AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-18, 23:41   Link #1
SekiRyOu

Jiraiya Vs. Itachi [Spoilers]

When the two met up in the manga, Jiraiya was confident that he would be able to kill both Itachi and Kisame...Was he just bullshitting?

IMO...he cant even handle Itachi alone...we havent even seen what Itachi can really do...and what are the chances of Jiraiya withstanding the Mange-sharingan?

Also...Orochimaru says that Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru himself and when Jiraiya faught Orochimaru(drunk vs handicaped), Orochimaru looked like he could own Jiraiya...

So to me, when Jiraiya said that he would kill the Akatsuki duo, he was either underestimating them or just pulling their legs, flashing his "Legendary Toad Senin" title to try and scare them away...
Old 2003-11-18, 23:57   Link #2
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well, it's right that I don't think that Jiraiya can beat Itachi.
Too old and not the good capacity against him, he hasn't the body to escape the mange sharingan like Gai.

But don't underestimate Jiraiya too much, he's one of the Sannin, you can't think that you can beat him easily if you want to survive, that's why Itachi flees (without speaking of the fact that he had used 2 time the mange sharingan), you must be a fool to fight against Jiraiya for no reason even if in the end you would be the winner.

Beside we don't know all the jutsu of Jiraiya, but you can assume that he know many extremely dangerous ones still unknown.

So even if Itachi is stronger than Jiraiya (and I believe it's the case), Jiraiya is a threat, you can't take him lightly.
Old 2003-11-18, 23:57   Link #3
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Uh.. I think he was surprised at how strong Itachi was. I don't think Kisame is stronger than Jiraiya. It took Jiraiya a good while to dispel that fire field they made..
Old 2003-11-19, 00:04   Link #4
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekiRyOu
When the two met up in the manga, Jiraiya was confident that he would be able to kill both Itachi and Kisame...Was he just bullshitting?

IMO...he cant even handle Itachi alone...we havent even seen what Itachi can really do...and what are the chances of Jiraiya withstanding the Mange-sharingan?

Also...Orochimaru says that Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru himself and when Jiraiya faught Orochimaru(drunk vs handicaped), Orochimaru looked like he could own Jiraiya...

So to me, when Jiraiya said that he would kill the Akatsuki duo, he was either underestimating them or just pulling their legs, flashing his "Legendary Toad Senin" title to try and scare them away...

let's not forget...

1) we haven't seen all of what Jiraiya can do either... remember that the Konoha council asked if Jiraiya could become the next Hokage... to be a hokage you have to know at least a thousand different jutsus.

2)I could say that at the time when Jiraiya actually met with Kisame and Itachi, they were forced to flee. But both of us know that Itachi was at a disadvantage, having used the mange sharingan two times prior. Which in itself is a good point. Mange Sharingan is extremely powerful and all that... but he can only do it so many times... if one uses kage bushin, it could be possible to play the 'who is the real Jiraiya' game... which would then be a disadvantage to Itachi.

3) I wouldn't say it was drunk vs handicapped... more like drugged vs. handicapped. The micky Tsunade slipped into Jiraiya's drink screwed up his chakra control... hence when he tried to summon Gamabunta, he only summoned the small frog. And you can't say that any worthy ninja could easily improvise or anything like that... It would be like saying in the middle of a fight you forgot that you broke your good arm yesterday. Sure you can use your left, but it won't be as effective.

It's a judgement call though, I'm sure it wouldn't be a simple fight considering Itachi's ability. But we haven't seen any of these guys actually trying to pull a trump card though.
Old 2003-11-19, 00:22   Link #5
P1RO N1NJ4

Send a message via AIM to P1RO N1NJ4
I think Jiraiya is really powerful because he's got 50 years worth of experience and knows a helluva lot of jutsus, but Itachi's got youth, stamina, and physical strength, as well as his Sharingans that can copy Jiraiya's jutsus. All in all I think Itachi would come out on top.
Old 2003-11-19, 00:32   Link #6
Stickels
Just passing by

Jiraiya would call in his bitches and they'd slap the hell out of Itachi.
Old 2003-11-19, 00:45   Link #7
SekiRyOu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
2)I could say that at the time when Jiraiya actually met with Kisame and Itachi, they were forced to flee. But both of us know that Itachi was at a disadvantage, having used the mange sharingan two times prior. Which in itself is a good point. Mange Sharingan is extremely powerful and all that... but he can only do it so many times... if one uses kage bushin, it could be possible to play the 'who is the real Jiraiya' game... which would then be a disadvantage to Itachi.

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu...

hmmmmmm...

might be the only real weakness to mange sharingan...
Old 2003-11-19, 01:02   Link #8
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekiRyOu
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu...

hmmmmmm...

might be the only real weakness to mange sharingan...
well yea, even the byakugen cant tell the difference between the clones

who knows who will win, Itachi didnt want to fight jiriya, of course he used mange sharingan 2wice, but even in that state itachi wouldve fought Gai, kakashi, and kureni. (not at the pond just in general) Maybe he respects the ero sennin to a certain extent.
Old 2003-11-19, 02:29   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I doubt Itachi and the shark guy really knew how strong Jiraiya is. It was too much of a risk. Also don't forget about Naruto being there. Even if Itachi and shark guy beat Jiraiya, shark guy would probably be down and itachi would probably be injured. If so the last thing they would want is naruto letting the kyubi chakara out and going berserk like he did against haku. Normally even full kyubi naruto would have no chance in hell against Itachi, but a tired, injured Itachi might be different.
Old 2003-11-19, 04:06   Link #10
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

can't say. I bet jiraya hasn't gone all out yet. We still don't know the full abilities of these two. In the only fight that jiraiya was in, he was suffering the effects of a drug
Old 2003-11-19, 04:30   Link #11
Vaelen
Evul

Send a message via MSN to Vaelen
Jiraya is one of the Sannin and thus should not be underestimated.. itachi and Kisame knows this and tries to avoid a fight... They might be able to take him down but not without trouble, and I dont think that they would want to flaunt their abilities.. Remember, their shinobis, they know when to and when not to strike..

Thats all for now, have to hurry of to school..
Old 2003-11-19, 05:23   Link #12
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
Sharingan see's Bunshins as flames of Chakra.

Anyways, Itachi could have beaten Jiraiya (not easily, but not too difficult), Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraiya, and Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru, Kisame on the other hand would not have been a problem for Jiraiya.

Naruto could not have beaten Itachi, even tired or injured, even with the Kyuubi's Chakra, or Kyuubi coming out like against Haku. The Mange Sharingan would defeat him, and if not that one of the thousands of other jutsu's I'm sure Itachi knows. Thats all there is to that.
Old 2003-11-19, 05:51   Link #13
archzai

what about his toad stomach justsu?

im still sort of confused as to what happened there...

was it an actual toad's stomach? or was that just a nickname for the flesh wall?

cuz jiraiya seemed quite confident of that jutsu... and yet it got owned...
Old 2003-11-19, 07:50   Link #14
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death

As for the three Sannins I think they are all equal like paper rock and scisors.

Hmm I wouldnt really know who would win againts Itachi vs Jiraiya. Right now we dont know the abilities of the 2 Ninjas real well. But I am leaning to Jiraiya for the win since im thinking with all of his experience he encountered a sharingan master before. Hmm I wonder if the frog hypnosis would work Itachi? Heck I say Tsunade has better chance of beating Itachi. I seriously doubt that the Mange Sharingan will work on her. Yes I know that he can do other things but I have a feeling that he will use that attack as one of his first.

I think if Itachi and Jiraiya would have fought when they first met he would have lost IMO. As everyone said Itachi made a smart move by knowing the limits of his body.

Hmm I wonder if the frog hypnosis would work Itachi.
Old 2003-11-19, 08:50   Link #15
Vaelen
Evul

Quote:
Sharingan see's Bunshins as flames of Chakra.
Thats normal bunshins.. not Kage Bunshin.. I doubt a Sharingan would be able to tell them apart when Neji can not...
Old 2003-11-19, 09:27   Link #16
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
the sharingan doesn't see the clones as flames, its the other type, i cant think of what its called, like a mirage...like what those three gues did in the forest in the 2nd exam when naruto , sasuke, sakura, and kabuta walked into there trap... those fakes r seen as flames, but not clones
Old 2003-11-19, 11:53   Link #17
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Everyone here knows why Orochimaru considers Itachi stronger than him. It's not by the pure meaning of "strenght". Orochimaru considers strenght the number of jutsu you know, as he said in the battle against the 3rd, "... I'll achieve every jutsu and obtain a knowledge all over the world...". Oro's want to be the strongest, so he needs all jutsu. That's why he wants Sasuke-kun's body and his Sharingan. And that's why he considers Itachi stronger than him. Simple:

Itachi + Mange Sharingan = countless jutsu = stronger than Oro, in Oro's freak mind

Anyways, we can't really tell who's stronger. But Orochimaru with his arms is indeed stronger than Jiraiya now. Jiraiya is a bit old, besides Oro has a new body. So I'd say we can't really say who's stronger, Itachi or Jiraiya. The only way of knowing that is see their full strenght, which we haven't seen yet...

PS. Just pointing out something to avoid confusions. I'm not saying Orochimaru is stronger than Itachi, nor saying Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru. Unfortanely, we don't know, since for Oro strenght means the number of jutsu you know, as stated above, and obviously he's wrong.
Old 2003-11-19, 11:53   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

That's something that I wondered since a long time (but I was too lazy to make a thread just for that ), the effect of the mange sharingan on a Kage Bunshin.
The point is : the mind is divided or the clones share a common mind?

Gabriel710 : There is absolutely no reason that the mange sharingan doesn't work on Tsunade.
And what's the frog hypnosis? Even if I don't think that you can hypnotize a true sharingan's user.
Old 2003-11-19, 12:48   Link #19
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
The reason the byakugan can't tell the difference between the clones and the real body is because the chakra is shared equally amongst them, so since they all have their own chakra system, he can't tell them apart like that. As for the sharingan, its supposed to be able to see through any jutsu, but could kakashi see through Zabuza's water clones?
Old 2003-11-19, 12:50   Link #20
Vaelen
Evul

Actually I dont think that Oro estimates strength on number of jutsus alone..
Its a part of it but not all... A person as smart and legendary as Oro, I dont think he would count number of jutsus as strength levels...
Closed Thread