AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 10:42   Link #3301
sa547
*Author

So far, the graphical mods I use were mid-res versions of W.A.T.E.R., Flora Overhaul, and a bunch of sky mods (to trick out the sun, clouds and stars); I would want to use more, but considering that they're in higher resolution, they're best used with a more powerful PC.

Quote:
I respect pretty much all mods though, the only mods I really dislike are ones that go OVER the top to break the game. Like 90% of the ''new spell'' mods, I checked out that wizard academy mod and the spells were downright broken and silly looking, if Elder Scrolls was an mmo than those spells would have looked like a maxed out private server. I was trying to find a good expansion of spells in the game, and they are either boring and barely change much, or are crazy machinegun nukes.
I once tried a mod that boosted up the archery killing power, and then suddenly it made me kill a dragon too easily with one shot and thus turned gameplay pretty boring that I uninstalled it. I also retired three of my most powerful Dragonbone bows with maxed-out attack points, in favor of a set of regularly-forged hunting bows (with normal stats) so as to make gameplay exciting and dangerous.

Finally, I'm making arrangements to cut down the accumulated amount of loot by selling or destroying them, reduce the number of main player homes to only four with working forges and specialized equipment, and plan on shutting down some mods with active scripting; perhaps the excess stored loot may have contributed to gamesave bloat.
Old 2012-10-25, 13:57   Link #3302
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Finally, I'm making arrangements to cut down the accumulated amount of loot by selling or destroying them, reduce the number of main player homes to only four with working forges and specialized equipment, and plan on shutting down some mods with active scripting; perhaps the excess stored loot may have contributed to gamesave bloat.
I would highly recommend the Skyrim Redone mod, it makes everything insanely challenging, it nerfs the ''extra effect'' perk on enchanting(it's now a level 40 perk, but the tradeoff is both enchantments are 40% weaker). Absorb stamina was nerfed so you can't endlessly power attack, smithing was HELLA nerfed so you actually have to invest a lot of perks in it to get a godly weapon, and just...so many perk trees were revamped and many of them are much more useful, lockpick and pickpocket were merged together because lockpick sucks.

Prices were nerfed so you actually have to invest in speechcraft, furthermore there are slight buffs to dragonshouts in the speechcraft perk tree(Which I haven't invested in still, I pay for not getting smithing, enchanting, and speechcraft by still using an ancient nord axe).

Many perks were nerfed, like the armsman perks for 2h and 1h weapons only giving 10% per perk, however 2h weapons were buffed in that they have an inherent chance to knock an opponent down with a power attack, they also get ridiculously powerful compared to a 2h, many 2h'ers with armor ignore perks almost 1shot me at a 100% rate(I use a spellblade though) because they have armor ignore perks and my heavy armor is useless against it.

Yes you heard me, it gives the enemies perks as well, even some animals get bleeding effects(I was surprised how a draugr hit me once and my hp was constantly going down x_x), it revamps the races entirely so breton isn't the best class in the game.....it buffs heavy armor in that later perks can stagger attackers not using 2h's, deflects arrows, and reduces power attacks by a %, but it suffers in that it gives you a 16% movement speed reduction.

You cannot enchant alchemy buffs anymore, instead they were replaced with movement speed enchants. Spells were slightly buffed, and nerfed in a few areas, and many new spells were added(mostly to restoration, illusion, and alteration), and many redundant spells were removed.

This is only part of the many AWESOME things it does, I'd highly recommend reading the mod, it's made Skyrim feel so much better for me.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 15:36   Link #3303
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That sounds like something fun to try on my next playthrough (wanders off to grab it).
Old 2012-10-25, 18:46   Link #3304
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

On a vaguely related Elder Scrolls note...

Old 2012-10-25, 19:41   Link #3305
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ooooo is this going to be free to play or monthly fee?

Never mind found out it will, that's a bit of a bummer, but if its good enough it wont matter. Nice post
Old 2012-10-25, 19:42   Link #3306
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

God, he makes it sound like a actual WoW Killer. XD
Old 2012-10-28, 15:39   Link #3307
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20627

Using this mod for my next character, so detailed. A lot better then the standard Khajiit, my taste though.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-10-28 at 16:41.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:22   Link #3308
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Says the file's hidden, Ak3mi.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:41   Link #3309
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

What the I am such a noob with linking, well its Dagi-Raht Khajiit race Mod. Really nice, great detail and good racial.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-10-28 at 16:43. Reason: Added link
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:19   Link #3310
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, I tried that mod out ... its a nice compromise between "cat girl" and "cat" and there's actually some lore for it.

Problem is, it blew up my skyrim unless I removed all my hair packs (crash on showracemenu). So its waiting til I'm done with other characters.

It was also nice because the NPC "you're a cat"-based dialog was flagged. Most of the custom races end up being awkward (no one mentions the mer-babe's odd ears, etc)
Old 2012-10-28, 19:49   Link #3311
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh really? Why did that occur? Its compatible with apachii hair or were you using a different hair mod?

I really like that too, I tried a Custom Eleven race which was awkward like you said.
Its very Cat girl which I dig
Old 2012-10-28, 20:39   Link #3312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Oh really? Why did that occur? Its compatible with apachii hair or were you using a different hair mod?

I really like that too, I tried a Custom Eleven race which was awkward like you said.
Its very Cat girl which I dig
you load enough textures/mods/etc and sometimes skyrim just collapses. It is compatible with apachii and skyfall but I had dissect out the specific hair I wanted - if I loaded the entire set of hair packs, showracemenu or face surgeon --> executable hangs.

I had the same problem with some of the HD textures for the entire skyrim world. Even though I have 16GB RAM/blahblah, sometimes skyrim is gets too fragile.

I figure I'll arrange the load specifically for a Dagi-Raht Khajiit the next time through.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:49   Link #3313
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So strange, I start up my new character and PC gamer release a new article on best Skyrim mods. http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/28/th...skyrim-mods-2/ Must be fate
Old 2012-10-30, 18:35   Link #3314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I started a new version of my dark elf assassin, some vanity pics:
Images
dark elf assassin, Glyc -- SFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-31, 17:03   Link #3315
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Does anyone know why night and day cycle is more night then day? It dark at 4pm till 8am, I am pretty sure it shouldn't be like that. I have no lighting mods installed.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:08   Link #3316
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Does anyone know why night and day cycle is more night then day? It dark at 4pm till 8am, I am pretty sure it shouldn't be like that. I have no lighting mods installed.
I assumed they were duplicating the long nights at high latitudes. This theory failed when I cycled through a year and there were no long days in the summer. Vampires would have a terrible time in the Nordic summer solstice
Old 2012-10-31, 17:19   Link #3317
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So you have this as well? I swear it wasn't like this on my other playthroughs.... Ehhhhhhh
Old 2012-10-31, 21:47   Link #3318
sa547
*Author

That's odd; haven't noticed that effect ever since I changed my timescale to 6 from 20.
Old 2012-10-31, 22:20   Link #3319
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Hmmmm did you change it because of this problem or something else? Would that solve the problem changing the timescale?
Old 2012-11-01, 09:34   Link #3320
sa547
*Author

No, I changed it to 6 because I thought it more realistic than watching the day go by too fast, but never took notice of the day length throughout the game year.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim