AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-25, 12:14   Link #101
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I didn't mean it as a pure insult, but...well sir, you were quite ambiguous. I apologise.
Old 2013-01-25, 14:16   Link #102
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
I didn't mean it as a pure insult, but...well sir, you were quite ambiguous. I apologise.
Im sorry too. I got really depressed, I shouldve calmed down.

Well anyway thank you for answering me!
Old 2013-01-26, 10:03   Link #103
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Theoretical Mirror reflects all light-based attacks. If BB accurately replicates real-world physics as well, then this would happen:

-Lasers get reflected

-Radiation is useless

-Microwaves beams (the one for cooking food) are useless

-But radio communication can't reach MM. Not that it's an attack, but it seems to obey.

And, considering that radiation pressure as proven by Einstein is still ridiculously minimal, even Metatron's laz0rs would be reflected with no trouble.
Is there an Enemy called Metatron in the UNF?

How often do "light-based" attacks come up? Argon Array's Transcend Ray, I guess, and maybe Yellow Radio's theorized irradiation effect. Most "energy beams" in the anime seem to be "generic sci-fi energy" though.

Immunity to a specific kind of damage is generally a Metallic trait, but Metal colors seem to always be purely elemental. (Wolfram is just another name for Tungsten.) My original and still working theory is that Mirror Masker was "Black/Colorless".

Well anyway, despite having the perfect name and ability name for my avatar concept, Masker wasn't "Mister Mirror-Match" after all. Maybe it's really a White ability?
Old 2013-01-26, 10:12   Link #104
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Is there an Enemy called Metatron in the UNF?

How often do "light-based" attacks come up? Argon Array's Transcend Ray, I guess, and maybe Yellow Radio's theorized irradiation effect. Most "energy beams" in the anime seem to be "generic sci-fi energy" though.

Immunity to a specific kind of damage is generally a Metallic trait, but Metal colors seem to always be purely elemental. (Wolfram is just another name for Tungsten.) My original and still working theory is that Mirror Masker was "Black/Colorless".

Well anyway, despite having the perfect name and ability name for my avatar concept, Masker wasn't "Mister Mirror-Match" after all. Maybe it's really a White ability?
Yes, apparently a Legendary enemy IIRC, and only spawns in a particular field. The laser is too strong for even Grande to tank.

This is pretty hard to pin down. Amber Penguin, the guy who shot Haru down once, was shown to be using some sort of laser rifle, but that could be just effects. Let's just assume its rare.

Mirror is probably colourless IMO. Silver is colourless too, but we call it by the name of the metal. So technically we can't say Silver Crow is a metal colour; he has a silver body.

What do you mean with the last sentence?

As for White, this is still unknown territory. If you're writing a fanfic with White and/or Colourless, I'll just state the obvious that that's a lot of thinking you've got to do.

And if (if, not when, given the slow pace of plot) White Cosmos shows up, your story could be blown into AU waters.

Happy writing anyway.
Old 2013-01-27, 13:26   Link #105
Sunder the Gold

In the light novel, when Kuroyukihime is first describing Cyan Pile to Haruyuki, she specifically mentions that he lacks "lateral jump equipment". As if this was significant, or somewhat unexpected.

But so far, the only avatar seen with jumping equipment has been Sky Raker.

Is there something lost in Baka-Tsuki's translation?
Old 2013-01-27, 20:18   Link #106
Sunder the Gold

Another thing I wanted but forgot to ask earlier --

You mentioned radio communications couldn't reach Mirror Masker. Do radios EXIST in the Unlimited Neutral Field?
Old 2013-01-27, 21:30   Link #107
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
In the light novel, when Kuroyukihime is first describing Cyan Pile to Haruyuki, she specifically mentions that he lacks "lateral jump equipment". As if this was significant, or somewhat unexpected.

But so far, the only avatar seen with jumping equipment has been Sky Raker.

Is there something lost in Baka-Tsuki's translation?
Maybe KYH means that he doesn't have any means of making even short, small jumps.

Quote:
Another thing I wanted but forgot to ask earlier --

You mentioned radio communications couldn't reach Mirror Masker. Do radios EXIST in the Unlimited Neutral Field?
I'm betting some exist. The avatar that was jamming Niko's fortress, that was basically radio jamming. And if the AW replicates the real world perfectly, then there should be a simulation of photons, which is the basis for my speculation of MM's abilities.
Old 2013-02-12, 16:49   Link #108
Sunder the Gold

Bush Utan, he of the "Elastic Arm (Long Strongarm)"...

I tried looking up what an "Utan" was, and the closest thing that made sense was the orangutan.

Considering that, and that his power appears to be "extending limbs", is this an ape-like avatar? Is there any information on him at all?
Old 2013-02-13, 02:15   Link #109
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I searched Bush Utan and 加速世界 to see what chinese translators had, and this turned up:

Quote:
Bush Utan(ブッシュウータン)
等级3的灰暗草色对战虚拟角色,在小说第5卷的领土战争中跟随Ash初次登场。比Crow稍矮,弯腰驼背的 身躯十分健壮,且有着能伸长的双臂。在小说第6卷与Crow对战时,使用ISS套件,获得了类似“心念”的 压倒性力量。
Translation: Level 3 Burst Linker, colour is dark, ashy green like grass. First appearance in V5 with Ash Roller during territorial battle. Duel avatar is shorter than Crow, has a hunched-over appearance but is very strong/fit. (Just like orangutans) Both arms can extend. In Volume 6, he fought with Crow using the ISS kit, activating [overwhelming strength]-type incarnate attacks.

My response: Doesn't seem that special. Dark green colour predicts special attack affinities, so the long arms seem in line with that. As for incarnate abilities, my best guess is that he has Attack Power Expansion attacks. Nothing mentioned about his range with the arms.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:10   Link #110
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I searched Bush Utan and 加速世界 to see what chinese translators had
Thanks! Do you speak Chinese, or is there some kind of Japanese->Chinese->English resouce?

Taking full response to Speculation thread. ...But I'll mention this here:

Quote:
In Volume 6, he fought with Crow using the ISS kit, activating [overwhelming strength]-type incarnate attacks.

As for incarnate abilities, my best guess is that he has Attack Power Expansion attacks. Nothing mentioned about his range with the arms.
Without LN translations for Volume 5 or after, I really don't want to know what happens after Volume 4. I ask for information that Haruyuki could know during the Volume 4 time-period, regarding the past and his current present.

I do not consider it a spoiler to know about Red Rider's Ulimate Gunsmith ability, or the particulars of Black Lotus' Green Mode; there must be public legends that Haruyuki and Takumu could hear about if they bothered.

But I would consider the past and present machinations of White Cosmos to be a spoiler, because Haruyuki is unlikely to learn about those until they come up later.

Basically, I want to learn anything that isn't a secret or that wouldn't require visions of future events. I want the "average Joe's" ground-level view of the setting and its characters.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:15   Link #111
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Thanks! Do you speak Chinese, or is there some kind of Japanese->Chinese->English resouce?
Yes, I am reasonably literate in Chinese, which now I've put into translation. (see sig for link)

Quote:
Taking full response to Speculation thread. ...But I'll mention this here:

Without LN translations for Volume 5 or after, I really don't want to know what happens after Volume 4. I ask for information that Haruyuki could know during the Volume 4 time-period, regarding the past and his current present.

I do not consider it a spoiler to know about Red Rider's Ulimate Gunsmith ability, or the particulars of Black Lotus' Green Mode; there must be public legends that Haruyuki and Takumu could hear about if they bothered.

But I would consider the past and present machinations of White Cosmos to be a spoiler, because Haruyuki is unlikely to learn about those until they come up later.

Basically, I want to learn anything that isn't a secret or that wouldn't require visions of future events. I want the "average Joe's" ground-level view of the setting and its characters.
Noted, will be a little more responsible with the spoiler tag.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:49   Link #112
Sunder the Gold

Thank you.
Old 2013-02-16, 09:36   Link #113
Sunder the Gold

Any word on how Green Grandee's Double Payback ability works?

It's not a special move, but rather something on the level of Silver Crow's Aviation and Ash Roller's Vertical Climb. Some kind of supplementary ability, just as Yellow Radio has acrobatics and a great sense of balance, and Scarlet Rain has extended vision.

I imagine that it boosts the damage of Grandee's attacks based on the damage he's recieved.
Old 2013-02-16, 10:31   Link #114
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's not a special move? I might want to bug you for source, but here's what I think first:

If DP is a passive move, the duel is a stalemate. You can't hit Grande without eating your own damage.

If DP is an active, normal move, then the battle hinges on whether you can hit him behind his shield or when it's not active.

If DP is a special move, then it's just like Lotus vs Radio: whether the OHKO can hit before a..er, double OHKO conversion ability can come into play will decide the fight.

So I'd call it an active move, but here's why I'll say a special move: if it is an as-is move, then DP is unlimited in power. Any move that hits it becomes powered up twice, moving against its owner.

From this line I'd thus speculate that it consumes a full SP gauge, which falls in line with the idea of 'exchanging special techniques in duels.' You use your full gauge, I'll use mine, may the best man win. Or that of sorts.

What do you think?

Edit: I write this assuming, that:

->double damage is dealt the moment the opponent's attack hits

->damage is inflicted by a shockwave, straight ahead of the shield (and presumably where the opponent is)

->timeframe for dodging this shockwave is small.
Old 2013-02-16, 10:53   Link #115
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
It's not a special move? I might want to bug you for source
There's a picture on the wiki, taken from the 12th volume. It names a number of special abilities, but doesn't list a single Special Move.

Silver Crow's Flight (Aviation) is mentioned, but not his Headbutt.

Cyan Pile's Perforation (the extending jab, I think), but not Lightning Cyan Spike.

Leopard's draining bites, but not her Shape Change. And so forth.

Quote:
but here's what I think first:
Speculation belongs in speculation threads.

Which is also where I'd like to talk about the paradox of only being able to lose in Timed Duels, when battle in the UNF should allow people to defeat Grandee through superior numbers.
Old 2013-02-16, 11:15   Link #116
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
There's a picture on the wiki, taken from the 12th volume. It names a number of special abilities, but doesn't list a single Special Move.

Silver Crow's Flight (Aviation) is mentioned, but not his Headbutt.

Cyan Pile's Perforation (the extending jab, I think), but not Lightning Cyan Spike.

Leopard's draining bites, but not her Shape Change. And so forth.

Speculation belongs in speculation threads.

Which is also where I'd like to talk about the paradox of only being able to lose in Timed Duels, when battle in the UNF should allow people to defeat Grandee through superior numbers.
Ah...ah. I missed the distinction.

Moving to experienced spoilers thread...tomorrow morning. My next job is in 3 hours...
Old 2013-02-20, 20:08   Link #117
beyonddestiny

Does anyone know how large duel avatars tend to be proportional to the average-size human?
Old 2013-02-21, 00:27   Link #118
Sunder the Gold

The size of Duel Avatars varies too much to answer that question literally.

Scarlet Rain appears to be the same height as in real life, Silver Crow seems to be a bit taller than Takumu, who is much taller as Cyan Pile...

Avatars like Sand Duct and Green Grandee are friggin' HUGE, and several are only slightly smaller.
Old 2013-02-24, 06:10   Link #119
LCeh

This thread is very long so someone might have already asked it, but I can't seem to find an answer to this simple question: is the manga released every month?
Old 2013-02-24, 10:32   Link #120
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
This thread is very long so someone might have already asked it, but I can't seem to find an answer to this simple question: is the manga released every month?
I can't answer that question, but I can tell you how to deal with long threads in the future. At least for this site.

The "search this thread" function is actually really accurate and useful here, unlike on some sites.

If you type in the words "manga release month", you'll turn up any posts with those words in them; there may be more than you want to see, but they'll be a lot fewer than the total number of posts in a thead. (This case, just seven posts turn up. And one of those is yours. After my post, it will be eight.)

Even just using the single and more specific word "monthly" may turn up fewer results and get closer to the one you want, if it is there at all.

"Monthly" turned up no results at all, and none of the seven results I got on the first search turned up the answer either.

So, I'm pretty confident that no one has addressed that question in this thread yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a