AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 23:31   Link #26781
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

I figured, it makes sense with rabid fans amok everywhere...! Most the story regards with Canon being told in a different way, from my own point of view... Cause everything seems so clean cut in the IS world that it simply doesn't make much sense to me

"Those that lay their eyes on a member of STARIS...Shall be silenced."
-Special Tactics Against Rogue Infinite Stratos (STARIS) Credos
Infinite Stratos: Spirit of a Soldier

"I will keep fighting, because that's the only thing that makes me feel... That is my reality."
- The Cobalt Mercenary
Objective Reality: A Sword Art Online Fanfiction
CmmdrRosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 23:34   Link #26782
Eratas123

They just don't like OC's. Amping up Ichika to near Aizen levels is fine with them as long as it's him.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:41   Link #26783
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

... That seems... Improbable.... Most due to the IS pilots that I have noticed have no military training of any kind, besides Laura... (Reality Ensures...Slightly)

But then again, I was going to justify that Schwarzer Regen is a very heavily 1 v 1, and therefore in a 2 v 1 situation, you get pooped on.

Even then, Byakushiki 1st shift has alot of problems on its own, only CQC oriented, no ranged attack.... How the hell can you fight like that?(Excuse my language) Only when it becomes 2nd Shift I can understand why, but still, it isn't like GOD power to the max

I enjoy a slight bit of reality... As I said in the fiction that there are no lasers and the IS armors have thrusters.

"I will keep fighting, because that's the only thing that makes me feel... That is my reality."
- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-20, 23:48   Link #26784
Eratas123

Actually, everybody does have military training. Charlotte and Laura took out some armed robbers and Charlotte even did bullet time in V4. They mention that all rep candidates/cadets get training as part of their position.
Old 2012-03-20, 23:49   Link #26785
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrRosh View Post
... That seems... Improbable.... Most due to the IS pilots that I have noticed have no military training of any kind, besides Laura... (Reality Ensures...Slightly)

But then again, I was going to justify that Schwarzer Regen is a very heavily 1 v 1, and therefore in a 2 v 1 situation, you get pooped on.

Even then, Byakushiki 1st shift has alot of problems on its own, only CQC oriented, no ranged attack.... How the hell can you fight like that?(Excuse my language) Only when it becomes 2nd Shift I can understand why, but still, it isn't like GOD power to the max

I enjoy reality... As I said in the fiction that there are no lasers and the IS armors have thrusters.
Well, if I were to say, Kenneth would probably equal in terms of combat capabilities as Laura without the clone thing.

However, i can't judge if your character is a Sue or not yet. but so far, the only thing that I am concerned about is the Shadow Dancer's ability, while i can understand the ability to replicate but to push it even better against the opponent, either Ken has a LOT of experience in ALL areas of combat or maybe there's something I am missing here.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 23:56   Link #26786
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

Meh, the cadets having training has always confused me on that part, but I'll look into it never the less... I thought bullet time kinda tied in with Anime Physics... or hand-waved with the IS armors...

@blitz1/2 Thats pretty much the case, both breed to be soldiers... Plus a little loop in to how Schwarzer Hase is part of STARIS, so Laura also hates Kenneth for tarnishing STARIS's name.

Both Laura and Kenneth have their training with alot with enemy IS's, STARIS was built to counter any-and-all rogue IS problems.

- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-21, 00:02   Link #26787
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

Most of the Soldiers of STARIS view this belief when interacting with regular IS pilots...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ardboardSpeech

They really don't like showing strength, but when forced to, then they will

- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-21, 00:05   Link #26788
Eratas123

I'm not really good in regards to jusdging Abnormal's. The only abnormal I use in FI is a bad guy, not a protag.
Old 2012-03-21, 00:09   Link #26789
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

It helps with the plot and character development of Kenneth, he really is a heart-broken death seeker who sucks at dying, wishing to have died along with his loved one a year in the past...

But I'll see if he gets his wish at the end or not, depending on my mood of the day

- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-21, 00:19   Link #26790
Eratas123

Just don't make it overblown.

"Why can't I DIE!? RAAAAAAAGGGGG!" like most people. MGS again comes into play here with Fortune.
Old 2012-03-21, 00:24   Link #26791
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

I barely know anything about MGS, even less so with MGS 2 (right? idk) soooo..... (Cue sweattdrop)

It's not much of him wangsting over Angel (His loved one) dying, he's pretty much to terms with it, but still longs for death to come anyways... I was going to lampshade wangsting as something that he absolutely hates...

The duty of a Soldier of STARIS, life is insignificant in comparison to be the Vanguard of Humanity against Rogue IS... Hence "Spirit of a Soldier"

...Which now makes me think to abbreviate it to SoS.... that was completely a coincidence.... I didn't really that untill now.

- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-21, 00:34   Link #26792
CmmdrRosh
Gray Jedi

And with this, I'm off, night everybody..

- The Cobalt Mercenary
Old 2012-03-21, 02:59   Link #26793
HasuMasu
*Artist

Oh look, there's a new guy.
Old 2012-03-21, 02:59   Link #26794
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Hey, Zero.

Can practically anything trigger some sort of "flashback" that can result in a person "breaking down" right on the spot?
usually, it's either traumatic experience or some sort of de javu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrRosh View Post
That's why I don't have any "SUE" characters... Most can handle themselves quite nicely, especially with the blackstory for the OC

Plus, I never use First-Person writing... It hurts when I think about it...
We ourselves is not exempt to overpowered character with huge spotlight. Just that making a balanced character that develop along the cast is much more fun (and safer with readers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Then Germany pops out evidence the other countries aren't so innocent
No country is perfect Utopia, Eras, what matters is that there's always standard. German do not broke the standard, they stomp it and then took a shit on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Just don't make it overblown.

"Why can't I DIE!? RAAAAAAAGGGGG!" like most people. MGS again comes into play here with Fortune.
Fortune: "What was that? I couldn't hear you over my TRAGIC PAST."

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-03-21 at 03:26.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 03:37   Link #26795
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does the world itself achieve peace in the ending, or just the main characters?

Why didn't she just slit her throat or jump of a cliff? Honestly, death seekers who keep whining that they can't die just look stupid. As long as they don' whine, then it's easy to swallow.
Old 2012-03-21, 03:45   Link #26796
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Idea title: Connect- Disconnect- Possibility of another future

Spoiler for short history setting:

Spoiler for character roles:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 03:57   Link #26797
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:

Fast-forward ten years later, and Kenneth Buyuu, an 18 year soldier of the United States STARIS program, is sent to Japan, to help him cope with his past. Problem is a year ago, he lost a loved one to Rogue IS units, leading him to slaughting over a 100 pilots in the US alone. This tarnished the US program of STARIS, the Scion Initiates or SI, and Kenneth is pretty much their redemption card...

100 IS pilots appear awesome until you combine with the idea of Big bad in my story.....

The Big bad is just an ordinary man, he can't and won't fight IS pilots, instead he manipulate other badass people to fight IS pilot for him.

and you get something horrifying (edit: Note: Fully intended. He is supposed to be the Fridge horror for OC who find fighting IS as awesome when they are just being played by him)

Out of 100 IS pilots, how many are actually innocent? But deemed rouge due to bribery/ manipulation / misinformation by that Big Bad?

If you want dark story, here you have it. Dark Story usually reflect the imperfection of Life:

Innocent lives being sentenced to death for a crime which they did not committed just happen to be one of the darker side of life.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:01   Link #26798
Eratas123

@ Demi - Most of the cast aren't that different from Canon. The only different one really is Kanzashi.

@ Treme - Philosophy again? I'm playing Dragon age right now, so innocent or not is kinda blurred since I'm killing mooks left and right.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:06   Link #26799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: well that was the idea The changes are mostly just removing the Orimura effect.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 04:10   Link #26800
Eratas123

WHere the heck did the money obsession cme from? She's not poor by any means.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest