AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 16:58   Link #8001
Esg

Quote:
Amuro's reputation is irrelevant. He was a regular soldier by the time Zeta came around, so it's not like the plot demanded that he showed. And in fact, he
Uh wrong. He was a flight instructor with the Feds before he got involved and they had him in lockdown because they feared newtypes. Saying he was acknowledged as average is false
Quote:
only appeared for a while, if my memory is correct, before disappearing again until CCA.
He showed up for at least two or three arcs.

>When they were attacking Jabero
>When they fought Buran
>Hong Kong
>Killimanjaro

That isn't a while
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:20   Link #8002
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
Uh wrong. He was a flight instructor with the Feds before he got involved and they had him in lockdown because they feared newtypes. Saying he was acknowledged as average is false

He showed up for at least two or three arcs.

>When they were attacking Jabero
>When they fought Buran
>Hong Kong
>Killimanjaro

That isn't a while
I ws talking about his position in the military. You said he was a flight instructor? So he wasn't even going on active missions.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:58   Link #8003
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
"take it with a grain of salt" is an old expression. so its like "take it for what its worth" or "to accept a thing less than fully" but i bet you already knew of this expression
No, I know that, I know the definition. But I'm wondering what you actually ment by that. Seed's success is rater well documented, so I'm not sure what you are suposed "accept less than fully"..
Old 2013-07-02, 19:03   Link #8004
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
No, I know that, I know the definition. But I'm wondering what you actually meant by that. Seed's success is rater well documented, so I'm not sure what you are supposed "accept less than fully"..
It was a quote, by some anonymous guy who answered my question on "why is Seed Popular in Japan while in the West it is regarded as the worst Gundam series to date." What he was saying is the nostalgia of 0079, fancy graphics/MS and famous actors/singers is what made it stick. so thats why i said take it for what its worth, he could be right or he could be wrong. There is no doubt that Seed/Destiny sold well in all categories though.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:36   Link #8005
Esg

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I ws talking about his position in the military. You said he was a flight instructor? So he wasn't even going on active missions.
Well in universe he's a Legended even by Zeta. I mean he's the guy who beat the Red Comet and participated in the deaths of at least two Zabis. The only reason the Feddies didn't promote him was because they were afraid of Newtypes. Lets not also forget he was rich from patenting Haro, so even without his OYW crd he's still marginally famous. So yeah he wasn't just a regular soldier but a multimillionaire war hero
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:32   Link #8006
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
Well in universe he's a Legended even by Zeta. I mean he's the guy who beat the Red Comet and participated in the deaths of at least two Zabis. The only reason the Feddies didn't promote him was because they were afraid of Newtypes. Lets not also forget he was rich from patenting Haro, so even without his OYW crd he's still marginally famous. So yeah he wasn't just a regular soldier but a multimillionaire war hero
Again, I wasn't talking about his wealth or celebrity status.
Old 2013-07-03, 06:33   Link #8007
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
It was a quote, by some anonymous guy who answered my question on "why is Seed Popular in Japan while in the West it is regarded as the worst Gundam series to date." What he was saying is the nostalgia of 0079, fancy graphics/MS and famous actors/singers is what made it stick. so thats why i said take it for what its worth, he could be right or he could be wrong. There is no doubt that Seed/Destiny sold well in all categories though.
Well he is right for the most part, except the fact that the West and the east are not equal.. Not even close! The diference between the Japanese market and the western market is so huge that Badai simply doesn't care what westerners think about SEED. (Or any other Gundam for the matter)

e.g. Wing did really well among certain groupes of people in the west, but in Japan it didn't capture the masses. (got it's ass kicked by Evangelion) and therefore it's considered a failure.. All the TV shows except 0079 (reruns), Zeta, SEED and Destiny are either considered a moderate success (e.g. ZZ, OO) or a failure (Age, etc).

I believe this was a direct quote from the CEO of Bandai / Sunrise in an interview, "We don't make Gundam for westerners".
Old 2013-07-04, 23:17   Link #8008
quagmire

Latest remaster ep is out......Like Seed/Destiny needed any more fan service.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 23:21   Link #8009
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

but for the same franchise that upscaled Fllay's service shots in HD.... this is lazy.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:24   Link #8010
I Fail at Life

Who they waste it on?
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 23:29   Link #8011
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
but for the same franchise that upscaled Fllay's service shots in HD.... this is lazy.
At least those shots existed in the original version right? This is a new shot unless it was in the special edition(haven't seen them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Who they waste it on?
Luna while she was peaking into the Savior with Athrun in it....
Old 2013-07-04, 23:29   Link #8012
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Luna's upskirt of course. With the turn of events, I'm already being prepared to be disappointed in the Angel Bath scene.

Quote:
At least those shots existed in the original version thought right?
No, the Scene in the sea episode with Fllay is a totally redrawn scene. (She looks like she's a Majestic Prince Character), in fact; most redrawn scenes; or scenes pulled out of the special edition involve her.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:31   Link #8013
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Meh, I'd be more interested in seeing Meyrin's strip being in HD, but this IS Destiny we're talking about.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:35   Link #8014
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Meh, I'd be more interested in seeing Meyrin's strip being in HD, but this IS Destiny we're talking about.
they already have key frames from Fllay, so it's not that much of a stretch now.

@quagmire, here's a SEED HD fanservice scene, not being done lazy

Old 2013-07-04, 23:37   Link #8015
quagmire

Quote:
Luna's upskirt of course. With the turn of events, I'm already being prepared to be disappointed in the Angel Bath scene.

No, the Scene in the sea episode with Fllay is a totally redrawn scene. (She looks like she's a Majestic Prince Character), in fact; most redrawn scenes; or scenes pulled out of the special edition involve her.
I meant in the sense there was supposed to be fan service in those scenes with Fllay.

But, I take back what I said. I thought the Luna up skirt was a new fan service scene. Just went back to the original and the fan service was there. Just the remaster takes it to a new level.....
Old 2013-07-05, 00:13   Link #8016
monster

LOL, with the news about Build Fighters, I forgot this comes out today, shame on me. Then again, today being a legal holiday in this country doesn't help.

EDIT: Ok, I finally watched it, and I don't know if this already started on an earlier episode of the remaster, but it looks like they're using markings now on some mobile suits:
Spoiler for image:
I'm actually liking the marking on the shield, and the numbers are alright, but I could do without those other markings. Unfortunately, it looks like the Strike Freedom will be getting its own version of the markings:
Spoiler for image:
That's too bad.

Last edited by monster; 2013-07-05 at 01:37.
Old 2013-07-05, 01:22   Link #8017
The American Average
2LMES

when i was watching the episode Kira gave Cagalli, Athrun's ring. so like when did Kira get that?
Old 2013-07-05, 01:26   Link #8018
ssbb210

Quote:
when i was watching the episode Kira gave Cagalli, Athrun's ring. so like when did Kira get that?
episode 14
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 01:31   Link #8019
sky black swordman

Quote:
It was in the envelope with the letter that Cagali's servant personally hand deliver to Kira in episode 14.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:20   Link #8020
Skye629

Quote:
they already have key frames from fllay, so it's not that much of a stretch now.

@quagmire, here's a seed hd fanservice scene, not being done lazy

awwww yeaaahhh lol

fanservice ftw

Anyways as for the latest episode: YAY Saviour, I really really really hope we get a MG kit of it......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep