2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-30, 17:43   Link #261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
I wonder what would Ali do against all the CB gundams including raizer and archer.
Well as shown in this episode, he knows he'll be outnumbered with four on one, so he left. It was shown also that he can handle two of them, though he may even be able to handle three depending on who he's up against.
Old 2008-11-30, 17:45   Link #262
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Hate him or like him, his skills as a pilot is unmatched, at least you know the fights will be intense other than Mr. Bushido.

I wonder what would Ali do against all the CB gundams including raizer and archer.
maybe it will be like the first time Exia used TRANS-AM. the O-Raizer will arrive at the last second and Ali will retreat.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 17:48   Link #263
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
maybe it will be like the first time Exia used TRANS-AM. the O-Raizer will arrive at the last second and Ali will retreat.
Considering how upgrades are introduced, that will happen. It would be a lot different, if Ali finds out all of CB pilots fighting tricks.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 18:32   Link #264
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Actually he has 4 arms. He never uses his legs for lightsaber combat. Just saying.

Anyway, I missed the episode, but it sounds good so I'll hopefully be able to see it later today.
Looks like you didn't see the first clone wars cartoon. Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA9-g...eature=related
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 18:46   Link #265
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Looks like you didn't see the first clone wars cartoon. Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA9-g...eature=related
break dancing grevious

What exactly is Billy doing with Mr. Bushido suit, upgrading the Ahead or making a scratch built MS for him with specific customary requirements?
Old 2008-11-30, 18:55   Link #266
sgogeta4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Because Ali is, officially, the best damn pilot ever to grace 00.
In the first ep when Ribbons first sent Ali with his new unit, he commented that Ali had exceeded being human in some aspects. And in this ep, Ali said he had been burned badly but healed... I wonder if Ribbons did any other modifications to Ali to boost his reflexes or something.
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 18:58   Link #267
Lendial

he was almost as dominant in S1 , but its a possibility.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 19:01   Link #268
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgogeta4 View Post
In the first ep when Ribbons first sent Ali with his new unit, he commented that Ali had exceeded being human in some aspects. And in this ep, Ali said he had been burned badly but healed... I wonder if Ribbons did any other modifications to Ali to boost his reflexes or something.
I don't really think so --- Ribbons 'exceeded being human' remake basically means that he is a devil, he holds no remorse for killing people at all, and basically does it for fun. He did act like that in the first season, though seeing him now especially in this episode, it just looks like that part of him is in complete control, he just doesn't care anymore.
Old 2008-11-30, 19:14   Link #269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Late to discussion but it was a pretty good episode. Really is a serious difference between Neil and Lyle. Just reflects that they have different things that mattered to them the most. Kataron is a lot more important to Lyle than the deaths of his family. Can bet when/if what Saji did comes out he won't be keeping such a cool and calm head. Also reflects that the one that will be going up against Ali in the end likely won't be Lyle. Still think that match will be Tieria's though he'll need a good boost to go up against a powerhouse like Ali's unit.

Conversations sure get cut off a lot in the series. Saji and Setsuna, Tieria and Setsuna, maybe its just Setsuna who isn't allowed to talk with someone until he's got nothing left to say . So both Louise and Saji should be thinking about each other more often. Though even after all of it neither knows what the other one is really involved in.

Still wonder how CB is going to pull this off. The other side has greater numbers, not a bad strategist, and increasingly improving strong units. Not looking good that's for sure. Well there is one good way to go about it. Forget the A-Laws and focus on regaining control over Veda. A good old trial system should help even the odds a bit .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-11-30 at 19:46.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 19:24   Link #270
mike_s_6

I think it's very likely that Seravee also has a lighter and faster Gundam inside it just like Virtue->Nadleeh, so perhaps he could pull off a good fight at that point.

And more thoughts...
Bushido asked for a powerful sword and great speed, certainly he's thinking of fighting Setsuna.

And let me say it again... I don't like Lyle.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 19:30   Link #271
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

CB will probably force Ribbons to come out to play and his mobile suit will get chopped up like Corners', and he'll then receive a message from Aeolia trolling him just before his unit blows up.
Old 2008-11-30, 19:41   Link #272
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
CB will probably force Ribbons to come out to play and his mobile suit will get chopped up like Corners', and he'll then receive a message from Aeolia trolling him just before his unit blows up.
Maybe he'll get omni-slashed by Setsuna and then yea, troll by Aeolia.

@Rev: Hey, nice sig! Ackerman for president!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:05   Link #273
wtfftw

gave it a 10 if i could put 11 i would.

This ep had it all what i ask of a mecha show. Constant fights and stuff. Man if sumeragi wasnt there they would all be dead.

Ribbons is starting to annoy me.

Tbh i think the meisters could use the old thrones right now, If they were still alive. Cuz at least the thrones attacked instead of going on the defense. IF CB isnt going to take out strategic targets of Alaws they will just get owned.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:14   Link #274
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
gave it a 10 if i could put 11 i would.

This ep had it all what i ask of a mecha show. Constant fights and stuff. Man if sumeragi wasnt there they would all be dead.

Ribbons is starting to annoy me.

Tbh i think the meisters could use the old thrones right now, If they were still alive. Cuz at least the thrones attacked instead of going on the defense. IF CB isnt going to take out strategic targets of Alaws they will just get owned.
If CB goes on the offensive then that just gives Ribbons more political ammo to use against them. Public opinion would strongly oppose CB because they would be disturbing the peace, A-LAWS recruiting and funding would increase, which means more man power + more newer suits being put out.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:37   Link #275
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
If CB goes on the offensive then that just gives Ribbons more political ammo to use against them. Public opinion would strongly oppose CB because they would be disturbing the peace, A-LAWS recruiting and funding would increase, which means more man power + more newer suits being put out.
DUDE

you assume A-LAWS is the world i dont. Obviously there other factions countries ok.

Going by YOUR logic the best way is to get hunted down like a scrub. And what the hell with social backing they have that already. Look IF there was PEACE CB would not interfere as they do now so There is no peace at least not for everyone and the entire point of the 2nd season.

ANd there is also no point and flying instead of taking an initiative. I dont care whether they publish shit A-LAWs does or take down strategic points. SOmething needs to be done instead of hiding in the ocean or space.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:41   Link #276
gaoyuanyuan1

Ali is so powerful. Don't know if he can take all four Gundams in a close combat. Ah!! Setsuna why can't you get better?
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:44   Link #277
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoyuanyuan1 View Post
Ali is so powerful. Don't know if he can take all four Gundams in a close combat.
He can, if he tricks them as he did with Tieria and Setsuna, maybe even use them to attack each other. Sure all units have their forte of combat, but it will be hard to deal with the blade, sabers, and fangs dodging and shooting all the time.
Old 2008-11-30, 20:54   Link #278
patnam

the 00 Gundam is much like Strike Freedom, use both GN Guns to destroy a battleship...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:57   Link #279
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

I really wasn't expecting the 00 there at the end, thought it would be the cherudim.
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 20:59   Link #280
Raikujin
finally had her fix

The fight between Ali and 00 + Seravee is too short, I was expecting more action to make up for the previous episodes, but I'm pretty glad to see Ali still kicking ass. I have to agree that he's one of the best pilots so far.

Ptolemy in Trans-Am mode was great too, other highlights include Revive beating Lindt in strategy and the Gadessa in action.

Plus! Kati is BEAUTIFUL!!
Raikujin is offline   Reply With Quote