigation, Simmons would get caught, the base commander and others would lose their jobs, perhaps even go to jail, and she'd get real justice for Girard.
Old 2012-09-07, 02:42   Link #3005
Raysoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
She took the worst possible course of action which resulted in many deaths, including her own. That was very dumb and irrational when all she needed to do was go up the chain of command with the recording. She would eventually get up to the big shots, and even if they said the same thing as the base commander, which I seriously doubt Algreus would do, then she could always leak it to the media. Once they got involved, there would have to be a formal investigation, Simmons would get caught, the base commander and others would lose their jobs, perhaps even go to jail, and she'd get real justice for Girard.
She reported it to that commander, not knowing that she will be bribed/promoted just to be silent about the incident. And taking action might cause her more trouble, hence a corrupted federation. Remember what happened to Grodek when he tries to give some leak to Flit? That could also happen to Girard.
Old 2012-09-07, 03:51   Link #3006
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
lol i have to stop reading about Gundam AGE hate.... its true most of the hate about age is due to poor character development as all hated anime shows...

to me from what i observe on viewers reaction and my liking for AGE is that

Gundam AGE is more Plot-Driven Story since it tackles 3 generations and a lot of story elements from previous gundam shows since it has more sub-plots that made most character development somewhat lacking and not likable by many take for example Wendy remember her? Kio's girlfriend or Girard Spriggan that only lasted at least 2 episodes? so ye...

Gundam 00, Seed, etc in the other hand has more of Character-Driven Story their are longer and enough character development and character interactions that most viewers can relate too and dream of and made characters more memorable

to me im more of a Plot-Driven Story viewer so i like Gundam AGE
Same here. Personally I think AGE is the only other series with potential for good side stories, that aren't too spaced. We already have Asemu's tale with SID indicated the anime and featured in the manga side story. We also have a lot of gap year for each character that can be exploited and of course the various MS that were shown only briefly in the show.
Overall the concept for AGE has a much better layout than recent gundam-takes, in my opinion. A lot of the other AU series and their side stories feel like patch work and doesn't really feel being part of it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 09:14   Link #3007
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
She reported it to that commander, not knowing that she will be bribed/promoted just to be silent about the incident. And taking action might cause her more trouble, hence a corrupted federation. Remember what happened to Grodek when he tries to give some leak to Flit? That could also happen to Girard.
For the record Grodeck was assassinated because he was getting to close to the truth behind the mars colony cover-up. Flit eventually located the culprit and had them executed as traitors.

In Renai's case it doesn't matter what the base commander would've done since she was being manipulated by that turncoat coward.

Quote:
Gundam AGE is more Plot-Driven Story since it tackles 3 generations and a lot of story elements from previous gundam shows since it has more sub-plots that made most character development somewhat lacking and not likable by many take for example Wendy remember her? Kio's girlfriend or Girard Spriggan that only lasted at least 2 episodes? so ye...
The problem with AGE is that there are characters and plots that occur and the viewer has to ask, "what was the point?"

They don't have a lot of time and they waste it with characters that had little to contribute or even if they do they aren't.

In Flit's case, everything was paced okay no problem (Loss of colony and Yurin pushed Flit over the edge).

In Asemu's case......I dunno but it was somewhat okay.

By Kio's case.....it seems to have gotten worse. We got Arisa's kid who I thought would've been co-piloting the AGE 3 with Kio. Shanuala was forgotten after she died and it felt like her words didn't go with Kio.

I mean in cases like Renai, it would've made more sense to me if Kio could've used his x-rounder powers to get to her and see why she was so mad. Instead Zeheart got that scene and to top it off it was the base commander who scammed her so it kinda washed the Federations' hands clean in that part.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 11:24   Link #3008
Meltyred

There was no point to Largan (well in the manga or novel I think he died so it's fine to treat him as non existent I guess)

Kio's arc.... We get Wootbit, who at first disliked Kio, magic happened they became friends and he suddenly vanishes. Wonderful. Then we have people like that random Yes boy of Zehearts. What is the point of him when you have Fram....
Oh and Zera Gins, the so called GREATEST VEIGAN PILOT EVER.
I mean Zeheart could have filled out any role played by him, and Ezelcant basically says in the show that he screwed up and Zera Gins isn't really that important....
And they recycled so many characters for future generations, because they realised they introduced them in a earlier arc for no reason. (I'm looking at you Dique and Yunoa)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:22   Link #3009
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

That yes boy is Leil Leight, valuable subordinate #2, and he is probably going to kill Cedric with his hand-me-down Girargha...
Old 2012-09-08, 15:53   Link #3010
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
There was no point to Largan (well in the manga or novel I think he died so it's fine to treat him as non existent I guess)

Kio's arc.... We get Wootbit, who at first disliked Kio, magic happened they became friends and he suddenly vanishes. Wonderful. Then we have people like that random Yes boy of Zehearts. What is the point of him when you have Fram....
Oh and Zera Gins, the so called GREATEST VEIGAN PILOT EVER.
I mean Zeheart could have filled out any role played by him, and Ezelcant basically says in the show that he screwed up and Zera Gins isn't really that important....
And they recycled so many characters for future generations, because they realised they introduced them in a earlier arc for no reason. (I'm looking at you Dique and Yunoa)
they didnt really recycle alot of characters, just the Asuno's that made cameos, and yeah, Dique, Woolf, Millias.

What i don't understand is why they didnt keep the bloody bridge crew for atleast 2 generations, that would make sense, you know, develop them a bit.

Largan would've made a perfect Obright if they kept him in the show
Old 2012-09-09, 05:00   Link #3011
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2012-09-09, 05:12   Link #3012
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
they didnt really recycle alot of characters, just the Asuno's that made cameos, and yeah, Dique, Woolf, Millias.

What i don't understand is why they didnt keep the bloody bridge crew for atleast 2 generations, that would make sense, you know, develop them a bit.

Largan would've made a perfect Obright if they kept him in the show
Largan appeared in memories of Sid, for awhile, then vanished once Asemu hijacked the manga.
How great = =
And yeah changing the bridge crew was unnecessary = =.
At least tell us what happened to them sheesh.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:37   Link #3013
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A black Zeydra and a ball with arms, not too impressive.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:20   Link #3014
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

the Zeydra/Khronos is a awesome design tho, but the ball is just .. what? there is no point too it, lol
Old 2012-09-09, 07:58   Link #3015
overloard

Yeah, the ball is by far the ugliest vehicle in the whole series, even worse than the shovel-wielding Desperado from the Fardain arc.
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:15   Link #3016
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Well, the Desperado actually had a purpose, being a civilian mobile suit and all.

The Gurdolin though, it serves no purpose at all. Then again, AGE has a habit of introducing things that serves no purpose.
Old 2012-09-09, 08:23   Link #3017
overloard

Well, what purpose do you think it should serve? However ridiculous it's looking, it still custom made MS for supposedly ace pilot, so defeating it gives Seric some meaningful achievement.
Old 2012-09-09, 09:52   Link #3018
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

uh? no it isnt? he was on the way to a purple dorado when the mechanic said it wasnt ready yet, so he took the useless ball instead and went out
Old 2012-09-09, 10:37   Link #3019
overloard

My mistake. The ball wasn't specifically made for him, but still, it some sort of prototype machine and seeing how he slaughtered grunts left and right it's obviously quite powerful. The thing served its purpose after being defeated by Seric and making him look cool, so i fail to see what's so useless about it.
Old 2012-09-09, 12:22   Link #3020
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ball
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote