AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 00:20   Link #421
The Based

Hmm, when Dae says "was even able to contain the power of an abyssal one" I think he's referring to it suppressing the rod. That is, contain is being used as a synonym for suppress, restrain, hold back, ect.
Old 2011-11-05, 00:24   Link #422
Battler-kun

It's ending soon.

Priscilla vs. 3 Abyssal Ones!

It's gonna be awesome.
Old 2011-11-05, 00:41   Link #423
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
It's ending soon.

Priscilla vs. 3 Abyssal Ones!

It's gonna be awesome.
lets not jump the gun yet on this....

got a funny feeling it will get worst before Pricella makes an appearance...

my 2 cents....

finally they arrive.....
Old 2011-11-05, 02:07   Link #424
BlackMagister

Well the Organization on the island is doomed according to Dae. They have no more trump cards left but that doesn't mean the story is over after the Organization is gone. There is always the mainland and the Dragon Kin, but the island itself still has problems to deal with like Priscilla and Raphaela.
Old 2011-11-05, 02:18   Link #425
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

I really hope it doesn't end anytime soon lol. Claymore's too awesome for it to end like that ... then it'd almost be as bad as the anime was..
Old 2011-11-05, 02:59   Link #426
ATM

I read the new chapter a few hours ago and I think it was epic! I was exited, baffled, scared and amazed, and that was just while going through the first 10 pages! And as I kept reading I was exited, baffled… amazed all over again. I loved this chapter, it was an action rollercoaster filled with revealing dialogs and great visuals. I had to go out to clear my head for a bit and grab a few beers after reading it.

I gave the chapter a 9 overall, but Mirias performance and Daae’s interlude deserves a 10 each; in my opinion.

One of the things I liked the most is how Roxane went berserk on an abisal Cassandra. It didn’t matter to her that Cassandra was like 100 times her size; and after she got dismembered for belittling Cassandra’ s abilities, she decided to just go loling all the way to her grave (not that she died, but I bet she though she was gonna). And after that, she found out that she can regenerate and get ready for round two, amazing.

Miria gave a great fight. Probably her best, in my opinion. This time she used her brain, and that was a game changer; and her remark to Hysteria on how the elegance was her folly was priceless. My only observation is that she could have tried this trick earlier sinse she knew everthing she needed to know about the elegance.

And Daae laying peacefully in that rocky plateau. Watching with that lidless eye of his at the mayhem below which could probably be his last show, just gave me the chills. I bet he would be shedding tears of joy through it if he could (or maybe he will if Priscilla shows up soon, who knows).

That Daae, what a dog, made everyone to believe (including the narrator that places vertical comments on the side) that he was playing a trump card when he unleashed his ressurected claymores, that was not in any way, shape or form a trump card. What he triggered was far more worst, it was a doomsday device! He knew that the organization was finished so as a last suicidal effort to annihilate the rebels (and, as a bonus, to lure Priscilla into the scene) he brings forth this M.A.D. scenario thats going to be the end of everything (at least that’s his plan).

M.A.D. stands for Mutual assured destruction, and it was what the Soviet Union and the United states planned as a last resort during the cold war; it involved the use of all their nuclear deterrence as if to say “if I go, I’m dragging you all the way down to hell with me”. Fortunately that never happened as it created a stalemate between both superpowers. But that’s not the case here sadly to say, as Dae is never shy when it comes down to using his instruments of death, which in this case are his pumped-up abisal ones that could resemble medieval weapons of mass destruction. The only things he is missing at the moment, are a big bowl of popcorn and something to wash them down his throat (I take him for the kind of guy who would enjoy light beer ), as he witnesses the end of it all.
Old 2011-11-05, 03:40   Link #427
little_angel
Watching From Above

Everything makes sense after I read the translation. Hysteria didn't actually die from Miria's last attack but she was dying and the difference is huge. Roxanne's fight with Cassandra now that is something I didn't predict for Roxanne to fail to dodge all of her attacks while she is talented in reading yoki but that tells us that Cassandra's awakened form is very fast. Now Dea has gone mad and this only helps Rubel but I don't think any of them will survive this fight. As for Clare, I think she will arrive to the scene at the same time as the ghosts and this will be a little bit stupid if you ask me but Yagi will find a good explanation for this as he always does.

Last edited by little_angel; 2011-11-05 at 10:37.
Old 2011-11-05, 04:11   Link #428
tripleofive

Getting away from the 'Miria can't use a sword in her mouth' or 'Roxanne should have used her youki' or 'Cassandra's awakened form was horrible' arguments...

Did anyone else find it really funny when Miria was saying 'if I can team up to fight the abyssal one with the resurrected former one who's fighting her' - and then Roxanne's limbless body falls down in front of her? The look on her face...

And something I noticed - Miria's eyes returned to silver after killing Hysteria, but the cracks were still on her face - does anyone think that's going to be important?
Old 2011-11-05, 04:27   Link #429
ATM

[QUOTE=tripleofive;3842669]
Did anyone else find it really funny when Miria was saying 'if I can team up to fight the abyssal one with the resurrected former one who's fighting her' - and then Roxanne's limbless body falls down in front of her? The look on her face...

QUOTE]

Yes, that cracked me up. As the saying goes, "in war nothing ever goes acording to plan". poor Miria she is now literary between a rock and a hard place.
Old 2011-11-05, 04:31   Link #430
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I could picture her inner thought process reflecting the circumstances as she saw Roxanne's limbless body land on the ground.

".......shit."
Old 2011-11-05, 04:40   Link #431
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I could picture her inner thought process reflecting the circumstances as she saw Roxanne's limbless body land on the ground.

".......shit."
Like Homer Simpson going D´OH!
Old 2011-11-05, 05:13   Link #432
MalakTawus

Anyway Dae is making a big mistake.
Interested or not by those 3 new abyssals , Priscilla is trapped by Claire so it's Claire that should be lured,not Priscilla.
If Priscilla was really able to come out from the blob at will,she would have already done it a long time ago........so the real question is if Claire will decide to free Prissy to save her friends,and if she decides to do so she has to be able to defeat Prissy(or at least being evenly matched with her),if not it's completely useless to save her friends.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:17   Link #433
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I found the chapter quite interesting(7). Not the best chapter but it had its highlights.
The only thing i personally struggle is how miria lost her sword arm in the first place.
Was it by hysterias slash?
Miria beat hysteria the elegant with 2 crude techniques.
1. She sacrificed her sword arm
2. She used a comrades sword and her teeth.

The techniques worked because hysteria can not think in this way.
Miria fought like clare
Old 2011-11-05, 05:23   Link #434
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Anyway Dae is making a big mistake.
Interested or not by those 3 new abyssals , Priscilla is trapped by Claire so it's Claire that should be lured,not Priscilla.
If Priscilla was really able to come out from the blob at will,she would have already done it a long time ago........so the real question is if Claire will decide to free Prissy to save her friends,and if she decides to do so she has to be able to defeat Prissy(or at least being evenly matched with her),if not it's completely useless to save her friends.
Agree, however Dae is unaware of this thats why he's saying to Rubel "and I very much wish that if things go well, she might come to retrieve that left arm"

Hes just wishfull thinking, and since we are getting close to christmas season he might get his wish come true.

If he only knew that his most beautiful creation is bound somewhere far away, and probably won't make it in time for him to be able to praise her, he would be one sad mad scientist.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:39   Link #435
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
Agree, however Dae is unaware of this thats why he's saying to Rubel "and I very much wish that if things go well, she might come to retrieve that left arm"

Hes just wishfull thinking, and since we are getting close to christmas season he might get his wish come true.

If he only knew that his most beautiful creation is bound somewhere far away, and probably won't make it in time for him to be able to praise her, he would be one sad mad scientist.
I also feel that his dreem will come true,but probably that will happen mainly because the ghosts are in danger (or if they get killed...that could really make Claire very very mad),not because Prissy wants to get her arm back, at least that's what i think.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:44   Link #436
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
Everything makes sense after I read the translation. Hysteria didn't actually died from Miria's last attack but she was dying and the difference is huge.
I'm unclear on how reading the translation can tell you whether she had died or not. Was it stated somewhere I didn't notice (possible)? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know what told you that, if your understanding is based on the text and not the pictures.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:49   Link #437
ATM

Quote:
I also feel that his dreem will come true,but probably that will happen mainly because the ghosts are in danger (or if they get killed...that could really make Claire very very mad),not because Prissy wants to get her arm back, at least that's what i think.
yeah.

Shiek927 said a while ago that priscilla's power was around "an abisal one x3" and he was probably right, as Dae confirms that only her left arm contains the power and energy of a single abisal one. So doing the math and considering she has 5 limbs (including her head and not counting her wings and torso) could she probably have the power of 5 abisal ones all in one? that will be like uber crazy.
Old 2011-11-05, 06:44   Link #438
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
yeah.

Shiek927 said a while ago that priscilla's power was around "an abisal one x3" and he was probably right, as Dae confirms that only her left arm contains the power and energy of a single abisal one. So doing the math and considering she has 5 limbs (including her head and not counting her wings and torso) could she probably have the power of 5 abisal ones all in one? that will be like uber crazy.
Imo it's pointless to try give Prissy's power a quantity value since we really have no real basis to confirm anything (nothing wrong in speculating of course,on the contrary it's cool).
The only thing we can sure of is that Prissy is A LOT more powerful than an abyssal......but i won't go more deep in this discussion since i know from experience that not everyone talk about "power" giving the same meaning so all the times it's really confusing .

-----------------------------------------------

...and just for curiosity,what difference does it make if Histy "was dying" or she actually "died" during Miria's attack?
Old 2011-11-05, 07:14   Link #439
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
...and just for curiosity,what difference does it make if Histy "was dying" or she actually "died" during Miria's attack?
It makes a huge difference.
Old 2011-11-05, 07:36   Link #440
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
It makes a huge difference.
I asked what's the difference (obvioously i'm talking about the"difference in concrete terms",not the "conceptual difference".....),if you answer me with "It makes an huge difference" it's not really helpful .
Closed Thread