AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-28, 17:45   Link #13761
Ashaman

Good question. Not the question I asked, but good question none the less.

I thnk its because at the time they were making pages, Saten didn't fit anywhere else.

Though now that their is a place for her under AC residents, mabe she should be moved.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.

Oh well. Can someone please tell me where in the novels Aiwass talks about awakening?
Old 2011-08-28, 20:13   Link #13762
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Oh well. Can someone please tell me where in the novels Aiwass talks about awakening?
Off the top of my head, Volume 19. Either the epilogue or the chapter before it.
Old 2011-08-28, 22:19   Link #13763
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
From all the mention of wind, I feel as though this is what she does, but does anyone disagree?
It also seems to reflect the attacks, think of the last time with the ice knives.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:26   Link #13764
Hiro Hayase

The Femme Fatale in volume 22 is the maiden of Versailles, right? For some reason, it feels like they stopped translating the honorifics in volume 22.

Are there any english publishing companies that leave the Japanese honorifics when they translate Japanese Light Novel's? I really hate it when they never stay to true the author's intent or the LN place of origin. Most or all the companies seem to insist on taking Japan out of Light Novels, Manga, and Anime. Sometimes they use censorship as well and downgrade the language for a younger audience.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-08-29 at 08:37.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:34   Link #13765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
The Femme Fatale in volume 22 is the maiden of Versailles, right? For some reason, it feels like they stopped translating the honorifics in volume 22.
Yeah, Kamachi went through a relatively lengthily description about her very presence on the battlefield

Quote:
Are there any english publishing companies that leave the Japanese honorifics when translating Japanese LN? I really hate it when they never stay to true the author's intent or the LN place of origin.
I've only skim through four official English translated Light Novels- Haruhi/Shana/Gosick/Geass, none of them kept the honorifics.
Old 2011-08-29, 09:49   Link #13766
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, Kamachi went through a relatively lengthily description about her very presence on the battlefield
Okay then, since its a tittle like Maiden of Versailles, then I'll capitalize it as Femme Fatale.

Quote:
I've only skim through four official English translated Light Novels- Haruhi/Shana/Gosick/Geass, none of them kept the honorifics.
That's shame, the -sama, -san, -chan, and no honorifics illustrate a noticeable change in the characters relationships. How hard would it have been to just kept the honorifics, than conforming the structure of the novel without it?

This reminds of the Detective Conan manga, where the english publishers translated all the main casts/protagonists names into those of European/American names, while the villain names are Japanese or Asian. I think they stopped doing that now after some complaints....
Old 2011-08-29, 09:51   Link #13767
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^No need to follow what official publishers do, since we would give them the impression that we're copying them.
Old 2011-08-29, 11:05   Link #13768
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^No need to follow what official publishers do, since we would give them the impression that we're copying them.
You do have a point there.

The Femme Fatale does have a rather lengthy explanation....I just found it.

Index page has been visited 2,037,893 times.
Old 2011-08-29, 12:40   Link #13769
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Index page has been visited 2,037,893 times.
That's roughly twice as much as this thread.
Old 2011-08-29, 15:21   Link #13770
Breidaluk

In Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare, just in the end of the spin-off, they talk about Kihara Amata's son. He was talking about Accelerator or there is really a Jr. Amata?
Old 2011-08-29, 15:24   Link #13771
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
In Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare, just in the end of the spin-off, they talk about Kihara Amata's son. He was talking about Accelerator or there is really a Jr. Amata?
We have no real idea, but I like to think there really is a Kihara-kun Junior.

But Amata or anyone else before joked that Accelerator was his "son", so yeah... To take it at face value or not, that is the question.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-29, 16:30   Link #13772
M.A.D

Anyone thinks Accelerator might be Kihara Amata's biological son?

Quote:

Are there any english publishing companies that leave the Japanese honorifics when they translate Japanese Light Novel's?\
There are. Tokyopop did that, but now they're closed. At the moment, there're Yen Press and Seven Seas Entertainment. I'm sure about these two because I own a copy of Railgun published by Seven Seas and a manhwa called Pig Bride from Yen Press. The Railgun manga was printed unflipped, and both of them were have kept their original honorific from Japanese and Korean, respectively. There might be others who do that, but I don't know about them.

Last edited by M.A.D; 2011-08-29 at 18:34.
Old 2011-08-29, 16:39   Link #13773
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Not even a chance.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-29, 19:30   Link #13774
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post

There are. Tokyopop did that, but now they're closed. At the moment, there're Yen Press and Seven Seas Entertainment. I'm sure about these two because I own a copy of Railgun published by Seven Seas and a manhwa called Pig Bride from Yen Press. The Railgun manga was printed unflipped, and both of them were have kept their original honorific from Japanese and Korean, respectively. There might be others who do that, but I don't know about them.
Thanks, I'll check those publishing companies out later.

I actually want Accelerator to be related to Index more than Kihara Amata. I wouldn't mind mind if either one of them became true, they are both interesting developments.

Although I'm more interested in finding about Index's origins or if she has any living relatives. And the Identity of the #6 Level 5 of Academy City.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:23   Link #13775
leukrota

RailgunSS2 Chapter7 completed.

Now to wait for the final DVD release...
Old 2011-08-30, 16:35   Link #13776
ellifeedn
Thinker

And when will that be?
Old 2011-08-30, 16:39   Link #13777
leukrota

September 22... So the translation will most likely be done before October.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:40   Link #13778
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

All right I have an idea..

What if?

Now hear me now.

What about...... a Cyber Kakine.

or or or....Itsuwa vs Misaka in the next novel over Touma.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:54   Link #13779
leukrota

Cyber Kakine is quite possible...

It wouldn't be the first brain-only cyborg in fiction.

On the other hand, Academy City would need a good reason to risk their dark matter source, as without the brain they cannot create more of those soldiers.

... More than Itsuwa vs Misaka, I want to see reunion with New Light (to see Lessar's reaction of course.)

EDIT:Oh, now that I think about it, a misunderstanding with Floris would be something the author wouldn't probably let pass:
Floris (after hitting Touma): How could you betray me?
Mikoto (glaring Touma and releasing sparks): Oh? What's this about?
Old 2011-08-30, 16:56   Link #13780
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Cyber Kakine is inevitable. May he crush many Esper skulls when he returns thanks to Gremlin.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen