AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-12, 19:12   Link #841
~BC~

Loli in this case is referring to her child-like appearance. She's only one cm taller than Marie. Her bearing seems older than her age though.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:25   Link #842
Irenesharda

She is so short, but adorable!

However, I do find it interesting how much she looks like Amadeus Dorssia. They distinctly have the same eye color and looks that I wonder if he had been a part of the royal family somewhere?

It wouldn't be the first time that a cousin or uncle decided to seize power from the rightful heirs.

Her elder brother doesn't look a lot like her, other than the light-ish lilac-pink-white hair. But then again, siblings don't have to look alike as we can see with Satomi and Akira. I wonder how he feels about his sister? And also why were the two separated? Why does she keep her semi-royal status and he doesn't?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-12, 19:51   Link #843
~BC~

Being a hostage it could be a way of marking Lieselotte as Amadeus'. Though I'd find it more interesting if this was a sign she actually has an amiable relationship with him; he's described as being very charismatic.
Old 2013-07-12, 20:06   Link #844
Fjoergyn

A-drei and Princess really are brothers ? She may be a magius also, by their appearance
Old 2013-07-12, 20:22   Link #845
~BC~

A-Drei and Lieselotte are both confirmed royalty. But for some reason their relationship is never touched on. It's generally assumed that they are siblings but none of the descriptions so far confirm this (which is becoming suspicious).
Old 2013-07-12, 20:27   Link #846
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Would have liked it if they spent a little bit of time touching on that in season 1.
Old 2013-07-12, 22:17   Link #847
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Hmm, that's a little confusing to me, especially since the translations seem to alternate between years/grades and class titles (sophomore, senior, freshman, etc.). Is it that they don't have freshmen or they don't have juniors?

Also, since there is no real Japan here, I'm not really sure what system they would use, especially since JIOR holds so many completely different cultures with different secondary school systems.

However, I still hold to Haruto, Shoko, and Saki being about 16. All of them are younger than Kyuma, who I'm going to say is 17 since he looks a little young to be 18. However, Shoko appears older than Akira, even though the two should be about the same age, with Satomi a year older. L-elf who we actually know is 17, seems to be older than Haruto, but I'm not sure if that's because of his level of maturity in comparison, or that he actually is the older one.
Yay, that I'm never to sure about either, which sucks because I read a lot of manga's that end up being set in "high school", and it can depend on the translator. It's a lot better when the translator leaves it as year 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Would have liked it if they spent a little bit of time touching on that in season 1.
Hopefully from the sounds of things we'll get more of that in season two.
Old 2013-07-13, 00:21   Link #848
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Being a hostage it could be a way of marking Lieselotte as Amadeus'. Though I'd find it more interesting if this was a sign she actually has an amiable relationship with him; he's described as being very charismatic.
Well, what would you expect out of a facsist military dictator? They were so trying to channel Hitler in his speech scene, the guy had to be charismatic, he had to get this entire country to follow his lead.

However, I don't think Lieselotte would buy into that, she seems to be a smart, mature girl who would understand politics enough to know what Amadeus was truly doing. L-elf has faith in her, and I think he could judge a person pretty well.

However, knowing Valvrave, they could easily turn everything around and say that she's a Magius as well. They could even reveal that she's the ultimate mastermind the entire time, a space vampire queen if you will. I totally wouldn't put it past them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-13, 01:34   Link #849
~BC~

Not saying that she'd buy into his rhetoric per se (though that's an angle I can see the story taking) but perhaps develop an odd sort of affection for him; assuming he interacts with her on a regular basis. On the other hand the possibility of her having developed a serious case of Stockholm syndrome isn't too out there either.

As to L-Elf's judgement, can't really say much on that. I'd have to make a number of assumptions about L-Elf's end game goals and the nature of his relationship with Lieselotte (how long were they together, did they separate on good terms, how does she feel about him and his mentality, etc.).
Old 2013-07-13, 05:55   Link #850
kiak666

Well, some Chinese fan have translated the first chapter of the Saki spin-off manga, which is essentially a brief retelling of episode six.

The second chapter will give us some insight on Saki's friendship with Aina.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:29   Link #851
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Well, some Chinese fan have translated the first chapter of the Saki spin-off manga, which is essentially a brief retelling of episode six.

The second chapter will give us some insight on Saki's friendship with Aina.
Ah, so just covering stuff in the past that wasn't covered in the anime. Meh, not enough death and destruction, but it'll do lol.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:28   Link #852
Fjoergyn

I'm not interested in a manga Saki, I am more interested to see if the next season will have new OP, ending and how the story unfolds and jumps in time
Old 2013-07-15, 11:49   Link #853
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I'm not interested in a manga Saki, I am more interested to see if the next season will have new OP, ending and how the story unfolds and jumps in time
Since the artists who performed the first season's opening (TM Revolution and Nana Mizuki) will attend the event, I wonder if they'll perform the second season's opening theme unless stated otherwise (like having a totally different artist handling the new opening but I'm not too sure).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-07-15, 11:56   Link #854
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
As much as I wanna try reading that infamous manga, lol XD, I, as well, am more interested on the second season that I feel like forgetting my lovely Saki's pov-manga. If I have to read VVV's manga adaptation then, I want it to be in Cain's point of view and set during the time where continental alliances are still forming. Cain, one of Valvrave pilots' main enemies, becoming the mc would be more dazzling and interesting. What if he used to be like Haruto? Like Anakin turning into Darth Vader. I was thinking if he ever had a girlfriend or a girl he liked before likewise. . . Haruto liking Shouko.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:58   Link #855
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Since the artists who performed the first season's opening (TM Revolution and Nana Mizuki) will attend the event, I wonder if they'll perform the second season's opening theme unless stated otherwise (like having a totally different artist handling the new opening but I'm not too sure).

I think it has to be new songs, always so with the second seasons. What month is the show?

We need more material L-Elf, his childhood, his parents, his time in the academy
Old 2013-07-15, 20:17   Link #856
Key Board
Carbon

His parents are dead

murdered by the regime
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-15, 21:26   Link #857
Irenesharda

New Valvrave shots

Spoiler for New Material:

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-15, 21:28   Link #858
Fjoergyn

translation
Old 2013-07-15, 21:41   Link #859
Irenesharda

Unfortunately, I cannot understand a word of it. I only found the images on zerochan that were posted today.

However, while both seem to be talking about the DVD/BluRay (especially the bottom one) the top one seems to be talking more about the season finale.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-16, 00:01   Link #860
Chibikiwi

Can't see the second image
Closed Thread