AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 23:41   Link #21
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
So all I need is to install this CCCP and it will let me play any .mkv files?
Technically no. But most files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Edit: For some odd reasons, when I installed the CCCP, I couldn't play the saved .avi movies.
Here's what to do for now.
Go get the CCCP insurgent: http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

It's a trouble shooting EXE that can let us know what might possibly be wrong.

run it. Then select File -> Save Log to save a log file of all installed codecs. Then select Tools -> Test Render and select the file that is problematic. Include both the contents of the log file and the result of the test render in your post inside a spoiler tag.

Post this spoiler tag in a new thread too please.

Also give answer to these questions:
  • What video player you are trying to play it with? Where they from the CCCP pack?
  • What other codecs or codec packs you currently have installed (and the version if possible)?
  • What exactly is going wrong (video not playing? audio not playing? etc).
Old 2006-09-27, 05:23   Link #22
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
did you uninstall all other codecs before installing the CCCP? if so, download the CCCP Insurgent (from the cccp website), and post a test render of one of the problem files here.
Old 2006-10-16, 08:54   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i still had a question about `MKV files, whenever played in VLC or Windows Media Player it seems that the subs are too big to fit the screen, as in a too much is being said thus the translation line becomes long, whenever such a thing occurs the first few words and the last get squeezed in and written over the rest of the subs, is there anyway to get rid of that problem cause its hard to read the subs when everything is drabbled over eachother (tried to do fullscreen but the subs then grow as well..)
Old 2006-10-16, 12:09   Link #24
emptyeighty

Have you followed these instructions?
Old 2006-10-19, 23:46   Link #25
Sakuya
*Artist

I sometimes have problems with playing MKV files where the video lags. The only other thing running is Firefox, BT, and AIM. And it doesn't help that the video codec is h.264 and I can't extract it to play better.

I've run other AVI and they all work fine. The weird thing is, the MKV sometimes doesn't lag and sometimes does lag. ~_~ I use MPC to play it. I also have CCCP.

I have a 2.80GHz CPU with 1,039,084KB of RAM.
Old 2006-10-20, 01:45   Link #26
emptyeighty

What files exactly are you having problems with? HD ones by any chance?
Old 2006-10-20, 01:47   Link #27
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
What files exactly are you having problems with? HD ones by any chance?
Red Garden subbed by [gg]. And CODE GEASS subbed by them, too. I'm seeing a pattern. I guess basically any MKV that uses the h.264 codec.
Old 2006-10-20, 02:01   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My personal recommendation is to get CoreAVC. It only costs $10 and it will enable your system to place h264 all you want. I had video lag problems with HD h264 encodes on my 2.4GHz system. After installing CoreAVC I haven't had a single problem.

Ten bucks is pretty cheap for that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-20, 02:31   Link #29
emptyeighty

Sakuya: What are your CPU specs?

If it's only a slight lag then NoSanninWa's recommendation will probably fix the problem.
Old 2006-10-20, 02:33   Link #30
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Sakuya: What are your CPU specs?

If it's only a slight lag then NoSanninWa's recommendation will probably fix the problem.
Is this it: Intel Pentium IV, 2.8 GHz with hyper-threading, 800 FSB.
I'm not a techy person. CoreAVC sounds promising but it's still not worth it for something I'll delete later. Yup, I delete most of my anime once I finish watching it. Unless they're my absolute favorite that reckons a second viewing.
Old 2006-10-20, 04:12   Link #31
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Is this it: Intel Pentium IV, 2.8 GHz with hyper-threading, 800 FSB.
I'm not a techy person. CoreAVC sounds promising but it's still not worth it for something I'll delete later. Yup, I delete most of my anime once I finish watching it. Unless they're my absolute favorite that reckons a second viewing.
I delete most shows right away, too

Anyway, one other thing you can try is set Start -> Programs -> CCCP -> VSFilter Config, General tab under loading to "do not load". This will disable subtitles, as those releases are softsubbed. If it runs fine without VSFilter, which is a resource hog btw, you might be able to view the files with mplayer, as that player's softsub rendering is a _lot_ faster.
Old 2006-10-20, 18:53   Link #32
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Anyway, one other thing you can try is set Start -> Programs -> CCCP -> VSFilter Config, General tab under loading to "do not load". This will disable subtitles, as those releases are softsubbed. If it runs fine without VSFilter, which is a resource hog btw, you might be able to view the files with mplayer, as that player's softsub rendering is a _lot_ faster.
I don't have that configuration. I think I randomly selected which things to install in CCCP because I had ffdshow installed separately already. Is it a good idea to uninstall my ffdshow and CCCP and then do a full install of CCCP?
Old 2006-10-20, 23:42   Link #33
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

YES! It is a very good idea. The version of ffdshow that comes with CCCP is specially tuned and quite unique. This might solve your problem right there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-21, 04:41   Link #34
emptyeighty

Sakuya: Be sure to reset settings when asked.
Old 2006-10-22, 02:22   Link #35
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, it's amazing. MKVs are playing with no lag even when I fast forward! Thank you very much! This is so cool. XD
Old 2006-10-22, 09:39   Link #36
carpet83
I am I

I got a small Mkv/ogm file playign probem, and gonna post here instead of starting a thread. So, for some reason, my mkv's have acted up on me, instead of working properly, a double image of the same thing is shown side by side and both images are mirrior/upside down, im sure it is a splitter issue but im not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Old 2006-10-22, 10:40   Link #37
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpet83 View Post
I got a small Mkv/ogm file playign probem, and gonna post here instead of starting a thread. So, for some reason, my mkv's have acted up on me, instead of working properly, a double image of the same thing is shown side by side and both images are mirrior/upside down, im sure it is a splitter issue but im not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Video driver more likely. This will probably fix it.
Old 2006-10-22, 11:41   Link #38
carpet83
I am I

Thanks, that is what was happening but dumb luck and a good mempry helped me here, turns out, i had vobsub and haali splitters runing at eh same time, so they each were dsplaying an image, by getting rid of vobsub it worked,thanks anyways.
Old 2006-10-23, 15:51   Link #39
carpet83
I am I

Well, suddenly i got a new problem, might as well not bother pple witha new thread, so anyways...
fixing the video problems created a problem witht he sound, the video decoder thread has to be set on to get a smooth video feed, only problem is that the audio is fractured, anyway to fix this?
Old 2006-10-23, 16:47   Link #40
emptyeighty

What kind of audio? What are you using to decode it?

Tags
matroska, mkv, wiki candidate