Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 07:08   Link #2361
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
The game will be for windows o.o
We are in need of pixel artist and spriters, so if you know someone who is willing to join the team tell me *-*
I'd be glad to recommend someone, but I have no idea...
Btw, I wonder where that Danzel girl comes from.

Quote:
This will not end well.
Thanks, Cap'n. I hope for something bittersweet at least, though.
After all, we still have Eri Kitamura's words that there will be a glimpse of light for Sayaka in the end (unless she trolled us and that light was from Kyouko's final attack ).

Quote:
"What to watch after episode 12, to help alleviate some of the soul crushing despair?"
MariaHolic XDDDDDDDDD Or something equally acid from the same studio that brought us Madoka.

Quote:
it is a magical girl anime after all there has to be a happy ending
I thought so... right until I learnt more about Gen Urobuchi.
Shinbo himself is not above those;
Spoiler for Petite Cossette ending...:

but we'll see what their tandem ultimately comes up to.
Also, I guess some people would find this outcome disappointing (sigh, I remember an acquaintance of mine constantly ranting about Samurai Champloo for that matter). Personally, I like the characters and will only be glad if somehow they DO get through. Like I said, the only thing the show's required to do is not to give us a happy/bittersweet/shocking ending, but a well-written one, to keep in touch with the universe and logic established.
Then again, "the universe" part might be optional, if Madoka decides to use her wish for some system-hacking.

Quote:
Mami: 5 Deaths
TL2 uncomfirmed: it's possibly implied, but she could have been simply KO'd and tossed away with the same probability. And since Homura's gone, she'll never know what happened to Madoka... wait... (*gunshot heard, Mami falls to the ground*) damn, KYUUBEY, why can't you keep silent when it's actually NEEDED!
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:35   Link #2362
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Kuudere is the new moe... why was I not informed?!

It's only been two or three weeks since I last saw a Madoka episode, but new anime have pretty much taken over all of my interest. I'll have to watch all 13 episodes simultaneously one after the other to regain the previous desire I had to see Madoka and Homura suffer. (If only I had 13 TVs...)

I think the viewers should hold on to a very heavy piece of furniture, for safety reasons.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:45   Link #2363
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Kuudere is the new moe... why was I not informed?!

It's only been two or three weeks since I last saw a Madoka episode, but new anime have pretty much taken over all of my interest. I'll have to watch all 13 episodes simultaneously one after the other to regain the previous desire I had to see Madoka and Homura suffer. (If only I had 13 TVs...)

I think the viewers should hold on to a very heavy piece of furniture, for safety reasons.
Wait... 13 ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 22:52   Link #2364
sa547
*Author

Make that 11 TV sets, because by Friday morning...

Okay, reviewing previous TV ratings, Madoka garnered some serious okay percentages so far for the Kansai and Nagoya regions (SD mentioned here for comparison):

Quote:
Kansai
*4.2% 02/13 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm MBS Star Driver
*3.4% 02/20 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm MBS Star Driver
*3.6% 02/27 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm MBS Star Driver
*1.8% 03/06 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm MBS Star Driver

*3.2% 02/10 (Thu) 1:25am-1:55am MBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*2.0% 02/17 (Thu) 1:25am-1:55am MBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*2.0% 02/24 (Thu) 1:25am-1:55am MBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*1.8% 03/03 (Thu) 1:25am-1:55am MBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*2.5% 03/10 (Thu) 1:25am-1:55am MBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

Nagoya
*3.9% 02/13 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm CBC Star Driver
*3.8% 02/20 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm CBC Star Driver
*3.4% 02/27 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm CBC Star Driver
*2.7% 03/06 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm CBC Star Driver

*1.3% 02/09 (Wed) 2:00am-2:30am CBC Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*1.9% 02/16 (Wed) 2:00am-2:30am CBC Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*2.1% 02/23 (Wed) 2:00am-2:30am CBC Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*1.7% 03/02 (Wed) 2:04am-2:34am CBC Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
*1.7% 03/09 (Wed) 2:04am-2:34am CBC Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=179820

Also:
Quote:
*2.2%(*1.7%) 03/04 (Fri) 1:55am-2:25am TBS Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...c.php?t=176991

We wonder what percentages The Finale will be getting by next morning. Maybe even bigger (and this is a very long shot, a dog's chance in hell) for one that's been placed so far in the early morning slot, and could even set a precedent unheard of.
Old 2011-04-20, 20:34   Link #2365
NaweG
Just some guy

Anyone got a countdown clock going? Also anyone know when the Ep 11/12 thread (or will there still be two threads) will open so I can spoiler myself until I get home tomorrow night?
Old 2011-04-20, 20:58   Link #2366
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Anyone got a countdown clock going? Also anyone know when the Ep 11/12 thread (or will there still be two threads) will open so I can spoiler myself until I get home tomorrow night?
http://countdown.mandragon.info/

Like that ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:19   Link #2367
sa547
*Author

Friend in Japan showed us full-page ads for Madoka on... what else? Yomiuri Shinbun.
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=451920#451920

That was... a load of steel balls to do just that.

According to him, a full-page ad on that broadsheet costs approximately 50 million yen (or about US$606,850, 100k more than the sticker price of a 2010 Saleen S7) for both east and west Japan, and I think the last time an anime studio did just that was when Gainax then posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal on Asahi Shinbun in December 2002.

I think Aniplex (Sony's subsidiary, of course) was the one who doled out that insane amount of advertising budget.

EDIT: did a bit of Googling, which means the Yomiuri folks say that their rate for a black-and-white ad is priced at ¥47,910,000, for 10,018,701 copies in a single day (for comparison, the New York Times sells 6 X 21 full page ad spaces for $73,420 for entertainment advertisers).

Last edited by sa547; 2011-04-21 at 01:53.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 22:35   Link #2368
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Friend in Japan showed us full-page ads for Madoka on... what else? Yomiuri Shinbun.

According to him, a full-page ad on that broadsheet costs approximately 50 million yen for both east and west Japan, and I think the last time an anime studio did just that was when Gainax then posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal.
Talk about swinging for the fences, wow.

Have to appreciate this sort of courage and confidence on the part of SHAFT, Shinbo, and Urobuchi.
Old 2011-04-21, 00:25   Link #2369
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for gen urobuchi talks about episode 12:

whattahell..T___T
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 00:29   Link #2370
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:

According to him, a full-page ad on that broadsheet costs approximately 50 million yen for both east and west Japan, and I think the last time an anime studio did just that was when Gainax then posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal on Asahi Shinbun in December 2002.
KYUBEY IS RESPONSIBLE! Hide your daughters, hide your sisters, 'cause everyone's getting contracted out here!!!!!

Hey - I forgot all about Madoka Magica until 2 days ago. I bet most of Japan did as well, given the earthquake and an overload of new anime. The only way to regain the casual viewers of Madoka's previous audience is to invade their newspapers. I doubt the fans really need an advertisement; they were planning on watching ever since Mami lost a certain limb in episode 3.

Is it really such a daring move? It's certainly a costly move, but Shaft doesn't seem very concerned about their financial gains. The worst that could happen is people at Shaft studio lose their job because the ending is too overwhelmingly tragic for the already shell-shocked country of Japan to watch. Resulting criticism and hatred toward Urobuchi and Shinbo may have an impact on their futures. But these two men are already somewhat despised by a sizable group of anime fans. (Shinbo for Bakemonogatari, especially...)

I suppose Shinbo and Urobuchi could have aired their final two episodes and let Madoka shrink back down into obscurity like many of the other anime greats... but they decided to end their show at full throttle, to compensate for the disappointing two week delay. Now Madoka will be known by the non-Madoka watching Japanese public as "that show with a large advertisement in the newspaper."
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 00:37   Link #2371
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:

According to him, a full-page ad on that broadsheet costs approximately 50 million yen for both east and west Japan, and I think the last time an anime studio did just that was when Gainax then posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal on Asahi Shinbun in December 2002.
Another interesting bit is that the Madoka staff Twitter says that they've been working till last weekend to put the finishing touches on the last episode(s). IOW, they needed a full month to get those episodes done, so SHAFT seems very keen on hyping this show up as much as possible, thus setting the bar extremely high in terms of expectations.
Old 2011-04-21, 00:45   Link #2372
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Jesus anyone with half a brain knows you don't spend 50 million yen without expecting at least a long run net benefit. I mean I know Madoka is making Shaft money but is Madoka really making Shaft that much money? Or are these guys just batshit insane? Although I guess the production values of Denpa Onna is a testament to something here...

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 01:14   Link #2373
Jimmy C

I can't believe they've been working until last weekend on the last episodes. That means the finale would have looked terrible if aired as originally scheduled.
On the bright side, they are done. So there had better be no further quality issues.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 05:19   Link #2374
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

According to him, a full-page ad on that broadsheet costs approximately 50 million yen (or about US$606,850, 100k more than the sticker price of a 2010 Saleen S7) for both east and west Japan, and I think the last time an anime studio did just that was when Gainax then posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal on Asahi Shinbun in December 2002.

I think Aniplex (Sony's subsidiary, of course) was the one who doled out that insane amount of advertising budget.

EDIT: did a bit of Googling, which means the Yomiuri folks say that their rate for a black-and-white ad is priced at ¥47,910,000, for 10,018,701 copies in a single day (for comparison, the New York Times sells 6 X 21 full page ad spaces for $73,420 for entertainment advertisers).
Yeah, it is expensive. But it's not like it is first time Aniplex did, for instance, Angel Beats and Ore no Imouto.

But indeed, they are going all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I can't believe they've been working until last weekend on the last episodes. That means the finale would have looked terrible if aired as originally scheduled.
Well, only difference I can see is that Shaft won't be doing any fixing/editing on BD/DVD as usual for those two episode, in this case. I'm pretty sure what they were doing is having original episodes that is finished before April, but fixing it again and again until Shinbo satisfies.
Old 2011-04-21, 07:21   Link #2375
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Another interesting bit is that the Madoka staff Twitter says that they've been working till last weekend to put the finishing touches on the last episode(s). IOW, they needed a full month to get those episodes done, so SHAFT seems very keen on hyping this show up as much as possible, thus setting the bar extremely high in terms of expectations.
It's just shaft being shaft. It's not like it was unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Jesus anyone with half a brain knows you don't spend 50 million yen without expecting at least a long run net benefit. I mean I know Madoka is making Shaft money but is Madoka really making Shaft that much money? Or are these guys just batshit insane? Although I guess the production values of Denpa Onna is a testament to something here...
Answer to both of those questions is yes. They are batshit insane and I'm pretty sure that predicted profits from madoka are looking might fine with it dominating the pre-order charts and all.
Old 2011-04-21, 09:20   Link #2376
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'm just gonna blurt it out. 3 more hours guys. Who's ready for a heart-wrenching ending we'll probably get?
Old 2011-04-21, 10:27   Link #2377
TAKOYAKI

I`m japanese.
I can hardy wait for madoka!
Oh, it is starting in about 2 hours!
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:17   Link #2378
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
It seems the finale has achieve a 7% tv rating in tokyo,at 2:40AM.

That's godly at that timeslot.
Old 2011-04-21, 16:23   Link #2379
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It seems the finale has achieve a 7% tv rating in tokyo,at 2:40AM.

That's godly at that timeslot.
My mind is blown.

still blown

and blown
Old 2011-04-21, 17:39   Link #2380
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
But these two men are already somewhat despised by a sizable group of anime fans. (Shinbo for Bakemonogatari, especially...)
Huh? Why does Shinbo being hated for Bakemonogatari?

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen