AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 22:21   Link #221
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well now, there def a dip in animation quality with this series now.
Long winded dialogue during running scenes or action scenes in general is something that can still get to me but no where near as bad as it used.

However onto more important matters and what the hell, that Kuroko-kun has got some pink haired busty beauty thats in love with him?!!

Still I find Riko cuter(not sure why tho)
Old 2012-07-02, 06:26   Link #222
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Did anyone see the VERY obvious Captain/Coach hint in the latest episode? The captain was talking about having a block of passion, and his view shifted focus to the coach while the other 3 generic reserves were cheering.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 18:23   Link #223
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, your shipping glasses are even more tinted than mine. I completely missed that part, considering I was thinking that the passionate part was about the 3 bench players. But I guess you can say that him still having passion is because it's for the Coach. I guess my shipping strength isn't high enough... for shame! lol

And speaking of shipping, yet another female! I'm glad that this one is more obvious, in that she explicitly states she has already fallen in love with Kuroko. Still begs the question though, if Kuroko is the one she loves, why did she go with the school of "Aominecchi" instead of following Kuroko? I'm hoping she has some subconscious feelings for this Aominecchi (as the explanation on why she followed him instead of any other GoM member), since shipping is much more exciting if there's a rival.

(Oh yeah, gotta have a backup for this pink haired girl because as far as I can see, Kuroko has only 'eyes' for Kagami )

As for the show itself... Kuroko makes HawkEye Guy lose sight of him by making HawkEye guy focus on him? Err.... what? Can a manga reader explain that part to me?

I do wonder though, did Coach tell Kagami he had only two jumps left because she knows he wouldn't save the second one for last (Kagami being hot headed and all). That she lied and really thought Kagami had three jumps left? If she did, wow, how crafty.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 18:29   Link #224
HandofFate

I like that the upperclassman are decently strong themselves and that Kororko and Kagami isn't carrying the team the whole way through.

I think Captain scored more pts than Kagami.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:32   Link #225
king12354

It's not really basketball anymore. Kinda expect the next dude to dunk it from half-court.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:37   Link #226
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
It's not really basketball anymore. Kinda expect the next dude to dunk it from half-court.
lol ain't that the truth now, was hoping it would stay somewhat grounded but it's kinda taking off now ain't it

You know what it needs now, some NBA JAM style play!

BoomShakaLaka!
Old 2012-07-04, 07:40   Link #227
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
...As for the show itself... Kuroko makes HawkEye Guy lose sight of him by making HawkEye guy focus on him? Err.... what? Can a manga reader explain that part to me?
As mentioned above by king, realism in this show was never a big concern from the very moment they introduced Kuroko's ability and his physical inabilities. Seriously he'd the drag the team down more on defense than he could ever make up with his 'awesome passes' on offense.

But I guess one way to look that specific example if it really troubles you that much is because HawkEye gives him full court vision at all times, he sees everything and misses nothing. By focusing that HawkEye solely on himself, Kuroko is effectively narrowing the HawkEye's field of vision (or destroying it rather if you prefer). Once narrowed, blind spots will naturally start to develop, giving Kuroko the ability to disappear out of sight and make his tricky passes again. The key here is getting rid of the HawkEye effects more so than where the attention is focused. Although the latter does help achieve the former.

Quote:
I do wonder though, did Coach tell Kagami he had only two jumps left because she knows he wouldn't save the second one for last (Kagami being hot headed and all). That she lied and really thought Kagami had three jumps left? If she did, wow, how crafty.
I doubt the show would go that deep into it without having a monologue by the coach or someone else spilling it all out and explaining what a genius play it was. Although I do have to give you some kudos for thinking up an idea that adds a little extra twist to the typical willpower overcomes all Shounen moment

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 00:08   Link #228
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm hoping she has some subconscious feelings for this Aominecchi (as the explanation on why she followed him instead of any other GoM member), since shipping is much more exciting if there's a rival.
She is...

Spoiler for Momoi spoilers / Don't click if you want suspense:

I threw this at you because 1) I hate 99% of all your pairings 2) I want to see you fall into a shipping dilemma. What will you do now, DragoonKain?

cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:40   Link #229
maplehurry

Confirmed: Kuroko = Gay.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:03   Link #230
Deltaray

God that episode was just so hilarious.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:20   Link #231
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Kiyoshi Teppei is in the OP together with the team = we will be getting the Winter tournament for this show, i.e. possibly 4 cour.

Other than some funny stuff in the show... Momoi-san in bikini Great body

EDIT: e.g.
Spoiler:

Last edited by leongsh; 2012-07-07 at 17:37.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:21   Link #232
Kazu-kun

A popsicle? What a way to make it clear her crush on Kuroko is shallow as fuck...

It doesn't matter though, because the one she really loves is probably Aomine. And no, I don't read the manga and I don't want manga spoilers. It's just the feeling I've got when she was talking bout him. We'll see what happens.
Old 2012-07-07, 19:49   Link #233
OPN

The hell they actually plan to go that far? guess their going to be skipping over quite a bit of chapters soon....as for the episode it was pretty good. The ops animation was freaken cheap though but i like how
Spoiler for Kurokos manga:
hopefully its just so they can save the budget for the big matches.
Old 2012-07-08, 00:57   Link #234
Excorsism

Guess they didn't want to waste an episode on the introduction to the dog that comes later. Lots of foreshadowing in both the OP/ED. Makes me wonder how far they're planning to go...
Old 2012-07-08, 07:08   Link #235
ookamigirl

Seirin's team totally drained after those 2 hard games.
It was LOL watching all of them at the same restaurant.
All the strongest players at the same table ^^"
Kagami's irrational fear of dogs was ROFL
Momoi was totally clingy. Don't get why Kuroko is so disinterested.
That puppy was cute ^^ maybe a new team mascot?

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:59   Link #236
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well can't really deny that Momoi has got coach beat in some areas

Is Kuroko lucky or what?!

The new OP is ok, not bad but no where near as good as the 1st one.
Same goes for the ED as well.

Now on to some exciting stuff!

Spoiler for what happens to all male dominated series? yea thats right they all turn into:
Old 2012-07-08, 19:21   Link #237
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Is Kuroko lucky or what?!
Well, that depends on what he wants. He didn't seem the least flustered about Momoi's momois pressed on him so maybe he has other sort of interests.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:12   Link #238
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Didn't even need the spoiler, after watching the latest episode. Girl doesn't follow her MAJOR crush since middle school, but follows another guy instead because she's deathly worried about his well being? Only one explanation for that... Momoi DEFINITELY is childhood friends with Aomine.

And THAT my friends, is the biggest reason why I ship childhood friends (or at least how Japan portrays them). The stereotypical underlying implication that they're more important to each other than even the people they supposedly romantically love? I relish the possible future when Aomine 'wakes up' to see who had always been beside him, and when Momoi realizes who her heart truly belongs to.

I know it will probably never happen, but I can dream, right? That's like so typical childhood friends love story, but I can't get enough of it.

Now CoachXCaptain (anime when you give the definite clue that they're childhood friends? enough 'hints' already ) on the other hand seems much more realistic. Coach punching Captain because he's desperately trying to sneak a peak? You jelly Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I threw this at you because 1) I hate 99% of all your pairings
I bet you were REAL thirsty when you drank all the Haterade.

Quote:
2) I want to see you fall into a shipping dilemma. What will you do now, DragoonKain?

Oh quite easy. The moment I learn one couple are childhood friends, I would abandon any and all other couplings I ever had with them. So yeah, KurokoXMomoi nice knowing you, but I'm jumping ship to AomineXMomoi. XD

It isn't the first time it happened *waves goodbye to HinagikuXHayate*, and it certainly won't be the last.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:28   Link #239
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

We all know all guy in this show only have crush to Kuroko anyway.
Old 2012-07-09, 17:48   Link #240
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
We all know all guy in this show only have crush to Kuroko anyway.
Well said!

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly do I like about this series? It's definitely not because of the sport considering how far removed the show is from how this sport is played. So what exactly is it? I guess I've no other choice but to resign myself to the conclusion that it's the bishies no matter how damning this may be to my self-held image.

Another fantastic episode!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen