AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 07:41   Link #7661
OverNOut
The Obsever

I hope this is a sign that Godou will combine more of his incarnations to produce new abilities in future volumes.

Looks like it will be a four vs four fight next.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 08:06   Link #7662
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I hope this is a sign that Godou will combine more of his incarnations to produce new abilities in future volumes.

Looks like it will be a four vs four fight next.
Maybe it is a sign of that, but I still, think that combining two different incarnations would still have a quite painful effect. It might not be as severe as what Godou experienced in the 7th volume, but it will be something that would leave Godou defenseless, until the time, where he would finish his move.

After all, if Godou could combine Verethragna's authorities on his own, without any repercussions, there would be pretty much no point, for the girls in his harem, to continue fighting alongside Godou - making the youth form,, that Godou has, a little redundant.

I think that Godou is always going to need some assistance in his fights, against the Gods or other Campione.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 08:23   Link #7663
kazzuya13

Capture flag raised for Aisha
Spoiler for flag:
Old 2013-06-27, 08:41   Link #7664
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Maybe it is a sign of that, but I still, think that combining two different incarnations would still have a quite painful effect. It might not be as severe as what Godou experienced in the 7th volume, but it will be something that would leave Godou defenseless, until the time, where he would finish his move.

After all, if Godou could combine Verethragna's authorities on his own, without any repercussions, there would be pretty much no point, for the girls in his harem, to continue fighting alongside Godou - making the youth form,, that Godou has, a little redundant.

I think that Godou is always going to need some assistance in his fights, against the Gods or other Campione.
He only gets a headache now when he uses 2 forms at once. Thats hardly making him defenseless, and he is bound to get strong enough to not even get that for feedback. Besides, he still won't do it that often because he has to meet conditions for their use. Usually only a couple forms are available tops at one time, and he has to make sure he isn't defenseless if he can't win quickly.

The girls will always be part of Godou's tactics. With them empowered with Youth they are roughly equal to divine beasts. Sort of like how uldin uses his "dragons" as a defensive screen.

Anyway, i've been thinking that if Godou ramps up Youth it may make a permanent connection between Godou and the girls. That way he could sort of feed them magic power whenever to buff them, rather than just giving a set amount for them to draw from. They would basically be a part of his authority.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:01   Link #7665
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post

Anyway, i've been thinking that if Godou ramps up Youth it may make a permanent connection between Godou and the girls. That way he could sort of feed them magic power whenever to buff them, rather than just giving a set amount for them to draw from. They would basically be a part of his authority.
Considering the fact, that something like that, would also solve Yuri's health problems,that occur, due to her "developing" spirit powers, I think that there is a huge chance of something like that happening.

The details might be a little different then the ones you mentioned, but I definitely agree that the girls in Godou's harem, are going to be put, sooner or later, under a more powerful and permanent boost from the Youth incantation.
Old 2013-06-27, 09:32   Link #7666
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Considering the fact, that something like that, would also solve Yuri's health problems,that occur, due to her "developing" spirit powers, I think that there is a huge chance of something like that happening.

The details might be a little different then the ones you mentioned, but I definitely agree that the girls in Godou's harem, are going to be put, sooner or later, under a more powerful and permanent boost from the Youth incantation.
Not only just Yuri. Even Erica and Lily will be able to use their Paladin mode more easily. And Ena will be able to wield the Ama no Murakumo [Wind] in much ease.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:56   Link #7667
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Going by the last part of the update, he's going to use the Boar next. Though the only legal target is the castle. More destruction incoming.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:21   Link #7668
Chris38

Chapter 7 part 3 is out.

Once again Godou shows progress ... since he has reached a point where he is also capable of controlling the [Boar's] actions.

I don't know what to think about this development ... but it seems like Godou is rapidly powering up or rather gaining more control over his authority.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:27   Link #7669
Gore17

Well, he's getting better at controlling the [Boar]. And now I have the image of Godou giving it a belly rub, and scratchies behind the ears.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:30   Link #7670
bludvein

How far along is the chinese translation that zzhk is using?

Looking forward to seeing the end of the fight.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:34   Link #7671
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Well, he's getting better at controlling the [Boar]. And now I have the image of Godou giving it a belly rub, and scratchies behind the ears.
You realise the Boar is 20 meter long and preety massive right?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:38   Link #7672
Chris38

^

I think it was mentioned a few pages ago, in this thread, that the chinese translation is complete, and considering zzhk's translation pace, it shouldn't be long, before we will see the end of this fight.

Anyway, after reading the latest translated part of chapter 7 again, I think that Godou made such a remarkable progress in controlling Verethragna's incarnations, due to the incident with Circe, where a huge part of his authority has been separated from him. It actually gave Godou some more insight on how he can use those powers ... and the results of that, are being demonstrated in his current battle with Uldin.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:57   Link #7673
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
You realise the Boar is 20 meter long and preety massive right?
Yes. That's what's so funny about the image.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:58   Link #7674
bludvein

I don't think it was necessarily the incident with Circe. It was said early on that every fight he gets in that challenges him will increase his ability. He has been able to do something new in pretty much every fight.
Old 2013-06-27, 14:16   Link #7675
Raziel07

Aditionaly confirmation on the topic about 10 authorities or one has just confirmed itself by godou himself

"After all, the [White Stallion] was only one out of the ten incarnation. It probably could not oppose Rudra's arrows with the full firepower of an entire authority poured into them. "

So 1 Authority God of Victory[?] = 10 incarnations

And by now he must have 3 Authorities in total
Raziel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 15:17   Link #7676
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

And that in just one year. While Voban has been a Campione 300 years and has between the 7-9. Godou really is a trouble maker.
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 15:58   Link #7677
Kadi
知識の探求者

Really? Just 7-9? I thought he had more than a dozen... like 17-19, or even two dozen...

Then again, I haven't read V2 in ages... think of the case with Aisha's age if you don't know what that means :-/
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 16:42   Link #7678
bludvein

Voban's authorities are just guesswork. Its been speculated in-story that he has 10+, but they just don't know. Keep in mind that most of them probably don't have an effect that is useful in combat though.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:28   Link #7679
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Volume 2, chapter 2, part 4:
Quote:
"That old gramps has defeated quite a few gods, right? Also, you've killed Irish and Norse gods before, right? How many are there in total?"

'If you add up both our kills, probably over ten. Is there a problem?'
And we know that Doni has 4 authorities.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:00   Link #7680
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Volume 2, chapter 2, part 4:
And we know that Doni has 4 authorities.
Apollo, Osiris, some sort of god that gave him petrification, and the three weather deities. If you count each weather deity as a separate god that gave him a separate authority, then all of his authorities are accounted for.

New chapter from Zzhk! I'm surprised that Ena can still use divine possession despite being in the past where Susano'o was still a heretic god.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem