AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-02-12, 22:44   Link #361
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But that's also the crazy thing about the Power Suits used in France- To be able to move even just as good as a human being despite it's bulky size has to be some technological achievement. I don't think the machines of our world have yet replicate the human body.
Yes exactly.
Old 2011-02-12, 22:49   Link #362
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Yeah, but most sci-fi depicts large power suits as bulky and have balance issues...

Anyway Yes, some guy had parts of a power suit implanted into his body for superhuman physical performance. If you're talking about automails like for Fulmetal Alchemist, they have prosthetic parts.
thats cool, cannot wait for third season lol
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 22:53   Link #363
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
thats cool, cannot wait for third season lol
Actually the antagonist in the next ep has a cybernetic arm...
Old 2011-02-12, 22:56   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Actually the antagonist in the next ep has a cybernetic arm...
Wasn't that just a glove to help him with delicate high-precision micro-level work?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 23:00   Link #365
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Wasn't that just a glove to help him with delicate high-precision micro-level work?
umm no, that's Kakine's pincet glove....
Old 2011-02-12, 23:02   Link #366
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
thats good as most sci-fi have some mecha anyway, and what about cybernetic body parts did the novel introduce some?
In SS1 with Komaba. Awaki went WTF!
In vol. 14 in Avignon, insane. Tsuchimado running white all his might,
In Vol. 20, totally insane. Hamaura sweat cold while dealing with them.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 23:11   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
umm no, that's Kakine's pincet glove....
It's both.

Spoiler for vol 12:
Old 2011-02-13, 00:18   Link #368
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It's both.

Spoiler for vol 12:
ah my bad then
Old 2011-02-13, 01:10   Link #369
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
thats good as most sci-fi have some mecha anyway, and what about cybernetic body parts did the novel introduce some?
Well, there's a Railgun SS where another Kihara (her name is Nayuta) have over 70% of her body as machines. She's a honest-to-god 'cyborg' made by Heaven Canceller.

As for mecha, well AC have a few thousand human-sized ones as of Vol21, and there was a plan for a Evangelion/Gundam-sized one back in Vol14, along with the plan to choose a student for the pilot. That plan apparently never took off though.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 09:11   Link #370
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, this thread is really underused huh? Let's see if we can get something rolling...

I had a small discussion with Flere before about this, but basically I'm thinking about using a new kind of Grimoire for a future story of mine. The idea is that it's a 'Synthetic' or 'Compound' Grimoire stitched together using pieces from various original Grimoires- The ones I had in mind were [Le Veritable Dragon Rouge], [Clavis Salomonis], and [Pseudomonarchia Daemonum] to name a few.

I'm planning to have the Synthetic Grimoire be used as a sort of Hatchery for a brand new 'Demon' fused together using parts of other demons from those other books. My 'Demons' in this sense isn't really a creature at all, they are more like 'living representations' of a spell. That was the impression I got while researching about them. The difference is that demons have their own rules and 'personality' and very specific magic that they have power over. So the whole point of this 'Hatchery' is to breed a whole new demon with new rules and 'personality' altogether, which is kinda similar to writing a spell.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any particular Grimoire or Demon that you think I should use?
Old 2011-02-15, 09:18   Link #371
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, there are a list of demons in Wikipedia.
So this Synthetic Grimoire creates chimeras out of spells? Doesn't it make the product even more dangerous and volatile than the originals? Oh well, Oriana has (in one way) demonstrated proof of concept, so this might work.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 09:24   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, there are a list of demons in Wikipedia.
That's the problem isn't it

The infamous Lesser Keystone of Solomon already has 72 demons to go through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So this Synthetic Grimoire creates chimeras out of spells? Doesn't it make the product even more dangerous and volatile than the originals? Oh well, Oriana has (in one way) demonstrated proof of concept, so this might work.
That's an interesting thought, the Grimoire would also have to consider demons that would be compatible with each other, so no water with fire...

Oriana intentionally cause a self destructive spell, but in this case I'm sure the cultists intends for something more permanent
Old 2011-02-15, 20:13   Link #373
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Wow, this thread is really underused huh? Let's see if we can get something rolling...

I had a small discussion with Flere before about this, but basically I'm thinking about using a new kind of Grimoire for a future story of mine. The idea is that it's a 'Synthetic' or 'Compound' Grimoire stitched together using pieces from various original Grimoires- The ones I had in mind were [Le Veritable Dragon Rouge], [Clavis Salomonis], and [Pseudomonarchia Daemonum] to name a few.

I'm planning to have the Synthetic Grimoire be used as a sort of Hatchery for a brand new 'Demon' fused together using parts of other demons from those other books. My 'Demons' in this sense isn't really a creature at all, they are more like 'living representations' of a spell. That was the impression I got while researching about them. The difference is that demons have their own rules and 'personality' and very specific magic that they have power over. So the whole point of this 'Hatchery' is to breed a whole new demon with new rules and 'personality' altogether, which is kinda similar to writing a spell.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any particular Grimoire or Demon that you think I should use?
... Wow, I'd have to say the idea is insane. A fully sentient Grimoire beyond just caring about self-propagation? I think this is one of those scenarios Necessarius is established to make sure it doesn't happen.

IMO, it'd fit with the laws of IndexVerse. Whether the parts of the Grimoire will mesh together is another thing; the 'chimera' analogy is apt, the grimoire would be just as likely to fall apart due to incompatibility, or may even blow up spectacularly as the difference between spells possibly aggravate each other.

I'll be looking forward what you can cook up with this idea
Old 2011-02-15, 20:21   Link #374
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... Wow, I'd have to say the idea is insane. A fully sentient Grimoire beyond just caring about self-propagation? I think this is one of those scenarios Necessarius is established to make sure it doesn't happen.
I don't know about fully sentient, but since the comparison is that Grimoires are like AIs or virus, then one can assume that you can program Grimoires to tailor specific needs. In this case, it's like an incubator trying to fuse parts together, so it's kinda one dimensional, one's it's function is complete, it falls apart or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
IMO, it'd fit with the laws of IndexVerse. Whether the parts of the Grimoire will mesh together is another thing; the 'chimera' analogy is apt, the grimoire would be just as likely to fall apart due to incompatibility, or may even blow up spectacularly as the difference between spells possibly aggravate each other.

I'll be looking forward what you can cook up with this idea
Like I've said, it's going to be a one-off thing, once the Demon hatched, the Grimoire would cease to function

Any suggestions about which demons to use? Any particular famous ones?
Old 2011-02-15, 20:36   Link #375
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

...Okay, I agree. There are just too many demons in Wikipedia.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 20:37   Link #376
Flere821
Lurker

I'm not well versed in deamonlogy, anime-verse ones or otherwise ^^; So I can't help there.
Old 2011-02-16, 01:11   Link #377
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Did someone ask for a demonogist?
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:55   Link #378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Did someone ask for a demonogist?
Yeah, show me what you got Any suggestions for a particularly interesting demon that people tend to overlook like Satanachia or Agaliarept...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-16 at 02:35.
Old 2011-02-17, 22:47   Link #379
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Yeah, show me what you got Any suggestions for a particularly interesting demon that people tend to overlook like Satanachia or Agaliarept...
Which religion you want to use? and you want a full demon, powerful, smart, fallen entity? Pop culture or just plain old weird demon.

From nowdays one of the popular choices is Asmodeus, Astarot is a good candidate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipos Ipos would fit perfectly your theme as its a chimera :P
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 23:58   Link #380
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Which religion you want to use? and you want a full demon, powerful, smart, fallen entity? Pop culture or just plain old weird demon.
Abrahamic, preferably with some connection to old man Solomon and especially Samuel Mathers but any other demonologist in the 20th century would do as well.

And no pop culture cool demon, I want old school weirdos that looked like they were spliced together using an old midget and a wooden chair.

Quote:
From nowdays one of the popular choices is Asmodeus, Astarot is a good candidate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipos Ipos would fit perfectly your theme as its a chimera :P
I want to try to avoid the more popular names; Powerful, but not so well known.

It doesn't necessary have to have a miniture zoo as a body, the most important factor is their individual 'powers' and whether they would mesh well together.

Tags
hard science