AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 06:07   Link #20001
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:07   Link #20002
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And yes Erio's VA ref is the SHOES and Poetry World, courtesy of Shion of Gakutenoh Academy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Congratulations OC

Indeed!

Low Key? More like Lowe Key!

Let's do this again! ON TO NANOHAMMER 40K!!!
Old 2008-02-18, 06:16   Link #20003
Anita
~ I Will ~

It's only right we pay back for what we owe. Congratz everyone! I'll try to finish Rebuild of Sophia by this week! ^_^

Ja ne!

(rides off on scooter)
Old 2008-02-18, 06:30   Link #20004
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
What's this? Writing from yours truly? UNPOSSIBLE

Kicking this party off with the Akatsuki arc of StorieS

Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..

"THIS! IS! OUTER CADIA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ORE TACHI WO, DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!"
It's kinda rare to see a scenario here with purely CC's, but it's still cool seeing Signum and Lutecia have the spotlight, though they hardly do anything of note here

Wondering where this is headed, need Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And yes Erio's VA ref is the SHOES and Poetry World, courtesy of Shion of Gakutenoh Academy!
Shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Let's do this again! ON TO NANOHAMMER 40K!!!
HOOYAH!!!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:36   Link #20005
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:

Btw, preview for Blank of 6 Months I.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:40   Link #20006
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
And the introduction of the girls very much appreciated
Coming Right up in Escape from Ground Central

Quote:
Hey!!! Don't You Dare Open Fire On These Fair Maidens!!!!
Armed intervention already in progress

Switching to Plan B-7

Quote:
Alicia: Ara ara
Yes.. it's a pretty beam...

Quote:

You dare say such things about my her precious ALICE CARROLL?!?!?!?!?!
You can have the Alice, i can have the Aka-

*Gets hit by GN beam*

Quote:
Spoiler for You're not worthy of being a Cleric-Knight:
Retribution (and Backlog Busting), OC Style

yup... the FF fears this kind of thinking...

Does VEDA see this as a cause for intervention?

*Borrows Virtue-tan*

*Borrows sequence*

Quote:
So it IS KINO!!!!!!

Spoiler for ALL HAIL THE QUEEN:

Let's not forget Aoi Futaba... but sorry no images were okay enough to show honor....

Quote:
JUSTICE BE DONE!!!!
justice indeed

Quote:
That's what you get for trying to harm my our precious DEKKAI-CHAN!!!
MY again?

*runs from Thrones*

Quote:
*Saves*

Quote:
And if you EVER do that again...

Spoiler for THOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH DER KLERIKER!!!!!:
Show him!!!

@ Lowe do you have the gate of neo-venezia there?

Quote:
Kha: Che! What is this strong foe?!

Is she from another Type Moon work?
She is the Hidden Servant... Undine!

*runs even more*

Quote:
But my ARIA kungfu is not enough. And not just that, with Hayate no Gotoku on hiatus, Gundam 00 and CLANNAD is not enough to last 1 week either...
You must make do with what you have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for OFM Report: Encountered Spawn Forms:
Saint X: We need more than RAID here...

*sees pinpoint of light incoming*

?????: *static*Antimatter bomb incoming *static*

===

@thread: congrats for taking 20k...
Old 2008-02-18, 06:55   Link #20007
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Sorry for all the trouble just now. Anita and I were on the phone and laughing away as we decided to really put on a show. She haven't laughed like that since work caught up with her. Really, from the bottom of our hearts, thanks for giving us a great belated Valentine's Day gift. ^_^

And there! My dere side!
Quote:
Shoes?
Erio has a pair of shoes in the post that mimic the exact function as Shion's. I'm still wondering about the feasibility though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

Spoiler:
LOL Chaos.

Nicely done!

And what's going on?
Old 2008-02-18, 06:59   Link #20008
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

GRAND ENDING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale

Spoiler:
Rather vague previews here, though the somewhat unusual mind-reading (?) breaker by... Hayate (?) was worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
You can have the Alice, i can have the Aka-

*Gets hit by GN beam*
That's gotta hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Retribution (and Backlog Busting), OC Style

yup... the FF fears this kind of thinking...

*Borrows Virtue-tan*

*Borrows sequence*
Yes, this is the power of Celestial Being

Quote:
Let's not forget Aoi Futaba... but sorry no images were okay enough to show honor....

I may like Aoi (the only trap I like infact), but Kino's reverse trap card is far superior

Quote:
MY again?

*runs from Thrones*
*GN Mega Launcher >>> Saint X*

Yes, MINE

Quote:
Show him!!!

@ Lowe do you have the gate of neo-venezia there?
Spoiler for Fear the Power of the White Fairy:

Quote:
Sorry for all the trouble just now. Anita and I were on the phone and laughing away as we decided to really put on a show. She haven't laughed like that since work caught up with her. Really, from the bottom of our hearts, thanks for giving us a great belated Valentine's Day gift. ^_^

And there! My dere side!
Our Utmost Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Erio has a pair of shoes in the post that mimic the exact function as Shion's. I'm still wondering about the feasibility though.
Illusion and transformation magic ain't that unusual in Nanohaverse, so go for it

Old 2008-02-18, 07:22   Link #20009
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Holy- did I take a step into the past? It's freaking mayhem here, like in the old days.

And, we broke the 20k Barrier!

It's been a while since we last celebrated a barrier break. Feels good to know that this thread is still alive and kicking, even after 20000 posts.

Quote:
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"

Ultralisks may be tough, but they're no match for someone who took on a Bio-Titan.

Although she's aready out for a few weeks in doing so. >_< Ah well, that's Keroko for you. At least she has very able bodyguards watching over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Wait, seriously? Translated into English? WHERE CAN I FIND THIS?
The game, you'll have to find for yourself. The translation patch, however, can be found at Mirrormoon.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And this reminds me to start thinking how the other Aces should interact with Grandis once he's on the protagonists' side... Up to now... I don't have much of a clue...
Dweh, good question. I'd say him and Keroko would get along fine, probably joking around a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Yes...

It's official~

I'm switching my flagship OC to Bridget!

Thread:

And here's a small WIP that will detail some things about shim...

Spoiler for WIP: Escape from Ground Central:

24 other recruits to lead to safety... in 30 floors, 3000 rooms filled with gadgets, and at least 1 Number inside... (number may increase if Kha decides to add more...)

And outside, mayhem...

And you're the only non-Mid or Velkan in the entire planet (with a slight chance of beating gadgets) as of that moment!

What will you do Bridget?
And Bridget has arived, kicking ass with teddy bears. But... AMF immune? I'm assumin that's because her device is physical, or did I miss somethin in the profile?

Quote:
Spoiler:
My gripe with Power Armors is not the plate, as we know Signum wears plated protectors, Hayate has plate sideguards, Vivio and Keroko have plate covering their stomach and sides and so on and so on, my problem with power armor is the gizmos and wires inside the armor that, basically, makes them robots on their own.

Why?

We already know that normal mages not wearing Power Armor can do pretty much everything someone with Power Armor can do, and then some. Why do they need a bulky armor with all sorts of chips that allow it to move more freely then it should, when a mage without it can do the exact same thing? It doesn't give any advantages. If anything, all the technollogy only makes it more receptive to breaking down during a fight. And we know that mages can match a similar performance just fine, so why do we need masses of mages wielding Power Armor for any other reason then 'it's cool?'

To answer your question of having one ellement, and throwing the other away... I do disagree that as a justification for Power Armors. We have two elements in Nanoha, fantasy and sci-fi. The fantasy element is provided with things such as magic, familiars and dragons. The sci-fi ellement is provided with things such as dimensional spaceships, cyborgs, clones and devices.

The two already balance eachother out as they are, if anything, Power Armor would be the one which would throw away the fantasy side in exchange for the sci-fi.

Barrier Jackets are the main form of armor in Nanoha, they can take on any shape the user desires, from skirts to swimsuits to knight armor, and they all do the same thing: Protect and support the user. Why would you need an armor with all that technojunk? Just create a plate barrier jacket! Same results, much cheaper, more sturdy, the list goes on and on.

You asked 'Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers?' the answer is simple: They don't exist. In fact, they don't exist for the same reason shiny machine armors don't exist: Why would they have them? By the time magic became the main practice, they long since had bikes, cars and helies, why would they make a robotic horse? Just stick a mage on a bike and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Especially when said nine-year olds possess mental maturity of people ten years older.
Indeed. However I just remembered how mature six year old Nanoha was when she, Arisa and Suzuka met, so I might just wing it and write out the scene. Vivio took a leap into maturity during the last episodes of StrikerS anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Keroko-tan? Where has she been all this time???
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
To be fair, you did not complain when I first brought in Tais, AI Yui and the E.V.A device.
That was in the early days, it wasn't so much of a concern back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, before I hit The books again, so to speak. I need some data.

This concerns Regius. As the honcho in charge of ground forces... he was under the control of the brains. The brains had him covering up Jail's actions even though he was criminal and dangerous.

How feasible would it be that Regius, knowing and hating Jail, would order small scale projects with the purpose of countering Jail's threat?
I know he was openly denying funding for equiping the ground forces against the gadget drones. Probably on orders.

But as much as we can tell he really HATES Jail (especially because Jails Numba's killed his friend ZEST.), would it not be expected for someone of his rank to have something on the low down to pull out of his back pocket come Jail making a move? Knowing Jail is up to something.

The reason I put this out is because one way to wrap these little projects (Lawmaker and Crash's armor.) Together is that Regius had already figured Jail for a wild card, if not by the time Zest got killed, at least from then onwards. And needed his own pawns prepared, but they needed to seem trivial, under the radar of the floating brains and Jail.

Unfortunately, his projects would come too late since Jail made his move very quickly once he found what he wanted.
Now, I know he had something in the works... Einherjar... but I haven't the freakin foggiest clue what it is... (Seems to be mentioned as a trump card, but seems to be destroyed before its even revealed.) so I'm off to look around.
You know... Ironicaly, the Enherjar are exactly what you mentioned. His counter against Jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
A few episodes worth of Yagami no Signum-tan?

Okay, bad jokes aside, the idea is just for lulz and crack.

Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?
Lulz indeed. Signum-tan is making Erio's life even more troublesome then it already is.

Quote:
Vita
- Is now canonized as Servant Berserker.
- Graf Eisen's Simon-ism has been dropped.

Signum
- More crack regarding her life story has been added.
- Is now canonized as Servant Archer.
- Note the new sword flash attack! Dynamic Kill animation added!
- Several new Sturmfalke attacks added, of which one is just RIDDLED with crack. Can you take it?!

Go ahead, click on the above to take a look! Comments? Criticisms?
Quote:
Time for T3H HERO of Rebuilt!

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Spoiler:

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?
Servants, Signum=Nanoha, Archer, Berserker, Bankai, Erio with a gladius....

Rebuilt is going to one huge crackfest, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Regarding the barrier jacket vs power armor again.

It can also be explained a la Dune. In Duneverse, the introduction of personal force field-based shields made not only projectiles obsolete and laser too dangerous for everyone, but also eliminated the need for personal armor (while on Arrakis, wearing a shield is too dangerous because of the worms, wearing something like a power armor is ridiculous and stupid because of the nature of Arrakis itself).

Maybe in Midchildia, the ability to cast magical shields did the same. And if one was too worried over his/her personal protection, there are barrier jackets that does its job way better than a full plate, without crippling someone's mobility. (and living up to the sci-fi/fantasy trope that less plates = better armor class!)
*nods* exactly, this is yet one more theory against Power Armors.

Quote:
*Yawn...* (Three in the morning here.)

Still like that Image of future Erio and Caro. Freakin' lady-killer-to-be he is. Caro's not lacking in the looks department either. MEEE-YOW.

I'll put off checking more out tomarrow, when I'm bound to have answers and nitpicks to work on.

For the time being, here's a fill in for FOX.

Spoiler for FOX, rough draft:
Anoter Asuka? How many do we have now?

Quote:
I won't be able to sleep until I fire this one off.

While thinking about aspects of Crash's dogfight, I know he's at one point, going to come into melee combat on the ground with Fate. In which, I have him flashback to some lessons Fox has given him on close combat attributes, on the advantages of parrying, or force redirection.

Thinking about it, I can't recall a single Nanoha fight where the melee combat actually shows any counter moves, parries, force redirects, thowing, or using opponent's momentum against them.

Fate is supposed to be very good Melee fighter, but just how good do we want to put her in pure martial skill when we never see a good example of a force redirection move? There's a huge number of massive openings to be made when an opponent commits to a high force move. Such as Vita's overhead with a hammer blow... Shove it off to the side as it comes down and lay a knee (Or blade, or spell) into her stomach.
All blows I can recall are direct blocks, or full dodges. Both are physically intensive, and often wasteful.

Comments?
You're worries about how well the fights are animated? How abot we start worrying about the weapons, I mean, Fate is using a freaking scythe as her main weapon.

It's not the CC's fault though, its Seven Arcs. We can safely assume that the CC's are, in fact, more talented in the art of combat then what the anime has displayed so far.

Quote:
On the topic of Signum/Touka... we need something to make Signum snap.

Vita: You're practically the only one here who's still a virgin.

Snapped Signum for teh lulz!

Quote:
Anyway, more about me...

I'm having a hard time with the current fights I'm writing; which are the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle and the Grandis vs. Signum real battle...

The main problem in the first one is I'm getting in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Hayate's performance... She's, quite frankly, holding out quite well, if not almost constantly on the defensive. In a quick rundown without spoilering, here's her performance stats as of GenerationS...

Spoiler for GenerationS Hayate:

It's hard. It's VERY hard. But she has all the potential in the world to properly cover up her weaknesses and eventually even go as far as holding herself against her fellow Aces. Anybody who wants to say it's impossible? Speak up now. They won't make the SSS-rank if there were absolutely nobody who reached such a level. (Not perfect, alright?) And I believe Hayate can, eventually. She doesn't deserve to be a shafted one-trick pony and I won't let her be! I'm going to show her potential here, and I need all the advice I can get to make it happen without much skepticism from others.

And once more, this managed to accomplish the feat of making me even more pissed off at 7arcs than I ever thought possible. -_-

Any thoughts? Should I lower or raise some stats? Any ideas for how much her performance could improve upon Unison?
No problem on my part.

On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-02-18 at 07:39.
Old 2008-02-18, 07:35   Link #20010
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Dai shocku! I missed all the madness! NUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Quote:

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?
Oh nuts more crack. Approved though.

Quote:

Congratulations OC

Low key? Right. おめでとう皆さん!20kは突破するぞ!(Omedetou minna-san! 20k ha toppa suru zo!)

Though I felt that some people kind of cheated.

@Tormenk: Good to see you writing stuff again. Will read the epic record breaking celebratory piece soon.

A preview from Nighty too, something to digest IF I got free time at work. If and only if.... *sob*
Old 2008-02-18, 07:50   Link #20011
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Holy- did I take a step into the past? It's freaking mayhem here, like in the old days.

It's been a while since we last celebrated a barrier break. Feels good to know that this thread is still alive and kicking, even after 20000 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"
Somehow, I get a strange mental picture regarding good' ole Nel vs. the infection:

"Back off weakling, get your own b**** to chew on."

Quote:
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:
... I hope Keroko-tan doesn't appear in Kane's Wrath, or my ZOCOM is done for

*packs up Sonic equipment*

Quote:
Two I think, though I could be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Low key? Right. おめでとう皆さん!20kは突破するぞ!(Omedetou minna-san! 20k ha toppa suru zo!)

Though I felt that some people kind of cheated.
Arigatou

Cheated? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
A preview from Nighty too, something to digest IF I got free time at work. If and only if.... *sob*
No time eh?

Old 2008-02-18, 07:51   Link #20012
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
That's gotta hurt
All those PWNED "intervened upon" by Celestial Being: IT DOES!!!

As of this moment, heaven is experiencing a flood of immigrants...

Quote:
Yes, this is the power of Celestial Being
*hides plans to "Intervene" in the FF*

*runs*

Quote:

I may like Aoi (the only trap I like infact), but Kino's reverse trap card is far superior
AMEN...

Quote:

Yes, MINE
YES YOURS!!!

But Akari is Mi-

Quote:
Spoiler for Fear the Power of the White Fairy:
Alicia: Ara ara... *giggles* Kha-Kuuunnnn...

Quote:
Holy- did I take a step into the past?
Time is only Relative...

Quote:
And Bridget has arived, kicking ass with teddy bears. But... AMF immune? I'm assumin that's because her device is physical, or did I miss something in the profile?
Well Blame me for not yet doing the Dei-Type Magic Canon...

too large...
a bit too lengthy to do in one sitting or post in one post...
so i opted to "lecture" about it- sometime near the future.

But as for Bridget, her attacks are partially magically infused- 2/3s of her attack is physical- with a so-called anti-AMF measure.

Quote:
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:
Busy is Busy...

Does VEDA see this as a cause for intervention

*runs*

Quote:
As of last count, 3- i guess.

I only count Valkyries as of this moment... which number 3 groups already; yours, mine and ATC's

Nibelung Valesti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saint X

Quote:
Snapped Signum for teh lulz!
The receiving end is sure hurting!
Old 2008-02-18, 08:30   Link #20013
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Oh, another piece from me. It's severely incomplete, since within DestinyS story-context, it's supposed to be 2 episodes worth of flashback and not a narrative piece, but the general outline somewhat works like this.

Would like to get some opinion.

Spoiler for Alhazred:
Firstly, mind boggling piece is mind boggling! Ultra-mass production of Jewel Seeds sounds a bit too much, though given the context it actually computes.

Fear made Mid-childa destroy Al-Hazred, which seems to go against cannon. Though one can also say that Al-Hazred's technology caused fear in others, and indirectly caused their own destruction.

Other than that, I liked how it was written, very...poetic?

Quote:

Spoiler:
Ala Altra? Was Rein reading a novel?

Quote:
Arigatou

Cheated? How?
Well you know, quite a number of the posts were not even on topic.

Quote:
No time eh?
Well I might have time, or might not. Depends on whether workload is heavy. In any case I decided to read at home before I leave for work in...another 45 minutes or so.
Old 2008-02-18, 09:12   Link #20014
Tormenk

Quote:
Basically, it is an attempt to incorporate the Fate Stay Night story into the Nanohaverse, but made such that it develops Sophia's character, and has ramifications for the future of Belka.

Thus begins the events of Nanoha/Cente Gravia.
Crackish but well-thought out. Nice.

Quote:
...truth?

To think I was writing the section where we compare how similar Kha and Erio are, and another seems to be getting themselves in misunderstandable situations.

*BACK-FLIPS*
So they do. Like father like son?

Quote:
Use? In what way?

Well more of bringing them over for my stories. I know they have been featured here at one point of time or another but I don't think they have been OC-fied. To say I'm not porting them directly over but still would like to work with their basic appearance and traits. Toned down on any possible h4xx abilities of course.

That much said, this are the two I have in mind..

Spoiler:

And not forgetting him of course.

Spoiler:

Quote:
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

It's HERE! The big Vita & Signum patch you've been waiting for!
Hmm. Vita's side explains her fiercely protective side.

Quote:
Signum: Mistress Hayate, tonight, I will become a woman!!

Quote:

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?
Erio Aznable makes his mark in ReBuilt at long last. Mature Caro is hawt too.

Do we get ReBuilt Tesla as well?

Quote:
What did you just write? I'll tell you what you just wrote...

MUCH WIN AND AWESOME

Too bad the latter was just a dream... or was it?

MORE ERIO/SIGNUM PLEASE

*RUNS*
Well the omake did mention Erio cleaning up the mess so it can be taken as he had the dream after the events of the sparring session.

Though I realized the focus was on Erio abit too much so here's a short version of one of the possible scenarios as well.

Spoiler:

Quote:
So it IS KINO!!!!!!

Spoiler for ALL HAIL THE QUEEN:

So this is Kino?

Quote:
Spoiler for FOX, rough draft:
Well nice direction to take with keeping Asuka as Fox. Nicely fleshed out and all so that's good.

Quote:
Neltharion can be useful at times, and this is indeed one of those few times.

As for the Spawn sounding like the Swarm, that's not surprising. It's a heavy influence, after all. See the bottom of the post for the currently cataloged Spawn forms.

And Ariadne wasn't a who, it was a what.
Well Nelthy is a double-edge sword after all so this is one of the times he's proving helpful.

Quote:
I believe that line is from a Utada Hikaru song...

Quote:
lol Clint Eastwood.

Erick: "Do ya feel lucky... punk?"

Quote:
It's a joint effort .
Oops.

Another and :thumbsup: x 10 for ya as well then.

Quote:
Spoiler for OFM Report: Encountered Spawn Forms:
Nasty and threatening for something like the Spawn. Melikes

Quote:
I won't be able to sleep until I fire this one off.

While thinking about aspects of Crash's dogfight, I know he's at one point, going to come into melee combat on the ground with Fate. In which, I have him flashback to some lessons Fox has given him on close combat attributes, on the advantages of parrying, or force redirection.

Thinking about it, I can't recall a single Nanoha fight where the melee combat actually shows any counter moves, parries, force redirects, thowing, or using opponent's momentum against them.

Fate is supposed to be very good Melee fighter, but just how good do we want to put her in pure martial skill when we never see a good example of a force redirection move? There's a huge number of massive openings to be made when an opponent commits to a high force move. Such as Vita's overhead with a hammer blow... Shove it off to the side as it comes down and lay a knee (Or blade, or spell) into her stomach.
All blows I can recall are direct blocks, or full dodges. Both are physically intensive, and often wasteful.

Comments?
Well the melee fights are lacking in some area as shown but probably nothing wrong with expanding on this area that we know they are not showing. Though it seems in-keeping to let the CCs, especially the Aces, take the lead in most fights since they are the benchmark for top power levels. Something that I take into account when planning out the future fight scenes between CCs and OCs. Not to say I'll let the CCs win everytime though.

Quote:
Reminds me of the Golden Age.
Pure madcapness.

Quote:
On the topic of Signum/Touka... we need something to make Signum snap.

Vita: You're practically the only one here who's still a virgin.

So Vita's not a virgin?

Quote:
I just don't know though. Without good examples, it makes it even harder to determine how wide spread martial prowess is, to know how she should react in thinking with an opponent actually smacking asside a Zanber 'I will CREAM YOU' swing like the ones she used on Jail in strikers. A strike that big has only two roads of attack, overhead, or baseball bat. (The first of which Jail CAUGHT, the second of which he just ignored and got smeared.)

One of the things I want to emphasize, is that Crash doesn't think of himself as a fighter. But he's standing up astoundingly well to a pair of Aces, in both tactical prowess, and on the spot skill. While claiming no skill, he successfully parries a Zeus Zamber and creates a counter opening. (Which he thinks along lines. "Oh, god now I've pissed her off...")
Well that sounds about right.

Quote:
Anyway, more about me...

I'm having a hard time with the current fights I'm writing; which are the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle and the Grandis vs. Signum real battle...

The main problem in the first one is I'm getting in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Hayate's performance... She's, quite frankly, holding out quite well, if not almost constantly on the defensive. In a quick rundown without spoilering, here's her performance stats as of GenerationS...

Spoiler for GenerationS Hayate:

It's hard. It's VERY hard. But she has all the potential in the world to properly cover up her weaknesses and eventually even go as far as holding herself against her fellow Aces. Anybody who wants to say it's impossible? Speak up now. They won't make the SSS-rank if there were absolutely nobody who reached such a level. (Not perfect, alright?) And I believe Hayate can, eventually. She doesn't deserve to be a shafted one-trick pony and I won't let her be! I'm going to show her potential here, and I need all the advice I can get to make it happen without much skepticism from others.

And once more, this managed to accomplish the feat of making me even more pissed off at 7arcs than I ever thought possible. -_-

Any thoughts? Should I lower or raise some stats? Any ideas for how much her performance could improve upon Unison?
Wow. Pretty hard to go through with this while replying like this but I'll try.

Range Attack: She can probably do it at near 100% casting speed as original, since she does know some Mid-magic. Only factors in this are experience and practice so extensive practice in that area will be fine.

Melee Attack: Even if she can't attack that well, she probably develop the natural feel to dodge after training with Tesla/Wolkies after some time. Keeping her at slightly above grunt level seems fine.

Magic defense: I'm for buffing her up for this. Given enough time, I'm sure she can tank blows up to AA easily. Not quite while defending physical blows of the same power with barriers or shields though.

The rest seems fine enough.

Quote:
This is one of the instances where I wish I could read the novel... In the anime, what is shown is most likely easily-animated direct attacks. And no, neither did I see anything that so much resembled a parry or counter-momentum strike. but this is where the fanfics comes in, anyway. If you were to ask me, Fate is good with weapons/armed-combat. That's the way she was trained since day-1. So I don't think she is unbeatable in hand-to-hand; but she should be pretty damned good still. The Knights, on the other hand, I don't know what to think.
Novel? What novel?

Quote:

Congratulations OC

What an effort for 20k!

Quote:
It's kinda rare to see a scenario here with purely CC's, but it's still cool seeing Signum and Lutecia have the spotlight, though they hardly do anything of note here

Wondering where this is headed, need Part II
True. Part II will definitely provide the meat of this piece. As well as the message.

Quote:
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

EPICNESS EMBODIED!

lol at Chaos. No idea how he took the hit though =p

Not forgetting everyone else who has posted here. TK, PF and FA, tshou and all the others who has contributed here as well.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Wut?

Quote:

Quote:
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:
Laughing my head off for Keroko-tan blasting Jack and the others..while thinking about the fact Kane has a Ion Cannon.

Quote:
On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
Kinda makes things worse otoh. Giving the easily mistaken perception while taking the form of a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post

@Tormenk: Good to see you writing stuff again. Will read the epic record breaking celebratory piece soon.

Well it's nothing much, to be honest. More of a set-up for the story. Wait for Part II though.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-02-18, 10:01   Link #20015
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
1 Mill Get! Nice Job everyone! claps

A massive train, theAcela Custom arrives, carrying one R-Smith

I am Ryand-Smith... The backlog breaker who has returned from New Jersey Exile! I must Cleave the evil backlog, and with my partner Acela, we will break through!
Smith: RailForm, Valor, Guts

Acela:*Yes Master!* I am not my brother TGV! I am Acela, and with my Boosters...

Smith: "We will Break the backlog!"

Kha
Spoiler for Supreme Elio:

So, I returned from my exile, and I find out that Elio is now gar. His attacks are nice, a small scale approach to things. I see he has stepped out of his mother's shadow, and he is now his own fighter. He uses his magic, guts, and hard work to power himself. Does Kha/Elio have a MASTER/DOMON moment, like This...

Elio: Master!
Kha: Elio, The school of the Undefeated of the East

Elio: The winds of the king!
Kha: Tempa
Elio: Kyoran
Spoiler for Rather good image:

Together: "Look the East... MidChlida is burning Red!

That is grand...

Spoiler for Signum:

I always thought Signum was a AngelG, not Valasaya.
is shot from cosmos by Shadow-Mirrors*.
Ok I could never see Signum as a drunk, that bit might be funny for some lighthearted story. Lambda? Don't you mean Lamina Hides from Shadow Mirrors. Loli-Signum? When was this, and how do I not know about it... The sheer potential for cute is ... off the charts.... moe energy too much... Commits Code ATA Also, the AngelG refrences makes me feel like dusting off my OG2 copy, and playing some more of Lamina.

Spoiler for Pilgrim Duels:

Innovative. A actual purpose for the Tomes. I mean, even insane mad wizards don't make the generic soul stealing device without reason. It is nice that Reinforce is truly good at heart, and actually has a reason for existing. This sounds like a wicked RPG idea...

Kha, are you going to be a doctor... because I am afraid of becoming someone in your drama world... must not get sick...

TORMENK

Spoiler for DRILLS:

We need a song for this, some sort of... Grand Glorious Gathering?

Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

Well, this just seems like a diffrent POV of the final operation in 26. How are you going to expand on this short tale? Is this Signum centric? Luctia centric? Oh the mysteries!

Nightengale
Spoiler for Blank of 6 Months I:

This is a nice preview to the story. It intrigues me. I would like to know more about this story.

On your point about the Numbers, I am writing a story about that, which is the 12th Magical Assault Team, chronicled Here If you would like to go there.

AdmiralTigerclaw
Spoiler for MP Evas:

Well now, miss Fox seems fairly nice. Does she have an emo boyfriend who eventually nearly ends the world, or is she actually stable for once. In all seriousness, this seems like a good OC, but don't fall into the Eva trap, Anno was depressed enough as is.

On your idea about Regulus, I can see him doing that. Hell, the entire point about Einhander, as a poster pointed out, was a counter to the good doctor. Do you plan on writing a story about some secret side project that the General plans out? This could have the potential to cannon break if you are not careful about it, but Go for it!

Saint X

I do not like the metarefrences. Please, do not put (info like this) in the story, it feels bizarre reading a narrative that speaks to the reader, as that storytelling method works best on the screen, and not as a printed work. 3000 Gadgets, and a number, with AMF? That approaches low level hax, unless you approach it the same way 7arcs did with the Tia vs the Numbers battle, and always have a feel for offhandedness. This feels more like a high school comedy set in a serious situation.

LoweGear

Spoiler for Henshin Rangers, Yellow:

In my first read through, I did not notice that the belkanrangers were rich, and now that I re-read, it seems to have the nice hotblood, but keep the feel of Nanohaverse. I think on the power argument tangent, this is how to do it, or the way Kha did it with Signum. Make the attacks slight references to the shows, and keep the melee aspects, but be careful how you turn your mechs into magical girls/boys. It can be done, and when done well, it is great. Just my .02 USD on that entire diatribe.
Back to review on BelkaYellow, I mean Mayura, she seems like the nice fighter to counter the rest of the team's burning hotblood. I hope you have many fun times writing with her LoweGear.

Kagerou
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:

This story reminds me why I lurk the internets. This has that hard feeling of a spec-ops group, and yet keeps the focus on the man, not their machines. It helps introduce a new reader to why the group has weapons, and it combines the feel of CIA blackops, with the personal feelings of our characters. I like how you addressed hotblood in a real fashion, and the reference to the CC, Fate. This story is somehow, uplifting. I can read the character's emotions and development quite well. Is there more of this @verse?

Spoiler for St Kaizer's Day:

I still do not get going from hard Magic, to some of the best fluff lovey-dobey [EDIT NOTE I LIKE THAT STUFF SUE ME] writing, is one of those talents that never ceases to amaze me. The interactions are nice and cute, yet don't feel like the character's ages are too young for me. The end paragraphs made me feel a slight happiness inside, and that clinched it for me. This is a great job!

Nightengale
Spoiler for Alhazred:

This work feels rather Gothic, and I mean Gothic as it is meant in acadmeic circles, A la Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, the ilk. It is rather horrible in its message on paradises, and the little quote seals the deal, rather good job with the "imperfection is necessary" quip. The gift of the stranger, a nice touch, I say. The feeling of the entire universe turning on and destroying Alharzerd, that sounds rather brutal, but I can see a bunch of threatened medium level powers doing that for their own "salivation", as well as the distortion of history to protect their own innocence.

Spoiler for Number Fluff:

A nice fun short fluff peice about the Numbers. Well done. I just find the uses of condoms funny when played for seriousness/genuine ignorance. Great job, and keep up the fluff.
Spoiler for Blank of 6 Months : Pilot Prologue:

Your story on Hayate in the RF6 Era manages to express what Hayate would be feeling near the end of the story. She's a General, but tired, active duty tearing through her troops, her best soldiers working triple overtime, man she deserves a true vacation. The introduction seems weird, almost ethereal and unworldly though.

Anita
So, you are the girlfriend of Kha. I wonder how do you put up with his hotblooded antics, and cracked writings. I find him a good guy, but what do you think?

Backlog Finisher!

Acela Smith. Away!
Old 2008-02-18, 10:01   Link #20016
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Well just a trial snippet to Escape from Ground Central

need initial evaluation please...

Spoiler for Escape from Ground Central: Chapter 1 Snippet:

*runs*

*spots something*

*runs back*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Saint X

I do not like the metarefrences. Please, do not put (info like this) in the story, it feels bizarre reading a narrative that speaks to the reader, as that storytelling method works best on the screen, and not as a printed work. 3000 Gadgets, and a number, with AMF? That approaches low level hax, unless you approach it the same way 7arcs did with the Tia vs the Numbers battle, and always have a feel for offhandedness. This feels more like a high school comedy set in a serious situation.
I have a sudden itch to use Virtue-tan on you...

But Tiera's using it so i'm stuck with my IDS...

What kind of info?

That for the record is a preview for a WIP... and a possible line to say...

It's just my style...

Well a lot of people get confused at my style, but if you look at it closer and give it a little more imaginative action- then you will know.

And there are other people in the building... not just the Lead and shis band of classmages...

this is for a possible Rebuilt integration.

and the magic style is non-descript- so it's resistant to AMF- which only (in canon that is) affects Mid and Velka- there are still 798+ other magic forms- and there is that possibility that at least 1 is resistant to AMF.

I'll have my Dei-Type Magic canon up in a few days... be sure to take down notes in the lecture.

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-02-18 at 10:34. Reason: I'M ITCHING TO USE VIRTUE-TANNNNN~
Old 2008-02-18, 11:04   Link #20017
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
Old 2008-02-18, 11:07   Link #20018
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:

Quote:
Okay, before I hit The books again, so to speak. I need some data.

This concerns Regius. As the honcho in charge of ground forces... he was under the control of the brains. The brains had him covering up Jail's actions even though he was criminal and dangerous.
As far as what i've seen indicates, he and Jail were cooperating in a "allies of convinience" scheme, without him realising that the brains were backing Jail. Both of them were planning on betraying each other, but Jail moved a lot faster than Regius expected.

Quote:
How feasible would it be that Regius, knowing and hating Jail, would order small scale projects with the purpose of countering Jail's threat?
I know he was openly denying funding for equiping the ground forces against the gadget drones. Probably on orders.
Actually, from what Auris was thinking in the elavator, it was implied Einherjar sucked up all the fund from the ground forces. My understanding of it is that Regius diverted the funds to the Einherjar project and also didn't want to get the anti-Gadget Drone gear because it wasn't made by the ground forces.

Quote:
But as much as we can tell he really HATES Jail (especially because Jails Numba's killed his friend ZEST.), would it not be expected for someone of his rank to have something on the low down to pull out of his back pocket come Jail making a move? Knowing Jail is up to something.

The reason I put this out is because one way to wrap these little projects (Lawmaker and Crash's armor.) Together is that Regius had already figured Jail for a wild card, if not by the time Zest got killed, at least from then onwards. And needed his own pawns prepared, but they needed to seem trivial, under the radar of the floating brains and Jail.

Unfortunately, his projects would come too late since Jail made his move very quickly once he found what he wanted.
This would, on the face of it, appear feasible. However, IIRC, Regius is a diehard true believer in the traditional ways of operation. Furthermore, Einherjar was supposed to be his counter to Jail and the Numbers.

Quote:
Now, I know he had something in the works... Einherjar... but I haven't the freakin foggiest clue what it is... (Seems to be mentioned as a trump card, but seems to be destroyed before its even revealed.) so I'm off to look around.
Einherjar was a set of three giant cannon installations. each was really freakin' huge with 3 guns long enough to launch a plane off (...well, a V/STOL, at any rate), and they were dispersed. One was out in the desert, one was in a forest, and i can't remember where there third unit was placed. It was revealed but quickly destroyed by swarms of Gadget Drones and Numbers who overwhelmed the defenders. Basically, smaller-scale magical versions of Chandelier.

Also, to those who've commented on the OFM and Alpha and the Overview I put up; thanks for your support! It's good to know I'm being red.

Erio, will get to your PM soon. Chasing down some leads and talking to sources, as well as stress at work -_- Good time to PM me with questions is from Thursday 1200 GMT onwards to monday 0000 GMT.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-02-19 at 10:12.
Old 2008-02-18, 11:17   Link #20019
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
Hampering/attacking/manipulating the mage via the device and not the magic (AMF)?

sounds like another good idea to mess things up...

I was trying to think of a virus that affects devices (kinda like 'the virus that eats angels' in Angelic Layer Fanon)- this takes the concept well...

and it sounds like Seeking Raid-type (from Elementar Gelade: artificial Edel Raids (a sort of living weapon)) weapons as well- though not human in form... well after reading the unison part...

Will monitor on progress...
Old 2008-02-18, 11:21   Link #20020
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

@Lowe: I recall you made up some terms for the kind of magic used in melee attack enhancements. I also made the same spell for my OC Itsuki, but of course I never detailed it the way you did. Mine if I borrowed the concept?