Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 22:00   Link #261
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
They don't interact.

Seastone causes a df user to lose all his powers and strength, whilst armor haki only enables you to hit logia users (or else imbue your hits with more power).
I have a question if a devil fruit user uses haki around the inside of their seastone cuffs can they then be free to use their abilities and break out.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-02, 22:03   Link #262
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Haki doesn't protect like that. Once the cuffs are on, the powers are negated.
Old 2010-09-02, 22:59   Link #263
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Well I noticed that every major villain faction in One Piece has some sort of conclusion, like Thriller Bark Crew, CP9, Skypiean Priests and Baroque Works, but the East Blue Pirates doesnt have except for Hachi, Django, and Alvida and the future "yonkou" Captain Buggy:

"Sawtooth" Arlong - well he's a former Sunny Pirates, and said to be Jimbei's equal, and he knows some Fishman Karate too,
"Thousand Plans" Kuro - he has the second highest IQ in East Blue (the first being Roux or Beckham)
"Pirate Admiral" Don Krieg - I dont care about him, Mihawk defeated him soundly, all I care is "Devil Man" Gin's rematch with Sanji and their promise to meet someday

I hope their is some mentioning of them after the timeskip.
Old 2010-09-02, 23:07   Link #264
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Haki doesn't protect like that. Once the cuffs are on, the powers are negated.
Right so you cannot use haki if you have seastone cuffs? I think thats right because it hasn't been shown that someone can escape the cuffs even though they have haki. Although when roger talks to garp about ace the fire in the lantern goes out, is that haki or just used for effect.

A seastone weapon vs. a haki imbued weapon, what wins?
Old 2010-09-02, 23:09   Link #265
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Well I guess Kuma knew they weren't ready, which is why he sent them to different places to train, but I think the main reason was because Kizaru and Sentomaru would've killed the crew otherwise.

As for how Haki and seastone interact, it is unknown, but both seastone and armor Haki have the power to disrupt a devil fruit's power.
Yah I think that he wanted to protect them somehow given the desperate situation. He did pick pretty good places for each of them..
Old 2010-09-02, 23:30   Link #266
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Well I guess Kuma knew they weren't ready, which is why he sent them to different places to train, but I think the main reason was because Kizaru and Sentomaru would've killed the crew otherwise.
Still, he shouldn't have sent them far away. Most notably Nami on that Sky Island. Sky Islands randomly move place to place making it impossible to be reunited unless it can be controled by changing the direction of the wind.
Old 2010-09-02, 23:51   Link #267
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Right so you cannot use haki if you have seastone cuffs? I think thats right because it hasn't been shown that someone can escape the cuffs even though they have haki. Although when roger talks to garp about ace the fire in the lantern goes out, is that haki or just used for effect.

A seastone weapon vs. a haki imbued weapon, what wins?
I meant the Devil Fruit powers, not Haki. You've got this all mixed up. Stop trying to relate the two.

Devil Fruits are a mystical power housed inside odd-shaped produce. They grant magic powers which are negated by the sea or seastone.

Haki is an expression of the spirit of the person. It allows someone to, among other things, strike blows which harm the other person's spirit. It has nothing to do with the power of a Devil Fruit. It is a direct strike at the spirit of another person, attacking the core of that person beneath whatever protection they happen to have.

A haki weapon vs a seastone weapon will be determined by the strength of the weapon. Someone with good Haki could probably one, but there's no telling.
Old 2010-09-03, 00:49   Link #268
golgo13

Quote:
I meant the Devil Fruit powers, not Haki. You've got this all mixed up. Stop trying to relate the two.

Devil Fruits are a mystical power housed inside odd-shaped produce. They grant magic powers which are negated by the sea or seastone.

Haki is an expression of the spirit of the person. It allows someone to, among other things, strike blows which harm the other person's spirit. It has nothing to do with the power of a Devil Fruit. It is a direct strike at the spirit of another person, attacking the core of that person beneath whatever protection they happen to have.

A haki weapon vs a seastone weapon will be determined by the strength of the weapon. Someone with good Haki could probably one, but there's no telling.
It is the relation between haki and the seastones that I am talking about. If they are not related and do not negate each other how come people haven't used haki to escape from the seastone cuffs? How come the prisoners of impel down, some of whom must have had insane haki, did not escape?
Old 2010-09-03, 01:15   Link #269
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Because there is no relation. Again, stop treating it like these two things are somehow connected. Haki strengthens attacks. It doesn't magically break cuffs or change the physical properties of objects. Having Haki is irrelevant when you're wearing handcuffs that are harder than diamond.
Old 2010-09-03, 01:22   Link #270
golgo13

Quote:
Because there is no relation. Again, stop treating it like these two things are somehow connected. Haki strengthens attacks. It doesn't magically break cuffs or change the physical properties of objects. Having Haki is irrelevant when you're wearing handcuffs that are harder than diamond.
Seastones and cuffs are the only thing that is used to pacify prisoners, so what if you are wearing cuffs if you can use haki you can take out guards. What power did rayleigh use to remove keimi's slave collar? And you can imbue objects with haki so..
Old 2010-09-03, 01:39   Link #271
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If you're wearing cuffs, how exactly do you plan to fight the guards while handcuffed? They can use their hands and shoot you. You can't do the same, and unless you have King's Haki you aren't doing the knockout trick.

All Rayleigh did was wait for the collar to explode then tossed it in the split second between it triggering and it exploding. Or whatever. It wasn't Haki. Imbuing objects with Haki does not change their properties, only coats them in a shield so they hit harder.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:15   Link #272
golgo13

Quote:
If you're wearing cuffs, how exactly do you plan to fight the guards while handcuffed? They can use their hands and shoot you. You can't do the same, and unless you have King's Haki you aren't doing the knockout trick.

All Rayleigh did was wait for the collar to explode then tossed it in the split second between it triggering and it exploding. Or whatever. It wasn't Haki. Imbuing objects with Haki does not change their properties, only coats them in a shield so they hit harder.
I don't see handcuffs as that limiting if you can use haki effectively. Use a two handed weapon? Most of the cuffs the prisoners were wearing were of the chain variety anyways..What are gun shots gonna do if you can protect your body with armor (like imbued clothing if thats possible)? Intimidate if you can, use your speed and take them all out, take their weapons imbue them and continue..basically you don't need df and you can fight df users..maybe these prisoners were identified and placed in lvl 6 with limited mobility and more restrictions..but something bothered me about impel down and protecting against effective haki users..

I don't know what imbuing an object with haki does, whether it coats the object or whether it actually imbues, i.e. completely permeate the object with haki power..

Maybe rayleigh used observational haki to 'know' when to throw the collar, like right after the explosion broke the collar but wasn't completely done exploding..it isn't clear how he did it.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:21   Link #273
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Since when has Haki deflected bullets? You're attributing far too much to this ability. It doesn't make the user faster. It makes them hit harder, but only as an extension of their attacks. Locked in a cell and chained up, you really aren't going much of anywhere. It also isn't so pervasive as you're trying to make it out to be. Not everyone awakens it, and the few that do are usually the best of the best.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:28   Link #274
golgo13

Quote:
Since when has Haki deflected bullets? You're attributing far too much to this ability. It doesn't make the user faster. It makes them hit harder, but only as an extension of their attacks. Locked in a cell and chained up, you really aren't going much of anywhere. It also isn't so pervasive as you're trying to make it out to be. Not everyone awakens it, and the few that do are usually the best of the best.
its not like a few bullets are gonna stop one of these guys, whitebeard was hit ~500 bullets among other things, during a war..if you can imbue a piece of cloth, armor, done. i'm not saying it makes them faster, if you can use haki (yes i am talking about best of the best, what impel down was designed to hold) you are prob fast anyways, sure maybe not. i know i'm attributing a lot to it bc its a power that seems very exploitable. in any case, it seems like a haki user could be a sh1t disturber in impel down but nothing like that was ever hinted..
Old 2010-09-03, 04:43   Link #275
pampz21
ShipCore

hmmm after rewatching OP it made me think that Lola's mama is one of the Yonkou cuz her crewmate said that she's a great pirate....wish Nami and Lola's maman meet in the new world!

PS:sorry for the off topic!

EDIT: maybe after 2yrs of training luffy will master Haki cuz he has shown it several times....
The Armament Haki thing is when he fought black beard who was yami no otoko!
Observation Haki is when he new he'll be cut by Mihawk
well the conquering of king haki is well it was shown several times!

he'll be like Rayligh and the Roger!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-09-03 at 06:15.
Old 2010-09-03, 05:09   Link #276
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
its not like a few bullets are gonna stop one of these guys, whitebeard was hit ~500 bullets among other things, during a war..if you can imbue a piece of cloth, armor, done. i'm not saying it makes them faster, if you can use haki (yes i am talking about best of the best, what impel down was designed to hold) you are prob fast anyways, sure maybe not. i know i'm attributing a lot to it bc its a power that seems very exploitable. in any case, it seems like a haki user could be a sh1t disturber in impel down but nothing like that was ever hinted..
If you have what it takes to use Haki then you are likely NOT gonna be guarded by ordinary guards... you will likely be stuck on level 5 at the very least and be guarded by more serious forces; not to mention all that time exposed to the cold is bound to weaken your body. Escape itself is not even really possible... seastone is said to be as hard as diamond, so even with Haki you are not gonna have the strength to break out of your cuffs and cell... and even if you do manage to escape and best the guards, Magellan is who you'll end up dealing with and he WILL crush you.
Old 2010-09-03, 06:10   Link #277
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
No one said it magically breaks cuffs what I meant was that if the person could put armour haki around their wrists (not the cuffs the wrists) then the seastone cuffs wouldn't neccessarily be touching them so wouldnt they be able to use their powers to break free?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-03, 06:20   Link #278
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
No one said it magically breaks cuffs what I meant was that if the person could put armour haki around their wrists (not the cuffs the wrists) then the seastone cuffs wouldn't neccessarily be touching them so wouldnt they be able to use their powers to break free?
Considering marco can use armor haki to attack, and he couldn't break free... no, it does not work that way
Old 2010-09-03, 13:42   Link #279
Miccheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Considering marco can use armor haki to attack, and he couldn't break free... no, it does not work that way
I think armor haki is a part of you
So when it touches the seastone cuffs, you are touching it and the cuffs will block your df powers
Just a theory though
Old 2010-09-03, 14:03   Link #280
trafalgarcito

seastone weakens the DF user's body and soul probably, maybe it even removes the user's will directly....(can you save yourself and not drown in the ocean with haki??? i hope not...)

i wonder how can you use haki against perona...if she gets a hold of the person's will by filling your heart with negativity, your ambition is clearly compromised....
Closed Thread