AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 02:52   Link #261
teja208
Critical fanboy

Minky Momo? Haven't heard of that name for over last two decades. I'm surprised Okada Yasuhiro brought that up.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 03:26   Link #262
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Minky Momo? Haven't heard of that name for over last two decades. I'm surprised Okada Yasuhiro brought that up.
Had to do a search after your post. Well, they might be similar in some way

I've never heard that name before so at first I thought Minky Momo seems too kiddy for a name. Definitely a cheesy anime this time.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 07:33   Link #263
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Never heard about Kantoku before. But now I checked his works and found some familiar for me
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 05:59   Link #264
sirn
田舎者言うな

New trailer in Kyomaf this weekend. (via Official Twitter, Official Facebook)

sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 08:22   Link #265
Warm Mist

With so much marketing, this ought to be a TV series or a multi part OVA at least.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 19:39   Link #266
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
New trailer in Kyomaf this weekend. (via Official Twitter, Official Facebook)

Has anybody seen this trailer? Thanks, sirn, for posting, btw.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 20:23   Link #267
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Might as well post this, seeing that nobody else did eventhough this image has been out for several hours.

Lol so like Chuuni Byou then? Or even better...parody style.

Especially in light of this

Quote:
「とべる?・・・とべない? −−−−ここで、とべーーっ!」
小さな胸に秘めた悩みごとが、彼女たちを変態させる

現代よりもちょっとだけ未来の世界。
日本海と山々に囲まれた自然豊かな政令指定都市「七業市」。
そこで暮らす思春期の多感な少女達が
それぞれの可能性のトビラを叩く−−−。
忘れたくない、
きっとみんな、オトナになるために通って来た道程(みち)。

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-09-22 at 20:34.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 01:28   Link #268
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Like Chuuni Byou? So it really is not a Mahou shoujo series then
Old 2012-09-23, 02:48   Link #269
Seihai
スマイリウム

Kantoku's been my favourite artist for a long time now... tears of joy!! *throws all my money at the screen* Nothing happens... sadface
Old 2012-09-23, 03:52   Link #270
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
No, again, there's nothing at all in any of the articles suggesting that the Prism Nana girls are not mahou shoujo. The second article Cosmic Eagle posted there is just the original description which was posted with the series, which included some of the themes the story will be focusing on (flying, adolescent feelings, the journey of growing up, etc.), so I assume that some similarities there where what he was referring too (although I'm not terribly familiar with the details of Chuunibyou's story or setup). If there are monsters, and the girls are gonna be fighting them by transforming into magical costumes, however, then Prism Nana is blatantly going to be a mahou shoujo. The only thing you should expect is perhaps a bit more focus on emotion and personal character development/slice of life/etc., compared to the more standard final boss, threat to the world, etc. concept of general mahou shoujo, I guess. SHAFT is trying to push/expand boundaries here, not close them off by saying stupid things like "Prism Nana is not a mahou shoujo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lol so like Chuuni Byou then? Or even better...parody style.

Especially in light of this

Quote:
「とべる?・・・とべない? −−−−ここで、とべーーっ!」
小さな胸に秘めた悩みごとが、彼女たちを変態させる

現代よりもちょっとだけ未来の世界。
日本海と山々に囲まれた自然豊かな政令指定都市「七業市」。
そこで暮らす思春期の多感な少女達が
それぞれの可能性のトビラを叩く−−−。
忘れたくない、
きっとみんな、オトナになるために通って来た道程(みち)。
I still haven't really seen any particularly complete translations of stuff like this floating around anywhere so if anyone has got Japanese reading abilities, it'd actually be really appreciated if we could get translations (or I guess occasionally at least some summaries) instead of people just passing along, I think. Anyway, I tried my hand at this, seeing as I guess it provides a pretty good overview of what kind of content we can actually expect this show to be focusing on, so here it is. My previous disclaimer still applies--I'm NOT particularly fluent (yet? :P) at reading Japanese (half of the vocabulary here was looked up using jisho), so take it with a grain of salt:

"You want to fly? You can't fly? ---Here, fly!"
Concealing worries inside their small hearts, these girls transform.

In a world just a bit beyond our current age.
The ordinance-designated city naturally enclosed by mountains and the Japanese sea, "Seven Karmas City".
Here, emotional girls living in the midst of puberty strike against the doors of their various potentialities.
We don't wish to forget,
certainly, everyone--the journeys we walked through for the sake of becoming adults.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 08:16   Link #271
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
No....I mean possibility of it being a case of the girls having chuuni byou syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

I still haven't really seen any particularly complete translations of stuff like this floating around anywhere so if anyone has got Japanese reading abilities, it'd actually be really appreciated if we could get translations (or I guess occasionally at least some summaries) instead of people just passing along, I think. Anyway, I tried my hand at this, seeing as I guess it provides a pretty good overview of what kind of content we can actually expect this show to be focusing on, so here it is. My previous disclaimer still applies--I'm NOT particularly fluent (yet? :P) at reading Japanese (half of the vocabulary here was looked up using jisho), so take it with a grain of salt:

"You want to fly? You can't fly? ---Here, fly!"
Concealing worries inside their small hearts, these girls transform.

In a world just a bit beyond our current age.
The ordinance-designated city naturally enclosed by mountains and the Japanese sea, "Seven Karmas City".
Here, emotional girls living in the midst of puberty strike against the doors of their various potentialities.
We don't wish to forget,
certainly, everyone--the journeys we walked through for the sake of becoming adults.

"Fly?....Can't fly? Fly here! (as in fly at this spot)"

Despite concealing their troubles in their little hearts, these girls transform.

A world that is just slightly ahead in our future timeline

A government designated city that is enclosed by the abundant nature of the Japan Sea and mountains, 七業市 (don't want to attempt to romanize this until an official pronunciation is given)

The girls living there who feel the many pangs of puberty beat upon their respective doors of possibilty.

We don't want to forget,

the road that everyone definitely took to become an adult

So yeah..that's why I say...could be a case of them having 8th grader syndrome. Especially when taken with that description that says the reason for their transformation is unknown.

Not that it was definitely said so....just something I was considering

Chuuni Byou = 8th grader syndrome BTW....can be generally categorized as the feeling that young kids (although can be applied to any age really) have of possessing great power or being the real rulers of the world etc Can be sign of inner turmoil.

And no....I have not seen the show bearing the title with the same term so I am not referring to it

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-09-23 at 09:12.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 11:06   Link #272
redgrnbluylw

...but seriously, does anybody know what the supposedly new trailer is like? I can't seem to find anything on it on the Internet.
Old 2012-09-23, 21:12   Link #273
sirn
田舎者言うな

According to 2ch, it's a short PV, with possibly new songs (because surrounding is so loud it's hard to hear) and handful of new scene. SHAFT's booth in Kyomaf is surrounded by MBS, Bandai and large part of the booth is Madoka.

...that, or maybe this is some epic trolling.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:13   Link #274
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
According to 2ch, it's a short PV, with possibly new songs (because surrounding is so loud it's hard to hear) and handful of new scene. SHAFT's booth in Kyomaf is surrounded by MBS, Bandai and large part of the booth is Madoka.

...that, or maybe this is some epic trolling.
Man, I really feel like I have to see this one. I'm suffering from Shaft withdrawal, I hope you understand. It has been way too long since Nisemonogatari, and Hidamari Honeycomb just can't come soon enough. I know the latter is only like 10 days away, but still.

Yeah, I saw a few low quality screenshots on Google of the trailer, but still basically nothing. New songs would sound nice. Why won't they just announce an air date already?! It's so frustrating.
Old 2012-09-24, 20:36   Link #275
ivari

What screenshots? Can you share it with us?
ivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:47   Link #276
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivari View Post
What screenshots? Can you share it with us?
Ok, I can't exactly prove that these are screenshots of new footage, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them before:

Old 2012-09-30, 03:42   Link #277
Debeki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQax...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Debeki; 2012-09-30 at 04:06.
Debeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:46   Link #278
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Cardboard cutouts!

It looks pretty nice, actually.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:01   Link #279
Horse

Release format please. And dates.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:35   Link #280
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

If anything, I still don't get why...with all the battling and all....this isn't a mahou shoujo series... or if that statement was a troll...*shrugs* anyway, still looking forward to this.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote