AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 05:54   Link #101
kniteowl

Even Angela says Madarama deserves better.

If there's no Madarama x Saki ending then go for the Harem ending, I don't think any girl so far in the manga can fill the void in his life called Saki.

Every single time he sees Saki or thinks he sees her, he gets a heart attack. The Poor Guy couldn't give her up if he tried. Maybe the final nail in the coffin will be when he sees Saki again and she's Pregnant with Kousaka's Kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I was really surprised that everyone knew he liked her. As for Saki I think she realized back when he dropped those pictures of her on the ground.
No it was Ohno who dropped the photos, although she was offering them to Madarama so I expect Ohno Knew Madarama liked Saki back then because she tried to offered the photos in secret but Saki caught her in the end.

Even though Ohno offered the photos, Madarama rejected them, maybe he was trying to keep his secret to the grave after all.

I wonder how Madarama got the photos in the end though since they're there in his room, mostly likely Ohno or Tanaka gave it to him.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2011-08-01 at 06:32.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 00:11   Link #102
kniteowl

I know double posting is Frowned upon but the new chapter is out!!! (Chapter 66)

I smell a Angela X Madarama X Sue Love Triangle in the future.

Although Sue X Madarame wouldn't be so bad, she asked him to carry her on his shoulders before which I thought was cute.

If only Madarame knew English, he could've easily gotten a one night stand lol.
Old 2011-08-10, 00:31   Link #103
Johnny
Working the bags...

Hato is really starting to get annoying. Angela is right he needs to mind his own business. He seems to want Madarame to keep pining away at a love he can't ever get. Poor Madarame could have gotten himself some huge American boobies to play with, too...

I somehow got the same vibe with Madarame that I get with Kouta from Otaku No Musume-san at the end of this chapter. They both end up getting jack in one hand and shit in the other...

Last edited by Johnny; 2011-08-10 at 19:57.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 09:29   Link #104
Shadow5YA

Hato has a point too though. Madarame wants a girl he can seriously love, not for fun. It doesn't really feel like Angela is serious about Madarame.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 13:21   Link #105
solomon

This is true, but it doesn't change the fact that Madarame missed the boat. Hell he was nowhere near shore.

Angela might not have been the one, but that endless pining has got to stop.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 18:41   Link #106
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

UGH NOW NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN AND THE GUY WILL BE IN A RUT UNTIL THIS DAMN MANGA ENDS AGAIN

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 19:44   Link #107
solomon

Woah, don't shoot dude. Chill.
Old 2011-08-10, 20:02   Link #108
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
To be fair, that's the reaction many of the readers are getting. Madarame is just too hung over Saki to move on, but he HAS to move on eventually.

Personally I don't care if it's Angela OR Hato, but some closure has to be given to Madarame... Unless the mangaka throws a curveball and gives us a Spotted Flower-esque resolution (meaning Saki breaks up with Kousaka and hooks up with Madarame on the rebound).
Old 2011-08-10, 22:10   Link #109
Master Chibi

Yeah the guy needs some closure, I'm getting sick of the fact that literally everyone else is in a happy relationship of some sort, or complacent with how their lives are going, but the poor guy continues to be dangled about with this plot point for some reason. This chapter was going too far, EVERYONE ELSE literally knows but he doesn't know that everyone else knows.

Let him off the hook already, seriously.

Old 2011-08-10, 22:30   Link #110
Shadow5YA

Chai kick!
Old 2011-08-11, 06:02   Link #111
ko-sukebe-gawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Chai kick!
Actually, it made me glad to find out that Sue is obviously acquainted with one of my favorite manga series.

And her favorite character seems to be Apachai, huh? Well, probably because like her he is also a foreigner who is slowly learning Japanese.
ko-sukebe-gawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 11:25   Link #112
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah the guy needs some closure, I'm getting sick of the fact that literally everyone else is in a happy relationship of some sort, or complacent with how their lives are going, but the poor guy continues to be dangled about with this plot point for some reason. This chapter was going too far, EVERYONE ELSE literally knows but he doesn't know that everyone else knows.

Let him off the hook already, seriously.
Being in an active sexual relationship isn't an absolute necessity to be complacent with one's life. Not sure if that's what you're implying or not, but it's silly to think that Madarame NEEDS to score a chick himself in order to be a "happy" character like the rest or whatever.

Not to mention it's getting a little harder to suspend disbelief with all of these supermodel level girls falling for average looking nerds. It could be overlooked in the first series, but now Angela and Madarame was completely out of nowhere and really hard to take seriously.

And no matter the outcome, there's no way I'll ever take this unnecessary sequel into consideration when judging the series and characters of Genshiken, that have now been relegated to retarded HERP DERP YAOI jokes. Yes, we get it, and still don't care.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 14:57   Link #113
solomon

While it happens waaaayyyyy too often in manga and anime, don't forget there ARE hot nerds out there you know, hell I've seen knockouts with guys who aren't excactly brad pitt so no I don't count it up there with tenchi harem levels of far fetched insanity.

Plus everything else is so damned naturalistic its barely an issue.
Old 2011-08-11, 16:00   Link #114
Master Chibi

Oh I'm not saying Madarame needs to pork anyone, I'm just saying he needs closure.

They're keeping him dangling on a string while skating on thin ice like it's actually going to get somewhere but at this point they're just torturing the guy.

Leave him fucking be already, give him a break.

Old 2011-08-11, 23:47   Link #115
kniteowl

I'm just happy the story is focusing on Madarame even if his situation is going no where for now, I find the other characters are either boring or unimportant, except for Sue.

I found it interesting that he kept his composure right until the end there.
Old 2011-08-11, 23:50   Link #116
solomon

I do admit that I prefer the original cast, but even then it took a while for them to really blossom as characters for me. So I am willing to give the new guys a chance.
Old 2011-08-28, 20:53   Link #117
kniteowl

Chapter 67 is out

Yip SUE is awesome and it's like she planned everything to nab Madarama all to her self, and her Force palm is awesome and she seemed pretty pissed off about the Angela X Madarame incident that she snapped at Oguie (don't ask), I wonder if that's jealousy?

Poor Madarame, if this were Fairly Odd Parents he say " No amount of therapy will ever make this moment better "

Rooting for Sue X Madarame now.
Old 2011-08-28, 21:07   Link #118
Shadow5YA

lol what did I just read
Old 2011-08-28, 23:49   Link #119
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
"Your ass is mine?"

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 00:21   Link #120
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Nice save by both Sue and Yajima, though for some reason I feel like they've helped create a monster in Hato. Since he's no longer inhibited by his hang-up about Madarame shipping, I can only imagine the doujin he'd be liable to draw.

Ah, poor Madarame. The butt of jokes as usual.

Tags
seinen