AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 10:54   Link #2261
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Highest ranking so far. Even above chapters 1 and 2 of the series. Guess that means Japan likes these chapters even more than what some people claimed was the peak for this manga in chapters 1 and 2. Zenkichi wasn't even in this chapter either. A couple more arguments go down in flames.
Old 2010-04-15, 01:41   Link #2262
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
#20 (19/04) :
Gintama (Lead Color & cover)
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Toriko
Nurarihyon (Color)
Reborn
Medaka
Bakuman (Color)
Beelzebub
Hokenshitsu
Inumaru
Sket Dance
Psyren (Color)
Lock On!
Kochi
Yotsuya
Kuroko
Hunter
Kashikoi
Jaguar

Well look at that, Medaka is one spot away from the top five.
well that's amusing. what chapter is this supposed to reflect?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 07:44   Link #2263
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
well that's amusing. what chapter is this supposed to reflect?
That would be for chapter 40 (7 chapters behind the one coming out, which is 47). It was the Koga background chapter. What can I say, people like boobs. :P
Old 2010-04-15, 08:35   Link #2264
Westlo
Lets be reality

Zenkichi's clearly holding the series back in ratings!

Quote:
*9, *71,995 *,*71,995 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18
10, *69,734 *,*69,734 Beelzebub vol.5
11, *69,211 *,*69,211 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *68,014 *,*68,014 Sket Dance vol.13
13, *63,570 *,*63,570 Medaka Box vol.4
2nd week sales are in.

*9, *55,262 *,123,276 Sket Dance vol.13
10, *54,495 *,126,490 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18
11, *53,268 *,122,479 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
12, *52,671 *,122,405 Beelzebub vol.5
14, *42,285 *,105,855 Medaka Box vol.4
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 12:21   Link #2265
Homura7

Raw is out

Spoiler for Ch.47:

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-15 at 13:18.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 13:32   Link #2266
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Zenkichi's clearly holding the series back in ratings!
It's not Zenkichi, it rather the fact that the author focuses more on Medaka and Medaka alone. The serie gets higher rates when we get more depth about other characters aside from Medaka, may it be a antagonist or protagonist. I remember the serie getting out of the worst 5 for the first time in a long time when Zenkichi finally got the chance to fight an abnormal.... so how is Zenkichi holding back the serie ratings again?

Spoiler for chap47:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 13:39   Link #2267
Homura7

^Pfft, why would you care for sales ratings when they will eventually rise as the days pass... It's not Medaka nor Zenkichi what makes the sales rise but the general content of the volume. Seriously, as if readers would buy the volumes only for one or two characters, that's dumb. Got it?
Old 2010-04-15, 13:46   Link #2268
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
^Pfft, why would you care for sales ratings when they will eventually rise as the days pass... It's not Medaka nor Zenkichi what makes the sales rise but the general content of the volume. Seriously, as if readers would buy the volumes only for one or two characters, that's dumb. Got it?
^I don't, i've never cared for the sales ratings, only the WSJ ratings but that statement about Zenkichi being the one responsible was ridiculous.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:49   Link #2269
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^I don't, i've never cared for the sales ratings, only the WSJ ratings but that statement about Zenkichi being the one responsible was ridiculous.
This I agree. Medaka Box has progressed so high in the last chapters that I don't even remember the last time it fell for two consecutive weeks in the bottom 5.

Quote:
Spoiler for chap47:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-04-15, 14:10   Link #2270
Lummie

Quote:
This I agree. Medaka Box has progressed so high in the last chapters that I don't even remember the last time it fell for two consecutive weeks in the bottom 5.
This happened when Nisio decided to give the other members of the student council a chance to prove themselves (Akune, Zenkichi). I remember the serie being in the worst 5, even after Medaka fought senior Takachiho.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-15, 14:18   Link #2271
Homura7

Quote:
Spoiler:
The kids you're talking about are currently witnessing the battle in the main floor. They have been ordered to keep the entrance in check in case another intruder suddenlt shows up. Ability you say? I dunno, they had no need since the chance of success when entering the secret code that opened the door was 1 between 1 million (what Akune did was out of their expectations). Plus, they said they are noobs in comparison with Class 13.
Old 2010-04-15, 14:23   Link #2272
Lummie

Quote:
The kids you're talking about are currently witnessing the battle in the main floor. They have been ordered to keep the entrance in check in case another intruder suddenlt shows up.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-15, 15:05   Link #2273
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:

Btw, did you notice how much Kikaijima looks physically almost like a second Medaka when she bears her hair down?

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-15 at 15:25.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:39   Link #2274
Lummie

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Btw, did you notice how much Kikaijima looks physically almost like a second Medaka when she bears her hair down?
Indeed, but aside from that. Zenkichi seriously should go for Kikaijima, i've been rooting for this pair since the beginning. Above just adds more reason to do so.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:21   Link #2275
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hmhm, there are two things I just noticed. First, back in chapter 12, Medaka got really jealous when Zenkichi said he loves Shiranui. Second, in chapter 13 Shiranui busts in because she could feel that Zen wanted someone to help him. Talk about a deep, spiritual connection. I wouldn't mind a ZenxShira ending one bit. <_<
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 16:43   Link #2276
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Hmhm, there are two things I just noticed. First, back in chapter 12, Medaka got really jealous when Zenkichi said he loves Shiranui. Second, in chapter 13 Shiranui busts in because she could feel that Zen wanted someone to help him. Talk about a deep, spiritual connection. I wouldn't mind a ZenxShira ending one bit. <_<
Medaka seems to regard only Shiranui as a fellow rival for Zenkichi's attention as a friend. She didn't mind it when she saw Zenkichi and Kikaijima in chapter 13. That could be due her desire for Kikaijima making friends but i'm not so sure about it.

Shiranui as well detests Medaka for her abnormality but it could be also for seeing her always close to Zenkichi and proclaiming to be childhood friends.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:23   Link #2277
Homura7

I wouldn't mind if Nishio pairs Zen with Kikaijima, making the plot more unpredictable. Not that I have something against his relationship with Medaka, but so far the president has shown no feelings at all except when Zen was seemingly dead during his fight against Munakata.

I remember there was a chapter where it was said that Medaka kissed many students back in the past, but the left feeling was of indiference, am I right?
Old 2010-04-15, 17:32   Link #2278
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Zen right now doesn't really have much of a purpose in the manga. He was originally the narrator, but that's since been passed to others-- like Unzen, Maguro, etc. So other than a few subtle hints that there's more to him than meets the eye, he's really become an unimportant character (though, he's been reduced to a side character role for quite a few chapters now). Pairing him with Kikaijima will at least give him a purpose.

As to Medaka's feelings, her kissing people seems to be one of the ways to get them on "her side". She did the same thing with Kikaijima (*wretching noise*), if you recall. So kissing means nothing to her and if you recall, she says she loves everyone and would never belong to just on person. She kissed her whole middle school class just to show them that she loves them. The only time she was ever bothered about Zen being with another girl was when he was hanging out with Shiranui and only because she dislikes Shiranui. She didn't care when Kikaijima was all over him.

As for the raws

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-15, 17:40   Link #2279
Homura7

^Pfft... Again with this? If it was much later maybe, but the foreshadowing of the first real fight began in volume 2 already, not to mention Medaka's abnormal capabilities were shown one by one during the first 10 or 12 chapters. When will you understand that Nishio never intended to write a comedy/romance story in the first place?

And about your statement...

Spoiler for spoiler:

If so, then this makes 2 abnormals, 1 special & 1 normal? in the student council.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-04-15 at 17:58.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:59   Link #2280
Lummie

Skipping through some chapters and i think i found something important:

http://www.onemanga.com/Medaka_Box/21/03/

Zen: "If you rip off her personality, you'll be left with that rampaging beast"

I wonder if the 13th party//director is aware what happens when she loses her original personality. That entire brainwashing thing could go the wrong way if you ask me.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council