AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-23, 23:25   Link #341
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Finally watched Ep2. Wow, awesome animation there. Every explosion looked SO expensive.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:07   Link #342
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um i have a question

after ep 1 my head is asking me

was this a game????
No, entirely original.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 04:34   Link #343
terrus

Man this wait is killing me . I'm usually fine with a weeks wait for another episode of an anime, but I haven't been this intrigued to find out what happens in the next episode since Gurren-Laggan.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 11:58   Link #344
terrus

I can watch episode two now Yay!
Old 2008-07-24, 14:21   Link #345
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bonen no Xamdou: Lost Memories - First Thoughts

I give thanks to Omniscient for introducing me to this title, once he discussed about it on his blog.

The first episode turned out better than expected.
Spoiler:

I really love stories which take place in an alternate world where humanity depends on Industrial Revolution technology, particularly the planes and fighters, which the mysterious red-head pilots, akin to the designs displayed in various Miyazaki films like Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

I researched that this anime first aired in USA before Japan through the Sony Playstation Network.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:17   Link #346
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I researched that this anime first aired in USA before Japan through the Sony Playstation Network.
That was mentioned oh so many times during the whole "i won't pay that" talk, it's nothing new.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:27   Link #347
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2008-07-24, 19:29   Link #348
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattei.you View Post
god..paid for HD version.. take a WHILE to d/l 1.5G.
Sad thing is, its gonna be gone in a day.

what is this Sony...
What Zoe said earlier

As long as you don't do the 'Play while downloading' thing, the 24 hour timer wont start. When you initially download it, it has a 14 day timer start. But as soon as you hit play, whether while downloading, or after its done downloading, it starts the 24 hour one. So my advice, if you have a strong and quick connection speed, play it while you download (Thats what I do), but it will be gone in 24 hours (it takes me about a half an hour to 45 min to download the HD, You HAVE to admit though the HD looks really nice. If I had owned the episode, I would have said it was worth the 4 bucks, but still 1.5 gigs is alot of space).
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 00:13   Link #349
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.xamd.jp/special/sakuga.html

They've updated the Special section again, this time tons of new design sheets have been put up. You can see the designs for Xam'd, the Humanform weapons, and the ships. Those weren't previously available.
Old 2008-07-25, 01:11   Link #350
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

aw man i m soo envious i wanna watch ep but no money T_T man i gotta w8 till crunchy post it T_T
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 03:46   Link #351
terrus

Just watched episode two and it was fantastic! the animation was as spectacular as episode one if not more so, but even more questions have been brought up with this episode. Still i'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Juding by the fact that those Xam'd like 'humanforms' are in the mech design section of the special page it seems they aren't humanforms but some sort of combat suit.

Also i wonder when the man with camera in the OP will be turning up as well?

Last edited by terrus; 2008-07-25 at 04:03.
Old 2008-07-25, 04:15   Link #352
kujoe
from head to heel

Akiyuki looks like some sort of fish/amphibian hybrid. I just wish he didn't have those Popeye arms of his. I wonder what's the inspiration behind the design.

Instead of going straight for advanced mecha design, the series seems to be going for organic or biological motifs when it comes to the setting's technology—for one faction at least. It's pretty weird, but as that Humanform shows in this episode, there's a lot of room for imaginative stuff during action scenes.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 04:19   Link #353
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.xamd.jp/special/sakuga.html

They've updated the Special section again, this time tons of new design sheets have been put up. You can see the designs for Xam'd, the Humanform weapons, and the ships. Those weren't previously available.
Seems like your earlier mediafire link is dead. Here is everything extracted from the special including the new stuff for anybody interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xh6r6ey9bns
Old 2008-07-25, 04:21   Link #354
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
anyone have any idea whent he first dvd is going to be out?
I don't have a PS3 and I've watched episode one.. music is fantastic and the storyline is very interesting =< finally found somehting good that starts airing in summer and then they air it like this -_-; pitty
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 04:52   Link #355
terrus

Quote:
Instead of going straight for advanced mecha design, the series seems to be going for organic or biological motifs when it comes to the setting's technology—for one faction at least. It's pretty weird, but as that Humanform shows in this episode, there's a lot of room for imaginative stuff during action scenes.
I suspect the idea of organic and biological weapons most likley comes from 'The guyver'.

Quote:
Seems like your earlier mediafire link is dead. Here is everything extracted from the special including the new stuff for anybody interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xh6r6ey9bns
Thanks for this

Quote:
anyone have any idea whent he first dvd is going to be out?
I don't have a PS3 and I've watched episode one.. music is fantastic and the storyline is very interesting =< finally found somehting good that starts airing in summer and then they air it like this -_-; pitty
The show has been licensed and therefore we probably will be getting a dub/sub dvd. Unless Bones and aniplex have planned ahead we probably won't see these dvds for about a year, as that's how usually long it takes for a dub to be released once the anime has been licensed. however it's possible that we may get bundle packs of four or five episodes to keep on the PSN store, but i doubt it as their probably worried about people ripping the episodes.
Old 2008-07-25, 06:06   Link #356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
t's pretty weird, but as that Humanform shows in this episode, there's a lot of room for imaginative stuff during action scenes.
Very true, and it's just one of the reasons why i'm so excited for more of this series.

Spoiler for Episode 02:
Old 2008-07-25, 07:50   Link #357
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think the organic nature of the weapons from the Northern Government is more of a social commentary than anything else. The worldview in Xam'd is set 70 years after a "great war" that split the continent into two - North and South. The Southern Government is more "western" in both advanced technology (mechs, tanks, guns) and general culture and standards of living. The Northern Government is more rural and traditional in terms of fashion and choice of language/warfare - leaning more towards a religious mindset and using methods of self-sacrifice and mass destruction. To me it seems a lot like a commentary on the two halves of Korea.
Old 2008-07-25, 08:12   Link #358
terrus

Wow, that's a pretty good observation. Thanks for clearing up which halves of the continent were which though, I was getting kind of confused. Concerning the Scientist in the wheelchair (who is presumably from the north due to his facial markings) and the blond women and the officer with a mole on his cheek, are they members of the southern freestates or do they belong to some sort of seperate orginsation?

This is getting as similar to Eureka seven in terms of social comentary. Except whith Eureka seven it was about Japan's relationships with foreign cultures after the end of the period of isolation.

Also where does it say that Xam'd is set seventy years after a great war, is it on the website?
Old 2008-07-25, 08:15   Link #359
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
The show has been licensed and therefore we probably will be getting a dub/sub dvd. Unless Bones and aniplex have planned ahead we probably won't see these dvds for about a year, as that's how usually long it takes for a dub to be released once the anime has been licensed. however it's possible that we may get bundle packs of four or five episodes to keep on the PSN store, but i doubt it as their probably worried about people ripping the episodes.
1st DVD in Japan I mean not America or any other place cause that takes a long time =< usually they have like 2 eps per dvd there thus the reason I'm asking
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:37   Link #360
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very true, and it's just one of the reasons why i'm so excited for more of this series.

Spoiler for Episode 02:
I thought that Haru wouldn't be on the ship because those 2 in the OP are walking in 2 different directions. She could become a Humanform weapon for the Southern government. She is also standing in dark water in a very dark background in the ED (How many hints to bad outcome can we get in an ED?) so I'm not getting too attached to her.

Nakiami gives one for the ladies by carrying Akiyuki. Even better was that Akiyuki became Nakiami's "pet".

Tags
bones