AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-31, 16:19   Link #1
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Isshuukan Friends [Manga]

Quote:
Hase Yuuki is interested in his unsociable classmate Fujimiya Kaori. Since he sits behind her in class, the only thing he ever gets to see is her back. One day, when they're alone in a hallway, he blurts out to her, "Would you become friends with me?". But her answer is, "I'm happy, but I can't."?! What could be the reason for this answer?
- Baka-Updates

Comedy/drama/romance/slice of life by Matcha Hazuki. Disgustingly cute and tear jerking. Also, OTP. Check it out.
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 06:57   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Ishuukan Friends (Manga)

Didn't see a thread about this one, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The story of the manga revolves around Yūki, a boy who wants to become friends with his classmate and desk neighbor Kaori. However, she gently declines his friendship, saying, “But, my... Memories of my friends disappear in a week...” Even so, Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.
One of my favorite running manga so far, really heartwarming and cute most of the time, with a scattering of bittersweet at times.

Just saw a translation of a couple of unscanlated chapters (No idea which chapters) involving Saki and Shogo...

Spoiler for Chapter:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 04:22   Link #3
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm quite amazed the anime could turn a 4koma into such a good story. Also, glad to know her condition is psychological and doesn't seem to be something permanent.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 20:17   Link #4
Brin A'sair

Her condition seems to be a combination of psychological (some argument? with her then best friend) and physical (a coma-inducing auto accident soon after). But there are little clues throughout that seem to suggest that if the psychological part is dealt with the situation will end (ie: any problem from the physical injury side seems to have long since healed).

Ah, I should perhaps point out that there is another manga thread about this series, albeit no one has added to it since it was first posted around a month or two ago. [edit]Found it here

And I would say that it is not entirely a 4koma, and unlike some 4koma it has a constantly progressing storyline.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 01:21   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
Ah, I should perhaps point out that there is another manga thread about this series, albeit no one has added to it since it was first posted around a month or two ago. [edit]Found it here

And I would say that it is not entirely a 4koma, and unlike some 4koma it has a constantly progressing storyline.
Huh, how come my search results never found that thread...

And yeah, to call Isshuukan Friends a "4Koma" manga is misleading. Most of the story is told via standard manga panels, and even the 4Koma panels are used to tell a progressing story.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-05-07, 01:28   Link #6
Tanatat Knight

One thing that bother me in the story is how we don't know much about Hase. He comes off as a normal high school kid. Recent chapters have him be more cynical and serious around Hajime but... it bother me that we haven't learn much about Hase but it has been mentioned
Spoiler for From the manga:

As for the 4koma note. Most of the time, the 4koma is used to present the comedy while it does follow the story and progress. It mainly used for the comedy in the manga. Something that the anime sometimes omits to go for a more romantic theme
Tanatat Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 08:38   Link #7
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Anyone who can translate what Kaori is thinking on this page? Really curious on what she's thinking... advance thanks for whomever can.

Spoiler:
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-05-26, 11:58   Link #8
Cyblaster
Lurker

It's something like

Oh he didn't invite me to do anything over the winter break.
Is it because it's too short?
I had lots of fun at the Christmas party but did Hase-kun have fun too?
Hase-kun, I'm interested/worried about you.
Why is that?

Oh and ch. 30 is a flashback D:
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 12:04   Link #9
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For the record I merged the two threads... just because and all that. ^^
Old 2014-06-01, 19:53   Link #10
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyblaster View Post
It's something like

Oh he didn't invite me to do anything over the winter break.
Is it because it's too short?
I had lots of fun at the Christmas party but did Hase-kun have fun too?
Hase-kun, I'm interested/worried about you.
Why is that?

Oh and ch. 30 is a flashback D:
Yey thank you so much! because of the cliffhanger yesterday, I became so curious that's why I searched for those latest chapters but the language barrier stopped me from understanding it ... good thing it's a manga and not a novel

Great chapter specially for Saki x Shougo Fan...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-06-02, 01:46   Link #11
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, Chapter 17 basically turns the Shogo x Saki ship from a dinghy to a battlecruiser all guns blazing. Wait till you see how Chapter 18 resolves the entire thing

Old 2014-06-02, 01:54   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... a dinghy to a battlecruiser all guns blazing...
Now I have this image of Saki as a mental model of a battleship saying "Waaiiiii!" while Shougo sits in the Captain's chair with his usual impassive face.

Ahem! (cough cough)

On topic I also was kinda surprised at the content of ch 17 - Saki certainly... umm... lives in the present, I guess? Poor Shougo.... ^^
Old 2014-06-03, 07:26   Link #13
Tanatat Knight

Chapter 17 was like a little breather for the group. Since the last chapter has been buliding up on how Hase will solve his relationship with Kaori and Hajime.

But after chapter 15, Hase starts to be more stoic and deadpan compared to his wimy self in the beginning.(not as much as his bro, but he clearly is fighting on the same plain as Hajime.)

The little Shougo X Saki was really sweet~, I hope we get to see more.
(I still think we need more back story on Hase, he just can't be an average boy...but it wouldn't matter much anyway, since Hase has enough anguish over his feelings for Kaori)
Old 2014-06-04, 22:37   Link #14
larethian

I just finished volume 5. It cliffhangs on
Spoiler:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 23:08   Link #15
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I just finished volume 5. It cliffhangs on
Spoiler:
care to spoil a litlle pls?
dying to know what hase emo looks like
Old 2014-06-05, 01:58   Link #16
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm interested to know how it leads to the later chapters too.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-05, 04:29   Link #17
Tanatat Knight

I won't really say he is getting emo but more like he is conflicted because he struggle whether he want Fujimiya as a friend or lover. I still don't know if Hase himself realized that he liked Fujimiya.

Other than that, then maybe I could be wrong.

Last edited by Tanatat Knight; 2014-06-05 at 04:30. Reason: something went wrong
Old 2014-06-05, 06:11   Link #18
larethian

Spoilers
Spoiler for a little bit about end of v5
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The spoiler ReinZwei posted are not collected in tanks yet. I only read the tanks atm so I don't what's after v5 yet. I can read the Chinese magazine scantalations though I prefer to wait for the Japanese tanks

This manga is not exactly a 4-koma. It's more like a hybrid (half of the manga is 4-koma, half is not). The 4-koma portions are lighter and funnier and as mentioned, do serve to advance the story in between.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 06:47   Link #19
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Spoilers

The spoiler ReinZwei posted are not collected in tanks yet. I only read the tanks atm so I don't what's after v5 yet. I can read the Chinese magazine scantalations though I prefer to wait for the Japanese tanks

This manga is not exactly a 4-koma. It's more like a hybrid (half of the manga is 4-koma, half is not). The 4-koma portions are lighter and funnier and as mentioned, do serve to advance the story in between.

Oooh thanks.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-05, 09:35   Link #20
Tanatat Knight

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Spoilers

Oh~ so that's why Hase has become emo. Thanks for relaying the the information.
Spoiler for Possible Raw Spoilers:

Last edited by Tanatat Knight; 2014-06-06 at 03:48. Reason: Adding to the subject, Adding spoilers