AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-22, 17:53   Link #61
Laxe

I must admit I was quite taken back by the whole big-bodied style this anime has it's certainly worth tolerating since the whole concept is just so appealing to me (who studies martial arts too).

I didn't really think the animation was bad, like a previous poster I barely noticed. I think we can expect to see some kinda romantic 'event' happen but I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know.

This is certainly a series I shall be following unless it gets really bad but I very much doubt that
Old 2004-04-22, 18:52   Link #62
FlyByNite

So I read up on Musashi and he was about two centuries or so before Okita Soushi, but it appears he was the best samurai ever eh?

Man, why wouldn't a show be about him then?
Old 2004-04-22, 19:19   Link #63
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
So I read up on Musashi and he was about two centuries or so before Okita Soushi, but it appears he was the best samurai ever eh?

Man, why wouldn't a show be about him then?
I'm pretty sure there is...I know there's at least one manga where he is the main character. Not to mention I've already seen him in a number of other anime.

He appears to be one of the main characters in Shura no Toki as well.
Old 2004-04-23, 02:44   Link #64
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
For once Musashi is potrayed as shellfish lawful neutral. From the OP too, Jubei Yagyu himself also coming in this story.

I wonder if Kojiro Sasaki will be in as well.

I watching this anime with great interest.

Musashi legend is done to death in Japanese media, I guess the creators want to focus on some other legendary fighter that did not use sword for once in chambara genre.

From the OP too, I can see 3 different faces of Mutsu fighters, perhaps the anime will cover 3 generations of this martial arts and their fights against some of the most renowned fighters in Japan.
Old 2004-04-23, 06:09   Link #65
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
For once Musashi is potrayed as shellfish lawful neutral.
Shellfish?? --> LOL

I think you meant selfish.
Old 2004-04-24, 10:09   Link #66
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
From the OP too, I can see 3 different faces of Mutsu fighters, perhaps the anime will cover 3 generations of this martial arts and their fights against some of the most renowned fighters in Japan.
Yeap, I've read the manga long time ago (like 6 years ago) and
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-28, 23:11   Link #67
AnimeFangirl

Oh man, that Mutsu dude is HOT!! How can I not watch more of this series? More Mutsu in a loincloth, please!! Hao, I am unspeakably tempted to click on that spoiler...Ugh! I clicked on it. Damn! >_<
Old 2004-04-29, 01:32   Link #68
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Wink

Too lazy to type so I'll just quote myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero Gunsou
(In this show they only cover 3 of the Mutsu, all from different period: 八雲 (Yakumo, born 159?), 天斗 (Takato, Yakumo's son, born 1612~1614), and 出海 (Izumi, born 1839).

As for the famous historical figures, there are Miyamoto Musashi, Yagyuu Juubei, Okita Souji, Hijakata Toshizou, and Sakamoto Ryuuma.
If you want to read my whole post just go to page 3.
Old 2004-04-29, 02:45   Link #69
AnimeFangirl

What I meant it that I wish I didn't know there were 3 Mutsu =__= and now I know. That's taken down my enjoyment a notch, I wish there was only one. Oh well, might as well enjoy this one while I can.
Old 2004-04-29, 03:19   Link #70
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
For once Musashi is potrayed as shellfish lawful neutral.
This line begs for a goofy pun. I was gonna come across with one but maybe I'd better just clam up...
Old 2004-04-29, 04:13   Link #71
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

WOW...I just fell in love with this anime...people really are too attracted to all of that other flashy crap. It's rare that I savor the minutes of an anime, checking every now and then to see how much longer I have and lamenting that the time left is so short.

First, the music here is awesome- piano solos for quiet parts, guitars and strings TOGETHER in action scenes- I want the OST

Oh, and speaking of the action scenes- they may be short, but holy crap they are sweet. I've seen 2 eps.- the fight at the beginning of ep. 2 was just too SWEET!

Finally, for some reason, I already care about the characters. Maybe because it's because none of them are like the stupid, annoying characters in other animes.

Oh, and I didn't see any problems in what Mutsu said to Shiori. He was emphasizing the differences between a man and a woman. Call me a pig or whatever, but I consider myself an old-school romantic and find that refreshing.

HIGHEST RECOMMEDATIONS ON THIS ONE!
Old 2004-04-29, 10:16   Link #72
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Im intrested in the anime. anyone have any recommendations on who does the best subbing for it?
Old 2004-04-29, 14:25   Link #73
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

well, live-evil's first two were pretty darn good- great vid. quality, good explanations on terms, no funky translations.

I may be too impatient, though, to wait for them to catch up to the others- i'm going to try lunar
Old 2004-04-29, 14:43   Link #74
AnimeFangirl

I haven't seen L-E's yet, but I watched Lunar's 1-3 and Aoi's 4 and there was nothing wrong with either of them, except that Lunar's choice of font was hard on my eyes at first. I think I'm going to watch Aoi's and then burn L-E's if they turn out to be really good. I like L-E's sizes for the first 2 eps anyway, very reasonable.
Old 2004-05-01, 14:16   Link #75
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I love this anime. I also found the opening pretty good. Lunar's version is pretty damn good quality...I didnt mind the font they used. Seemed fine to me. I am very excited about how this show is going to turn out although the 3 chapter thingy is getting to me for some reason. I like sticking with 1 set of characters per anime. :-\
Old 2004-05-01, 14:28   Link #76
Yukina

Shura no Toki is a collection of short stories.
Although the Musashi arc will end in a few episodes, I think it has a great ending!

As for who subs it the best, I think Live-Evil does a good job. As far as Aoi and Lunar go, I would say that they are on the same level, except that Aoi releases it much faster. That and Lunar has an ugly font and bigger file sizes. Encoders should really keep in mind that not everyone owns a DVD burner. x_X
Old 2004-05-04, 19:20   Link #77
donna8157

Hi! I really enjoy this series a lot also. The entire feel of it reminds of Rurouni Kenshin. The female lead character actually looks and acts like Kaoru from RK. Lol. I thought it was funny. So the Musashi arc will end soon? How many episodes? 13 or so? Hmm.. where do you get the manga from? Do they have translated manga for this series?
Old 2004-05-04, 22:24   Link #78
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukina
Shura no Toki is a collection of short stories.
Although the Musashi arc will end in a few episodes, I think it has a great ending!

As for who subs it the best, I think Live-Evil does a good job. As far as Aoi and Lunar go, I would say that they are on the same level, except that Aoi releases it much faster. That and Lunar has an ugly font and bigger file sizes. Encoders should really keep in mind that not everyone owns a DVD burner. x_X
But Yakumo will still be the main character, right? That is my current understanding atleast.
Old 2004-05-04, 22:54   Link #79
donna8157

This particular Yakumo in the Musashi chapter won't be the main character in the next part. I read that the name Mutsu etc. is passed down to the person that learns that technique so basically the entire series will be based on generations of men that have learned that fighting technique.
Old 2004-05-05, 00:07   Link #80
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Oh man, that Mutsu dude is HOT!! How can I not watch more of this series? More Mutsu in a loincloth, please!! Hao, I am unspeakably tempted to click on that spoiler...Ugh! I clicked on it. Damn! >_<
Here's another temptation for u
Spoiler for Timeline of Mutsu Enmei-ryuu saga:
Closed Thread