Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 05:22   Link #17821
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Shirley is modeled after Inoue Orihimi.

( I'm joking. )

C.C. is a unique character. And you don't get a lot of green-haired girls who gets REALLY popular. Ahooho. Mysterious characters are mostly white or violet haired ones. And Pink ones are the mostly overused these days. O.O

( What am I saying!? )

Edit: SORRY! I thought this was the C.C. thread since ya'll were talkin' about C.C.
About Kallen's haircolor , it would seriously suck if it were pink.
Old 2008-12-18, 05:24   Link #17822
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Ignore my post then. But I am a Kallen fan too. I think she's the best best best best pilot of CG. Suzaku comes in at second.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 05:33   Link #17823
Nobodyman9
Banned

I'd say Kallen's hair is more of a magenta-ish color. And it looks damn fine.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 05:50   Link #17824
Levy
differently sober

No well, Karen is anything but androginous - and I personally find her really hot - but if you compare her with the female cast she's one of the less 'pretty princess' for sure I guess.

Euphie, Shirley, Milly, Nunnaly, Tianzi, Kaguya... maybe also Marianne - they are all apparently very delicate women. Karen is more like Cornelia, Rakshata and Villetta, femenine but quite... aggressive XD!

CC, Chiba - and maybe even Anya - are more androginous.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 05:53   Link #17825
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Ignore my post then. But I am a Kallen fan too. I think she's the best best best best pilot of CG. Suzaku comes in at second.
She's by far and away the best none hax pilot in CG.

Lets see:-

Bismark foresight HAX. Check.
Suzaku freaky supernatural physical abilities and live geass(seed mode) HAX. Check.
Xinge Ke Brains and Brawns HAX. Check.
Tamaki Cockroach HAX(lol). Check.

Kallen doesn't have any freaky HAXor powers, a reasonably balanced mech until the last 7 EP's and Suzaku gets one as well so she can't out HAX him.

Really if Kallen got any sort of HAX, geass or otherwise, CG would've been over a few ep's after she got the Guren Nishki.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 06:11   Link #17826
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
No well, Karen is anything but androginous - and I personally find her really hot - but if you compare her with the female cast she's one of the less 'pretty princess' for sure I guess.

Euphie, Shirley, Milly, Nunnaly, Tianzi, Kaguya... maybe also Marianne - they are all apparently very delicate women. Karen is more like Cornelia, Rakshata and Villetta, femenine but quite... aggressive XD!

........Hmmm, somehow, your post makes me want to draw a CG version of the Bust Fortune-telling Song. XDDDDDD
Old 2008-12-18, 06:16   Link #17827
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

She was pretty though when she had straight hair and acted as the sweet demure Kallen Statfeldt.

Agree though that she is totally smoking hot though as Kozauki Karen.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 06:25   Link #17828
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
........Hmmm, somehow, your post makes me want to draw a CG version of the Bust Fortune-telling Song. XDDDDDD
I can't hear the audio for the vid from this computer but I DO WANT that! XDDD

Edit- because I didn't get Zero's post right, sorry - I don't like very much the 'Statfeldt' look, btw...
Old 2008-12-18, 11:48   Link #17829
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

About Kallen's fangirlism in season 1. A lot of people dislike it and I know several Kallen fans who like to "gloss over it" themselves. However, I think it's quite justifiable and actually makes her more human, to have such a strong reaction to him.

First, look at the buildup of Kallen's history. She started off fairly happy, if a bastard child, in her family, and this lasted for 10 years, before she started losing everything. At first she went through the normal hardships of most of the Japanese; we know from her mother's refrained testimony she was beaten several times as a young teenager, and given her headstrong nature she probably was cained in the street on a weekly basis. However, it deteriorated further when her father stepped in. Kallen's family was basically ripped to shreds by him, she lost all respect for her mother and I doubt she could see her brother as much anymore. She even lost her own actual name in addition to her countries name. And then Kallen got shipped off to Ashford, to see exactly what splendor the Britannians lived in, the utter difference in quality of life because of a small difference in name. And yet, her counscious didn't want to hate the students: they were not at falt for any of Britannias cruelty, and her brother wanted her to be there. And then Naoto died. Kallen, either before but probably after this became a terrorist. She was desperate, alone, and had never had a good turn in her life yet.

Enter Zero.

About a week. Thats the sketchy time frame I built up for every last one of Kallen's wishes to start coming true. First, it started becoming possible for her to have hope of facing Britannia under his leadership. She may yet give meaning to Naoto's life yet. Secondly, she wasn't a terrorist anymore; the Black Knights did not target civilian targets, and they were heroes in the eyes of many of the public. Kallen no longer killed the innocent. Third, she reconciled with her mother. She was no longer alone, she knew she had someone who cared about her and someone she cared about left in this world. Fourth, she made friends at Ashford. Kallen had a place of relief to go to, and was probably happier in her heart to no longer dislike her innocent classmates. This is not counting all the smaller desires Zero fulfilled, such as saving the student council or giving her her own badass signature knightmare (you know she wanted one) All of this done within a short time of the appearance of an enigmatic and charismatic masked man, who went on about exactly the same stuff she wanted. And this did not end. Kallen, who had never had an upturning moment in her life, had happiness dumped on her. Given time between them, I think she could've sorted out the causes and effects of these, and reacted more 'rationally', but Kallen never had a chance to do that. And finally, the moment a downturn did come, with the death of Shirley's father (note how many of these new things to her life that hits) she goes to Zero questioning it all. Hence episode 13 talk~ and Kallen get the problem in her life smoothed out by him. After that, well, she wasn't able to sort out all of this happiness placed on her back, and instead decided the source was Zero. Hence her upcoming fangirlism with him. In many ways, Zero was practically an avatar of what she wanted in life.

I'll also point out that she only really had time to sort it out over the year break.

I drew most of this from stage 9. In it, we see Kallen's reflection on the black knights becoming heroes, she was certainly enjoying it. We see her mother note that she got beat by Britannians after the invasion. This is further supported by her almost going to help the man managing the stand; Kallen struggled against the oppression she saw and did not walk away unhurt. That further helps explain where and why she decided to develop martial skills. We also get a timeline for several events in her past. Milly states that Kallen went to a Japanese middle school, this means the Stadtfelds couldn't have been a major part of her life before this. Furthermore, Ohgi states Naoto would be happy to see Kallen in school. Since this is a Britannian school, I interpret this as meaning Naoto was alive for seeing Kallen go to Ashford, and wanted her to happy there; thus, he didn't die before their family got broken up.

So, thoughts? I, personally, have no problems with this aspect of her character as it seems to me a very human response, ironically a well developed character becoming the relatively one dimensional one she seems like in season 1.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 11:59   Link #17830
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
thats a really interesting summery of kallen's season 1 mindframe
i would try to comment on it but i kinda dont have the time ATM
Old 2008-12-18, 12:55   Link #17831
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

@ Grey Dawn:
Omg, I love your summary. O_O
Especially since I liked season one Kallen even more than R2 Kallen.
Fangirling is great if it is done the right way, and I absolutely adored Kallen's hero-worship for Zero. Maybe because I think it had a lot to do with Naoto, or maybe because it was just awesome and gave her a lot of depth... but in any case, I love season one Kallen.
(Not that she isn't great in R2, but I was even more taken with her when she still went to Ashford).
Old 2008-12-18, 13:09   Link #17832
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
@Grey:: Nice, you pretty much said everything that had to be said about it. I do agree, though i think that a lot of people were making inside joke fun about Kallen fangirling him. lawl
She had faith and respect for him, nothing wrong about it and especially when her past {like you hinted} was constructed in a way, that she needed someone like Zero in her life.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 13:22   Link #17833
blottyparchment

Japanese fans' version of Kallen the fangirl is Kallen the wanko (doggie). They used to draw her with dog ears and a wagging tail. >.<
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 13:24   Link #17834
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Japanese fans' version of Kallen the fangirl is Kallen the wanko (doggie). They used to draw her with dog ears and a wagging tail. >.<
Oh that explains alot.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 13:30   Link #17835
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Haha, i thought she was a hachi or something. lawl
I have seen some artwork around, it is actually hilarious.
Old 2008-12-18, 13:59   Link #17836
Levy
differently sober

I've read a book from Banana Yoshimoto that is partially titled after this loyal dog hachiko of japanese folklore that is used to describe the hero-worship attitude.

Grey, great post man! and sorry if I can't articulate anything more intelligent right now to feedback all the interesting things you said but I got a flu and my brain is half-melted =.=
Old 2008-12-18, 14:23   Link #17837
AceFlashheart

Is there complex psychology involved?

Zero is a hero in a mask, bursting with charisma who turns up and makes the impossible happen.

Hell, I'm a strait man and even I'm gay as hell for stupid sexy Lelouch.

But I guess I fell out with the idea of Karen and Lelouch's relationship.

Honestly there interaction was much more intresting in season 1 where they talk as students. In season 2 it all sortof drops out of focus, partially because Karen spends more than half the season captured or trying to kill Lelouch.

I'm not debating their attraction to one another... only that Lelouch never seemed to confide in Karen.

She ends up resembling Shirley, sitting on the sidelines going "Huff" every time he walks off with C.C. to remind the audience that she's supposed to be in love with him.

If Clamp don't like drawing Kallen... maybe it has more to do with how fanservicey she tends to be as opposed to other female characters. Clamp tend to to draw their characters with real bodies (perfect, elegant, beautiful ones mind) rather than the usual water melon smuggling shonen affair -.-

"Wanko" Kallen: 1:00. It's very cute.
AceFlashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 14:38   Link #17838
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post

She ends up resembling Shirley, sitting on the sidelines going "Huff" every time he walks off with C.C. to remind the audience that she's supposed to be in love with him.
No actually this is the "tsun" of her chara. This reaction is coming from her unconscious. xD
Old 2008-12-18, 14:39   Link #17839
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post
Is there complex psychology involved?

Zero is a hero in a mask, bursting with charisma who turns up and makes the impossible happen.

Hell, I'm a strait man and even I'm gay as hell for stupid sexy Lelouch.

But I guess I fell out with the idea of Karen and Lelouch's relationship.

Honestly there interaction was much more intresting in season 1 where they talk as students. In season 2 it all sortof drops out of focus, partially because Karen spends more than half the season captured or trying to kill Lelouch.

I'm not debating their attraction to one another... only that Lelouch never seemed to confide in Karen.

If Clamp don't like drawing Kallen... maybe it has more to do with how fanservicey she tends to be as opposed to other female characters. Clamp tend to to draw their characters with real bodies (perfect, elegant, beautiful ones mind) rather than the usual water melon smuggling shonen affair -.-

"Wanko" Kallen: 1:00. It's very cute.
Woahwoahwhoa.
You aren't familiar with Clamp's work are you ? Clamp's womans are oftenly slim and can get very big boobs (Or they are little girls); Clamp don't like fanservice ? So I guess Miyuki chan in Wonderland isn't part of their work.
And Kallen is fanservice ? Yeah she is, as much as CC. Kallen's boobs and CC's ass, I don't think we saw one more than other (Since CC get in season 1 a bunch of VERY suggestive scans)

Everytime ? You mean...One time ? the time which is going to push her to take her Guren just like if she had to prove something to a certain someone, without thinking about the energy filler; Kallen isn't a lovesick girl, if that's what you mean; She choose her beliefs over the man she loves, hard to be more independant than that.

Now, Kallen and Lelouch got a few moment together before her capture (She was captured Turn 10) and even if those moments were always interrupted, they were part of their devellopment; we get tease, important moment with destruction of some barrier between them, sweet moment...R2 was a Kalulu season, hard to deny it.
I remeber when she was captured, people were stating that Lelouch became OOC because she was like his best friend at this moment, because she saw him in his worse state and came after him; Lelouch didn't have any problem to "confide" (and what do you mean by "confide" actually ? O_o) to Kallen about his plan or everything, Turn 9 say hello.

Grey dawn : Really nice post. I remember back to season 1 all this kallen bashing because she was such a fangirl ! And finally in season 2 I saw Kallen's bashing because she should have stay a soldier and not be involve (and in love) with Lelouch.

All of this is a part of her character, and I love her for everything she had to offer.
Fangirl of the persona who made her dreams come true and finally in love with the man who made her dreams come true. It was predictable; Kalulu is pure Win.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 14:40   Link #17840
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
lets change topic (before someone kills AceFlashheart)
assuming that the guren was not turned to scrapped metal by lelouch
assuming that it does in fact still exist
my question is as follows

does it actually belong to kallen ?

rakshata was the designer in the same way that she designed the shen-hu and Lloyd designed the lancelot
but the shen-hu did not belong to rakshata (it belonged to the maharaja)
and while Lloyd is obssesive about the lancelot it does not actually belong to him
it was shnizels (he owned it)

the guren was designed by rakshata and then built and funded by kyoto
kyoto gave it to ZERO and the OOBK as a show of support
they GAVE IT to them
as in a gift as a show of support
which means that it stopped belonging to kyoto and belonged to the OOBK
ZERO was the leader of the OOBK so in essence the guren as well as the burai's given at the same time were his to do with as he sees fit
and lelouch gave it to kallen
he didnt say "from now on your its pilot" or i would like you to pilot it for me"
he said very clearly "guren niishki wa, kallen, kimi no mono da"
meaning "the guren is your thing" or more logiclly "the guren is yours"

and since kyoto (the old owners) are now gone
as is the following owner (zero)
does that mean that the guren techniclly belongs to kallen ?