AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 246
10: Amazing... 24 70.59%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 14.71%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 2 5.88%
7 out of 10: Good... 1 2.94%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 2.94%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-27, 00:03   Link #21
quagmire

I found the Nine Tails reaction to Kushina to be interesting. His reaction to Minato? " I'll kill you!" And he doesn't like Naruto due to being sealed inside him. And yet his reaction to Kushina was sort of a caring/nice/loving( whatever the right word for it haha) kind of way seeming like the Nine Tails had a bond with her. Maybe the music threw me off, but there wasn't any anger in his reaction.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:15   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Stalker Minato watches you in your sleep.

Kushina reminds me of Naruto for some reason.
Fixed :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
There isn't much of a difference between Sakura and Kushina. Both fell in love with good looking cool guys early in their life. Kushina was just lucky hers wasn't a complete jerk and emotionally damaged.
That's completely wrong, Sakura is/was a shallow little fangirl who drooled over Sasuke for no reason other than for outer appearance. Kushina fell for Minato for REAL reasons.

Anyway, WHY CAN'T THIS BE A HOUR SPECIAL!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 02:40   Link #23
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Fixed :P

That's completely wrong, Sakura is/was a shallow little fangirl who drooled over Sasuke for no reason other than for outer appearance. Kushina fell for Minato for REAL reasons.

Anyway, WHY CAN'T THIS BE A HOUR SPECIAL!!!
Thats because sakura was in a group of girls that discussed things. Kushina was probably a loner due to her uniqueness. Sakura was probably bombarded with what others thought, thoughts that were "Oh sasuke this sasuke that" because he stood out so he was discussed. Its like subliminal, and very similar to phrases most children take on like "Oh fck no!" or "thats gay!" or "man wtf!" ect.

Kushina did fall for minato for good reasons, but it seems any lady in need of saving at a young age is HEAVILY connected/infatuated with the one that saved her, at least in stories. And he was the only other one to compliment her on her hair. And probably the only one to take notice for who she really was. I mean was there really anyone else she could fall for given her situation and personality?
Old 2012-01-27, 19:58   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Thats because sakura was in a group of girls that discussed things. Kushina was probably a loner due to her uniqueness. Sakura was probably bombarded with what others thought, thoughts that were "Oh sasuke this sasuke that" because he stood out so he was discussed. Its like subliminal, and very similar to phrases most children take on like "Oh fck no!" or "thats gay!" or "man wtf!" ect.

Kushina did fall for minato for good reasons, but it seems any lady in need of saving at a young age is HEAVILY connected/infatuated with the one that saved her, at least in stories. And he was the only other one to compliment her on her hair. And probably the only one to take notice for who she really was. I mean was there really anyone else she could fall for given her situation and personality?
No argument there, never questioned her motives for falling for Minato

But yeah, I really like Kushina's character and it feels so insulting to her character to call her similar to Sakura, probably the only thing that is remotely similar is the short temper. But Sakura didn't develop that until her preteen years, and its only towards Naruto and Ino (although she wasn't physically violent towards Ino).

If you were to draw up a table of comparison between Sakura and Kushina in terms of experience and personality, there would be next to nothing in common. Hell I might just do that if people keep insisting they're similar
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:06   Link #25
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
In a world where people have naturally colored pink, yellow, white, green, orange and blue hair. How can you consider somebody an outcast for having red hair?

Still a great episode.
You know, you have an excellent point there.

I know a lot of people are pointing out that the hair is beside the point, she's getting ripped on because she is an outsider; but isn't she a whirlpool refugee? There should be more refugees in the school then, don't you think? Then she wouldn't be such an outcast... I sense a plot hole...

Quote:

Kushina reminds me of Sakura for some reason.
Kuchina totally reminds me of Sakura too, and not just because they have the same person doing their voice (at least I think so) in the anime. I got that impression from the manga too; maybe because they both have super violent personalities (although Kuschina is way more of a bad-ass than Sakura will ever be).

It makes me wonder if Sakura is descended from Whirlpool refugees too...
Old 2012-01-28, 05:03   Link #26
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

Well, I enjoyed this episode very much: very emotional and Kushina is really awesome.

What I'm a bit concerned about though is how much help Naruto is getting in his fight to conquer the Kyuubi's power.
Killer Bee helped him at first, and now it is Kushina...

The Kyuubi played a great role in Naruto's life and as such, I think it should be a personal 1:1 battle.
Killer Bee apparently managed to pass all these tests alone, without help or hints from anyone. I understand they are pressed by time and that the Kyuubi is probably a significantly more malevolent and powerful entity than the Hachibi, but I feel it would steal an important battle that Naruto has to win by himself for his own sake...

Kushina apparently has a special type of chakra (bloodline limit?)... maybe Naruto inherited this and will use it next time... I certainly would prefer this over just Kushina's chakra doing the job.

Apparently, Naruto isn't also completely past hatred and his sad childhood either, even though he is supposed to have passed the waterfall test successfully.
I understand that it is the Kyuubi's hatred contaminating him, but it seemed a bit too easy to use this wire again just after an episode...
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 07:37   Link #27
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Kuchina totally reminds me of Sakura too, and not just because they have the same person doing their voice (at least I think so) in the anime.
It's not the same voice actress. Honestly, it would be pretty ridiculous to have two major characters voiced by the same person.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:06   Link #28
Sourcandy

Quote:

Kushina reminds me of Sakura for some reason.
Same here. I think it's because of their somewhat unique/different hair color.
Sourcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 22:14   Link #29
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
Same here. I think it's because of their somewhat unique/different hair color.
She not only reminded of Sakura due to her unique hair color, but also Kushina's voice sounded like that to Sakura's.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 17:22   Link #30
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

A lot of moments in this ep could've easily gone a different direction.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 06:15   Link #31
godlystriker

I've came here to vote because this episode was so good, I'm pleased to see that 10/10 was spiked in the rating
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 13:43   Link #32
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlystriker View Post
I've came here to vote because this episode was so good, I'm pleased to see that 10/10 was spiked in the rating
If you give this episode 10/10 then you'll have to give to the next episodes 11/10, 12/10, or something like that
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:09   Link #33
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

I still have not watched this episode, but what I kept from the manga chapter : Minato and Kushina were made for each other; total chemistry in both "adultness" and range of power.

The complete opposite of the horrible pairing Naruto/ Sakura
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 23:43   Link #34
10seiga

I like the image of Minato and Kushina holding newborn Naruto, but what the heck why did he already have whisker marks? I always thought those showed up when he became the Kyuubi's Jinchuriki, not when he was born. Possible mistake?
10seiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 20:14   Link #35
tag1981

Great episode. Now this is the Naruto we all know and love. It would have been great if they took all those fillers they just showed and used that as a time to do a back story on the relationship of Minato and Kushina.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion