AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 20:54   Link #181
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Sexual intercourse education:

How to have safe intercourse, the dangers of both safe and unsafe intercourse, the properties of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and what people can do to have a enjoyable experience while being safe about it. It also consists of some specified biology and the reproduction organs in general.

Is that satisfactory? It's basically about the conditions and the safeness of intercourse. I never really took it, actually. I was taught some things about it from a person that came to school. I took health and fitness, and they really didn't touch on it from my knowledge.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 20:57   Link #182
yoropa
Director

I actually skipped all sex ed but I have a self-run abstinence program that works for me. Not everybody is able to follow through on that though. I know how things generally work, being in AP Biology and all. I didn't like how our sex ed classes talked about specific ways a blowjob can be given, because at that point you're not teaching about safety during sexual intercourse.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 21:03   Link #183
Samari
World's Greatest

Just use protection. That is all I have to say. I don't care how well you THINK you know someone. Fact is, there are a lot of people out there that may have slept around and don't even know that they have an STD. And if they don't know and you hook up with that person that you could be in some serious trouble. If there is anything to remember it's that. Another obvious reason is avoiding pregnancy. If you go out to a nightspot or you meet up with a girl or guy and you think you're going to get some ass that day, make sure you and or your partner is using protection. It's ridiculous how a lot of educated people are getting STD's. If you don't know what you're doing go to YouTube and watch a video. There really aren't any excuses to not being prepared. We live in an age where this would fall under the category of common sense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:37   Link #184
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Sex ed in my school was pretty detailed, but in the end it just came down to the basic idea of either use protection if you're going to have sex with your partner, and if you don't plan to have sex with your partner for some time, just don't do it at all until you meet someone who is that important to you.

Granted, I know I'm glossing it over; there are a lot of (admittedly stupid, but still) reasons people don't use protection, especially condoms, when they have sex with their partners, and there are also times when a person is pressured into having sex or just plain raped.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:19   Link #185
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Sex ed in my school was pretty detailed, but in the end it just came down to the basic idea of either use protection if you're going to have sex with your partner, and if you don't plan to have sex with your partner for some time, just don't do it at all until you meet someone who is that important to you.

Granted, I know I'm glossing it over; there are a lot of (admittedly stupid, but still) reasons people don't use protection, especially condoms, when they have sex with their partners, and there are also times when a person is pressured into having sex or just plain raped.
I wonder if there have been any cases where someone has raped someone else, only to obtain an STD in the process. That would be karma's ultimate smackdown.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 16:51   Link #186
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
For the first time in my life, I never thought I'd get an A- for once in my university life.

That's after moving from the Philippines to Vancouver, Canada by my dad for some time now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 22:00   Link #187
yoropa
Director

Today was my final day of high school class, despite graduation being a bit less than a month away. I only had two classes today, but stayed the entire day even through my free blocks. I didn't have to show up to homeroom but I did anyway.

I had some closure with the Korean girl (see Dating thread). Finally, I got to hug her. For a bloke like me, that's about as intimate as I can. But it was enough to keep me happy, until word got out that I was not showing up to school tomorrow. I started finding myself attacked by seniors I had never really talked to. The odd thing was they were acting as if I was a friend. I had never spoken to these people before outside of forced situations. In my book, that does not constitute friendship.

English class came around. I handed in my final thesis paper of high school. Had to meet with my Biology professor during lunch along with my ass of a lab partner in order to work out problems we've been having (him not doing shit) over the journal article for our experiment that's due tomorrow.

Final free period of high school. I spent time talking with my Jewish friend. I don't know how he survived these past four years. If you think my social situation is bad, his is worse. I'm the only one who actually will show him respect. I show him that because I've been in his position before, and it's a place nobody should find themselves in.

Then Calculus came. Our classes were over since we had the AP. We had a party. Ate food. Watched the SNL featuring Betty White with the professor. And then came the Newspaper activity at the end of the day. My article I wrote about Azerbaijani culture got published. Even though I'm graduating, they want me to continue writing as an alum of the school for next year's paper.

I continued from there after school to work, which is in the after care program for the younger children of the school. It was also my last day. The kids made me farewell cards. 70% of them drew Pokeballs on them, and a good deal of them said "Good luck in college! P.S. Catch 'em all!" My boss who I have been complaining about this entire time finally joined in a game of dodgeball with the kids. She said she'd let me hit her. If her entire administration was a buildup to this point then I am impressed. I didn't expect this to end so well, not at all.

I went home and finished the Biology lab. Somehow we got it done in time. Work is now done. High school is now done.

Why am I tearing up? I hate this school. I hate the people in it. I hate their guts so much. And I'm crying. ... I'm happy. For my entire life, I've seen myself as a good-for-nothing quitter. But I made it. I survived it. I've come out alive.

I managed to mend many of the waning friendships I had. I'm ending the year with a count of 5 people I'll continue talking with. The freshmen in the newspaper activity, who has shown me nothing but respect and understanding despite our views on politics and religion being vast opposites. The Korean exchange student girl, who has shown me nothing but kindness. The Jewish friend, who despite suffering a fate worse than mine stayed strong and positive the entire time. The Lithuanian guy I mended the friendship with, who above all others has the most in common with me. And, the Australian guy I mended the friendship with, the class president who actually listens to my advice when he asks for it.

Numbers don't mean anything. The amount of friends you have don't mean anything. It's what those friends mean that it's important. I'm starting to tear up again. I'd like to end this with a quote from one of my favorite works of literature, Le Petit Prince, with minor modifications to remove references to his rose:

C'est le temps que tu as perdu pour [quelque chose] qui fait [cette chose] si importante.
(It is the time that you spend with something that makes it so important.)

My only regret is that I did not come to grips with this concept until now.

No more tears now. Nothing except happiness.

Thank you.
Old 2010-05-16, 15:59   Link #188
yoropa
Director

I'm sorry to say I need to retract a lot of what I said. Life keeps kicking me in the crotch. Sigh.
Old 2010-05-17, 21:40   Link #189
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
I'm sorry to say I need to retract a lot of what I said. Life keeps kicking me in the crotch. Sigh.
Life has a rather bed tendency of doing that, unfortunately. How well you bounce back from it is another question entirely, though.
Old 2010-05-18, 11:27   Link #190
Knightrunner

I'm a 3rd year college student now but when I think about the highschool days many things are corrupt (Adminstrators, teachers, construction workers, students, almost everything). Apparently I'm in a class year where many people try to succeed (25% went strait to four year colleges). These same classmates have parents that work for the school district so there are favorites being played around. I'm not exactly in the bad end of the stick since I happen to be one of the top 10 of my class; a runner that can run distance under 18 minutes for three miles, two laps nearly hitting 2 min. mark, and sprint 100 for 11.0 seconds; joined majority of the school clubs; and do lots of community service.

In the school the suppose top part of the ladder are the preps and the bottom parts are the gangsters. Some of the preps are intelligant in my class year so I guess nerds were never really the bottom or middle the ladder.

I'm luckily that I don't get picked on that much but I think it is because people know I'm good at certain things. Some people know I have a high GPA but they don't know I'm good a sports while other people see me good at sports but do not know I have a high GPA. It is kind of rare to find people to know I'm actually well-rounded.

Plus, I keep my distance so it will be hard to find dirt on me.

I have my occasional run in with a corrupt teacher or adminstrator, but I'm some people goes through this.

College life is way better, but after I graduated I'm surprise to see how many classmates want to get together or would talk to you nicely. People just try to find connections and that is what makes life great
Old 2010-06-11, 12:24   Link #191
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

What are you supposed to do when someone constantly starts fights with you but you don't want to do anything because you are not sure if they will get other people involved if you win or get weapons involved. So when you leave it they keep coming back and you know that you can probably beat them in a fight because you practice martial arts.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 13:49   Link #192
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
What are you supposed to do when someone constantly starts fights with you but you don't want to do anything because you are not sure if they will get other people involved if you win or get weapons involved. So when you leave it they keep coming back and you know that you can probably beat them in a fight because you practice martial arts.
Could you get away with a "Stop. Now. Or I'll kill you"? How about a "You get a free punch. Make it count."?

People are elss likely to atttack if they know retaliation is waiting for them at the end. They probably know you won't fight back so... Maybe that is why they 'pick fights with you' - because they know it'd be onesided (in their favor)

Than again. You have to prove you will keep to your word. It worked for me probably ebcause of that. Did I get in trouble? Yes. But I was dismissed because they were known for picking fights/bullying.

Though I wager the situation is different for you. So disregard that~
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 14:35   Link #193
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The guy is your usual thuggish, thinks he is a big man in school, knows quite a lot of people like him, he probably will end up in jail or getting shot in the future, and causes trouble with most boys in our school (most people dont like him) because they think he will get guys if they win (which is my problem). If I know no weapons or guys will be involved goodbye calm cub~sama, welcome ass whooping Tiger-Sama.

Most people know that even though I don't fight I am actually strong, since most people know I do kickboxing and my friends know that I spar and train with men twice my age, twice my strength and one of them is someone training to be a soldier and quite literally a robot.

I know my strength and I know his and I know how he fights (like the average street fighter that knows absolutely nothing about fighting). From these factors I have already come up with battle scenarios in my head and I come out victorious the only thing is the whole other people/weapons aspect of it.

I hate current days with all the knife crime, gun crime and "I'll get my guys to fight you because I can't" mentality, I miss when I could go fight someone and not worry about my life being in danger

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 23:58   Link #194
yoropa
Director

Graduated. Even got a chance to give a small, off-the-top-of-my-head speech that lasted a total of 7 seconds but got the crowd pretty pumped. Said it before but I'll say it again, people don't usually like me in my school, but recognize that I can do stuff and as such will tolerate me, for the most part, because they want something.

Resolved the previous conflict with the girl I had that major problem with. One month of not seeing each other usually seems to be the cure. Still ain't going to talk to her ever again in my life unless some twist of fate puts her in my path, but I suppose it's good to know that we were able to move beyond what started as a petty disagreement gone horrendously wrong, if only briefly and privately.

So how would I describe student culture now? Probably with the same cynicism I used to describe it, honestly. Except now having finally been freed from this horrendous system, I no longer can say it can hold me down and depress me as much as it used to, for there's no point in dwelling too much on what has passed, but there is such a point in learning from everything you've experienced.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:24   Link #195
LeoXiao
思想工作

I graduated three days ago. I've visited my old elementary and middle schools with a friend; it was interesting to see how stuff has changed.
My graduating class has always been pretty peaceful (for lack of a better word). I never really got to know many people beyond the few friends I have always had, but many of them seemed like pretty nice individuals. It'll be weird not seeing most of them ever again.

@yoropa
glad that you got over some of your problems. it can be hard sometimes but the bottom line is that you just have to stick to your principles and not give in to whatever chaotic/subconscious feelings you may have.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
students