AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 03:44   Link #401
terrus

Really? so it get's uploaded a few hours after midnight then?
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 03:52   Link #402
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Really? so it get's uploaded a few hours after midnight then?
It might not have been up this early last week, I'm not sure. I think it generally just goes up on Tuesday whenever someone decides to update the Video Store. lolz.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 04:31   Link #403
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

so in short we can expect ep 3 to be like tomorrow or is it the DVD you guys are talking about???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 04:58   Link #404
terrus

Deffinitaly Wednesday yes, if were lucky we might get it before the end of the day and what DVD?
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 07:17   Link #405
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
and what DVD?
I just think someone's a bit confused on the situation.
Old 2008-07-29, 07:26   Link #406
deffusse
otaku[SK]

I have a question. >> Xamdou is licenced, refer this licence to the content on PSN [or other ps3 comunity]? I mean anime episodes providing by sony PS/// Or only for incoming dvd's, BD's, TV and so on?
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 07:40   Link #407
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
I have a question. >> Xamdou is licenced, refer this licence to the content on PSN [or other ps3 comunity]? I mean anime episodes providing by sony PS/// Or only for incoming dvd's, BD's, TV and so on?
I don't think I really understand what you mean. It is being made available to watch with the permission of the licence holders (Sony/Aniplex) in the US via the Playstation Store. We don't know if there are going to be DVDs etc., but licensed is licensed.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 08:30   Link #408
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I was thinking about buying it off of PSN but..ia it good ?
Old 2008-07-29, 09:35   Link #409
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I was thinking about buying it off of PSN but..ia it good ?
As you can see from a lot of the posts in this thread, we're very impressed with the series --- saying it's easily the best show airing at the moment.

You may as well do some read up on it before you purchase, though i believe it's money well spent.
Old 2008-07-29, 10:06   Link #410
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ohh ok soo hm i jsut hope this will be available in crunchy or veoh
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 19:29   Link #411
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Pretty good ep. It's interesting how the action sequences so far have been pretty original. I guess that's one way of keeping the show fresh and interesting without having to rely on crazy Xam'd action every week.

The "translation" for the episode titles are totally whacked btw. 偽装 国際郵便船 (Disguised International Postal Ship) does not in any way translate to "The way to freedom", and この世に響く 耳鳴りの数々 (In this world, there are many echos resounding) is most definitely not "Enlightenment".
Old 2008-07-30, 07:10   Link #412
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There's quite a bit to say about the third episode, though for now i'll just go with:

Those are some beautiful looked after feet Benikawa. <3
Old 2008-07-30, 12:41   Link #413
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Man, there is a firmware update for 2.42 but for some reason, everytime I try to download it, it hits an error message. This means I can't log in to the PSN video store and download this....gahhh! But from what I've heard, ep 3 is alright, the basic get-to-know-crew episode (like Eureka 7's get-to-know-crew episode)
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 13:23   Link #414
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I'm not sure i agree it's the best series of the season, but it is a good show. Shame Sony are castrating themselves with poor availability. If they followed Gonzo and released on BOOST or Crunchy they'd make a hell of a lot more i think
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:50   Link #415
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
I'm not sure i agree it's the best series of the season, but it is a good show. Shame Sony are castrating themselves with poor availability. If they followed Gonzo and released on BOOST or Crunchy they'd make a hell of a lot more i think
I doubt so, with this platform they keep 100% of all purchases. :P
Old 2008-07-30, 19:50   Link #416
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

True, but it's highly limited. Whats the point of keeping 100% of the profit if your only reaching a very limited audience. Only those with a PS3, and only those in the States can buy it. That's a very small market. Sure there are ways around the localisation, using web cards and other stuff.

But if they'd followed the Gonzo route and opened it to everyone through the likes of Boost, they'd make more. Sure they'd loose on the individual sales, but on the total sales it would be up.

Hell if they were that determined to keep the proceeds they could of set up their own network, something they've been saying since the PS3 was launched. They wanted to spread the PSN to the PC and Mac as well. They just never followed through with it.

All this is doing is perpetrating illegal copies. Since people can't get it officially, they'll get it unofficialy from a torrent
Old 2008-07-30, 20:40   Link #417
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't think Sony's in any way trying to compete with low quality digital streaming platforms. This is more of a PPV format that's exclusive to the Playstation Network. Its aim is not to reach as many people as possible, but to help build Sony's Video platform on the PS3 with exclusive HD material. It's much more attractive to high end home theatre owners than a cheap online stream you watch on your PC. It's too bad for the people that feel left out, but that's how it is.
Old 2008-07-30, 21:05   Link #418
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't think Sony's in any way trying to compete with low quality digital streaming platforms. This is more of a PPV format that's exclusive to the Playstation Network. Its aim is not to reach as many people as possible, but to help build Sony's Video platform on the PS3 with exclusive HD material. It's much more attractive to high end home theatre owners than a cheap online stream you watch on your PC. It's too bad for the people that feel left out, but that's how it is.
Thats where you wrong the PSN was suposed to be available on the PC as well, but for whater reason, havent finished it yet. Sony have stated several times they intend to bring the PSN to both the PC and the Mac.

As for the quality, frankly i've seen higher quality episodes of Strike Witches coming from BOOST. Just because the stream is low quality, dosent mean the download is as well.

However in this time, with the credit crunch and all, not opening it to as many people as possible is suicide. However even if they're restricting to the PS3 network there's no reason for them to limit it to the states. They hold the rights for most of the world (asia excluded, and one or two other places, but most of europe) is just plain nuts. I've a mate luckily who lives in La, he dl's it, and sends me a copy.

Seems to me Sony havent really thought all that much about this, and just wanted to get it out as quick as possible, and dropped the ball in the process.
Old 2008-07-30, 21:09   Link #419
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I agree. They are only interested in establishing PSN. It's so easy to knock off those illegal copies that if they were concerned they would have taken them down already.

Besides putting it on BOST would have been meant that there would have been more illegal copies than what is already out there.

Edit: They are not limiting it to the states. Japan gets it in September. Wouldn't it be sad if there was a tag in some of those files that actually identifies the original purchaser of the product like CR does?

So are we going to talk about the episode?

Last edited by orion; 2008-07-30 at 21:20.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 21:19   Link #420
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Thats where you wrong the PSN was suposed to be available on the PC as well, but for whater reason, havent finished it yet. Sony have stated several times they intend to bring the PSN to both the PC and the Mac.
I think you misunderstand what they meant by that. They intend for the PC and Mac to be able to access the PSN Store eventually as a gateway to download content to transfer to the PSP and the PS3. PSN was never meant to serve as a PC or Mac store, and there are no plans at all for that.

Oh and if BOST is offering anime download purchases that are in higher quality than 1280x720 with 5.1 sound, I'll love to see them. :P

Quote:
Seems to me Sony havent really thought all that much about this, and just wanted to get it out as quick as possible, and dropped the ball in the process.
They've been planning this release since December last year. :P

Tags
bones